SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

+16
graylandertagger
LaGsDAI92
Axelfan
klares
Mr.Din
El Gambito
wawatu
MCJeffsy
Benny26
DarkThief
iceweb38
Saven
Charco
BigDarsh
Shiva
Don Vecta
20 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

Post  wawatu Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 pm

don vecta happy birthday :)i know is a little late for say that but dont worry, about this mod im very happy mighty final fight was my favourite game wen i was little i played all the time in a pirate famicom that my father game me.

you and the community here are doing an a awesome work making this remake i think you are gaving a new air to the sor maker games and pulling the sor maker to this limits.

keep going and dont worry you have my support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc

wawatu

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

Post  Don Vecta Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 pm

wawatu wrote:don vecta happy birthday  :)i know is a little late for say that but dont worry, about this mod im very happy mighty final fight was my favourite game wen i was little i played all the time in a pirate famicom that my father game me.

you and the community here are doing an a awesome work making this remake i think you are gaving a new air to the sor maker games and pulling the sor maker to this limits.

keep going and dont worry you have my support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc

wawatu

Much appreciated!

Well, it seems this mod will have a very special... soundtrack. STAAAAAY TUNED! Smile 

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 pm

And it's time for an update.

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 MightyFinalFight-Round2-Area3
Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 Update06_zpse42c5f71

Sodom's boss fight stage.

Let's be honest: the original stage is boring... so I did a bit of enhancements, like the binoculars and a couple of signs. Recolored the background from stage 2-2 so it looks like the dusk it's over so now it's full night.

The fight itself is the same as the one for Damnd: from Normal to above there's gonna be helping mooks to support Sodom. I'm using his Boss Intro 1 fighting stance, cuz I'm saving the Boss Intro 2 style for his "brother" Katana.

Well, this is it, stay tuned for stage 3.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Keep going bud, you're doing really good!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Nice!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:45 am

Okay, time for an update.

As the game has a bonus stage right after beating Sodom (using exactly the same stage scene without even leaving the area), decided to go against it and instead added an iconic Final Fight stage for the bonus area. If you can guess which stage it is, I'll give you a cookie.  Very Happy 

The bonus will be the same Seeker throwing bonus (where Seekers only drop items if they are thrown), most items will be food items (see my Item Drops Values thread in the SORR forum for the criteria). Or if you have a better idea, I'm game.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Never played Mighty Final Fight before, this might be a good chance to try it up  What a Face 

Looking foward to this, keep up the good work Don! I like how you progress relatively fast (At least for my standards  tongue ) while keeping the quality clean .w.b
El Gambito
El Gambito
Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri May 02, 2014 6:39 pm

^ Worth trying. Awesome game.

Okay, le updates.

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 MightyFinalFight-Round3-Area1
Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 Update07_zps84dfaf86

Old Town, obviously a rich residential zone with old school mansion... and with roads in construction.

Added a couple of things in this stage: a gate that marks that the players enter the manor that is stage 3-2 (in game make no sense that they're in the street and immediately inside the manor), so I added the gate.

This stage has A LOT of layers, so it will look very deep while walking.

I still need to populate but overall this stage took too long.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat May 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Excellent as always!
Quick question though: why making it nightime as opposed to the original stage?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat May 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Very nice, well done!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 03, 2014 7:40 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Excellent as always!
Quick question though: why making it nightime as opposed to the original stage?

Tying to follow a bit of the cycle of the day. Starting off in afternoon at stage 1, by stage 2 sunset and late dusk by stage 3 dark but getting a huge storm (check the Abigail battle, it's already night and it's storming), then by stage 4 will be already late midnight, probly 2 am. On stage 5 wanna make it right early in the morning over the yacht, so will be daylight again.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue May 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Ladies and Gentz: LE UPDATES!

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 MightyFinalFight-Round3-Area2
Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 Update08_zps45306183
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cx3d8fy13w64686/Update08.png

The interior of the mansion. I definitely wanted to make it look as regal as possible without losing the CPS1 touch on it. Took the liberty to add a little hallway right in the middle, and personally I think it looks really really boss! The mirror area at the end I changed into an art gallery with some cool paintings on display... and has a little balcony that will make the player jump into the
Spoiler:

The background is animated with a heavy thunderstorm with all and thunders (thanks to the rain and thunders from the final stage of Final Fight 2, it looks really sick!).

Now it's time to populate it.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed May 07, 2014 3:10 am

I need this mod in my life! Very Happy

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 am

Holy crap this looks pretty!

One complaint though, the same city background is being used in the last 3 stages. I don't know if it's a placeholder but you might wanna look for different city backgrounds. I can try to help if you need me to.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed May 07, 2014 2:15 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Holy crap this looks pretty!

