SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

+41
Sshadow5001
DarkzKnight
WillyTheSquid
Kane
jpgilyard
Saven
KFCutman
celestinx
nandayo
William Assunção
bareknuckleroo
Break
Kormann
Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
Shyning77
BigDarsh
DarkThief
Rocketeer Raccoon
Don Vecta
Tarma
Crusta
Xillatem
Reinhart
AbolTheRocker
bazzza
scalliano
Feanor
Chan
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Criss
Laucorn
BumbleBee
HeroBorn
iceweb38
realnabarl
Mr.Din
E253MechaShadow
Charco
45 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  ArcadeTheHedgehog Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 am

Charco wrote:
ArcadeTheHedgehog wrote:
Saven wrote:
ArcadeTheHedgehog wrote:
Shyning77 wrote:
ArcadeTheHedgehog wrote:I would like there to be some Light Saber attack actions.

The lightsaber is a replacement for swords, so... Smile

So..... how's about Shiva do the same attacks he did with the sword but with a lightsaber. also with a game like this to have 12 char it should be on a console for online 4 player action.

Yeah....you are about 5 years late when suggesting ideas for V5.
So....... I'm a bit 2 late but do I have to be the one guy to be giving this Idea to those who made it. It should have come to mind when some creator said to the other Lightsabers

Dude but seeing as I begun the idea it's going to end the idea here.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Charco Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:12 am

ArcadeTheHedgehog wrote:So....... I'm a bit 2 late but do I have to be the one guy to be giving this Idea to those who made it. It should have come to mind when some creator said to the other Lightsabers

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeTheHedgehog Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:14 am

Charco wrote:
ArcadeTheHedgehog wrote:So....... I'm a bit 2 late but do I have to be the one guy to be giving this Idea to those who made it. It should have come to mind when some creator said to the other Lightsabers
I did say that didn't I good times wasn't it? it felt like it happen yesterday...

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Mon May 25, 2015 3:46 am

A bit late to all of this, just updated to 5.1 now. So am I blind, or is there really no way to turn the timer off now? Timers annoy me, and it was really the only "cheat" type thing I used.

Holy crap, Shiva got faster! And then I accidentally bumped the police call button..... WOW!!!
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Discovered by Cm_Blast.

These are numbers to edit breakable items in SORmaker, this time the falling drums and the rolling drums.

The falling drums use the numbers 210* to 213.

For the rolling drums use the numbers 204* to 209.

*If the number 210 o 204 is missing, the game will use the objects by default, this means that even if we have from 205 to 209, the game will keep displaying the original drum cans. It MUST have the initial number to see the whole animation.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:06 pm

This is very cool, I'm sure some inventive things could be done with it Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:55 am

Loving all of the bugfixes in the latest version. There's really no reason not to play anything other than 5.1 now, especially with the added goodies like the AI call ability (which helps when they get confused/stuck) and the ability to change Roll type.

Reading the complaints about how rolling sucks now - change it to SoR3 type. Faster, moves further, very effective. It's one of the few things I liked about SoR3 Genesis over BK3 Genesis (original rolling felt too slow, not far enough).

I've not had enough time to mess around with the new enemy AI, but no matter how bad grabs are, still can't be as bad as Mania's original 5.0 AI where grabbing enemies was ridiculously hard due to how they moved. Mania's also not the primary/default difficulty, it's supposed to be a ridiculous challenge. Wink

My only complaints are minor nitpicks: I want to see B Button type for Star Moves allow for 0-star Blitzes using the Special Combo button. I'd prefer to use the attack button for my current star meter blitz, while still having a button that gives me access for the occasional 0-star blitz (the Special Combo button is really rarely used normally, outside of activating star blitzes in X Button type). In B Button type, pressing the Special Combo button just stops your running and waits for input... something you can easily do by manually stopping your run then pressing the button, so it's redundant/useless functionality. I'd like the same options as X Button type of being able to use either current star blitz or 0-star blitz, just with the buttons swapped so Attack is current star blitz, and pressing Special Combo while running is 0-star.

