SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.)

+8
Garcia75
BareKnuckleRoo2
William Assunção
KFCutman
Waruiva
BigDarsh
Solinarius
Don Vecta
12 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.) Empty The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.)

Post  Don Vecta Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:14 pm

Okay, CajNatalie, Laucorn and yours truly started in the old forum a complete enemy compendium, discussing about the enemy's behavior, properties, strengths, weaknesses and trivia. I'll be pasting the work already done by CajNatalie. In the incoming days I'll be continuing what we started to we can have the whole encyclopedia done soon.

Without further ado, let's start.

Cajnatalie wrote:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
...in collaboration with Laucorn and Don Vecta

In the order they're organised in SoRMaker.
This is based on Mania behaviour.

Row 1
Spoiler:

Row 2
Spoiler:

Row 3
Spoiler:

Row 4
Later
Spoiler:

Last edited by Don Vecta on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.) Empty Re: The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.)

Post  Solinarius Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Would you like me to clean up the structure of your information? I can also make it shorter and sweeter while still leaving its style in tact.
Solinarius
Solinarius
Galsia

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.) Empty Re: The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.)

Post  Don Vecta Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Solinarius wrote:Would you like me to clean up the structure of your information? I can also make it shorter and sweeter while still leaving its style in tact.
That could help a lot, not to mention updating the info as several points are done in v5.0. I updated a couple of points at v5.0a standards, but others need to be updated.

Appreciate the help. Smile 

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:43 am

Workshop: Hakuyo

(Disclaimer: I'll be addressing this character by its name Hakuyo, the SOR1 long haired Chinese dude will be addressed as Haku-Oh) Japanese martial artist with a huge tendency to use flying kicks and chi attacks, who appeared for the first time in the truck of stage 2 in SOR2.
His approach is usually quite offensive and would try to jump at you whenever he could. He'll smack you in the kisser with a rather good ranged flying kick, damage it's not too high but is still very annoying.

On up close, he'll smack you with two quick jabs and a third very slow palm attack that takes forever to hit, so it's easy to interrupt him on his tracks.

At mid range he'll position himself and release his version of the kikoushou for a moderate damage, so try to avoid being in line with him.

Defensively he's rather weak, since, compared with the Tigers, he won't block. He stands up quite fast so he can be re-grabbed and overwhelmed, but mind yourself as sometimes he could try to outmatch you with his double jabs.

Galvice.

This unique ghetto character was created by the Bombergames team... combining the annoyance of both a Galsia-3 and a Vice (lol, the name). While they have properties of both enemies, Galvice has also some tricks on his own.

The traits of Vice are more dominant on him: has the same 2-frame jab jab, slow left straight combo, the same slow straight when you're turning his back to him (Galvice does this more often), his grab properties (front grab will do the headbutt flurry while grabbing you from behind will just hold you), even the same stand up time, which is lot slower than a Galsia-2.

However, he's a lot faster than both Galsia-3 and Vice and tends to run in circles to you a lot quicker, as quick as Cody. He's also not exactly offensive so sometimes he'll wait around and take his time to suddenly sprint out and run to grab you, jab jab you, sucker smack you with his slow straight or do his ghetto fabulous double pawnch!

Galvice's unique attack consist in holding back a bit, as in changing momentum and then, with all the power of the universe within and a fearsome war cry (NYAH~!), unleash a devastating double punch, with shadow trail and all and a bone shattering sound effect. Actually, the damage is not that great and could be stopped on his tracks with a well placed, long reach jab.

Overall, it's still a rather low level mook with few tricks in and there, but still far from the elite low level mooks, like Garcia or Slum. Oh yeah, leaving his with his default palette and settings on SORmaker will allow him to drop and extra life whenever he dies.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm so glad you decided to finish that work. I can't help a lot but can't wait to read your analysis people!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Appreciate the encouragement. Let's keep working.

Trucker.

Another original character from Bombergames. Initially an edited Galsia-2 with nothing really outstanding in v4, heavily redesigned, improved and more dangerous than ever.

