SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap Enemy Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Cheap Enemy Discussion Empty Cheap Enemy Discussion

Post  KFCutman Tue May 24, 2016 10:48 pm

I feel like dying now for accidentally posting this thread in the Spanish section. I feel like the most illiterate person now.

Well, I'd like to celebrate my return from my "hiatus" by making a thread full of bullshit you see in enemies.

Let me set a few ground rules:

1. Must be from any beat-em-up, except poorly made fangames (e.g things you'd see on newgrounds)
Even if the game is a flash game of all things, if the game is good, feel free to discuss an enemy you see in it.
Examples of this include Hong Kong Ninja, various BoR mods, etc.

2. Feel right at home to discuss an annoying Streets of Rage Remake enemy.
Though I do get a little bit crabby if I see most the posts are about Abadede or some other cheap boss.

3. Again, beat-em-ups only. Nice try, Lakitu.

I'll start discussing a gripe I've had with a certain enemy.
[no image at the moment, could someone do me a favor and find one?]
I hate this shotgunning bastard from Vendetta. Enemies in Vendetta don't have a name, so I'll just name this guy "Kevin Krusher".

Reasons to hate this enemy:

Annoying pseudo-infinite range shot gun that chips a third of your health away.
Note: He can also take away another third if you're on the floor by aiming to the ground and shooting.

Kevin can also shoot you while HE'S on the ground, and then shoot you again while YOU'RE on the ground.
In other words, that's equivalent to Onihime's Judo Slam, or Abadede's damn slam.

You WILL lose your pockets of quarters if there's more than one Kevin on screen, or if there's one of those accursed rabies dog.
Reasons why this enemy isn't so bad:

Kevin drops a Shotgun. This is one of the most powerful weapons in the game, OHKOing most enemies.

If you can keep grabbing him and kicking him in the nuts, he'll never fall down, providing less opportunities to shotgun your nuts off.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Cheap Enemy Discussion Empty Re: Cheap Enemy Discussion

Post  Saven Tue May 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Congratulations on your return.

Anyways, back on topic:
Cheap Enemy Discussion 2765024-1273524884-origi
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Tue May 24, 2016 11:24 pm

While on the subject of bullshit enemy placement, let's look at stage 15 hallway.

In other words, the room with the medusa heads and the axe-throwing knights.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 26, 2016 3:33 pm

KFCutman wrote:
I hate this shotgunning bastard from Vendetta. Enemies in Vendetta don't have a name, so I'll just name this guy "Kevin Krusher".
 Heh, I liked this name... I'd use this alias in the Vendetta mod I'm doing (I just named him "Shotgun", but it's a quite bland name).

Well, actually Vendetta is not a dramatically tough game, but some of the enemies in there are incredibly tough... Vendetta is not the game you'd be swarmed like crazy, its difficulty relies that the punks are not pushovers... from the normal redhaired mooks to the bosses.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri May 27, 2016 1:53 am

Don Vecta wrote:
KFCutman wrote:
 Heh, I liked this name... I'd use this alias in the Vendetta mod I'm doing (I just named him "Shotgun", but it's a quite bland name).

Well, actually Vendetta is not a dramatically tough game, but some of the enemies in there are incredibly tough... Vendetta is not the game you'd be swarmed like crazy, its difficulty relies that the punks are not pushovers... from the normal redhaired mooks to the bosses.
Vendetta I notice doesn't have any jumping. I kind of wonder what the thought process behind it was, it's not bad nor good but interesting to think about. Not to go off topic LOL.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri May 27, 2016 6:03 am

Well, it wasn't an issue for me... I mean, really, in a street fight you won't go hopping all the way around, right? Razz

I liked the pouncing/leaping/charging attacks instead. Razz

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down