SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorr Mod - Captain Commando

+6
Charco
Don Vecta
Saven
Tarma
pop man 1989
Cm_Blast
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Captain Commando - Sorr Mod - Captain Commando Empty Sorr Mod - Captain Commando

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello people, here I come to bring my newest mod, one based on "Captain Commando" arcade by Capcom.

Here we go!

Features:
- The 9 full levels ripped myself from the original arcade.
- Animated scenarios, music, palettes and custom names obtained from the arcade (2 of them are diagonal).
- The health of the enemies has been increased considerably to extend the life of the game (compared to the original).
- My own version of Level 5 with 100 enemies across the screen!
- The enemies are placed as close as possible to the original.

NEW THINGS:
- Special specifications levels on normal, hard and very hard.
-> Normal = playing the original arcade at 1 player.
-> Hard = 2 players
-> Very hard = 3 players
- New intros: blinky instead of static
- Dopple have now 1,5 life bars (each one) instead 2 (in hard and very hard there are more doppels).
- With very hard there is a new Doppel, so copy again de palettes (just for add the name "Doppel" to the new enemy).

Special notes:
After passing the stage 5 the game will say "Stage 5 start", but will appear in a different scene.
Activate the cheat "hold the weapon to finish the level" (some scenes are really short).

Little update:
Now the bosses have less health in easy, normal and hard levels: x2.5 for easy, x3 for normal and x3.5 for hard.

Final Update to modern era:
- Stage X Start/clear removed.
- Middle cutscenes centred and a new final cutscene.
- Custom items.
- Enemies on "Hard or above" have been changed to "only 2 players".
- Tiger replaced by Soozie.
- Jack replaced by Garcia2.
- Most of the health of the enemies has been greatly reduced.
- Health bosses drastically reduced and adjusted to the original game.
* The health of the bosses does not scale with difficulty, except for very hard/mania.
* The total duration of the mod has decreased noticeably.
- Music extended (no loop).
- Enemies added in the final battle (all difficulty).
- Stages 5-1 and 5-2 (port) now are static.
- Boss battle against Dr.T.W. now it is timed.
* Extra score for defeating him before time runs out.
- Cheat to maintain the weapon when changing scene is still necessary.
* For deleting the "stage X start/Clear" a new bug happens: The character will drop the weapon when entering a new scene.
- Various adjustments in food and weapons.
* Less powerful firearms to compensate for the new reduced health of enemies.
- Enemies with very low health (die at one hit) are prone to drop food.

2018 Update:
- Timer boss battle has a little less health for easy to hard. For very hard/mania his health has been drastically reduced (have a bit more compared to easy/hard).
- Due a mistake, on one battle were appearing two bosses instead one when playing on very hard or mania.

Screen Shots:
Captain Commando - Sorr Mod - Captain Commando Muestr11
Captain Commando - Sorr Mod - Captain Commando Muestr13

And a short video:

Links:

Download here
https://mega.nz/file/a7YH0SAL#BB-O0XXbZSQZrvK12aCd5Z70qz6BV-jwEvMTjlx31z4

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:59 pm; edited 19 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Captain Commando - Sorr Mod - Captain Commando Empty Re: Sorr Mod - Captain Commando

Post  pop man 1989 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 pm

thanks man i wish
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs mod

pop man 1989

Back to top Go down

Captain Commando - Sorr Mod - Captain Commando Empty Re: Sorr Mod - Captain Commando

Post  Tarma Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Thank you, Cm_Blast. Downloaded. I'm going to play it. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:26 pm

pop man 1989 wrote:thanks man i wish

the only reason I have not done a mod of cadillacs & dinosaurs yet was that I downloaded roms not working in my mame.

Someday I will do this mod, sooner or later.

Tarma
Thank you, Cm_Blast. Downloaded. I'm going to play it. Smile

Thanks, I've downloaded your mod to play too Smile.

This particular mod is shorter than my other.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:
pop man 1989 wrote:thanks man i wish

the only reason I have not done a mod of cadillacs & dinosaurs yet was that I downloaded roms not working in my mame.

Someday I will do this mod, sooner or later.

Use Kawaks.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Yess! yess! more mods! Downloading!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Saven wrote:
Use Kawaks.

Don´t worry, I already found a rom that works with my version of Mame (by then I was doing the captain commando).
Ssomeday I'll make a cadillacs & Dinosaurs mod (if no one does before).

Don Vecta wrote:
Use Kawaks.

You´re welcome Smile.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Wow~! There's no better words to describe this mod.

