SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of rage XL edition

2 posters

Go down

Streets of rage XL edition Empty Streets of rage XL edition

Post  celestinx Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:10 am

XL, Streets of rage...

Streets of rage XL has been a dream of mine for a long time and I created a lot of this for my own use. But, I thought, what the hell, why not release it for others, you may or may not like it.
My dream was to have all of the original Streets of rage content and expand on it with extra stages within each level, but, those stages must suit that environment. Also I wanted more story between each part and cut scenes to explain why they suddenly appear from one place to another which the original did not offer…

This mod will be 5 separated mods which link in with the story, some of the story has been changed slightly and only one route is allowed… No bad ending for sor1 or sor3… But Sor3 once city hall has finished they then will go to the labs which I always wanted… Why one or the other, why not both?...

First of all this mod would not be possible without the great CajNatalie as her collection mods is what the original SOR levels have been based upon, so a lot of rips, layers and enemies placements have been built up from her mod. That also includes those that helped such as Don Vecta. There have been many other rips and bits from other contributors and I will add a list of those that I can remember, those that I don’t can be added later if you ask. Please remember this was originally for myself so I did not keep track of where I got things from… Please do not think of this a stealing anything and taking credit.

So this is mainly an expansion mod and will be as follows:

Streets of rage 1 XL [99% completed] (some graphical changes need to be made)
Streets of rage 2 XL [100% complete]
Streets of rage 3 XL [100% complete]
Streets of rage 4 XL [100% complete]
Streets of rage 5, clean up-op
5 - This is more of a mini mod to finish off the story. Mr X is dead, this mod is just about the gang mopping up any leftover syndicate members. [35% complete]

Out of respect to Caj, even if I finish 100% I have voluntarily decided to wait until the SOR3 collection mod has been out for at least 3 months.

My release date will be the end of November.

Despite many stages being complete I do not wish to share too much… so…
Here is an early 2 stage only demo for you, these chosen levels are not yet finalized and they do not link in any way (Story has been removed for the demo).

Link: Limited to 10 downloads, 11 people downloaded this, link has been removed until release date.

In-fact the second stage has changed a lot from this  Jun 12th demo version, I just don't want to give out the better version yet. clown This is only to give you an idea of what this mod is and will be.

Streets of rage XL edition S10

Last edited by celestinx on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Streets of rage XL edition Empty Re: Streets of rage XL edition

Post  Don Vecta Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:04 am

Okay first big mistake: starting at the top of the scene with enemies rushing immediately after you. Not only visibility is bad, but enemies rushing you down as soon the game beings is not fun. Give space to the enemies to pop up.

Besides that little problem, the whole scene is gorgeous.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:50 am

Don Vecta wrote:Okay first big mistake: starting at the top of the scene with enemies rushing immediately after you. Not only visibility is bad, but enemies rushing you down as soon the game beings is not fun. Give space to the enemies to pop up.

Besides that little problem, the whole scene is gorgeous.

Okay, thanks for the feedback, I'll take note of that.
The idea was that it is carrying on the action from the previous stage as it isn't level one, it is stage 4h or something like that. I could still make some adjustments as even in the newer version the enemies placements remain the same. As for the second stage of the demo that has changed a lot already.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down