SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RFP: Completing the SOR3 in SORRv5

4 posters

Go down

RFP: Completing the SOR3 in SORRv5 Empty RFP: Completing the SOR3 in SORRv5

Post  Redash Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi,

I am an ex-modder in Dawn of War and Warcraft 3 but only come across this fangame only recently (just yesterday).

I noticed that SORR had only partial SOR3 elements in SORR version 5.

Being a trained coder myself, I would like to help continue SORRv5 development to include the other half of SOR3 elements, namely:

NOTE 1: SOR3 Original Zan, Ash, Shiva, Roo and Super Axel, Super Skate, Super Zan are not in SORR v5
INTENDED SCOPE
> SOR3 Super Axel and Original Zan to be made available for unlock in SORR Shop as Extras.
EDIT:
SOR3 Roo excluded from scope as it already is largely similar to SORR Roo;
SOR3 Ash + Shiva excluded from scope as SOR3 original Shiva and Ash are not properly implemented in the first place in SOR3 and greatly pales in comparison to SORR Ash and Shiva.
Similar to SOR3 Ash and Shiva, Super Zan and Super Skate are "broken" version of themselves that offers very little new gameplay experience hence excluded from scope.

NOTE 2: SORR route temple/shrine stage (SOR3 Stage 5), the three secret routes not available.
INTENDED SCOPE
> To add in the SOR3 original 3 secret rooms as bonus rooms (rather than current linear rooms, not alternate path branches).

NOTE 3: SOR1 and SOR2 storyline are more or less in SORR but SOR3 storyline is only partially in - mainly only the bad endings.
INTENDED SCOPE
> To add in SOR3 other endings and respective scenarios (inclusive of SOR3 Robo Axel), with SOR3 cutscenes and portraits; namely:
a>. SOR3 Robot-Y / Neo-X countdown battle - for the current SORR factory battle with Robot Y/Neo-X, with SOR3 helicopter escape cutscenes - as an extended scene (no new ending - if time out then same SORR death ending, else continue route)

b>. SOR3 rescue captive gas chamber scenario and respective SOR3 cutscenes as an alternate path branch (no new ending) -  add in more textual context as to why there are bombs throughout the city in the first place when players took certain route.
ADDED: Rough details,
Potentially, SORR Rudra's Bamboo Garden stage (after helicopter crashed) can switch with Night Travel stage for a path branch,
BRANCH 1 = Rudra's Bamboo Garden -> Night Travel (BOSS: Boxer)
-> Estate Grounds -> Luxury Lounge -> Elevator (BOSS: Robo X)
-> Escape (BOSS: SOR2 Shiva)
-> SORR VERY BAD, BAD or NEUTRAL ENDING
BRANCH 2 = Rudra's Bamboo Garden -> SOR2 Adam cutscenes (Recap event)
-> SOR3 Estate Grounds (BOSS:Robo Axel?) -> SOR3 Mr.X Complex -> Elevator (BOSS: Robo X)
BRANCH 2a -> SOR3 Gas Chamber Rescue (FAILED)
-> extra dialogue -> SOR3 Press Conference scene (BOSS: SOR3 Shiva)
-> extra SOR3 scenes -> SORR NEUTRAL ENDING
BRANCH 2b -> SOR3 Gas Chamber Rescue (SUCCESS)
-> extra SOR3 scene  -> SOR3 Mr.X Complex Revisit -> SOR3 Elevator (downwards)
-> BOSS: Mr. X (SORR Playable Version) -> SOR3 SPECIAL ENDING (EDITED after replaying SOR3)
EXTRA: If Mode = Easy, then all Mr. X (SOR1 and SOR2) will be replace with Robo X as final boss and will have SOR3 neutral ending cutscene -> SORR NEUTRAL ENDING
*SOR2 Adam cutscenes: Axel and friends rescued Adam but high rank officers were then kidnapped for Mr.X other purpose; AFTER player choose a path, Rudra will provide different details to Axel and team accordingly.

c>. pics of SOR3 characters (seen in credit roll of SOR3 best ending) and all of whatever SOR1, 2 and 3 cutscenes.
*new endings not part of scope with respect to SORR original scope to defeat Mr. X himself (SOR1 or SOR2)

As such, I would like to know with whom do I work with and where do I begin with.

Thanks.

Last edited by Redash on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 6 times in total

Redash
Galsia

Back to top Go down

RFP: Completing the SOR3 in SORRv5 Empty Re: RFP: Completing the SOR3 in SORRv5

Post  Sshadow5001 Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:02 pm

We actually have a Mod that recreates SoR3 in SoRR
http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t455-streets-of-rage-3-ultimate-mod-for-v5
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:36 am

You MIGHT be able to rearrange the levels with some hacking, change cutscene graphics and dialogue but the rest likely isn't possible without the source code.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Redash Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:52 pm

@ Mr.Din: Thanks I will to see try what can be hack apart for update purpose, will give credit accordingly.

@Sshadow5001: No idea that there is already such a mod; though my original intent is not a mod creation. Thanks for the link, I will try out the SOR3 mod, look like a good mod with good effort. Maybe my post request is not require after all Razz

Redash
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Redash Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Spent my Sunday on SOR3U mod.