He's sub-boss material, even a stage 2 or 3 boss level with the right mooks coming with him. Has some good properties, like frame invincibility during stand up and runs like hell while doing so, so it's hard to catch up with him. He rarely counter attacks using this property, though, mostly run away immediately.

His standard attacks are: a flurry of endless jabs, a powerful haymaker and a nasty and super quick front kick (horribly animated, if you ask me, but I digress).

He's a coward son of a bitch, so he rarely will attack you up front, and when he does it, will do it with the jab flurry. You better stop him with any special cuz he'll keep doing it indefinitely until you drop dead. As the pussy drip he is, he'll wait until you have your back turned to him, run like the devil and hit you so hard with his haymaker, your 8-bit ancestors will feel the pain... well, not exactly super damaging, but it's pretty annoying.

Oh, do not try to run and grab him cuz he'll stop you on your tracks with his uglykick. It's fast, it's damaging and it's annoying. In fact, the best way to beat him is to wait until he goes into his offensive stance (always facing him) and beat him before he does his jab flurry with a rush combo (taken your character has decent to good reach, of course).

He can be equipped with two weapons: A steel pipe and a unique weapon for him: a beer bottle!

His steel pipe game is not as good as his bare handed skills or his bottle (read ahead). His swing is slow... maybe one frame faster than Donnie-2, but still highly telegraphed, easy to avoid. However, don't take him as a pansy since his uglykick is still game, and no doubt he'll uglykick you more often than swinging that pipe. Be warned.

And the crown of the most annoying weapon ever created in v5: THE DAMN BEER BOTTLE! Why is so annoying, you ask? Because it simply regenerates this hick! He'll immediately chug down unlimited amounts of whatever bilge is in the bottle (I'm sure many of you would wish this kind of endless booze would exist), healing the amount of lost health you've dealt to him. Fortunately he'll regen only the current bar he is, so if he had 3 full bars and you happened to down him bar and half, he'll only heal the 2nd bar available, so no, no full health, thank God. With his invincibility on wake up, his ability to run faster than the fart of a curry lover, he'll position himself 3/4 from you and start chugging off. He's vulnerable while drinking so hurry up and act fast, or else he'll welcome you immediately with his one-frame uglykick... and he'll no doubt keep using it if he's full health, so he's still dangerous.
Oh yeah, stay very far from him and he'll throw his miraculous bottle at you. I'm rather sure you'd like him to do so, but get ready to dodge it, he throws it rather fast.

Yes, the overview of him is long as he's a very complete enemy character and dangerous on his own level of sub-boss. Never underestimate him but neither give him too much credit either. He's as tough as a high sub-boss can be.

Oh yeah, he'll always drop a Coke if he's on his default palette. Not too much for the troubles, but hey, free health!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Waruiva Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:08 pm

I like the description for Abadede, especially the part where it talks about his defense special. The Ultimate Enemy Encyclopedia (W.I.P.) BwdLK1a
Waruiva
Waruiva
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:04 pm

You know, I'd be glad to help with this and help finish it.

Vehelits

Very simple, yet very annoying as well. He plays as one of those bosses you'd see on a Genesis or a SNES game with stretched-out necks or arms made of different sprites.

This weird demon robot has one attack- moving into the player to damage them. Yep. It also has a deceivingly large hitbox, so don't let the location and shadow fool you.
Vehelits also moves at whatever speed it wishes. It could fly across the stage, or move a few centimeters from its last spot it was.
More importantly, it has gets invincibility frames every time it gets damaged. Kinda like Jet, but never on the ground. It also can't be grabbed.
Don't use your Police on Vehelits! (if the level supports it) Just like Jet when airborne, your police will do very little damage to Vehelits because of the accursed invincibility frames.
The main strength of this sub-boss is having to fight it with other enemies in the level. Being distracted with mooks means Vehelits will swoop down and slam his face into you. If you're distracted taking down Vehelits, the mooks will catch you off guard, knock you down, or assist Vehelits into attacking you.
The best way to deal with Vehelits is a defensive special, which is easily the strongest attack against it. Unload your strongest one-hit attack on it. This strategy works really well with characters like Max, but multi-hit characters, especially Zan and SOR2 Skate, will suffer.

