SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINISH HIM! (The Mortal Kombat Thread)

+10
BigDarsh
Benny26
Shadow Fist King
iceweb38
Don Vecta
NeoVamp
Mr.Din
Charco
badjab326
Saven
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FINISH HIM! (The Mortal Kombat Thread) Empty FINISH HIM! (The Mortal Kombat Thread)

Post  Saven Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 pm

We had quite a large group of MK fans over on the older forum so I guess it would be a good idea to make another topic centered around it here too.

Unfortunately, there are no big news of MK as of late as NetherRealms is working on a new fighting game at the moment.....so. Laughing
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

FINISH HIM! (The Mortal Kombat Thread) Empty Re: FINISH HIM! (The Mortal Kombat Thread)

Post  badjab326 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Well MK9 made it back to EVO despite the fact that Injustice will be out between now and EVO. So MK lives on Very Happy

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

FINISH HIM! (The Mortal Kombat Thread) Empty Re: FINISH HIM! (The Mortal Kombat Thread)

Post  Charco Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 pm

I see Aquaman has been added to the roster for Injustice, could be interesting.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 pm

So NRS about that hd collection...

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:59 am

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed May 22, 2013 7:18 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/22/mortal-kombat-9-komplete-edition-hits-pc-digital-release-july-3-retail-version-drops-august-6/#comments

So MK: Komplete Edition is coming to PC. Get ready to see a ton of fan-modded classic costumes that us console guys will never get to use Sad.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Yesssssssssssss we'll make skins of ourselves! see me rip off Criss' head!!

followed by hitting Saven in the balls, and setting Don Vecta on fire!!!

UPPERCUT BADJAB INTO THE ACID!

I'm.. a violent man. Neutral
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Who would we replace? I call dibs on Reptile.

(inb4yougottabeJAX lol)

Also John Tobias started a blog and posted a story about the 1st kid to discover a fatality in MK.

http://therealsaibot.com/2012/06/14/hello-world/

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Scorpion confirmed for Injustice!

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:19 pm

I saw that coming miles away. *yawn*

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:36 am

I'm Happy for boon, would've preferred another DC character but it has to be fucking sweet to have your character redesigned by Jim Lee of all people. Scorpion actually looks fun to play, like the new look and set of moves, definitely came out a lot better than expected even though I really didn't have high expectations or hopes for this. oh and YUSH MANHUNTER TEASE!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:25 pm

So I just heard Kevin Tancharoen has quit working on the Mortal Kombat movie and they're now looking for a new producer. This isn't looking good

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Did you ever read the synopsis for it? It sounded like crap to begin with.

it was set to follow a supermarket employee who discovers that he has out of this world powers, and Jax, Kabal, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were set to make appearances.

Last edited by badjab326 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

A...supermarket...employee...with...powers...? Thumbs down Authority Facepalm with a Desk 

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:05 pm

badjab326 wrote:Did you ever read the synopsis for it? It sounded like crap to begin with.

Yep, when I heard that a producer steps down from a MK move or a video game movie, I just think it might not be all that bad and we will never see another video game get pissed on.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Saven wrote:Yep, when I heard that a producer steps down from a MK move or a video game movie, I just think it might not be all that bad and we will never see another video game get pissed on.
If only that had been true for the films that were made by Uwe Boll...

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:28 am

Shadow Fist King wrote:
Saven wrote:Yep, when I heard that a producer steps down from a MK move or a video game movie, I just think it might not be all that bad and we will never see another video game get pissed on.
If only that had been true for the films that were made by Uwe Boll...
Or any video game movie for that matter.

I can't really think of a video game movie that was really, really good. The first MK movie was really the only one that I consider to be any good.

Although I do have a soft spot for the SF and SMB movies for being so laughably bad that they both end up being enjoyable somehow in their own respective ways. Razz 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:46 am

Saven wrote:I can't really think of a video game movie that was really, really good. The first MK movie was really the only one that I consider to be any good.

Although I do have a soft spot for the SF and SMB movies for being so laughably bad that they both end up being enjoyable somehow in their own respective ways. Razz 
Well, yeah, the first MK movie will always be memorable to me for at least sticking to the basic outline of the original game. And for having the Liu Kang vs. Reptile fight, the single best fight in the WHOLE movie. xD Unfortunately, MK: Annihilation was utterly messed up because they wanted to push too many characters into the story while sacrificing continuity and faithfulness to the games...although its one saving grace was the Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion fight (with Jax vs. Cyrax being a very close second in my book), but even that fight couldn't redeem the movie at all.

The Street Fighter movie...Raul Julia did it so his family would have something to remember him by, because his kids were SF fans and they picked that role for him as his last role. D'aaaw. Legend of Chun Li, on the other hand...KILL IT WITH FIRE AND DOUSE THE ASHES IN ACID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMB...I say meh. Although it was counted as the #1 worst video game movie ever made.

And I also want to touch on the Double Dragon movie, if I may...as the TV Tropes website said, it's better if you watch the JCVD movie Double Impact and just pretend Chad and Alex are really Billy and Jimmy.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:55 am

Saven wrote:

I can't really think of a video game movie that was really, really good. The first MK movie was really the only one that I consider to be any good.
Hmmm Silent Hill? At least the first one was spot on.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

I found "Hitman" to be one of the best^^

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Benny26 wrote:I found "Hitman" to be one of the best^^
Oh yeah, that was an enjoyable one too.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Saven wrote:

Hmmm Silent Hill? At least the first one was spot on.
Silent Hill was alright. I liked the first half hour (or at least up until after the school section is over). But after that, it went downhill for me. Didn't really care too much for the witchcraft storyline that the movie went for and thought it got somewhat silly in the climax at the church.

But one of the better VG movies ever made for sure though. Midwich Elementary was my favorite moment in any VG movie ever made by far. That part was well done, considering how highly I hold that part in the game. Smile

Never seen the Hitman movie nor have I ever played any of the games. So, I can't comment on that.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:16 am

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 am

Apparently yeah, can't wait to find out more!
Maybe at E3 2014?

But then again, a few years ago, it was planned that they would sync a MK movie and game release.
But I don't know if it's still in their plan since Kevin Tancharoen resigned.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:26 am

iceweb38 wrote:Apparently yeah, can't wait to find out more!
Maybe at E3 2014?

But then again, a few years ago, it was planned that they would sync a MK movie and game release.
But I don't know if it's still in their plan since Kevin Tancharoen resigned.

Just release Shaolin Monks HD on the PSN already!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next