SOR3U is a good mod, most of SOR3 and even BK3 elements are there; kudos to the team behind this mod.

LIKE:
1. The new watch drop art is an improvement, though the Yen bill drop is weird in the SOR story context.
2. SOR3U Epilogue Stage 3 background design is very well done.
3. SOR3U Epilogue Stage 5 background design is totally superb. (though the sudden shadow appearance of enemies from closed lift doors and Mr. X from nowhere does hamper the experience)
-> interesting to note that SOR3U Epilogue Stage 5 is almost identical to SOR1 last 2 stages (an external lift to Mr. X's penthouse) - though strange as I thought Axel and team helicopter drop in via rooftop.
4. The Hardcore Casual route Biker Stage is brutal yet LOVELY. I love the theme and stage design. Wild and Crazy. Perfect. Plus its Short and Sweet, hence very refreshing.
5. Like the part where both General and Police Chief are involved in the Main Storyline from the beginning till the end.
-> my intent on the captive was about having both of them in the same cell room to be rescued - for simplicity sake Razz

As a player of the SOR3U mod, my only 2 complains would be
i> some stages feel extended - repetitive (if only they are refreshing yet short like the Bikers-only stage)
ii> Playing as Max for SOR3U Epilogue and saw another Max in background...
-> Max is an ex-cop with brains in official Streets of Rage (comics) but SOR3U Max is portrayed as an egoistic less brainy type character... oh well maybe for humor.

Questions:
1. Stage 2 minions came out of closed doors, not sure if there is a restriction on background programming.
2. Main Story Stage 1 Ash/Shiva ferry boat, Stage 3 Bullbozer scene, Stage 5 Secret Rooms and Elevators stage are very different from SOR3 - are there some limitations on modding?
3. SOR3U Stage 3 Construction Site wind can be a bit random unlike SOR3 indication with the flying trash; wonder if this is part of the stage coding limitation.
4. Stage 6 Hardcore gas chamber scenario is different, yet was working as intend with Hardcore casual poison gas scene - are there coding restrictions on ingame events?
5. Robo Axel does not have SOR3 skin color change and death animation - are there extraction issues or modding limitations?
-> Robo Axel feels like SORR Axel and Shiva AI, suspect some coding limitations for SORR mod.
6. SOR3U Stage 4 Train does not provide signal like SOR3 or SORR, is there some coding limitations for subject handling?
*Super Axel and Original Zan are not included, are there some sort of limitations to new character inclusion to SORR as Robo Axel?

Still this mod had almost everything of BK3 and SOR3. Remarkable effort.

Redash
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Redash wrote:Questions:
1. Stage 2 minions came out of closed doors, not sure if there is a restriction on background programming.

this likely to do with the original graphics. Caj wanted to stay as faithful to the original source as possible, so the background graphics wasn't editted to match the shadow intro.

2. Main Story Stage 1 Ash/Shiva ferry boat, Stage 3 Bullbozer scene, Stage 5 Secret Rooms and Elevators stage are very different from SOR3 - are there some limitations on modding?
The bulldozer, ferry boat, secret rooms are hardcoded into the main game and aren't available features in modding, so there were work arounds to get them into the mod as close as possible.

3. SOR3U Stage 3 Construction Site wind can be a bit random unlike SOR3 indication with the flying trash; wonder if this is part of the stage coding limitation.

wind effect is limited in modding

4. Stage 6 Hardcore gas chamber scenario is different, yet was working as intend with Hardcore casual poison gas scene - are there coding restrictions on ingame events?

more work arounds were done to get both versions of the stage in the mod.

5. Robo Axel does not have SOR3 skin color change and death animation - are there extraction issues or modding limitations?
-> Robo Axel feels like SORR Axel and Shiva AI, suspect some coding limitations for SORR mod.

Break/Robo Axel isn't in SoRR at all so he was hacked in as skin and sound replacement for Shiva SoR2, separate palettes were made to replicate the skin color change.

6. SOR3U Stage 4 Train does not provide signal like SOR3 or SORR, is there some coding limitations for subject handling?

signals are hardcoded into SoRR and the minecart feature available in SoRMaker is limited to just having audio cues for which side it's coming from.

*Super Axel and Original Zan are not included, are there some sort of limitations to new character inclusion to SORR as Robo Axel?
there's no available feature that provides us the ability to add characters outside of modding fpg files.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Redash Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks much Mr.Din for giving me an idea of the sandbox I can work with; I need to a bigger spectrum to meet my scope I guess.

Looks like the Bombergames is shutdown of sorts...

Just out of courtesy, would there be any issues if I hack apart his SORRv5.1 to see what can be done for modification?

Redash
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Redash wrote:Thanks much Mr.Din for giving me an idea of the sandbox I can work with; I need to a bigger spectrum to meet my scope I guess.

Looks like the Bombergames is shutdown of sorts...

Just out of courtesy, would there be any issues if I hack apart his SORRv5.1 to see what can be done for modification?

I doubt it.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Akrobaten Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:28 pm

I'm also curious about this. Is it possible to implement a SOR 3 Route in the game like Redash wrote about?

Like a new route in the Route map?

Akrobaten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down