SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My playground

+7
crystalix
Doomerzan
Danshimaru
Mr.Din
Hedgehog45
JoyJoyfulRabbit
celestinx
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My playground Empty My playground

Post  crystalix Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:25 am

I created this topic for my current and future mods.

So mods with Chun-Li and Vegeta are finished, then I focus from now on second part for Sonic V2.

Last edited by crystalix on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:48 pm; edited 9 times in total
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

My playground Empty Re: My playground

Post  celestinx Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:23 pm

How do you choose what Character to replace?
By random or by frames & sizes?
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Is this character replace similar to V4's?

No way to edit hitbox and damage against enemies?

also this came into my mind from Bombergames forum after I saw Vegeta and Denoiser :U

badjab wrote:V5. I signed up for SoR Remake, not a mugen beat em' up.

JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalix Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:29 pm

celestinx wrote:How do you choose what Character to replace?
By random or by frames & sizes?

Definitely by frames, first pick for Chun-Li was Blaze but her special attack wasn't good for Chun-li's lightning kick so I decided for Axel.

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:Is this character replace similar to V4's?

I don't know what kind of character replace was in V4, I played without any mods back then. You can edit hitbox for characters but I don't know about damage against enemies, because there are still control points, which I don't know what they are for, and I did not check them thoroughly yet.

badjab wrote:V5. I signed up for SoR Remake, not a mugen beat em' up.

If it is present opinion, I just stop doing this, because I don't want to do anything against the will one member of team which made this great game and put a lot work in this project. So let me know or just delete my topics about this kind mods.
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:57 pm

crystalix wrote:

I don't know what kind of character replace was in V4, I played without any mods back then. You can edit hitbox for characters but I don't know about damage against enemies, because there are still control points, which I don't know what they are for, and I did not check them thoroughly yet.

I see... V4 just replace character sprites over original one (like Maz on Axel in V4) but original just remind same (Mind my english :U damn... )

Edit: and I don't care if you stop or not. I am sure some people put some fan characters and unused characters from SORs... blah.. :U
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:32 pm

crystalix wrote:
If it is present opinion, I just stop doing this, because I don't want to do anything against the will one member of team which made this great game and put a lot work in this project. So let me know or just delete my topics about this kind mods.

No one has said to stop, i think everyone supports this, other members are also working on similar things.

V4 just replace character sprites over original one (like Maz on Axel in V4) but original just remind same (Mind my english :U damn... )

Edit: and I don't care if you stop or not. I am sure some people put some fan characters and unused characters from SORs... blah.. :U

It is not about painting over another character, it is about replacing frames within the FPG file with your own sprites, the moves, look and feel are different. If you play the mod Character: Vegeta you can see that the play is not using the same attacks as the replaced character. I see this as a future way to bring in the SMS enemies back into SORR which would help your sor beta mod and as we all know Caj has already worked on Brek the Axel robot from SOR3 to be an enemies boss...

We will start to see some great things, and users can pick and choose what files they want active during a given play...
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:22 pm

celestinx wrote:
crystalix wrote:

No one has said to stop, i think everyone supports this, other members are also working on similar things.

V4 just replace character sprites over original one (like Maz on Axel in V4) but original just remind same (Mind my english :U damn... )

It is not about painting over another character, it is about replacing frames within the FPG file with your own sprites, the moves, look and feel are different. If you play the mod Character: Vegeta you can see that the play is not using the same attacks as the replaced character. I see this as a future way to bring in the SMS enemies back into SORR which would help your sor beta mod and as we all know Caj has already worked on Brek the Axel robot from SOR3 to be an enemies boss...

We will start to see some great things, and users can pick and choose what files they want active during a given play...

its awesome that someone will make characters from SOR beta and cancelled like:

Rudra as Erie
Ash as Fresh Prince.. I mean Adam look-alike
Shiva as unnamed wrestler
Barbon as Hockey Mask man with chain
Robot X as Rocket old man

(I never forget Burn :U ) yeah...Its cool to replace with different attack like SOR Pancake. I wish I can do that on Barbon but I don't want to ruin it... >_>
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalix Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:01 pm

I apologize for the lack of replies to this topic as well as several other but right now I don't have any time for sorr and mods, it's almost 11pm here and I just came back from the work. Two or three weeks and I should have much more free time, so then I resume progress with all my mods and I will be able to answer every question.
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalix Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Updated first post with new video showing chun-li with done all basic moves, throws, no star blitz attack, jumps and changed special attack.
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Since I was mentioned, I'm neutral in all of this. I know someone who made a bunch of swaps for his own personal use, and that's cool - I enjoy his creations.
Once you start making it more commonplace for everyone to go out of SoR territory with player swaps it gets... I dunno...

Let's just say I don't care to look at the Vegeta file, or the upcoming Chun Li.

I'm interested in playable... let's say... Mona & Lisa, and maybe playable welldesignedtofittheartstyle custom character (eg: Maz & Rudra) but not playable other-universe.
Even then...
...if palettes aren't customisable - not interested.
...if control points aren't perfectly placed to create pristine animation quality - not interested.

tl;dr Keep going, I'm personally not interested. Razz b

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalix Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:51 pm

I can fully understand you, I had the same feelings about replacing characters while playing v4.

