SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now!

+7
cabo-hicks
graylandertagger
Saven
Rapha.7
Cosmo
Groovemaster303
iceweb38
11 posters

Go down

PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now! Empty PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now!

Post  Rapha.7 Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 pm

You know WaterMelon? The same company that brought us Pier Solar for the Mega Drive/Sega Genesis in 2010. They're gonna release a new game for the console, but this time it'll be PAPRIUM (previously known as Project Y), a role-playing beat 'em up (or RPB, as they call it)! It's basically a brawler, like Streets of Rage, but with RPG elements.

Pre-orders have started! Get a 10% discount on PAPRIUM by using this code: 9179434

PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now! PGp8LqcUYv9r4-_gyy-ypGrQFLPMQZQuBdahQeaGwYRvAUq2pkATOWT6Y8zxHVNhX2DGg29I6dfHBzYXwPsKOfGXC-n_8cAR0Jwe3wXkG3PXCbnq1Gv6wjfhzwiU_MHPwJlWupoZjKmLryiSPD_liHaND_pQYLmwmPWnjcmbMbtnsTAERlngRiQ7XJPyjJG2heJXpdRNKWVjXyxJ3YF3AIj96LIf-urStTivgAw3jI7TgGIPsMV1U2HswFws2G4gFoVOMxWWmiGK-Kl1rpnwlzJx-DhvHli5rbvSN9OJJ3PdHFhIrzZjTEf-hsnYHb53trt8is0fU_v4z8Ceq5k_1ZDD6DnCj4AdBZ3s6fAju-8pfbYuJm5JNXcHStovwI_LiJoPsVIDFa9B0iP7uXt90iKlQh0JE5UQ_0nMb_nTvKnJLPR8ilWqTfH7z52POoA3BD1xfvrxDDvGKX54e8DBd_t8JSoQG7d6TZBaTz0XC23-zpG-ZtQeipMOcHy0uvvQsYMpvI4VFqwltcPHLDQ9oNifrmC-Op0QbT1nSsOGBTWXra7gGnAvflP6piML7ene4YqiB_qA=w1920-h1070

Pre-order here: http://paprium.com/

Have a nice purchase!

Last edited by Rapha.7 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

For everything to be right.
Rapha.7
Rapha.7
Galsia

http://r7r7p7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now! Empty Re: PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now!

Post  iceweb38 Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:18 am

Wow finally! This looks awesome!
I hope they'll port it to other consoles as well like they did with Pier Solar.

Groovemaster also uploaded a new sampler of the game OST:

Last edited by iceweb38 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now! Empty Re: PAPRIUM (Project Y) - Pre-order now!

Post  Groovemaster303 Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:19 am

EDIT: Sorry ice, I didn't see you post that link earlier.

https://soundcloud.com/groovemaster303/paprium-music-sampler-v2

Last edited by Groovemaster303 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 pm

I very much want to congratulate Groovemaster along with his trusty sidekick, my good pal Jredd for obtaining the gig, and putting together such an awesome soundtrack. I wouldn't have minded adding to it myself, but those two were kinda picked and i wasn't really recognized at all at the time when the soundtrack was made. Not that i am this recognizable composer now, but i was even more in the background (or the BG, if you will) back then. But i will say i am not disappointed that much as these two did great on their own, and i am happy for them to not only have their cut, but also proud of them to have put together such quality music for such a game. What better way to introduce such a thing as a new genesis beat em up that takes the console to new limits than to have Jredd and Groovemaster on board. These two are responsible for quality collabs on sites like Soundcloud, Battle of the Bits, and UCollective (or 8bitcollective if you want to get oldschool) among others, so it is only fitting that such quality soundtrack would come from them, especially with this new sound hardware that they use that feels almost like 32X. I have to wonder how in the world they are going to fit that in to a normal genesis cartridge, but the NES and i think even the SNES did such a thing with expansion chips, so i am guessing the Genesis shouldn't be left out. If anything, this proves the console may have sadly gotten the shaft back in the day with this type of stuff, but then again, i hardly know what went on behind the scenes there.

That being said, i look forward to seeing the game finally come out. I want to see what becomes of it, i want to see how it ends up looking, how it ends up playing. I look forward to eventually getting the full soundtrack of this game in which i have awaited paitently to hear, especially from someone as close to me as Jredd. It wasn't exactly easy for him keeping this from me as well as the general public, but he kept his cool and was a good enough sport to make sure he held it off until he got the official okay from the devs to even think about handing it out, and even then Groovemaster ended up doing it. It killed him, he wanted to show it more than you can imagine, but he pulled through, he learned to cope by making lots of other awesome stuff in the process, and i think we've got to give him a massive thumbs up for putting up with that for almost four years.

