SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

+16
graylandertagger
LaGsDAI92
Axelfan
klares
Mr.Din
El Gambito
wawatu
MCJeffsy
Benny26
DarkThief
iceweb38
Saven
Charco
BigDarsh
Shiva
Don Vecta
20 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. Empty Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

Post  Don Vecta Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 am

Okay, I really want to revive the mod community.

While my current lifestyle leaves me with few spare time to do mods completely on my own, I still feel the itch to create stages and set ups. I have lots of ideas, loose stages completely done and whatnot, but I lack the time to put everything together or to set cutscenes, dialogues and other complex parts (honestly, I enjoy the process to design and create the stage rather than do cutscenes and stuff).4

Now, I want to revive the interest of modders and players alike. I have a couple of ideas we could work with, you could choose one so we can work together and delegate duties. These are my ideas:

- A tribute mod based in Mighty Final Fight, pretty much a remake using CPS1/SNES style backgrounds. Verbatim enemy positioning. Palettes are already done based on the 3 FF games wich exact color schemes.

- A mod based in the film Showdown in Little Tokyo. I have the rundown of the scenes and the progress. The film itself it's made for a proper beat'em up. I think this is fun and have of couple scenes already done.

- A mod based on The Mariachi trilogy or a Mexican setting to take down Los Equis, the biggest cartel ever. I was planning something like that for H.U.N.T.E.R. 2 but with time restrains I could make something simpler.

- Anything you guys want.

If interested, lemme know so we can work on something. As I said, mostly I can help with scene design and ideas of creation. I wish we can rekindle the mod scene again and I'm sure in collaboration we can do something nice.

Last edited by Don Vecta on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. Empty Re: Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

Post  Shiva Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:31 am

Hm… Mighty Final Fight is a very good idea, I think. Maybe, I can help with it, if I'll need do something.

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. Empty Re: Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP.

Post  BigDarsh Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:48 am

I'm very busy for the next month, but if your project is a "long time developement" project; I could make a sound pack / data folder (SEN / SEV at least) for Mighty Final Fight, using Final Fight 1, 2, 3 Snes Trilogy rip set (for constitancy in the sound quality).

The idea of making a community project is very cool.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:05 am

BigDarsh wrote:I'm very busy for the next month, but if your project is a "long time developement" project; I could make a sound pack / data folder (SEN / SEV at least) for Mighty Final Fight, using Final Fight 1, 2, 3 Snes Trilogy rip set (for constitancy in the sound quality).

The idea of making a community project is very cool.

Yeah, probably would start with the design first.

Okay, so by now I see people heading towards the MFF direction (maybe the easiest, faster mod to do).

I need someone able to help with cutscenes mostly and some stage design. I want to keep it as close as the MFF layout but with CPS1 graphics.

Hope more people can join in and be part of it.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:56 am

Has your H.U.N.T.E.R. follow up been scrapped? I don't get it....

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:23 am

Charco wrote:Has your H.U.N.T.E.R. follow up been scrapped? I don't get it....

The DLC is done, only need to do the ending cutscenes... kinda hate to do them, honestly. Mod is done, only need this cutscenes finished. Actually, if someone can help with those, I can release the MotY edition of H.U.N.T.E.R. quickly.

The H.U.N.T.E.R. 2 was a continuation of the story and half of it was to be taken part in Aztlan (the equivalent of Mexico in the SOR universe), where they must end the cartel once and for all. Made some test scenes bust mostly loose stuff that they need other stuff to be put together.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:38 pm

I will definitely be asking for help on my mod when I get a chance to play around with it again.

I have been pretty busy in real life and haven't had time or any creative ideas to put into my own mod, so its on a hiatus'ish type of status. I will be graduating from college in May so I will probably start work on it again and see if anyone will want to contribute then.

As far as your own mod, do you want someone to draw your cutscenes, or do you need someone to animate them? Me and Benny have the timing in FPGEdit down and I wouldn't mind helping you on that if thats what you need. Very Happy

But yeah, the mod scene has died down. I think a lot of us are just waiting for that one big game to eventually come out that will bring the scene back.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Yeah I agree, I really think that finishing H.U.N.T.E.R and getting it out there will help get the interest back on the forum.

I have disconnected my old PC and have no laptop at the moment so I haven't played SorR in a while. I will transfer all of the mods I have downloaded onto an external HDD for when I do get a laptop later in the year. Hopefully there will be some new great mods released by then  Very Happy 

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:18 pm

I have yet to find out if I'm able to produce a stage fitting to another's style or desire.
However, I'm pretty sure I'm able to improve and polish scenes that others would create.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Charco wrote:Yeah I agree, I really think that finishing H.U.N.T.E.R and getting it out there will help get the interest back on the forum.

