SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition

+29
Raf Arin
Jason8956
oracle
vuLCan Karayan
bufs
YMB9Shinzou
Puzirkov
mariocanales
Sshadow5001
Swamp
Kyu Rain
BareKnuckleRoo2
graylandertagger
Doomerzan
crystalix
JoyJoyfulRabbit
KOManiacJim
scalliano
Security
celestinx
BigDarsh
Rocketeer Raccoon
DamianD
William Assunção
Charco
Tarma
bazzza
Mr.Din
Don Vecta
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

don vecta - Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition

Post  Charco Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Played the BKM route last night on the big tv, very well made and really polished. Keep up the good work! Very Happy

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

don vecta - Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:03 am

Charco wrote:Played the BKM route last night on the big tv, very well made and really polished. Keep up the good work! Very Happy
It's the one we all chipped in and overworked to add in.
Glad you and everyone else are enjoying it so much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:05 am

Someone else is been playing it, too Very Happy

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:42 am

Wrong aspect ratio, can't watch!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:55 am

Nice run, I watched it on youtube because it is forbidden to watch it on the board.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Charco wrote:Wrong aspect ratio, can't watch!
Lol, yeah Chan stretches it to 16:9 for some reason. Razz

This is still gonna be great to watch though even with the stretchy. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:16 am

Some time ago i played the other routes, to be honest my favourite is still the bare knuckle mobile, the GG is ok but is pretty short, SMS is good but is tedious sometimes [ mainly with 1p mode ] MD route is the "traditional" route, so without any new stuff compared to the older versions of SOR 1 mod apart from the stages with better rip.

So the best route of the mod is...Bare Knuckle Mobile! to me is perfect! is balanced, awesome and fun to play. Smile The only bad things about this route is the lack of the Dilapidated Town and the images of Good Ending, like the MD version.

1: BKM route
2: SOR1 MD route
3: SOR1 SMS route
4: SOR1 GG route.

and the final note of this mod is: 10/10 good work Caj, now, good luck with the SOR2 & SOR3 for 5.1 Wink
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Here it is, my very first longplay recorded (so you can see my gameplay style, nothing fancy, though). Razz

I had to start with this mod and this route. I truly like this one! Sorry about the sudden pauses, gf was bugging me. Enjoy~!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:36 pm

CajNatalie Thank you for giving SOR1 the treatment it deserves, this is a playable museum piece.

Streets of rage mobile is quite interesting, I either forgot or didn't know about that game, I think i assumed it was just another Sega cash it and re-release of SOR, i dint know it had updated graphics.

I enjoyed it, but, maybe it is my age, but, it is SOR, yet, doesn't feel like SOR... I enjoyed it, but the original SOR still does it for me. Some stages look great and fit, others look TOO good. I'm not sure if you know what I am trying to say, i dono how to describe it. It was a fun experience none the less and that's the whole point.

I compared the graphics from the original MD/Mobile and SORR.. I noticed the bridge level from the mobile is so close to SORR's yet, bombergames version wins on most of the comparisons between SORmobile and remake.

Personally I like having the MD version as a standalone mod/game.. It's like when you get that 6 in one games on the MD and one is SOR... I still like owning the game on it's own.. I'm a weirdo like that.

10/10 Keep them coming Caj I love you

Last edited by celestinx on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:56 pm

I think you're one of the best to appreciate this mod for its new intentions.
Highlighting and showcasing the original efforts through V5's engine, not replacing or taking over it.

FYI this is part of the reason I hate uploads of this mod with swapped music "God damnit don't throw Yuzo's work in the bin!". Razz  

Yeah, note to anyone doing uploads, please don't trash Yuzo's work for shitty (99% of the time) remixes.

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:51 am

I compared the graphics from the original MD/Mobile and SORR.. I noticed the bridge level from the mobile is so close to SORR's yet, bombergames version wins on most of the comparisons between SORmobile and remake.

Yes, the BKM have beaufitul stages, mainly the bridge, ship and the syndicate HQ are much beautiful, and yes, mostly of them are comparable with the remake [ obvius the SORR stages wins  Laughing ]

CajNatalie wrote:I think you're one of the best to appreciate this mod for its new intentions.
Highlighting and showcasing the original efforts through V5's engine, not replacing or taking over it.

FYI this is part of the reason I hate uploads of this mod with swapped music "God damnit don't throw Yuzo's work in the bin!". Razz  

Yeah, note to anyone doing uploads, please don't trash Yuzo's work for shitty (99% of the time) remixes.

Yeah, gladly i'm very selecionist and i only choose very good remixes in my case [ by now the only route with 100% of the OST swapped is the MD one, the SMS one only the Inner City, Moon Beach and Freighter Elevator and the GG one only the factory level. ] BKM one will stay with your soundtrack, yes i liked that OST Smile ]
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:15 am

*facedesk*
That's the exact freaking opposite of my point.