Bongo-3

"Nobody told me fat people could breathe fire!"

Bongo-3 is what I like to consider a very offensive enemy, always finding ways to get closer to the player. He's also very attention seeking, so try eliminating him first.
First off, he's fat. Thank god that in v5.1, Shiva was given the ability to throw obese enemies, but be careful if the character you pick can't throw fat men, such as Blaze.
Second off, his attacks. His first attack consists of a three-slap combo. It's two-frame, then one frame, then a very short delay before his final two-frame slap. Use a defensive special immediately if he gets you in his combo.
Third off, he gets a rolling attack that does moderate damage, but dodge away from it and he gets dizzy from rolling, which will stun him. Grapple characters will enjoy this stun time.
Speaking of grapple characters, this guy takes a long time to get up (it's not ridiculous like Nora or Electra-3) and has no invincibility frames when he gets up, unlike Electra-2, so characters like Max can make short work of Bongo-3 quickly.
His last attack is used if he's away from you in a diagonal direction, he will breathe fire with a deceivingly large hitbox but moderate damage.
In groups, he'll use the fire attack more often.
If he or any of his friends knock you down, he'll laugh, just like Mr. X, or Robot X. Take advantage of this and show him never to be cocky again! No mercy!

Donovan-3

Very simple, just like Galsia-3, again with the two-frame punches, but now with an uppercut.

Just like Galsia-3, Donnie-3 has two-frame jabs, however, after two jabs, he will uppercut. The jabs do almost no damage, but his bread-n'-butter uppercut hits fairly hard. It also has anti-air properties.

Donnie-3 can use the following items: a pipe and both a wooden and a metal bat.

Donnie-3 functions the same regardless of the weapon. but he will try to keep enough distance, and then
BONK! You just got whacked by one of the fastest weapon attacks in the game!
Donnie-3's pipe smack is extremely fast and very unpredictable, though he loves to get you from behind, especially in a crowd. Disarming him is top priority!
Unlike Donnie-2, by default, Donnie-3 can pick up a weapon if he drops it. Throw the pipe/bat immediately once Donnie's on the ground, regardless if he's still active or defeated.
Modder's note: Donnie-3 can't use the bat normally through the weapon setup in SorMaker, make him crouch next to the bat/renamed pipe to make him pick it up.

EDIT: moved from Darsh's guide to this guide

KFCutman wrote:Galsia (SOR2)

SOR2 Galsia is an extremely simple enemy and can be used easily almost anywhere.
His only attack is a very weak and slow punch that does not do much damage and cannot knockdown.
(Credit to Don Vecta) However, this attack is extremely fast, and this enemy can use it whenever he feels like it, especially to break combos.
When holding a knife, he will move in a diagonal direction and move forward if colliding with a wall. Touching the player will deal damage. He can’t pick up his knife if he drops it.
In a group, they are extremely strong if one of them gets a hit, because none of the attacks can knockdown, and you’ll see yourself with very little windows to use a special and knock all of them down.
Priority: Very low (unarmed), relatively low (knife)

Donovan (SOR2)

Galsia’s shirtless cousin, this guy also has an uppercut.
He has an attack consisting of two Galsia-2 punches. and one uppercut, the uppercut can knockdown, take note of that when fighting multiple enemies.
With a pipe, he has a moderately strong attack, but it’s so slow, it mostly gets countered before and after the attack. He also can’t grab his pipe when it’s on the ground.
His uppercut can be performed early as an anti-air move.
In a group, it’s not as threatening as Galsia-2 if you're in there long enough, but it's still very painful due to the very fast punches.
Priority: Very low (unarmed), Relatively low (pipe)

