SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition

+17
Anna Angela
Kimono
BareKnuckleRoo2
Tarma
scalliano
Security
oracle
JoyJoyfulRabbit
iceweb38
BigDarsh
justjamie
celestinx
bazzza
William Assunção
KFCutman
Chan
Don Vecta
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition Empty Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition

Post  Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Deleted

Last edited by CajNatalie on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:23 am; edited 16 times in total

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition Empty Re: Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition

Post  Don Vecta Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Very Happy

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition Empty Re: Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition

Post  Chan Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:19 pm

And it's finally here..a sequel to SOR1 Mod Anthology.This mod promises a lot of re-playability and is a professional treat for those who are hardcore fans of the 2nd installment,plus it includes easter eggs and remade paths that are not part of the original ports that takes this mod to another level.Make sure u don't miss it,grab it now.
Chan
Chan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Chan1522 wrote:And it's finally here..a sequel to SOR1 Mod Anthology.This mod promises a lot of re-playability and is a professional treat for those who are hardcore fans of the 2nd installment,plus it includes easter eggs and remade paths that are not part of the original ports that takes this mod to another level.Make sure u don't miss it,grab it now.
Am I supposed to pay you for that advertisement or something? Razz

Lol

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:44 pm

As mentioned already...

SOR2 GG and SMS on SORMaker?

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Yes! finally this masterpiece was released!

Personally i think this mod is better than SOR1 Collection, don't get me wrong, the SOR1 Collection was amazing too, but this one it's way better imo.

The SMS and GG routes are so fucking beautiful and amazing [ i always wanted to play the GG and SMS mods of SOR 2, now this becames a reality! ], now they are my personal favorite route I love you

btw: "I wasn't included in the 8-bit ports, so screw them !"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, poor Max Laughing

@Chan1522: good advertisement XD

Last edited by William Assunção on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Thank you thank you for this Caj Very Happy Very Happy Cool , I will try this out tomorrow. Also alternative download link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/0B1w4zMvi1BBkUk9EcnRKbW1wMFk
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Cool, thanks for this, this is fantastic, however, I am a little bit disappointed...

That i cannot play this until the 8th of December. Crying or Very sad
Heh, Razz Razz I'm looking forward to it tho and am downloading...
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Great! Downloading... Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:44 pm

I have to say this I love you for this MOD. This is great, everything from the presentation, to the reworked SMS and Game Gear Routes and the awesome battle mode this is a outstanding tribute to my favorite iteration in the series thank you thank you.

Here is a video of me playing the SMS route on Mania not a bad for me, considering I am not a great player at this game.

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:54 am

A video of an 8-bit route, but without the palettes?
Damn. =/

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:12 pm

CajNatalie wrote:A video of an 8-bit route, but without the palettes?
Damn. =/

Umm yeah Embarassed I forgot to check the folder for the palletts and for the sound effects as well.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition Empty cant move in stage 1 on sega megadrive route

Post  justjamie Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:14 pm

I cant move in stage 1 on sega megadrive route! Can you fix it? Thanks! Sad

justjamie
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:18 pm

justjamie wrote:I cant move in stage 1 on sega megadrive route! Can you fix it? Thanks! Sad
This only works in v5.1
Please don't play this mod on an outdated version of SoRR

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Right this time I am using the provided Pallets and sound effects. This time I have taking the Game Gear Route

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 am

You still play boring, but you're decent.
And you're honest. Thank you.

Anyway, I found something funny.
Spoiler:
Notice it says MANIA at the start, and it's clearly not Mania placement nor AI?
I don't want my mod used to help someone's lies and deceit.

Confirmed he's playing on Normal from the health values.
This is the power of health scaling. I can nail exactly what difficulty someone's really playing at just from seeing them in a scene.

What exactly is the point of lying about that anyway?
We love Normal Mode Guy (davpreec); he was even still cool when he played Easy.
He's honest about the level he plays at.
Why does someone really need to pretend they're playing Mania?

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:33 am

For the same reason people do TAS Runs on CPS games I love and pretend they didn't, because they think people like you and me Caj do not exist. No, because they know people like us are so fucking rare that they can rise their fame by lying to the audience and because they put on their shoulder a burden that doesn't exist: this is called, social pressure.

