SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Nostalgia v1.1(beta)

4 posters

Go down

Nostalgia - Streets of Nostalgia v1.1(beta) Empty Streets of Nostalgia v1.1(beta)

Post  Manicmagnet Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:38 am

Hey guys!

Version 1.1 Beta of the Streets of Nostalgia mod is now available for all to play.

Please ask for permissions to use any stages I have put together myself(which is all of them currently lol).

And that's it guys! here it is!
(a total of 39 scenes, and 2 endings. It took me a while to do alone.)
Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?yi0sc2az71uppig
4shared - http://www.4shared.com/rar/2_ETJbFN/Streets_of_Nostalgia_v11.html

EDIT: Note! the mod is supposed to be for intermediate to expert players, so it will be difficult purposely. Although difficult, it should still be finishable. If the game seems impossible to beat on 5 lives 3 continues(with or without backup) please let me know! That's crucial to the mod's future Smile

In another note,

I've play tested this mod particularly and have had no problem defeating it myself.
I've also been able to mess around on some of the more harder to master characters and get really far. Mind you, the first serious boss makes you manage 2 difficult mooks and a laser, while himself being very evasive.

In order to defeat this mod, it may take a few play-through's. and I made the timer countdown levels a bit longer, they were originally the 50 sec and 25 seconds, but I made them 75 for the helicopter interior fight, and 50 for the meltdown elevator escape.

However, those original countdown timers were optimal as the fights were still beatable with skill and I designed the levels for them. Only the timers were adjusted.

Last edited by Manicmagnet on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional link)

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia - Streets of Nostalgia v1.1(beta) Empty Re: Streets of Nostalgia v1.1(beta)

Post  6566328 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Can you upload 4shard, because China can not download the resource of mediafire, if you can, be grateful

Signal

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia - Streets of Nostalgia v1.1(beta) Empty Re: Streets of Nostalgia v1.1(beta)

Post  Manicmagnet Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 pm

6566328 wrote:Can you upload 4shard, because China can not download the resource of mediafire, if you can, be grateful

4shared link added Smile

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:05 am

Bump...

Srs guys? no one even tried this mod?

I've been trying to play people's mods and review them, feeling left out my mod reached second to last in list since I last checked it. :f

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 pm

I downloaded, but I found the music is old, so I was a little disappointed

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:44 pm

I think that you need to put some screens, maybe a video, for people get interested (at least, understand what is the idea of your mod)... me, for example, don't have a clue of what your mod is about... maybe a collection of the 3 original SoR games put togheter? If it is, for me don't make too much sense: SoRR for his own it's a collection of the SoR games... i will give a try, but please, fix your post and, explain the idea and put some images in the description.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  argomight Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:39 pm

thenomad wrote: I think that you need to put some screens, maybe a video, for people get interested (at least, understand what is the idea of your mod)... me, for example, don't have a clue of what your mod is about... maybe a collection of the 3 original SoR games put togheter? If it is, for me don't make too much sense: SoRR for his own it's a collection of the SoR games... i will give a try, but please, fix your post and, explain the idea and put some images in the description.

This is a good idea. Please put some representative images and maybe some demo video.

argomight
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Ok, i played. Hate to be the one to say that, but this mod is totally a mess. Bad enemy balance, bad collision map, bad ripped and overused assets. Really, second stage is first stage backwards? At the edge of the bridge, i could walk outside the bridge: you need to put a collision map there. Too much enemies with too much life in first stage (at least 6 fouls with 2 full energy bar), assets is 1 layer only, with background attached to the main layer (you need to rip separately to make background scrolling in a different speed from the main layer), and, c'mon, Turtles in Time assets again? SoR soundtrack again? At least, from stage 6 and forward, some interesting and unusual backgrounds that i haven't see before (but with wrong proportion).

It's clear that the moder has no too much experience with SoR Maker, so i will take this one as a experiment, a learning exercise. As a MOD, don't show anything that worth to a community used to play great mods like Hunter, SoR At Movies, Adams Story, Sor V5 series, Rise of the Black Dragon, Manhunt, Gangs of Fury, and so many others. Hope that my criticism don't bother you too much, but can help you to refining your job, to match the best mods in SoRR community.

Score: 3/10 (bad)
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:29 am

Hey Nomad,

Thank you for the criticism! I like the attitude, but you don't have to get so personal with the expectations (e.g. "Cmon, like really? At LEAST you could such n such" "Like seriously?")

This was my first crack at a mod, I did do it alone as opposed to many other modders, which may have received help from other modders like Don Vecta for example. The hunter series have have multiple contributors as well.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the read because I noticed that there was a lot of input you felt was necessary and I like that. I do however, disagree in the "Balance" of enemies. I made my mods to be hard, extremely hard, This one is pretty packed, and it starts of difficult no doubt, and I think that SHOULD be changed, but I'm mostly satisfied with this mod as I did it in one full benge and have not come back to it to add anything else lol.

Thank you for your input! 3/10 stars, meh, not bad. I mean I literally picked up the SORMaker and started this project. You are right, it was a first experiment. Smile

You should try my other Mod, Mystery Mercenaries? Its a much more involved mod. I haven't added any story, but if you like super difficult fighting experiences, it might be something to look into. Smile

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down