One complaint though, the same city background is being used in the last 3 stages. I don't know if it's a placeholder but you might wanna look for different city backgrounds. I can try to help if you need me to.

That's not an issue. In Final Fight, they use the same background in many stages (stage 1, 4 and 6), this one I like it a lot, and wanted to use it only in these two stages (all of them have different coloring, building positioning and effects... the lighting make the city lit, so it looks cool). Next stages will have different background, I promise.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed May 07, 2014 4:38 pm

I agree it's not necessarely an issue. Just that I don't like to make repeated use of a same background myself (or I try to edit a little).

But I can understand you love it and want to use it. Different edit of that layer for each stage will surely do well!  Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed May 07, 2014 7:59 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I agree it's not necessarely an issue. Just that I don't like to make repeated use of a same background myself (or I try to edit a little).

But I can understand you love it and want to use it. Different edit of that layer for each stage will surely do well!  Smile

The layer is edited alright in every scene: sunset, dusk, night, storm, etc. So it does look different depending the area, you'll see. Smile

The enemy placement is done. The original MFF is a disappointment of it, and a huge waste of space since the scroller is huge to place a lot of enemies... something I did. I went for the typical "thread carefully or else you'll be mobbed to death" type of placement that is very common in mid to high areas in FF1. And some combinations are pretty fun, if I can say so myself.

Now need to do the boss fight and with this I'll request a couple of beta testers to check how's the mod so far in all difficulties. Any takers lemme know.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu May 08, 2014 11:35 am

I volunteer!
That way, I'll be able to suggest tweaks and edit some graphics if I feel the need.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 08, 2014 2:10 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I volunteer!
That way, I'll be able to suggest tweaks and edit some graphics if I feel the need.

Okay, for beta testing I'm taking you and Dark Thief (he requested it by PM).

LOOK, MOMMY, AN UPDATE!

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 MightyFinalFight-Round3-Area3
Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. - Page 3 Update09_zps61c71e05

The Manor's Royal Gym. Yeah, I really couldn't find another reason why the fuck there's an empty ring inside a luxurious mansion... then, by using bit of logic here, why not the personal gym of whoever owns the manor (Belger? Abigail?)? I've decided to give a really nice feel to the place by including equipment, a couple of punching bags and the view to the garden since, well... the boss stage looked kinda drab for me.

But fear not! I'm still keeping the storm and the thunders from the original stage so, I won't break the mood from the original.

As for Abigail, I warn you: he WON'T welcome you alone from Normal to above. And word of the wise: thread carefully and take a good look at the place: you'd be finding some surprises.

With this I'm closing the first half of the mod. I'm sending to Icey and Thief the first beta test demo. If someone wants to sign in, also lemme know.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Looking excellent! Is that punching bag from Super Double Dragon?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Charco wrote:Looking excellent! Is that punching bag from Super Double Dragon?
Yup, both of them. Wanted to use the one used in Art of Fighting 2 bonus game, but was too big for the perspective, so decided to go for the SDD one, just recoloring it to the FF style. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu May 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Love it! I volunteer as well, is it available to stream/record or just private til full release?

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri May 09, 2014 5:35 am

Mr.Din wrote:Love it! I volunteer as well, is it available to stream/record or just private til full release?

Wanna keep it private since the final mod will be completely fleshed out with an original soundtrack, animated cutscenes/endings, custom FF sound, etc. So spoiling it live will be a real tragedy.

I'll send you the links by PM.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  MCJeffsy Fri May 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Don,

May I test this mod? Me and my sister killer_sponge tested Adam's Story for 2 players, and should be able to provide feedback on enemy placement / difficulty etc.

MCJeffsy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri May 09, 2014 1:59 pm

MCJeffsy wrote:Don,

May I test this mod? Me and my sister killer_sponge tested Adam's Story for 2 players, and should be able to provide feedback on enemy placement / difficulty etc.

2 players? Definitely need a test on that field too. I didn't add many 2 players only enemies, but I want to see how the game feels without them. In case it's necessary to add extra mooks, please lemme know. I'm sending you the links by PM.

Thank you once again.

Some interesting intel gathered through this first beta testing (thank you, Icey, Thief and Mr. Din for the feedback by PM).

The actual names of the goons in MFF are NOT like the ones we know from the 16-bit/CPS1 era.

Bred = Iron
J = Gale
Poison = Poison Kiss
Slash = Serge
El Gado = Tequila (I like his name, lol)

So now here's the question I have, and I'd like your opinion: shall I add these names and recreate an exclusive palette for these goons? Or should I stick with the CPS/SNES characters?

What I could do is that ONLY the enemies appearing in Easy difficulty might have these new names and palettes (gotta be creative in adding the palettes as the NES ones weren't exactly... creative or clear), the rest of the enemies will be the classic CPS1 CHRACTERS.

Thoughts?

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next