Here's hoping this project will be successful and may potentially pave the way for interesting projects in the future, as well as what may eventually come of Jredd as well as Groovemaster and what future this may have for them once this comes out, but at the same time, i am not betting on it. We will simply just have to see when the time comes.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks Cosmo, I must admit after working on like 60+ tracks and we didn't have permission to share any of them it's very, very frustrating but at the same time understandable because of the circumstances, platform etc. So I think that's how we both coped, by not actually suffering from burnout but just continuing to make music.
Trevin (Jredd) Has gone from strength to strength and has now collaborated with so many people it's unreal. He still loves to create music and he loves working with different people because of how things can turn out.

Myself, well I've managed to achieve a great deal over the years and recently I've gone down to creating more solo based music and my latest batch of tracks I created late last year which fused vocal samples and dance beats I really enjoyed. Jet Set Funk being my favourite because I finally got to make a tune that felt like it came from the same universe as Jet Set Radio.

As for the future, only time will tell. I just hope that when the game finally releases everybody will love the music, the gameplay and that feeling of thinking how the heck is this even possible on a Megadrive.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 pm

Groovemaster303 wrote:that feeling of thinking how the heck is this even possible on a Megadrive.

Oh yeah, absolutely. It's been a long time since people were blown away by the console's capabilities, and to see that again would be quite nice. I myself just barely caught the tale end of that personally as i was born right around the time the genesis started picking up, and also shortly after the SNES started coming out, so i didn't exactly see that happen, but i hear about it a lot and think it would be nice to witness first hand what it's like to be blown away by a genesis game. I am certainly amazed at what they have managed to do. I remember when you put up the old sampler thinking 'there's no way they're gonna fit all this into a sega genesis game, either they're trolling us, or they're gonna cut it down' but when you posted the new sampler and reposted the old one, i started to wonder how they were gonna do this, and as it turns out, they have actually somehow managed to find a way to include all this into the genesis. I look forward to seeing it. Also, i hope Lord Karnage, one of Jredd's favorite reviewers, gets his hands on this, it would make his day to hear him compliment his music. I especially look forward to seeing gameplay footage, and i mean gameplay footage as the game is in its entirety without sounds overlapped. I know that's going to happen eventually, so at this point i am going to have to wait. I might also get this if it gets good enough reviews.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapha.7 Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Cosmo wrote:Also, i hope Lord Karnage, one of Jredd's favorite reviewers, gets his hands on this, it would make his day to hear him compliment his music.

Mark will definitely compliment Jredd's and Groovemaster's music. And being that it's in a new Genesis game, he'll love it!

For everything to be right.
Rapha.7
Rapha.7
Galsia

http://r7r7p7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:22 am

Glad to see this is almost nearing release!

They should've kept Project Y though, Paprium sounds like a weird off-brand of baby wipes.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 am

I'm thinking about buying the GRAND STICK III version thinking that it likely may become a collectors item, but first I want to see if it's price is going to skyrocket in the near future. Any advice on where the price of the collecters edition is going to rise? I know this may sound like a no brainer, but I want to confirm since this would be a big buy.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun May 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Hello? Sorry to double post, but I didn't get any response from the last post I made. I anyone thinks this thread is dead their welcome to lock it. I just wasn't sure if it was. Sorry if it is.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:04 pm

i like the aspect of this homebrew game. looks wonderful is aspect!. Smile

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  mardunaki Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:35 pm

hope someday ppl decrypt all content and we gonna get nice resurces for future SOR Remake mods!
mardunaki
mardunaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Caught a livestream last week of it being played.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1109136448
(game starts at 15:12)

The impression I got was that it looks good, all the specs are impressive, but apparently the gameplay is fairly average.
Not really worth the insane price point then.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockmanxx Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:11 am

Iceferno wrote:Caught a livestream last week of it being played.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1109136448
(game starts at 15:12)The impression I got was that it looks good, all the specs are impressive, but apparently the gameplay is fairly average. Not really worth the insane price point then.
Paprium is one of those games that's selling point is its technological advancements&graphical flair, like Crysis or The Last Guardian.

Paprium just looks like a Sega 32x Game or an early Neo Geo Game, it has superior colours&graphics than a MD but its not comparable to Sor. Sor2's sprites are small but they have fluid animations, better A.I, better level design. Paprium is basically a Tech Demo first and a game second.
Rockmanxx
Rockmanxx
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  MARTIN98 Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:13 am

I seems great. Has this game been released?
MARTIN98
MARTIN98
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down