I'd also like to see the defaults setup to play more like how the game feels designed. Newcomers are probably going to feel overwhelmed by the choices given in the options, and some of the options really don't work well when you try and move on to the higher difficulty modes, Pause Delay and SoR3 Exceptions in particular. Pause Delay for SoR2 characters is way too slow if you want to tackle Very Hard/Mania, especially considering how crazy the enemy AI is (SoR2 Combo Type also makes it too hard to move after jabbing). SoR3 Exceptions really should default to No, as the ability to run diagonally is fundamentally crucial in getting grabs in on fast enemies, not to mention it's more intuitive to play with and really feels limiting if you don't have this ability considering how quickly enemies in higher modes can move diagonally.

You can get SoRR setup to feel slower like one of the classics, but this doesn't work in higher difficulty modes. The game feels at its best when it's a faster-paced, refined improvement on the SoR3 engine, as that's really what the enemy AI feels like it's intended for.

I'm still sad that Roo's counter throw does not slam (which is occasionally handy for enemies who can grab and land safely from being thrown) and that his tail attack doesn't hit in front anymore like in BK3/SoR3 (though his tail attack's still ridiculous without this added benefit), but that's just me being greedy~
bareknuckleroo
bareknuckleroo
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:06 am

Okay, now I want to play SORR again. There have been some mods tweaked for v5.1 recently, I'm gonna download these today ready for the next beer and games night with my buddy.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Charco wrote:Okay, now I want to play SORR again. There have been some mods tweaked for v5.1 recently, I'm gonna download these today ready for the next beer and games night with my buddy.

Guess you'll enjoy HUNTER, Path of Shadow Dancer and all the CM_blast remakes. Very Happy

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:19 am

I'm so bad at this now... I couldn't even get A when I tried survival. Razz

I decided to come back and play and found this game still gives me tons of energy and enjoyment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:21 am

CajNatalie wrote:I'm so bad at this now... I couldn't even get A when I tried survival. Razz

I decided to come back and play and found this game still gives me tons of energy and enjoyment.
I'm guessing this means new playthrough videos? Razz

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:34 am

Mr.Din wrote:
CajNatalie wrote:I'm so bad at this now... I couldn't even get A when I tried survival. Razz

I don't like TrashTube anymore...

...I have a Twitch channel for streams though.
Was just streaming my attempt to remove rust less than an hour ago. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:50 am

CajNatalie wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:

I don't like TrashTube anymore...

...I have a Twitch channel for streams though.
Was just streaming my attempt to remove rust less than an hour ago. Razz
Can't blame ya on that one YT has been on some bullshit for a while now. I'm on and off twitch, I don't see much SoRR on there understandably.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:02 am

Well I guess I'm back.
I got an S, a really bad S but still an S in Round 1 with Blaze.

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:56 am

Yay, new version! I finally beat Mania at the default lives settings (Gauge & Timer, Police On) for the first time ever! Did it on SoR2 route using SoR3 Blaze, who is just awesomesauce. Did amazingly well at first Abadede, only one life lost, went into the final stage with x9 lives and did better than I ever have during the elevator battles in the last two stages. Only one life lost during the giant robot party too. =D I noticed that ninjas seem to have far fewer invulnerability frames. You can reliably attack them as they land from jumping, and even occasionally get a jump kick to hit. It makes them feel a LOT less cheap.

Shiva is by far the hardest boss still and I can't find any way to reliably hit him other than jumping at him and hoping he blocks my jumpkick, which ends up breaking his guard. He's too fast to consistently lure into eating defensive specials when he tries to rush you... I fell down from x7 lives full health to x3 lives 1/4 health. Thought I'd die to Mr. X, but I managed to rip his health up with throws and 3 star blitzes enough to kill him with x1 life left and 1/2 health.

As I suplexed him for the last time I tried to take a screenshot... and I hit F12 instead of Printscreen (which is mapped to screenshot in some of my other games) and CLOSED THE GAME before I got to see the ending/my score/money earned. I started a new file when I updated so that woulda been a lot of money too. ;_;
bareknuckleroo
bareknuckleroo
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Finally i could play the 5.1 version, the new feature was very welcomed [ mainly the new sormaker features ]

to me te only bad thing is: Abadede became very harder again and still nothing of online mode Doubtful
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  nandayo Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi everybody, I just discover the 5.1 update ; I read the changelog, and wow, that's huge, can't wait to try it ! Thanks a bunch for that.

