SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

+41
Sshadow5001
DarkzKnight
WillyTheSquid
Kane
jpgilyard
Saven
KFCutman
celestinx
nandayo
William Assunção
bareknuckleroo
Break
Kormann
Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
Shyning77
BigDarsh
DarkThief
Rocketeer Raccoon
Don Vecta
Tarma
Crusta
Xillatem
Reinhart
AbolTheRocker
bazzza
scalliano
Feanor
Chan
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Criss
Laucorn
BumbleBee
HeroBorn
iceweb38
realnabarl
Mr.Din
E253MechaShadow
Charco
45 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:06 pm

realnabarl wrote:
130. Added easter egg on Stage 2 Scene 7 (jump the barriers on the top of the train without being hit).
Can't understand this, jump the barriers? What is a barrier? Jump 'onto' or something else? Press jump button? Top of the train? Possibly doing in Stage 2 Scene 7? How to reproduce it? Can't understand these at all, can someone help?

Jump over all of the barriers on top of the train without being hit and you will see an easter egg at the very end of this stage in the subway station Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  realnabarl Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Charco wrote:
realnabarl wrote:
130. Added easter egg on Stage 2 Scene 7 (jump the barriers on the top of the train without being hit).
Can't understand this, jump the barriers? What is a barrier? Jump 'onto' or something else? Press jump button? Top of the train? Possibly doing in Stage 2 Scene 7? How to reproduce it? Can't understand these at all, can someone help?

Jump over all of the barriers on top of the train without being hit and you will see an easter egg at the very end of this stage in the subway station Smile
Thanks for the answer. Well now I know it, those barriers are in scene 5 and the easter egg is in scene 7.

realnabarl
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:47 pm

I understand what was trying to be done with making the jet ski and biker scenes bonus scenes but I think something might've needed to be changed in regards to the morning forest, the skip to docks scene made more sense with the bike scene before it. Couldn't there have been a cutscene or at least maybe a new scene in between when you don't take the bikes? Just feels really off in that regard. The Jet Ski change was a good deal though, I like the souther/zamza combo at the end.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:09 pm

6566328 wrote:Roll is not 100% invincible now,This is boring。I doesn't like this,Because it is too difficult,Roll is very important,If this set roll,Roll will become not to be worth a hair。

Bit of a stupid change tbh, you now have NO defence whatsoever against big hordes that are all around you. (and you can't even bait mobs or dodge half the moves now cos there's someone else at the other end of the roll doing the same damage)

Don Vecta wrote:And fuck me harder! Abadede is tougher as nails again (high boss tough level)! The old tactic of waiting for him to grab him is gone: He'll chew you first and slam the living crap outta you! You need a new technique to beat him!

It's also made Shiva impossible to deal with...you can't grab him anymore unless he's coming out of a move, and he also breaks out half the time, even with no interference from other mobs. (this even happens during Skate's migraine punch, and nothing should be able to break that unless the mob gets hit by a projectile from elsewhere)

I fear this is a game-breaking change that will affect almost every mod, and it's seriously making me consider rolling back to 5.0a.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:25 pm

DarkThief wrote:I fear this is a game-breaking change that will affect almost every mod, and it's seriously making me consider rolling back to 5.0a.

Yeah you can do that if you wish.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:29 pm

6566328 wrote:Roll is not 100% invincible now,This is boring。I doesn't like this,Because it is too difficult,Roll is very important,If this set roll,Roll will become not to be worth a hair。

DarkThief wrote:Bit of a stupid change tbh, you now have NO defence whatsoever against big hordes that are all around you. (and you can't even bait mobs or dodge half the moves now cos there's someone else at the other end of the roll doing the same damage)

This "stupid change" is how it works on the original game. Besides, you still you have invincible frames at the beginning of the move, which SOR3 doesn't have at all.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for changes that make the game harder (it was getting tougher to find mods that could bring my life count closer to x0)...but it's not good design to have that increase all heaped on 1-2 specific bosses. (especially when there are mods that make you face 2-3 of them at once)

But there's clearly no going back due to the new features, I just hope that mod-makers take this change into account and design/update their boss encounters accordingly.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:54 pm

I'd put that down to poor enemy placement in mods, it has nothing to do with improving the AI of some enemies. Shiva in v5.0a was an absolute pushover. Bosses are supposed to be hard. We are just used to v5.0a and ending the game with 13 lives, we have to just relearn and enjoy it.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:36 am