But my thoughts have changed a little bit, I'm doing this for a little refreshment, anyway after chun-li I'm done with changing characters, it's a very time consuming, more complicated to do then creating a new map and it requiers more skills at sprite editing in which I'm very weak, and the final result in the best case is just good, it's not enough for me, so I'll leave character mods for more experienced people, like you.

Once again good job with BKM Axel and Blaze, I can't wait for Blaze especially, she's perfect Smile

Also, still I don't know how to do customisable palettes.
Just checked Chun-Li and there are just two palletes which change colours on character, no idea why others palettes won't change any colour.
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:21 am

I share Caj's opinion. I do LOVE custom characters and custom enemies. I really do... but definitely they should be done into perfection, which means perfect palettes, proper hitboxes and properties tweaked with control points and no other weird universe characters. I like unique ones or certain enemies turned into good guys... or good guys turned heel.

Once again, just my two cents.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:42 am

We shouldn't discourage users from creating mods, no matter our personal tastes.

Personally, as i have said before, my dream is to have the CPU playable characters become enemies.

I would love to fight MAX or ZAN as a boss!...

Also Caj.. Who is MAZ?...
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Hedgehog45 Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:15 am

celestinx wrote:

Hedgehog45
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalix Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:57 am

We shouldn't discourage users from creating mods, no matter our personal tastes. wrote:

Presonally I don't treat this as discourage.
I agree with them, that's why I want to do this as good as I can, but unfortunately it is beyond my ability.

During creating mod with Vegeta, I didn't want to publish him, it was just a test and I wanted to see how it works, I changed my mind because the final result was better then I tought. It was good, but not perfect, Chun-Li will not be perfect either, that's why I don't want to do next character and I would rather make a new map.

i think right now about something smaller, more simple which will be connected with my sonic mod.
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Hedgehog45 wrote:
celestinx wrote:

That was.... Abadede, right?

Those control points are so messed up, though. Nice attempt.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Hedgehog45 Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
That was.... Abadede, right?
Right.  Wink
Don Vecta wrote:
Those control points are so messed up, though. Nice attempt.
Yes, the control points need fixes. This is not the latest version is shown in the video.

Hedgehog45
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm on the fence, I wouldn't mind other world characters if they fit the tone of the game, Sketch Turner, Lucia, Haggar, Joe Musashi? certainly, Earthworm Jim? Not so much but I'm with celestinx, it's a little hypocritical to play the mods we play then turn around and say the characters aren't okay (SoR at the movies anyone? Sonic? etc) I say if the effort is put into it and trust me A LOT of effort will be required then I say go ham.

There's a ton of untapped potential with these hacks however that needs to be addressed. Full blown mods turned into games, the rushing beat mod? imagine the character conversions into Rushing Beat characters, Enemies too. A DD Crew that actually plays decent and is fun? sign me up! That Riot Zone mod is already on it's way. Of course it'll take some creativity and some elbow grease but you get what I mean.

That said the vegeta mod was pretty fun, I didn't keep it in too long but it wasn't bad at all for a starting project. Chun Li should be interesting even though I would prefer Lucia (hey she's an american cop it's more likely Razz). If I weren't preoccupied I'd offer to finish my cop costume chun for such a mod.

Evil Max looks fun, could definitely tell it was abedede and certainly the best match, you know if Criss is okay with it maybe you can get that clothesline animation he did for the charging move, just a suggestion. Smile

Edit: here it is
My playground Shhh2

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:37 am

Hedgehog45 wrote:
celestinx wrote:

Great work Hedgehog45 and I'm glad you have joined this forum, I like your mods and have been a follower of the Russian website for quite awhile now, unfortunately i cannot join with a phone number. Sad

I created a thread for your newest mod because i did not know you were a member here, next time you make a mod you can create your own thread. I enjoyed the neon mod, well done.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Hedgehog45 Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:24 am

celestinx wrote:
Great work Hedgehog45 and I'm glad you have joined this forum, I like your mods and have been a follower of the Russian website for quite awhile now, unfortunately i cannot join with a phone number. Sad
I am also happy to join the forum. Wink
celestinx wrote:
I created a thread for your newest mod because i did not know you were a member here, next time you make a mod you can create your own thread.
Okay.
celestinx wrote:
I enjoyed the neon mod, well done.
Thank you for the nice words!

Hedgehog45
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Danshimaru Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 pm

I dreamed of playing with Cody final fight in mod Mighty Final Fight ex Don Vecta !!!
I can not wait all this come true... I love you
Danshimaru
Danshimaru
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Danshimaru wrote:I dreamed of playing with Cody final fight in mod Mighty Final Fight ex Don Vecta !!!
I can not wait all this come true... I love you

Well, if you're up to it, I'd say welcome. Razz

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomerzan Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:10 am

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:
crystalix wrote:

I see... V4 just replace character sprites over original one (like Maz on Axel in V4) but original just remind same (Mind my english :U damn... )

Speaking of Maz, maybe she would be fun if she was playable in the current version of SORR.
Can somebody work on her. I am terrible at sprites and I don't know how to extract the sprites from the v4 mod files for her.
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:56 pm

And then Maz, Blaze, Rudra and Elle are really to action against boys :U
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomerzan Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 pm

What even is the origin of Maz? (PS: how to you extract sprites from sorrv4 files? I am going to try to mod Maz in myself.).
Edit: I figured out how to do it. they were secretly fpg files., but I still need somebody else to do this for me, because I tried putting the v4 file into the data folder for v5 and it needed to be cleaned with the denoiser and the hits are very off.
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum