SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition

+17
Anna Angela
Kimono
BareKnuckleRoo2
Tarma
scalliano
Security
oracle
JoyJoyfulRabbit
iceweb38
BigDarsh
justjamie
celestinx
bazzza
William Assunção
KFCutman
Chan
Don Vecta
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:52 am

Whoo Icey joined in on the fun, too. Very Happy
Glad you could enjoy all the little touches. X's lover was something I couldn't wait to make a reference to.

Anyways, to address the question...
50Hz music choice was due to the loops being less than 30 seconds (objective side), and generally sounding like they were on crack (subjective side).
Also, I am English, so I grew up with 50Hz (the Hardcore Route of the SoR3 mod will use our multi-tempo 50Hz renditions that I grew up with, just letting you know ahead of time - yes multi-tempo).
I put in the 60Hz SMS Factory theme for use in the Battle route during part of the Mania section. You can at least always change the setting to that for the GG factory.

iceweb38 wrote:Bug: In the GG boat stage, you let the police enabled.
Actually, since the GG version has screen clears, there's a scene in every stage except for Stage 6, where you can use police calls.
It's a feature of the mod! Razz

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition

Post  iceweb38 Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:26 am

I get your point about the 50Hz OST.
Ha so the police thing was a feature! I was so sure you were intending to stay true to SOR2 that you'd disable the police everywhere. But then I completely forgot about the screen clears thing in the GG version Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:28 am

It's the first scene in every stage except for the ship, where it's enabled once you get outside (then disabled for Bea- I mean... Rocky). Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:39 pm

CajNatalie wrote:It's the first scene in every stage except for the ship, where it's enabled once you get outside (then disabled for Bea- I mean... Rocky). Wink

screen clear? you mean this?

JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Skate's one is freaking awesome hilarious. XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:13 am

Since everyone is done uploading their Longplays of this mod and no one even touched this mode,I decided it's the right time.So here is a complete run of the Hardcore Battle Mode Solo on Mania,if you have plans to try this route,make sure you call the ambulance first XD
Chan
Chan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:18 pm

I got a chance to play this mod, I really enjoyed it, I love the way it all fits together, It's a playable museum piece.

The GG and SMS routes are interesting. I will edit this for personal use by mixing in the new levels with the MD version for my next play. I really liked the way you mixed elements for the hardcore mode, such as the the last part of the alien area. Nice touch, I like to see things like that. I hope to see more of such things in the SOR3 and i already know that you won't disappoint. I assume you will add the hidden areas and levels in to the so3 version as part of the main route?

With your Sor1 mod, i added the beta stage that was in a magazine but never in the final game into stage two. (The nipper scene - with updates graphics to match the art style) The full experience includes the lost beta stuff. Hey, we all have our own obsessions and mine is to have everything that was in sor as well as what was planned but didn't make the final cut...

Caj thank you for the time you have put into this, I cannot image any sor fan being disappointed, I was shocked that ICE didn't try the old sor remakes you made, but, he must be happy that he waited, as these really are the definitive versions. I cannot praise this mod enough. I friggin love it. bounce I love you Thumbs up
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:22 pm

celestinx wrote:I got a chance to play this mod, I really enjoyed it, I love the way it all fits together, It's a playable museum piece.

The GG and SMS routes are interesting. I will edit this for personal use by mixing in the new levels with the MD version for my next play. I really liked the way you mixed elements for the hardcore mode, such as the the last part of the alien area. Nice touch, I like to see things like that. I hope to see more of such things in the SOR3 and i already know that you won't disappoint. I assume you will add the hidden areas and levels in to the so3 version as part of the main route?

With your Sor1 mod, i added the beta stage that was in a magazine but never in the final game into stage two. (The nipper scene - with updates graphics to match the art style) The full experience includes the lost beta stuff. Hey, we all have our own obsessions and mine is to have everything that was in sor as well as what was planned but didn't make the final cut...  

Caj thank you for the time you have put into this, I cannot image any sor fan being disappointed, I was shocked that ICE didn't try the old sor remakes you made, but, he must be happy that he waited, as these really are the definitive versions. I cannot praise this mod enough. I friggin love it. bounce I love you Thumbs up

Show me 2 beta stages!!! Shocked
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:49 am

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:
celestinx wrote:
With your Sor1 mod, i added the beta stage that was in a magazine but never in the final game into stage two. (The nipper scene - with updates graphics to match the art style)

I think you misunderstood, there is only one stage that i know of, but it fits into the stage 2 Dilapidated Town zone.

I cant remember where i got it from now, but, i think you had something to do with some of the original art work...

This one:

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition - Page 2 Beta11
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:23 am

celestinx wrote:
JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:
celestinx wrote:
With your Sor1 mod, i added the beta stage that was in a magazine but never in the final game into stage two. (The nipper scene - with updates graphics to match the art style)

I think you misunderstood, there is only one stage that i know of, but it fits into the stage 2 Dilapidated Town zone.

I cant remember where i got it from now, but, i think you had something to do with some of the original art work...

This one:

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition - Page 2 Beta11

... That's my back alley stage with someone edited the floor...

And I am still making dock stage and hockey boss Sprite for boss fight...

Are you really sure you don't know who made that stage...? ._.
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:09 pm

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:
celestinx wrote:
... That's my back alley stage with someone edited the floor...
And I am still making dock stage and hockey boss Sprite for boss fight...
Are you really sure you don't know who made that stage...? ._.