It's sad, but that's youtube rule. When I go to tournament offline, there are always some cabinet with C&D or Final Fight with freeplay setting. The youtube social pressure disappears, and everyone enjoying it.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Excuse me, excuse me... need to put this.

Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition 51tRWnRdO-L._SY355_
Streets of Rage 2 Collection for V5: Unified Edition Tumblr_lo22o4h4Mx1qam8qjo1_r1_500

Don't mind me, fellas, just doing my job here. *clean clean clean*

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:31 pm

CajNatalie wrote:You still play boring, but you're decent.

Spoiler:

This is the power of health scaling. I can nail exactly what difficulty someone's really playing at just from seeing them in a scene.

In what way do I play boring could you please elaborate on that thank you.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:02 pm

It was in the cleaned posts by Vecta, so I'll restate it.
You're very methodical and cautious. This in isolation is good, but in uploading a video to the medium of YouTube, entertainment at least should be an afterthought. Careful methodical gameplay is very hard to enjoy.

A good example of my own is when I've put up footage of myself playing Borderlands 1.
That is a good way to demonstrate 'boring' gameplay.

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:11 pm

CajNatalie wrote:It was in the cleaned posts by Vecta, so I'll restate it.
You're very methodical and cautious. This in isolation is good, but in uploading a video to the medium of YouTube, entertainment at least should be an afterthought. Careful methodical gameplay is very hard to enjoy.

A good example of my own is when I've put up footage of myself playing Borderlands 1.
That is a good way to demonstrate 'boring' gameplay.

Right now I understand, now you mention it yes it is now that I look back on it. Yes it boring,  I guess it is my natural nature coming through, I am very cautious by nature so hard for me to change. So I am sorry for subjecting you to my vids , but thank you taking the time to watch them.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:52 pm

Man you make it look like I'm being so much more negative with that reply though, lol.
Anyone who plays Mania long enough kind'a 'levels up' over time so don't worry about anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:08 am

Bleh, don't think too much, Bazz000rs. Sometimes I exercise lots of caution in my gameplay... especially when I know if I rush down, I'll be swarmed (a-la Final Fight) Razz

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:42 am

CajNatalie wrote:You still play boring, but you're decent.

Spoiler:

Okay, it seems that after all, the guy wasn't faking the video. Seems he had some sort of savegame.sor AIDS. Here's the solution:

http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t84p25-found-a-bug-a-glitch-an-exploit-post-here#10162

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:29 am

So I finally got to play this mod, twice.
Thing is I never played any of the mods you personnaly made before because recreations of the original SOR games are not something I'm looking for.
That is until you announced a remake of both the Game Gear and Master System versions which I always found interesting because they had some uniques features compared to the Megadrive versions.

Graphically, this is a top-notch work, definitely!
I think you said you wanted to rerender the original assets without making things too pretty and I think you did a great job at balancing this!
The assets are now better and almost are on par with the megadrive graphic quality while still having that 8 bit touch. As well as taking care of using the same palettes for the megadrives stages that were edited for the master system/Game gear paths.
Overall you did a great use of many SORmaker features, notably the windows reflections and transparent layers!
Mad props for the menu theme, the Alien Bridge and the Game Gear stage 6 elevator with its shadow effect!

Musicwise, I think the soundtrack choice was fitting for both the Master System and Game Gear paths, though I wonder, what's with the use of 50Hz/slowed down Game Gear OST?
Other than that, I absolutely love the clever mash-ups for the boss themes in the Master System path!
Also there's been a lot of efforts put into the ambient effects!

Ennemywise, I believe you took care of staying true to the original placement in both MS/GG games? Anyway, it was pretty good to me!
The use of Rudra was a good idea as to replace Predator.
Also nice cameo with the Mr.X lover in the GG path which we found out about thanks to Yuzo's sister interview!

All in all, if we except the GG OST which to me sounded slowed down, those are respectful recreations of the subpar MS/GG versions of SOR2. It was about time someone got to do it!

Bug: In the GG boat stage, you let the police enabled.

Admin

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next