SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any consistent way to find the bomb in time on Route 3?

4 posters

Go down

Any consistent way to find the bomb in time on Route 3? Empty Any consistent way to find the bomb in time on Route 3?

Post  Based Juju Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 am

Trying to record a Route 3 run with the good ending of the route, but I can never get to the bomb in time and end up forfeiting the run in frustration. Anyone know a decent way to find out where the room with the bomb is?
Based Juju
Based Juju
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Any consistent way to find the bomb in time on Route 3? Empty Re: Any consistent way to find the bomb in time on Route 3?

Post  bareknuckleroo Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:06 pm

This route can be done 100% reliably on Mania without running out of time... as long as you're aware of what the trick is. If you're not aware of what the trick to this section here is, or even aware there is a trick to finding the bomb in time, it will feel like bullshit as Mania gives you barely any time to check rooms (because unlike SoR3 the timer counts down while in the rooms). You'll only have time to check 3 rooms, maybe 4? If you want to figure it out yourself, my recommendation is to record which rooms you find in which position each time you play the route (difficulty doesn't change the room layouts if I remember correctly). For full spoilers on what to do here, see below:

https://sorr.forumotion.net/t837p400-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-is-here#16732

Spoiler:

If you use the spoilers and anything's unclear, let me know.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Any consistent way to find the bomb in time on Route 3? Empty Re: Any consistent way to find the bomb in time on Route 3?

Post  Raf Arin Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:52 am

I am playing version 5.2 and just tried to follow your guide but found this

Floor 4 (Entrance)
Floors 3 : (Double floor spark)   (Low ceiling laser)   (Vertical laser)

So it seems there are other possible layouts Sad

EDIT : I probably missed the keycard thinking it was bills on the floor...
Raf Arin
Raf Arin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:09 pm

What difficulty were you on? Did you record the gameplay footage? Most of my runs have been on Mania, so I don't know if there are indeed alternate layouts other than the two I mentioned on other difficulties, etc, but best to record all the details to figure this out if this is indeed the case and you're not mistaken. It should be testable using level select, too.

edit like a year later: frankly my assumption then was that you were mistaken and didn't correctly record what rooms you saw and I'm assuming that's still the case given the complete lack of response a year later, so unless someone more reliable says otherwise (with video preferably) it's safe to assume there's only the two room layouts

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  neon5916 Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:19 am

I confirm that there is a third floor layout. This happens when the player uses quicksave via F12. When loading this save, the layout changes to this:

Floor 4 (Entrance)
Floor 3: (Double Floor Spark) (Low Ceiling Laser) (Vertical Laser)
Floor 2: (Ground Laser) (Keycard) (Disarm Console)
Floor 1: (Exit and boss fight Shiva, keycard required)

If you save while going through F12 on any level, or even in any of the trap rooms along this root, the layout will change to this type. Works on version 5.2 and 5.1. Maybe 5.0a too.

neon5916

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down