SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters-

+2
Charco
KaiserDragoon69
6 posters

Go down

With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters- Empty With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters-

Post  KaiserDragoon69 Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:41 am

is there a possibility of Streets of Rage Remake having an update with a similar feature where you can switch your character between stages? Either that, or the less likely possibility of 4 characters playing simultaneously?
KaiserDragoon69
KaiserDragoon69
Galsia

Back to top Go down

With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters- Empty Re: With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters-

Post  Charco Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 am

Nope.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters- Empty Re: With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters-

Post  KaiserDragoon69 Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:49 am

Why not?
KaiserDragoon69
KaiserDragoon69
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am

Because the game came out in April 2011 and it's finished?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:22 pm

Yup, SORR is finished since 2011.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Not to mention the hassle of breaking game balance the bugs/slowdowns that would come along with 4 players. The game was designed with at least two players in mind. It would be a major clusterfuck to redo with 4 players now that:
- you have to remake the enemy count/scaling for each difficulty which would result in increasing the max amount of enemies per scene
- creating areas that are designed with 4 players on top of a shitload amount of enemies on screen so that it wouldn't be hard to navigate/constant slowdown on screen
- making sure that the game is still properly challenging and not just random spikes of difficulty to come along with the change or it being all of a sudden too hard
- making sure the engine is stable at all times so that it doesn't crash along with making sure the game runs fluidly at 60FPS at all times.

There are a lot of things that you would have to consider if one were to make a 4 player mode on this. Thats just the start.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Saven wrote:Not to mention the hassle of breaking game balance the bugs/slowdowns that would come along with 4 players. The game was designed with at least two players in mind. It would be a major clusterfuck to redo with 4 players now that:
- you have to remake the enemy count/scaling for each difficulty which would result in increasing the max amount of enemies per scene
- creating areas that are designed with 4 players on top of a shitload amount of enemies on screen so that it wouldn't be hard to navigate/constant slowdown on screen
- making sure that the game is still properly challenging and not just random spikes of difficulty to come along with the change or it being all of a sudden too hard
- making sure the engine is stable at all times so that it doesn't crash along with making sure the game runs fluidly at 60FPS at all times.

There are a lot of things that you would have to consider if one were to make a 4 player mode on this. Thats just the start.
I'm glad someone gets this, so tired of "hurr durr just make it 4 players" no offense to kaiser as I mean generally I see this so much for many fan beat em ups. It's not as simple as just adding the feature, Brawlers are often built around the number of players featured and when they aren't (looking at you DD Crew) it becomes a total mess. I've seen this time after time with OBoR mods where all 4 players on screen just causes clutter and boring game play.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Agreed to everything above.

With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters- SOR3ShyningbyZanaxel-SupremeRulerim With Streets of Rage 2 for 3DS having quartet mode; where you can use all 4 characters- BombergamesSEGALogoAnim
Shyning77
Shyning77
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 pm

If SoRR were still in development though I wouldn't mind a similar feature. I always liked being able to switch characters between stages in games like rushing beat.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KaiserDragoon69 Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Mr.Din wrote:If SoRR were still in development though I wouldn't mind a similar feature. I always liked being able to switch characters between stages in games like rushing beat.
Right, exactly. Isn't this do-able at least? (I like how everyone ignored this part of the post)
KaiserDragoon69
KaiserDragoon69
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:23 pm

KaiserDragoon69 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:If SoRR were still in development though I wouldn't mind a similar feature. I always liked being able to switch characters between stages in games like rushing beat.
Right, exactly. Isn't this do-able at least? (I like how everyone ignored this part of the post)

Well, the game did cease development in 2011 because of Sega (even with the new patches that leaked were dated in 2011), so I doubt it at this point.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Locking this as this has now been clarified. Please use the questions thread here for future questions, thanks.

http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t2p175-questions-how-to-s

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down