SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis)

+2
iceweb38
Cm_Blast
6 posters

Go down

Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis) Empty Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis)

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Hello guys. After long time without modding or playing anything, finally I decided to do a new mod, trying something different, this time is the Power Ranger the movie game Sega Megadrive version.

The game is half based in the movie and half based in the TV Show, so you will fight enemies and bosses from both sides.

I wanted to do this because I get a megadrive emulator which can separate some layers, so I can try ripping directly from megadrive instead mame or similar, and, this mod is ready to be play.

So, This mod feature:
- The 6 Original levels (this game is short) <-- almost 42 minutes; cutscenes incluyed (similiar to a longplay in youtube, but my credits are much shorter).
- The music from the game loops. Is not perfect, but I did the best I could.
- Your character will be as big as the Zords!!!
- The original game only have 2 different enemies: Oozeman from the movie and Putties from the show. I increased the rooster of enemies to avoid using only 2 guys.
- Custom palettes from all the enemies and bosses.
- In hard (or above) there are some extra enemies and in easy some less enemies, but their health not scale (Bosses neither).
- No food in the scenario, but the enemies will drop food and items (they won't pick up your items).
- All the cutscenes from the game. They aren't full animated (blinks or flashbacks effect), but all the core images are there.

Special note:
- In the original game you have a special defensive-invincible move ("A" Special in Sor), but cost a little of your life (IMO too much); Disable the "Sor 3" A Special gauge and play with Sor 2 style: A = loose life, always. The game never have more than 4 enemies at the same time, so this will help to be less spammer and maybe do the game a little mor hard (talking about those mania-players).
- In the original game the bosses and sub-bosses have like 2 seconds of invincibility when they fall to the floor. Let those bosses stand up before attacking again.

Little update: (10/8/14)
- I changed the boss battle in third level. The battle was too hard comparing to the other levels; now is more balanced and maintains the essence of the game allowing free scroll.
- Other little visual fixes, like some missing pixels or moving a guy a little.

Final Update to modern era:
- Added music for character selection and stage clear.
- New custom items.
* These items contain two grenades instead of one.
- Added a second chicken in boss battles (for the second player).
- Battle against Goldar (giant) now is a bit harder.
- In stage 5, the last 4 waves have been replaced by a single wave of Goldar and some enemies.

And finally my video teaser:

Links:
Download here:
https://mega.nz/file/7iJTDSDR#LE4hrgqosh4jj0yvtr_jwa7DZ15B-54WqD4mWLxP9ZQ

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 pm; edited 8 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis) Empty Re: Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis)

Post  iceweb38 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Very well done trailer!
I'm actually surprised nobody did a mod based on Power Rangers on Megadrive.
Glisp did use a few scenes from the game though for his Syndicate mod.

Nice use of palettes from what I can see, will have to play it after I'm done with other mods.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis) Empty Re: Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis)

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Wow~!

Bajando...

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:02 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Very well done trailer!
I'm actually surprised nobody did a mod based on Power Rangers on Megadrive.
Glisp did use a few scenes from the game though for his Syndicate mod.

Nice use of palettes from what I can see, will have to play it after I'm done with other mods.

Done with the almighty Windows Movie Maker XD.

Thanks.

If someone encounter some typo error report me; I copied word for word with a exception: Stage2. The stage 2 had too many text so I cut a little some texts.

I did a little experiment in one of the bosses battles, I'm not sure if it will work (in terms of difficulty) correctly.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:07 pm

This one brought back memories! Thanks for reminding me of my childhood! Only serious difference to trouble the player, is the stage with rocky terrain on moon, the one you fight lord zedd... Took TOO LONG to go through the stage and unlike the original game, no breaking rocks and entering secret shortcuts... Otherwise, one of the mods i have enjoyed the best!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:47 am

Security wrote:This one brought back memories! Thanks for reminding me of my childhood! Only serious difference to trouble the player, is the stage with rocky terrain on moon, the one you fight lord zedd... Took TOO LONG to go through the stage and unlike the original game, no breaking rocks and entering secret shortcuts... Otherwise, one of the mods i have enjoyed the best!