Definitely...it's the one mod I haven't replayed this year because of waiting for the new version Razz
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:27 am

iceweb38 wrote:I have yet to find out if I'm able to produce a stage fitting to another's style or desire.
However, I'm pretty sure I'm able to improve and polish scenes that others would create.

I will be giving you a pm when I get started on my project again.

(btw, I'm going to try to get that movie that you helped me out on uploaded later on tonight. Thanks for the help on that man!) Very Happy
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 am

Cool, dudes. Thanks for the input.

Guess while I finish this damn cutscenes, we'd be working on the Mighty Final Fight scenes. I'd start with the stage 1 then.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:07 pm

Regarding Hunter cutscene, I don't know If I can help (I suck with photoshop).
Regarding MFF cutscenes, if it's about ripping Final Fight CPS 1 Intro and making an animated cutscene like I did for the AvP mod, I can help.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:16 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Regarding Hunter cutscene, I don't know If I can help (I suck with photoshop).

Graphically speaking, there's not much to do, sans a couple of animations and whatnot, mostly dialogues, proofreading, and the ending stuff.

BigDarsh wrote:Regarding MFF cutscenes, if it's about ripping Final Fight CPS 1 Intro and making an animated cutscene like I did for the AvP mod, I can help.

Now I like that, sure! The idea is to make the story line intro of MFF in CPS1 style. I could provide the images and layers and just put them together to remake them. That would be very funny, I guess (considering Belger now wants to marry Jessica, lol). Very Happy

As we're speaking, I'm remaking the first stage as a sample of how I'd like to have the stages done. I'd like to do what I did in Double Dragon II Megamix, which was to recreate the stages in a more 16-bit/CPS1 style format, but without taking away their main concept, hopefully I'd have a sample done by tonight.

If someone's up to help out, mind you I'm a rather perfectionist type of dude and using lazy copy/pasta won't do. Although I'm perfectly fine working with rough concepts of stages then the nitpickers (me, for instance) could edit and move what could be good. Also, we could try to work out in different layers and place them together as well (I love multi-layered stages). I'll have something ready soon.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Okay, I'm your man for animated cutscenes (MFF) and Hunter ending. As long as you provide me custom materials, I'm pretty skilled (I think) in animating and synching stuff (sounds/music/dialogue and all).
Just don't ask me to create my own "photoshop crappy footage", since I'm rather perfectionist like you.

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm

Do you need backgrounds for mod? I have them, and I'm making animation for them.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Thank you. I have resources galore myself, but something extra wouldn't be bad.

Okay, Mighty Final Fight Remake will be then. Here I'm uploading a rough idea of how I plan to redesign and recreate the 8-bit stages into CPS1/SNES style.

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. MightyFinalFight-Round1-Area1_zpse41eb303
Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. Stage1-1layer1sample_zps78d1d775

(sorry about the watermarks, but in public forums I really can't trust in leaving this material up for grabs unless got permission for it).

EDIT: Photobucket is starting to suck horribly. It shrunk my image... any other options to upload the image at its native resolution?

Anyways, this is only the scroller layer. I'm using most of the CPS1, CPS2 or SNES games of Final Fight or same style spin offs (Punisher, Captain Commando, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, etc.). All scrollers and layers should be in 64 pixels multiple size of layers, working in proportion with the SOR characters and resizing without losing native resolution (stretched/reduced samples it's a no go, I don't accept those).

I like multiple layers and this stage I plan to use at least 4. Maybe add more details as well. If any of you feel like adding or re-editing something or try another scene, please lemme know. I can forward you my layers without watermarks ready to be used.

Remember, this is a community collaboration, so feel free to put your two cents, give ideas or try anything you like. Just let's follow the graphic parameters and please, if you offer to help doing designing or music, don't disappear later on, have bit of commitment too. Thank you.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Okay, work was started.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:32 pm

Okay, in some updates, Stage 1-1 is finally done.

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. Update1_zps6bfcf897
Since MFF is incredibly easy as only appear 2 enemies maximum and the roster is limited to Bred, J and Slash, I have decided to scale the mod keeping the native difficulty only on Easy. Per every difficulty level I'll add one extra mook from FF1 and 2, keeping their native CPS1 lifebars if appear normally, if the enemy appear as first appearance sub-boss, will be scaled per difficulty, further apparitions will have their CPS1 bars again.

So, the roster is almost as the one made by Augmented Antics/DeusX97 but with exact color replicas from Final Fight 1 and 2 (yes, I'm using FF1 SNES and CPS1 palettes and FF2 mooks to add variety), more from what I did on my Final Fight CD Time Attack Mod(e):

Final Fight 1.