Garnet/Soozie

Though extremely simple, her attacks can be troublesome news, especially on maps with holes. Do note that she will always jump away after doing her attacks, except the jump kick.
She has four attacks.
The first one is a double slap that is slow, like Donovan’s pipe attack, but hits really hard.
Her second attack is a flurry of slaps, which does more damage the more you get hit, but beware if you used your special recently, or you’ll take a lot of damage
Her third is a quick slap that knocks down.
Her fourth and most powerful is a jump kick. If you see her walk in place, she’s likely going to jumpkick your face in if you’re not prepared. It does a LOT of damage, trust me.
On a side note, with maps that have holes, if you don’t know what you’re doing, prepare to have your lives counter smashed in the balls countlessly from above, because the high damage of the jumpkick and the falling in holes damage will seriously hurt you. Quickrolling can help, but beware in narrow areas the absurd kick hitbox. Sure, Garnet will likely end up in the hole with you as well, but if you get quickslapped while next to the hole, welp, you know what’s going to happen. I’ve lost enough lives to know.
Priority: Somewhat Threatening, Greatest Threat (on maps with holes)

Yasha/Onihime (SOR1)

For some reason, setting the name to the default (Onihime) will make your life living hell.
(Credit to Don Vecta) Set it to Yasha and prepare to start dodging spammable jumpkicks.
Setting the name to something else? You’ve got a common mook. I'll use Hibana as a general reference name.

What all three have is a simple four-hit combo, with knockdown. They both also have a jumpkick, which hurts. This is all that Hibana gets.
(Credit to Don Vecta) Yasha's jumpkick is used much more often than Onihime and Hibana's kick. Doesn't sound like much, but it gets annoying fast and is very spammable.
What Onihime has, however, is a grab, then a suplex, that does damage similar to falling in a hole. The worst part about Onihime is her damned throw. If you don’t recover from that, that’s the STRONGEST ENEMY ATTACK IN THE GAME. It does about half an entire health bar of damage. Yeah.  She also has a spinning jump that doesn’t do much other than set up for her suplex.
(Credit to Don Vecta) Hibana's AI immediately becomes Yasha's spammable AI if Hibana is the only alive enemy. Take note of that in small groups.
Priority: Somewhat Threatening (Hibana), Threatening (Yasha), Great Threat (Onihime)

Yamato

Throw him randomly as a regular spawn? More annoying than hard.
Set him as boss intro 2? Good luck, you’ll need it.

Form 1 (regular spawn, boss intro 1) isn’t that hard, to be honest. It’s mainly his damned shurikens that are the problem, they do so much damage, and don’t cause knockdown, but can be attacked. Form 1 can also teleport near the player and do a weak sword attack. Get close, and he’ll move back (get away), and then dash and slice. When he’s near the edge, and the player is close, he’ll jump to the other side. He can also jump and throw three powerful shurikens. Knocking him down makes him move back, but as long as he’s not off-screen, Max makes Yamato look like a joke.
(Credit to Don Vecta) Yamato-1 also has an attack where he splits in two and both will dash slash at the other side, then become one at the center of the stage.
Killing a Form 1 will cause it to fade away.
Form 2 (boss intro 2) gives Yamato all of form 1’s properties and attacks, but a few new attacks. Yamato will jump around when doing his shuriken attack. He also has a charging attack that isn’t that powerful, and always moves diagonally. He also can become invisible and throw shurikens, that knockdown this time, but Yamato is invincible during this time.
(Credit to Don Vecta) Modder's note: During Yamato's invisible attack, if the stage has some sort of footprints (such as water, sand, snow, etc.), Yamato can be tracked down by the footprints.
Killing a Form 2 will make him do a special animation, which will destroy every item onscreen, then explode.
Fun fact: The items exploding can damage players and surviving enemies.

Cody

It’s Donovan, except he’s white and is cosplaying as his favorite video game character, Cody Travers, from Final Fight.

Otherwise, it’s just SOR3 Donovan, without the ability to pick up bats/pipes
Killing one with the default palette and the item setting set to auto or drop item will make it drop a 1-UP.
I usually make them spawn in secret areas, or with 9 bars of HP during a boss fight to reward players who can successfully kill Cody in time. Otherwise, just change the palette and you’ve got a mook.