I'm enjoying v5.1! I'm really enjoying the bug fixes, but I have a issue although I'm unsure if this is something that I have to deal with. Every time I played as SOR3 Shiva on v5.0 I would set the Collision Type and Pause and Delay options to SOR3. Yesterday I noticed that when I played as SOR3 Shiva in every single mod that I have, his normal attack combo is slow with more hits as if I didn't set the Collision Type and the Pause and Delay options to SOR3. Has anyone else noticed this as well?
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:52 am

Ermmm just tried Migraine and Max's choke hold and Abadede breaks them with his BREAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! Not happy about that, though. Those moves were supposed to be kinda safe, especially Migraine (Coke Hold is okay cuz anyone else can come and break the spell).

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 am

Don Vecta wrote:Ermmm just tried Migraine and Max's choke hold and Abadede breaks them with his BREAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! Not happy about that, though. Those moves were supposed to be kinda safe, especially Migraine (Coke Hold is okay cuz anyone else can come and break the spell).

That's precisely what happens with Shiva (and presumably anyone else who has a breakout move)...not part of the original game at all.

Edit: confirmed with Rudra, she does it every time. Robot X, Mr. X and Barbon (stage 8 ) don't do it though. (not sure about Bear or Robot Y as they're hard to grab anyway)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:10 pm

DarkThief wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Ermmm just tried Migraine and Max's choke hold and Abadede breaks them with his BREAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! Not happy about that, though. Those moves were supposed to be kinda safe, especially Migraine (Coke Hold is okay cuz anyone else can come and break the spell).

That's precisely what happens with Shiva (and presumably anyone else who has a breakout move)...not part of the original game at all.

Edit: confirmed with Rudra, she does it every time. Robot X, Mr. X and Barbon (stage 8 ) don't do it though. (not sure about Bear or Robot Y as they're hard to grab anyway)
Robot X, Mr.X and Barbon don't break through it. I understand Rudra and Shiva but Abedede is overkill, he already has grab priority and breaks out of combos a lot more often. It's becoming tedious to fight him as opposed to challenging because I have to constantly knock him down.

I'm not a fan of the roll change either mainly because it totally fucks characters like shiva, X, ash etc over because they jump instead of roll.

Outside of these things 5.1 is pretty damn fun, I'm loving the time I'm spending relearning this game and I look forward to updated mods.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BumbleBee Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm glad that AI of some of the bosses was FINALLY tweaked. Shiva, Ash and Yamato(s) are admirable opponents once again (in comparison to their original counterparts, i mean).
BumbleBee
BumbleBee
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:01 pm

I also noticed that the Miscellaneous section that has "Collision Type" and "Pause and Delay" options don't work for mods no matter who you play as! This is the only issue I have with v5.1.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:22 pm

HeroBorn wrote:I also noticed that the Miscellaneous section that has "Collision Type" and "Pause and Delay" options don't work for mods no matter who you play as! This is the only issue I have with v5.1.

Sounds like you have a savegame somewhere other than the savegame folder. Can you check if this is the case? If so, remove the file and only leave the savegame in the savegame folder.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:20 am

BumbleBee wrote:I'm glad that AI of some of the bosses was FINALLY tweaked. Shiva, Ash and Yamato(s) are admirable opponents once again (in comparison to their original counterparts, i mean).

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:28 am

I thank you very much Charco! Very Happy It makes sense why that would affect v5.1.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:37 am

HeroBorn wrote:I thank you very much Charco! Very Happy It makes sense why that would affect v5.1.

Glad it's fixed Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:53 am

So rolling to dodge attacks has been taken away?
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 am

Did you read the bugtrack?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:08 am

Not all the way through the first time I noticed it in this discussion thread. I'm slowly looking now and I haven't spotted it.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:27 am

I see it now.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Not only is the roll, and 2 star or 3 star characters no invincible, therefore, we become more and more weak.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:10 pm

I really like Shiva's police call! Too bad there was no flash effect added to Shiva's Final Crash kick for us to enjoy instead of always watching the A.I. do it.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:34 pm

6566328 wrote:Not only is the roll, and 2 star or 3 star characters no invincible, therefore, we become more and more weak.

.........a lot of them have always been vulnerable (SOR2 and SOR3 Axel especially). I think you are just trying to find things to complain about now.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next