Is not really possible to do the exact thing as the original game (or just I don't know a way to do it). Here the "GO!" doesn't appear until you beat all the enemies on screen.

I only could do this way: fighting 22 guys (on normal, 27 in hard or above) before you may enter that cave. They have low health to help speeding up the pace a bit.

And Thanks for playing.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:51 pm

lol, it seems I got the SORR itch back so went for another run of this mod. Enjoy~!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Don Vecta wrote:lol, it seems I got the SORR itch back so went for another run of this mod. Enjoy~!

Question: How many time ago you downloaded the mod? Because that version, unfortunately, it's indeed very old.

On my first post I say how I change the three Yamato boss fight like 4 years ago; I mean, I don't mind if you had the 2016-17 version and you didn't bother to pick up the 2018 one (custom stage clear, custom music, a few small changes), I understand being lazy after a mod it's updated several times, but looking at those Yamatos made me wonder if I have an so old version of this mod still available into my 4share account.

Pd: The C&D video you posted it's the correct version.

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Ah, it has been a long time since my last contact with you cm_blast. By the way, I never tried this MOD before. I will download it later, and as usual, I will report to you if I found any mistakes
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:lol, it seems I got the SORR itch back so went for another run of this mod. Enjoy~!

Question: How many time ago you downloaded the mod? Because that version, unfortunately, it's indeed very old.

On my first post I say how I change the three Yamato boss fight like 4 years ago; I mean, I don't mind if you had the 2016-17 version and you didn't bother to pick up the 2018 one (custom stage clear, custom music, a few small changes), I understand being lazy after a mod it's updated several times, but looking at those Yamatos made me wonder if I have an so old version of this mod still available into my 4share account.

I didn't know there was an updated version... I presume the end credits were also fixed as well...
Does the new version include a data folder as well?

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Cm_Blast wrote:

I didn't know there was an updated version... I presume the end credits were also fixed as well...
Does the new version include a data folder as well?

When during my "Big General update" this mod got updated a bit as well, although the Yamatos fight were changed long time ago.
These are the update I did:
- Added music for character selection and stage clear.
- New custom items.
* These items contain two grenades instead of one.
- Added a second chicken in boss battles (for the second player).
- Battle against Goldar (giant) now is a bit harder.
- In stage 5, the last 4 waves have been replaced by a single wave of Goldar and some enemies.

So it's not that big compared with I have on 2017; gameplay wise, only the 4 waves turned into a mini-goldar fight but that's it. It's just that the Yamatos fight were changed a few years ago I am still surprise that version ever exist.

I hope you can get easily the good version; at least on the onedrive should only be the last version; In 4share I am not that sure, but it's named "(5.1)" at the end.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Adam : Die bitch !!!

Hakuyo : Hey, what are you doing? I'm not the Putty Patrol !!!

Adam : Well, it doesn't matter. Whoever you are, I will finish you off !!!

Hakuyo : Oh man. Don't kill me please :'(

Adam : Shut up !!! You are still my opponent, no matter what.

Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis) KVNe6an

Well, that's a good story right? About the MOD, this is a VERY GREAT MOD. Although in original game, only two kind of lesser enemies present, but you put a different kind of enemy for sake of variety. Yeah, because fighting same enemies from the beginning until later stage could make a player feel boring.