Antonio

Also known as one of the most annoying bosses in the game, but not hard by any means.
Antonio has a measly two attacks. The first is his boomerang, which is really easy to dodge, does little damage, and can be attacked. His other is a front kick, which is only done if you get too close or as an anti-air attack. Beware the absurd hitbox. However, the front kick doesn’t do a lot of damage at all, it's just annoying.
He's a pretty good boss, though, and I like to use him as some sort of miniboss, almost like Andore from Final Fight.
Priority: Threatening

Bongo (SOR1)

“You disgust me, fat man.”
Spy – 2007

If you’re a fast character like Rudra or Skate, or a character who can throw fat people, trust me, he’s not hard.
He has two attacks. His first is like SOR2 Galsia’s knife attack, but moving diagonally, and breathing fire with an absurdly large hitbox. His other attack is a jumpslam with pitiful range, but deals an unreal amount of damage. When he breathes fire, get behind him, and grab him, then dodge his slams, and grab him (or do an attack if you can’t throw people)

Abadede
• Ridiculously OP. Nuff said.

“Burn in hell, you mumbling abomination!”
Spy - 2007

This guy is easily the strongest member of the Syndicate by a landslide. He has some of the strongest attacks in the game (Strongest attack is Onihime’s throw)
First, his damn charge. The first hit is light, but the second is PAIN. Jumping could resolve the problem, if he didn’t travel at the speed of SANIC. Second, his threehitter. The first two don’t hurt, but his chop is the real terror. Third, his jump, which is the second strongest enemy attack in the entire game, and DOESN’T KNOCKDOWN, which sets you up for his suplex, which hits so hard, you’ll be in shambles after that combo. Or, he’ll throw you, which is weak and easy to recover from. He might even beat you with a spoon, but that’s extremely rare for him to do, and I have no idea how strong it is or how long he will do it.
Unless you’re Max, good luck hitting him. He has a defensive special, similar to yours, except he becomes invincible, and it does metric tons of damage. Yikes.
For usage, he could easily be the final boss.
Priority: Greatest Threat x 9001

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Great enyiclopedia, but i wonder: this will be finished, also Shiva3, Mona & Lisa [ SOR3 Yasha/Onihime ] Robot X, Neo X and Rudra will be added?

Anyway, good luck with this! Wink
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  BareKnuckleRoo2 Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:05 am

Fun tidbit of info to add here - the enemies that appear during the final boss fight against Mr. X are actually 'summoned' by him like an attack (that has no animation). If he's staggered immediately when the fight starts and kept staggered, he can't summon any enemies to help him, and as long as you keep hitting him with no delay, none of the Galsias or Donovans will appear. The same applies midfight; if you kill off the other enemies while Mr. X is held or staggered, they can't respawn since they're 'summoned' by Mr. X when he is able to walk around.

Example video here (near his last lifebar I mess up the timing with the hits and wait too long between one of the hits, long enough for him to quickly summon his minions):

BareKnuckleRoo2
BareKnuckleRoo2
Galsia

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Fri May 04, 2018 6:58 pm

When is there going to be a descriptive for all the other remaining enemies?
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:17 am

This encyclopedia is awesome! May be you should add that the Donovan can't uppercut when they hold weapon, even if it is obvious for many people, not for me pirat
Hope to read the following one day.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 am

I like the idea of an Enemy Encyclopedia. Perhaps it could become a Bestiary of sorts, like early Final Fantasy titles had, with pictures, stats and a description. It's a lot of text otherwise.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:20 pm

who knows where the enemy inspiration cames from.. final fight some for sure, but the others...?

i noticed watching a super good movie from his time, "tango & cash", that clearly shiva came from an enemy the boss has in their mansion in the end. even he fight with the same style as shiva, performing a similar kick breaking a cristal table.

mrx was based in part from the padrino, and scarface, etc.

ps:
----
keep in mind that movies are a big inspiration for sor programmers at sega.

the other day i saw conan the destroyer, and i easily recognise some, as the african tribal dancers who kidnaped his wizard friend at the first movie, or trix, totaly similar to the thief who used knives in the movie, gracie jones was the black large female stick enemy, etc. hehe

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  SORMAKER Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Garnet/Soozie can slap my face any day. Embarassed

SORMAKER

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Thu May 02, 2019 12:31 pm

SOR2 Jet and Abadede have wake-up invincibility just like Barbon, Jack, Trucker, Bear etc. Also, the trucker guy's invincibility is a one-framed, exactly like Antonio. There's at least some missing details
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down