In my above comment i thought it was your background, i was right, it is in the http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t61-sormaker-resource-gathering-and-requests-image-intense thread
Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition - Page 2 BackVally

I just changed a few things for personal use, I am not planning to release it.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Love the custom Blaze outfit from the video Razz
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:54 pm

What a great mod! Congratulations! And, thank you!

I have one question only; what is the fourth route? The one reminding of a survival big battle? Also, why am i prompted to join it, half way the mega drive or master system route?
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Security wrote:What a great mod! Congratulations! And, thank you!

I have one question only; what is the fourth route? The one reminding of a survival big battle? Also, why am i prompted to join it, half way the mega drive or master system route?
There are more than four paths, at times.
The fourth is Battle for Survival, yes, but the 'Insanity' stuff is just bonus content, of which there is more to be found elsewhere in the mod if you look. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:36 pm

I am not sure if this just happening to me, but I was playing this the other day on the battle route 4th one. Well something really weird was going on food being dropped by enemies was disappearing, it was not get picked up by the enemies themselves it was just vanishing. It was getting very annoying, like I said it might be a isolated case.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:31 pm

bazzza wrote:I am not sure if this just happening to me, but I was playing this the other day on the battle route 4th one. Well something really weird was going on food being dropped by enemies was disappearing, it was not get picked up by the enemies themselves it was just vanishing. It was getting very annoying, like I said it might be a isolated case.
10 item limit.
If enemies can't pick up weapons and you're not trying to get weapons off the floor, food will not appear.

Make sure enemies searching for weapons is set to "3" or grab the weapons yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:03 pm

CajNatalie wrote:
bazzza wrote:I am not sure if this just happening to me, but I was playing this the other day on the battle route 4th one. Well something really weird was going on food being dropped by enemies was disappearing, it was not get picked up by the enemies themselves it was just vanishing. It was getting very annoying, like I said it might be a isolated case.
10 item limit.
If enemies can't pick up weapons and you're not trying to get weapons off the floor, food will not appear.

Make sure enemies searching for weapons is set to "3" or grab the weapons yourself.

Shit I forgot about the 10 item limit, I am a idiot Facepalm with a Desk thank you for the reminder Caj.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Just blasted through this and once again, sterling job!

One question about the BGM though - how the hell did you do the 8-bit/16bit mashups in the SMS route? From what I can hear, they're more than simply one matched up with the other.
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:33 pm

scalliano wrote:Just blasted through this and once again, sterling job!

One question about the BGM though - how the hell did you do the 8-bit/16bit mashups in the SMS route? From what I can hear, they're more than simply one matched up with the other.
Remove PSG layer from 16 bit
Adjust tempo of 8-bit to match the 16-bit at 60Hz; preserve pitch
Remove sections from 16-bit that don't have an 8-bit counterpart
????
PROFIT

The 8+16 mashup of Never Return Alive was all just the result of experimentation, which somehow sounded so awesome I had to mash others, using the same process, and sprinkle them around in some of Battle and Insanity. ;P

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Yes! I KNEW there were channels missing from the MD tracks. I must admit, you had me at first - I genuinely thought that it was some sort of trickery involving the MS converter until I did some researrch and listened to them again.

How apt that an SoR compiation would invovle a bit of DJing in the soundtrack. Like I said, sterling work!
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Street of Rage 2 is great, this mod is great! Smile

I finished it (Normal difficulty) et and it is huge, it is awesome. Congratulations!
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:00 am

Here is my mania playthrough. I also spoil the identity of Mr.X's GF! What a Face

As usual, no continues spent. But this time, i use team support! Basketball
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  BareKnuckleRoo2 Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:12 am

Fantastic mod, no question about it, not enough good things to say about it aside from one flaw.

Literally my only complaint is the slowed down music, but it is a significant complaint, and one that intensely disappointed me. I understand you saying it is a stylistic design change, however I played the heck out of the Game Gear port in my youth and was used to the original uptempo 8-bit versions, and these just feel frustratingly slow. Also, I strongly suspect the reason for the uptempo vs the 16 bit originals was a stylistic choice due to the relatively low number of sound channels. At a higher tempo, you could make stuff sound more deep and melodic with rapid notes. Dreamer is a great example of this; the percussion on the original track can't be replicated on the Game Gear's soundtrack so instead the rapid melody instead served to take its place during the high sustained note. At a 50 hz speed however, each individual note is much more distinct and thus the music has a more plodding, tinny pace to it. In fact, the songs are at a slower tempo than even the Genesis versions, which further adds to the music sounding "off".

Yuzo Koshiro knew what he was doing when he was composing the 8-bit versions. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Aside from the 8-bit tracks (which is addressable when I get the chance to replace the music files), this is an exceptional mod. Well done.
BareKnuckleRoo2
BareKnuckleRoo2
Galsia

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Once an updated re-upload is done, there'll be a speed-switcher for the 8-bit tracks (don't know why I didn't do that in the first place), along with a few minor tweaks (recovery from falling off the train is something I should've done, for example) and a palette rejigger so people can "forget" to switch palette packs between the trilogy mods with minimal issues.

And by the way, both 50 and 60 versions of the 8-bit-only Factory theme were included. Once of them was for the Predator/VHBoss in the Battle route. The speed-switcher will just swap them so the Battle route gets the 50 version.

When's the update? When SoR1 Collection for V5 Vecta Edition is complete.

I needed that response on the 50-version choice, BKRoo, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:41 pm

@CajNathalie: Hi, I don't if you're interessed in but I'm making complete Tracker character (the Predator-like boss that replace Vehelits in the Game Gear version). Here's a wip:
Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition - Page 2 2zyy2qb

Keep up the good job on these SOR routes Wink

Last edited by Kimono on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next