I kept Yuzo in the title screen, and put a SPECIAL THANKS to Yuzo Koshiro in the personal credits image, all as part of the mod because some of the purpose of the mod is to say
"Hey, this guy, Yuzo Koshiro, made amazing music with the console notorious for sounding horrible."
I can understand the stretch of replacing the 8-bit music, since no matter how well made or pleasant it can sound, it's an acquired taste that some people will automatically feel dislike to.

I hope you simply failed to translate what I said, and nothing else.

Honestly, swapping is fine -on its own-, but don't upload it like that as if that's what I was going for with the mod. Better be a damn good player like Chan or something.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 am

It's hard to report that but I back you up. People are ok to upload with enemis palettes, are ok to upload with enemy placement, are ok to upload with the layers, but cutsomize/replace/remove sound effects and music like those was a-not-so-important-part of the mod.

"that's only music you know".

I want to say

"that's only drawing you know"

I don't want to bring a mess or anything. Just to say "in public", that I so share your opinion CajNatalie. Music is underrated or devaluated, and it's sad (nothing more than sad). Embarassed

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:12 am

I liked the new levels before the lift, one is a ally in the MD version, Is that an original input you decided on or did i somehow change route to another sor version?..

Also the SORmobile level where you jump onto the lift, i like these little extras that show how the player got from one area to the next.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:30 am

Call Murphy in the original MD. There's your pre-Stage 7 scene, even scrolled back the same distance as the camera goes when he's called. Wink

Placement there was just Vecta and I having fun with the 'GG' palette. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:29 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Call Murphy in the original MD. There's your pre-Stage 7 scene, even scrolled back the same distance as the camera goes when he's called. Wink

Placement there was just Vecta and I having fun with the 'GG' palette. Very Happy

Ha, i never knew (tho I must have used Murphy there as a kid). What a great idea, getting truly everything from the game as possible, I love it.

Great job, I'm looking forward to the same dedication in sor2. Although i am not yet done with this mod.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Are you tuff 'e'nuff to sit on Mr. X's chair? Twisted Evil

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:59 pm

I LOVED this mod! Please keep up the good work and pretty please, keep it coming! I can't wait for Ultimate 3 new mod! Yes, the one that is currently in works!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:59 am

Absolutely blown away by the BKM route. It really was the final piece in the puzzle AFAIC.

Now, if only there were some way to get Blaze's BKM sprites in there ...
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:17 am

scalliano wrote:Absolutely blown away by the BKM route. It really was the final piece in the puzzle AFAIC.

Now, if only there were some way to get Blaze's BKM sprites in there ...
They already are.
I just never perfected the files because I've been busy with other things.
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:36 pm

I finished the mod. My English language level is not good enough to make an interesting review, but I will say it is awesome.

The previous SoR1 mod was very good. This one is great. Thumbs up
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:58 am

Today i beat it in Mania difficulty! Quite enjoyable experience. Original (mega drive) route!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 am

This video is me playing this great MOD took the MD route, but also the route to claim the Syndicate so I was playing on Mania. Also this is perhaps the some of the best I have ever played, I was play out of my skin. I was also not that cautious and foes were getting fired into pits and chucked of the elevator left right and center. Still got the bad ending but hell with it was great. Caj might actually like this one  Very Happy

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:18 am

Let's celebrate 25 years of THE experience~!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  KOManiacJim Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:47 pm

What if I decided to play as a hero other than Axel, Blaze and Adam? I guess a handwave will be "Well, Time to let my big bro/best friends take all the credit since I am/we are not in the original SOR."

And about Adam and Zan in the SOR 2 collection, and Adam and Max in "SOR 3 EPIC?" (Yes, "SOR 3 EPIC." It's my code name for that project of yours you're working on.) My handwave for that is that is that they're actually robotic doppelgangers who are programmed to assist the heroes of that game. (For Zan in SOR 2 see first handwave of "letting Axel, Blaze, Skate and Max have all the credit" since Adam is captured and robotic copy makes sense in Player Character Adam.) It is also true for Duplicate Hero Characters in case the "Same Select" cheat is turned on for all the collections and remakes.

And also, before the battle begins, the Herogangers can be programmed with a different mindset for each session, or you can have a Second Player assist you. But if the computer is playing as your partner and teammate then won't that make them Herogangers too?

...Oh right, I've answered my own question. They are machine operated and you can make them as smart or stupid as you want.

P.S. No villains are allowed in my control except Roo and Shiva Jonah Ninjor. I think Shiva is sometimes a hero... If not then I can make an exception.
The Reason for the "No Villain Control Rule" is that Evildoers will stop at nothing to sabotage our heroes. (Also, I think Ash Dancer can be Camp Metro which I think is queer mannerisms but goes for the straight relationships.)

KOManiacJim
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next