Spot on rips, most of them clean and crisp. Enemy positioning verbatim to the arcade counterpart and those palettes, damn, I never expected Electra-3 would look so good as Brenda and Carol! Same for the Skip/Sonnie colors on Jack and the ninjas (though I think Sasuke's skin is flesh color rather than the green you put. Hanzo in Troll Ninja looks spot on, same for Scumocide's colors on Neo X).

Also, liked how you decided to recreate the bonus stage of the boat house, was a very smart way to do it, including the fight with Dr. T.W.

It only needs something special in an ending to have this closure feeling after beating a mod, but nevertheless this has to be one of the best homage mods I've ever played recently. And you mod skills have improved a lot. Congrats!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Wow~! There's no better words to describe this mod.

Spot on rips, most of them clean and crisp. Enemy positioning verbatim to the arcade counterpart and those palettes, damn, I never expected Electra-3 would look so good as Brenda and Carol! Same for the Skip/Sonnie colors on Jack and the ninjas (though I think Sasuke's skin is flesh color rather than the green you put. Hanzo in Troll Ninja looks spot on, same for Scumocide's colors on Neo X).

Also, liked how you decided to recreate the bonus stage of the boat house, was a very smart way to do it, including the fight with Dr. T.W.

It only needs something special in an ending to have this closure feeling after beating a mod, but nevertheless this has to be one of the best homage mods I've ever played recently. And you mod skills have improved a lot. Congrats!

Embarassed

Thanks Man =D.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Looks great and good to see you are getting such positive feedback. I will download and check it out soon! Great to see two new  mods in one week :-)

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:52 pm

I added a small update:

I replace the donovans armed with pipe for particles (suggestion by Don Vecta), so now there are 4 Particles (5 in two players mode); The particles have appropriate versions pallets for normal, fire and ice.
I also replaced normal bats for bottles (the original hammers have very short duration).

Thank you all; I like knowing that my mod meets expectations.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Winged Cat Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:34 am

Thank you for another one good mod. I like these palletes)
Stage with tons of bikers is mega insane:D 

Winged Cat
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:56 am

I played your Captain Commando mod, I enjoyed it. My English is ont good enough to make a full review, but I think you made a very good work. Smile
A real ending would be nice, indeed.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Winged Cat wrote:Thank you for another one good mod. I like these palletes)
Stage with tons of bikers is mega insane:D 

100 bikers =D.

Tarma wrote:I played your Captain Commando mod, I enjoyed it. My English is ont good enough to make a full review, but I think you made a very good work.
A real ending would be nice, indeed.

Don´t worry, i´m spanish Razz.
thanks =).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Definitely the new update givesw more flavor. The Particles as the riding bots add more variety to the mod. Me likey.

And lol to the irony of casting Ash as Mardia. One is a female monstrosity that looks like a man and the other is a male monstrosity that looks... FABULOUS! lol!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  kmc Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 am

How do I install this Mod? I guess it's more than just unrar the archive to mod/games/captain commando, because after doing this the game won't start.

kmc
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:53 pm

kmc wrote:How do I install this Mod? I guess it's more than just unrar the archive to mod/games/captain commando, because after doing this the game won't start.

Check you have "mod/games/captain commando/all-the-files" (not mod/games/captain commando/captain commando/all-the-files).

Then in sormaker the mod should appear.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 pm

I downloaded this yesterday and gave it a try. Nice graphics and some good music from the arcade original. I know the enemy placement is to mirror the arcade game, but I found it a little repetitive to be honest. The stage with the bikers and the scrolling background gave me a bit of a headache too Sad

A pretty cool mod but I think I prefer some of your other mods.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Charco wrote:I downloaded this yesterday and gave it a try. Nice graphics and some good music from the arcade original. I know the enemy placement is to mirror the arcade game, but I found it a little repetitive to be honest. The stage with the bikers and the scrolling background gave me a bit of a headache too Sad

A pretty cool mod but I think I prefer some of your other mods.

No problem. I Have like 12 mods so, you still have the other 11 XDDDDD.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Haha yeah. Do you think you will do a mod on Warriors of Fate or the 2 Dungeons and Dragons games in the future? D&D would be particularly cool with the branching paths.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Charco wrote:Haha yeah. Do you think you will do a mod on Warriors of Fate or the 2 Dungeons and Dragons games in the future? D&D would be particularly cool with the branching paths.

Dun dun duuuun....
Captain Commando - Sorr Mod - Captain Commando Imagen11

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Are you working on a D&D mod?!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Charco wrote:Are you working on a D&D mod?!

It´s a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs one =(.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Ah, cool.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs mod was completed.

The next: Warriors of fate.

What kind of scenarios that game had?
Diagonals, elevators... of all are just horizontal stages?

(I barely remember the game).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next