SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Sprite edit

2 posters

Go down

Character Sprite edit Empty Character Sprite edit

Post  digoh Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Is there a way to edit the character sprites? I'd look around and all i found was sprites already modded, but idk how to do it. I have the Pancake installed, but it doesn't work on SORR, only on console's roms. I was willing to mod the SORR sprites, for own purposes, if that's possible...

digoh

Back to top Go down

Character Sprite edit Empty Re: Character Sprite edit

Post  Late goodbye Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:46 pm

digoh wrote:Is there a way to edit the character sprites? I'd look around and all i found was sprites already modded, but idk how to do it. I have the Pancake installed, but it doesn't work on SORR, only on console's roms. I was willing to mod the SORR sprites, for own purposes, if that's possible...

It is, but be prepared for a world of pain - i try to dig myself into that matter also, and it is quite heavy on work hours. You also won't be able to alter the AI of the enemy sprite you want to replace, so there's a certain limitation to keep in mind.

If you're determined to give it a shot, look for the tool "denoiser". It also comes with the tool "noiser", and from what i gather, the latter will put a noise pattern over the images you want to use in SORR. After you've done that, you put these images in the fpg-file of the enemy sprite you want to replace, and adapt the control points accordingly. I'm not nearly deep enough in that subject to offer much guidance, but i can assure you that it can be done:

Character Sprite edit Snapsh10

That ugly placeholder sprite on the left is supposed to replace the "Gold"-Character with a Shotgun-Dude someday. I postponed it for now, but as soon as i have new progress to report, i'd gladly share it. If your intention is to replace a player character, i'd still recommend to practice with enemy sprites first, since they're less heavy on artwork. Seeker (these hopping suicide-robots) would seem like a good start.

Galsia

Back to top Go down