Bred (CPS1) - Galsia-2
Dug (CPS1) - Donovan-2
Dug (SNES) - Donovan-3
Jake (CPS1) - Galvice
Jake (SNES) - Galsia-2
Simons (CPS1) - Galsia-3
J (CPS1) - Y Signal-2
J (SNES) - Signal-3
Two.P (CPS2) - Y Signal-2
Two.P (SNES) - Signal-1
Axl (CPS1 & SNES) - Slum (I made a palette of Axl for Tiger, but I won't use him)
Slash (CPS1 & SNES) - Vice (same, I made a palette for Tiger, won't use it either)
Hollywood & El Gado (CPS1) - Clown (with axes)
Hollywood (SNES) - Troll Ninja-3 (with kunai)
Hollywood (molotov) - Biker (in bike with grenades)
El Gado (SNES) - Troll Ninja-2 (with kunai)
G.Oriber, Bill Bull & Wong Who (CPS1) - Big Ben (they don't appear in MFF, but I add them in higher difficulties)
G.Oriber, Bill Bull & Wong Who (SNES) - Bongo-3 (they don't appear in MFF, but I add them in higher difficulties)
Roxy & Poison (CPS1) - Garnet
Sid & Billy (SNES) - Soozie (as Sidney & Billie)
Andore family (CPS1 and SNES) - Ash (as Ashdore)
G.Andore, U.Andore, F.Andore (CPS1) - Abadede (using him as sub-boss level)
Damnd - Barbon
Sodom & Katana (CPS1 & SNES for his second appearance) - Yamato (boss1 setting in the first appearance, boss 2 setting as his second)
Abigail - Abadede
(Cyber) Belger - Robo X (in the MFF, Belger has cyber implants, so I won't use X).

Final Fight 2.

Mic - Donovan 2/Donovan 3
Bull - Galsia-1
Elijah - Galsia-3/Galvice
Mark - Cody
Schot - Y Signal-2
Jack - Signal-1
Elias & Eliot - Biker (with pipe)
Joe - Biker (on bike with grenade)
Jony & Atlas - Tiger
Elick - Bongo-3
Leon & Robert - Haku-oh
Eliza & Mary - ElectraBK3/SOR3

I won't use any FF2 boss... unless you think I should add one to accompany one of the FF1 bosses in MFF that appear without mooks, I'm open for suggestions.

If anyone has suggestions or ideas or wants to collaborate, please lemme know. Thank you.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Comparing to the original stage, this looks superb!
I may try to improve the last layer so the blue skyscrappers should actually be recolored and separated from the sky.
Feel free to send me that layer via PM

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:49 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Comparing to the original stage, this looks superb!
I may try to improve the last layer so the blue skyscrappers should actually be recolored and separated from the sky.
Feel free to send me that layer via PM

Great! someone joined the team!

I'll upload the fpg with the smk so you can separate and create the layer in the fpg (also, you could test the difficulty, by the way).

EDIT: Okay, I have a homework for anyone who's up to take it:

Mighty Final Fight EX collaboration mod. WIP. MightyFinalFight-Round1-Area2

For this area, I need to see if someone can recreate some cool Movie billboards that could look similar. I'd like to use 3 different billboards, though, but that keep the theme on (maybe based in a faux-movie or with a hot chick, hell! even a community easter egg if you must, I dunno). If someone's up to take the task, please raise your hands. It's small and hopefully won't take too long to make.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:18 pm

I can do that, if you remember what I did in my Chinatown and subway stage, this should be fitting.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:20 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I can do that, if you remember what I did in my Chinatown and subway stage, this should be fitting.

Perfect, dude, thank you.

Of course, make them bigger than the ones in the original scroller... you know, to keep the proportion.

Thank you once again.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 pm

I need to know which size I should work on however.

EDIT: I see it's an animated billboard with neons. You want me to do the neons?
I've already done this many years ago (SORR logo was made by Xillatem, I animated it and added the neons)

https://2img.net/r/hpimg11/pics/232337finished3.gif
https://2img.net/r/hpimg11/pics/516673SonicNexusanimation.gif

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:45 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I need to know which size I should work on however.

EDIT: I see it's an animated billboard with neons. You want me to do the neons?
I've already done this many years ago (SORR logo was made by Xillatem, I animated it and added the neons)

https://2img.net/r/hpimg11/pics/232337finished3.gif
https://2img.net/r/hpimg11/pics/516673SonicNexusanimation.gif

Oh god! They're gorgeous!  Shocked 

Yeah, definitely. With neons will look amazing!

Okay, now that I'm seeing the proportions with the MFF size, the billboards are huge. Guess the best size would be give or take the same size as the one at the rooftop in Chinatown in Final Fight 3.

Or if it's too big, then maybe the size of the ones in Moon Beach could work, I guess...

EDIT2: Icey, check your PM. Sent you the stuff.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next