However, I'm a bit disapointed with graphics options : I can't understand why HQ2X has been deleted (those who had problems with it just had to not use it...) ; this option was far better than the normal x2 and other ones that are reamaining in this new version...

I read on this topic that now the "normal" graphic mode is supposed to be as good has HQ2X, but I tried it and there is no way it is so good : it is still rather ugly, huge pixels (I'm talking about normal x2 because normal is bugged on my computer, just a tiny and partial image...) 2x scale is a bit better, but way far than the result we obtained with HQ2x...

Can someone help me to understand how to get good smooth good graphics with this 5.1 ?...

Many thanks.

nandayo
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:58 pm

HQ2X broke a lot of mods that tried to do anything cool with large animated layers.
Even as someone who used to keep HQ2X on 100% of the time, I'd rather not run into these chokes at all and experience mods in their full intended glory, of smooth animation and full speed action.

So as a constant HQ2X user right until the patch removed it, I honestly have nothing for you nor would I want to find anything. I'm also accustomed to being able to spot the details rather than having everything blurred together... this is subjective here but it even looks better to me now. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  nandayo Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Okay, thx for your response, so basically there is nothing to do... Well, all right, that's not so much a big deal however.

nandayo
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:45 pm

To me the HQ2X option dosen't any miss to me, that filter makes the game very slower, i prefer the 2XScale more, way more beautiful. Wink
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:06 pm

I always thought HQx2 was pretty bad visually speaking, very unappealing regarding sprite work. I used to play 2xScale in the first years of the game, but when I start moding, I start to use the 2xnormal to test stuff/render and in the end : 2xnormal is just the best option to me. Very faithful and no stretching (I prefer play window than full screen).

I think it's like coffee, when you start drinking coffee, you add lot of sugar, and the more the year pass, the less sugar you add.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:10 am

Sormaker : You can now test from the Sormaker editor with a cpu friend, simply create a file called "cpu" in the main mod folder.
- Axel, Blaze, Skate, Max, Adam, Zan will be on screen from the beginning.
- Unlockable characters will use the continue option.

I cannot get this feature to work, i put a folder called cpu in the mod file, the games file, lots of files, i even tried CPU... But when i access a level that isn't level1a the cpu doesn't join me...

What am i doing wrong? I do have the latest sorr version.
thanks.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:23 am

celestinx wrote:
Sormaker : You can now test from the Sormaker editor with a cpu friend, simply create a file called "cpu" in the main mod folder.

I cannot get this feature to work,  i put a folder called cpu in the mod file, the games file, lots of files, i even tried CPU... But when i access a level that isn't level1a the cpu doesn't join me...

thanks.
Unlockable characters have a delay before they join. Just wait.

I mean, there's no way you got the file wrong and made cpu DOT something (incorrect) instead of just "cpu" no extension (correct), right? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

CajNatalie wrote:
celestinx wrote:

I cannot get this feature to work,  i put a folder called cpu in the mod file, the games file, lots of files, i even tried CPU... But when i access a level that isn't level1a the cpu doesn't join me...

thanks.
Unlockable characters have a delay before they join. Just wait.

I mean, there's no way you got the file wrong and made cpu DOT something (incorrect) instead of just "cpu" no extension (correct), right? Razz

I just right click - create new folder - rename it to cpu
I dont add any extension. I just want any cpu player Blaze, Skate, Max, Adam would all be fine... I don't get why its not working
i created the file [cpu] folder in the [SoR1 Collection for V5] folder - didnt work
i created a [cpu] in the Streets of Rage remake\mod\Games - still nothing
then i went crazy and created a cpu folder in Streets of Rage remake
Streets of Rage remake\mod\
Streets of Rage remake\mod\Games
Streets of Rage remake\mod\Games\SoR1 Collection for V5
Streets of Rage remake\mod\Games\SoR1 Collection for V5\cpu

still nothing, am i just really dumb? What's the issue? I want to start from level8a on the sor1 mod with the cpu

EDIT: It was automatically set to read only i un-ticked that, but, it still doesn't work.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Yeah you're really not getting it.
Give it a moment.
CPU file - no extension.

File.

It may also help to turn on 'always see file extensions' just in case you're making the next level of mistakes.

Razz

Feel free to kick yourself when you see it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next