Especially on stage 4. It's very long stage. At my first playthrough, I didn't know if there is a secret path behind the rock. When I feel doing a same thing over and over again, then I just realizing if there is something wrong here. Then I decide to kill an enemy slowly, and finally I found the right way. Very Happy

About the video above (by Don_Vecta), fighting 3 Yamato's at the same time is hard, but I think battling against R.Bear and 2 Kangaroos at the same time isn't easy as it looks. (or probably I just noob) -_-
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Persephone wrote:Especially on stage 4. It's very long stage. At my first playthrough, I didn't know if there is a secret path behind the rock. When I feel doing a same thing over and over again, then I just realizing if there is something wrong here. Then I decide to kill an enemy slowly, and finally I found the right way. Very Happy

About the video above (by Don_Vecta), fighting 3 Yamato's at the same time is hard, but I think battling against R.Bear and 2 Kangaroos at the same time isn't easy as it looks. (or probably I just noob) -_-
That happen to me the first time I played the original megadrive game, but there it's somewhat worse. If you go to the end almost infinite of enemies keeps spawning (1-2 enemy waves); it's so bad that the time will run out much before you can finish them all, even on easy, where you are given 90 seconds (60 in normal) you still don't have enough time to kill all the enemies until they stop spawning (and in hard it's expected to died twice at least, even when the time running out it's not an insta kill).

So to escape you need to destroy a rock blocking the path and going from that area; but on the megadrive the path it's not even showed, you may guess a path if you kit the rock by accident.

R Bear + 2 Roos are not exactly easy, but at least you can take advantage of the extended scenario, running right or left to keep the enemies more separated; But overall this happen on the original game as well; those three are much harder (but more fun to fight) than Goldar.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 am

So, those rocks could be destroyed actually? I never play the original game before -_-

About the R. Bear, yeah, I need some practice to beat him (Because I think he is tougher than Yamato)

Don't forget about Hakuyo on screenshot above xD
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Persephone wrote:So, those rocks could be destroyed actually? I never play the original game before -_-

About the R. Bear, yeah, I need some practice to beat him (Because I think he is tougher than Yamato)

Don't forget about Hakuyo on screenshot above xD

In the original game yes, but not on this mod. The "Go" signal already tells people where the alternative path it is.

I didn't forget, but I am too lazy right now to upload the whole mod for a single Hakuyo that only appear if you finish the scene 1 completely.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:45 pm

So, does it mean if you're going to the right path, you won't encounter him? Okay then
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Persephone wrote:So, does it mean if you're going to the right path, you won't encounter him? Okay then

On the first scenario there are 3 paths, they will remain hidden if you continue advancing, since more enemies gets getting on the queue. If you go until the end you change into scenario 2, which it's the same as 1 but in reverse.

This it's because on the original game you can move freely to the right or left, but in Sorr there are limits, so the only thing I made it's reversing the walk, making people going to the left instead right, but it's just scenario 1 once again, so the alternative paths go to the same place on both scenarios.

If you reach the end on this scenario 2, you will go into scenario 1 once again (tecnically it's another scenario to not trigger cutscenes), in a neverending loop.

The alternative paths will send you to different scenarios, like skipping directly Zed or facing him the first, but it's not a laberinth, just a straigh path.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Have you fixed it already, cm_blast ??? (about the Hakuyo)

Just want to know Very Happy
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:09 pm

Persephone wrote:Have you fixed it already, cm_blast ??? (about the Hakuyo)

Just want to know Very Happy

I think I did it already; 1 month ago or so; feel free to check the time I uploaded the file and try if the Hakuyo it's really fixed.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Angela Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Sorr Mod: Power Rangers the movie (Genesis) Ss201910

Not able to find SOR Street Rangers, but i see other several edits in it, can you please guide me, thank you !
Anna Angela
Anna Angela
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Anna Angela wrote:
Not able to find SOR Street Rangers, but i see other several edits in it, can you please guide me, thank you !

You are wrong. the mod called "Street Rangers" it's made by another person.
That's only my own set of mods. Every .rar it's a separated mod; I used acronyms:

Night Slashers, Power Ranger the movie, Sailor Moon Pretty Soldiers, Alien Vs Predator, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Captain commando, Double dragon trilogy (Gameboy)... I can write the rest if needed, but again, those are mods made by me.

Now, if you mean the "power ranger the movie" one, it's the one called "Sor remake PRTB (5.1)".

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down