SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2]

+13
Blackblade34
vince
Security
Autumnal
TheWolfe
Charco
BigDarsh
Zarzak
WillyTheSquid
Don Vecta
LucasHB
Benny26
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 Empty Re: SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2]

Post  vince Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 am

WillyTheSquid wrote:You can just grab the .ogg files from the mod folder?
Yes, I already did it and converteed it in mp3, but maybe the song exists in a longer version.

WillyTheSquid wrote:I seem to remember reading (but I might be off the mark here) that Zarzak actually requested Jeff to make the music specifically for use in the mod. Again, I might be wrong.
Really? Cause Jeff van Dyck seems to be very famous, it would be gorgeous!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 Empty GANGS OF FURY MOD

Post  Blackblade34 Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi mate!
I have really really loved your SORR mod and I quiet enjoyed every moment of it!
Last time(perhaps 8 months ago)I played it through on very hard level but a few days ago I've decided to play it again but this time on mania difficult level!
The backgrounds the battle scenes the enemy replacements the cutscenes they were all splendid however the cutscenes should have been more creative a little bit since all the time the same background music was playing on them and the same sample pictures were showed up!
The only thing I did not really like in this mod is the final-boss aka Rudra boss set-up!: since u made a ,,map-file,, in the last scene of 8th stage she became an easy target, you can keep the jumping kick attack on her and like this you can pushing her in the corner like a mouse - easy cake -. But you will see it more specifically in my video!
After all I still must say that is the BEST SORR Maker mod I've ever seen and I am absolutely serious. If I can rate this magnificent creation I would say on 10 scale as 9.5/10 stars! Thumbs up Very Happy
You probably spent a whole year(maybe more)to maximize this mod perfectly cos I can see the hard work on it!
Thank you! lol!

Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Back to top Go down

SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 Empty Re: SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2]

Post  Blackblade34 Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:51 pm

Benny26 wrote:*Mod by Zarzak

I am proud to present: Streets of Rage: Gangs of Fury!
(Updated July 3rd, 2012)

Description: Gangs of Fury takes place after the events of Streets of Rage Remake, a multitude of new independant gangs have popped up and it's up to our heroes to stop them.

Over 8 stages, you'll have 8 unique gangs to beat up. Storm their turf, and put an end to the gang by pounding on their leader. Just a simple, fun storyline with a light sense of humor. Just about every stage/scene has been hand edited with a hopes of being a somwhat unique experience.

The idea is for this to be as nostalgic of a mod as possible, something that is proud to be a "Streets of Rage" game, and pays a homage to it. So i'm utilizing as much of the content that's in the SORR as it is, including [s]music[/s], sfx, and the like. I've also been making this mod with the "computer illiterate" in mind, so no palette swapping. It'll be unzip, load up, and have some 80's/90's beat'em up fun Smile

*Version 1.2 changes all the music. After the feedback recieved, and after having had enough of the SORR music in so many mods, I figured I'd go ahead and provide a cooler soundtrack. No additional work needed for you to enjoy.*

Version 1.2 Update
http://filebeam.com/9fd185d7ab0cce3f017111323b56f178
Mediafire(Thanks to Tony78!):
http://www.mediafire.com/?9rtgtq0ser4bqsb
Rapidshare(Thanks to Tony78!):
https://rapidshare.com/files/4087221387 ... __1.2_.rar
(If anyone wants to provide any mirrors, feel free to pm me, and I'll post 'em)

Screens:
SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 GOF4
SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 GOF3
SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 GOF2
SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 GOF1
SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 GOF5
SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 GOF6

Hope you guys enjoy, I had a lot of fun making it.  Hopefully this is a 100% complete version, but please leave feedback if you find something broken.  And if you find enjoyment in the mod, please share it with others so we can all keep SOR alive.  Thanks dudes.

Gangs Of Fury Mod:

Hi mate!
I have really really loved your SORR mod and I quiet enjoyed every moment of it!
Last time(perhaps 8 months ago)I played it through on very hard level but a few days ago I've decided to play it again but this time on mania difficult level!
The backgrounds the battle scenes the enemy replacements the cutscenes they were all splendid however the cutscenes should have been more creative a little bit since all the time the same background music was playing on them and the same sample pictures were showed up!
The only thing I did not really like in this mod is the final-boss aka Rudra boss set-up!: since u made a ,,map-file,, in the last scene of 8th stage she became an easy target, you can keep the jumping kick attack on her and like this you can pushing her in the corner like a mouse - easy cake -. But you will see it more specifically in my video!
After all I still must say that is the BEST SORR Maker mod I've ever seen and I am absolutely serious. If I can rate this magnificent creation I would say on 10 scale as 9.5/10 stars! Thumbs up Very Happy
You probably spent a whole year(maybe more)to maximize this mod perfectly cos I can see the hard work on it!
Thank you! lol!

Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarzak Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 am

Hey Blackblade!  Sorry it took me so long to see your feedback, I'm not too active these days unfortunately.  But I absolutely love that something I did so long ago is still bringing people some joy.   It's definitely not a perfect mod, but it was a lot of fun to make for my friend and I to play, and i'm glad there seems to be a lot of people who enjoy the same sort of "gameplay" we do.    

In regards to Rudra and my cutscenes,  telling a story was not at all my priority. In fact, if anything, I was simply doing a satire of these sorts of games because any sort of story that can take itself seriously where Cops, Wrestlers, and kids with Roller blades go around punching clowns and dominatrix is absurd to me lol.  So I just kept things very basic since 90% of the time you'll watch the cutscenes once, and then skip it every time anyways (Heck, even I do and I wrote the damn thing lol).    And with Rudra, I really had no idea how to frame the last boss fight, but some people have enjoyed the odd surrealness to it, so I'm happy it wasn't a big flop like I thought it'd be.  But yeah, i'm also not a huge fan of it.

As for Jeff Van Dyck, I absolutely did not commission or even get permission from the artist himself.  I sent him an email, and recieved no reply and would absolutely respect the artist if he wasn't keen on me using his work, but so far no harm no foul.   I really think it's a testament to his skill that he has enough fantastic music to use for games over his career. I'm really a huge fan since his "Skitchin" and Fifa days on the Sega.  It's obviously different than Streets of Rage/Yuzo music, but I wanted to try a different feel for the game.  I'm glad it has been enjoyable for people.

Anyways, take care everyone.  Thanks for keeping SORR alive and kicking.  
Blackblade34 wrote:
Hi mate!

Zarzak
Galsia

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 Empty GRAND UPPAH!!

Post  TripleSe7enX Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm

Sending some love from the future lol. No honestly this is the 3rd mod I have played since coming back to the Forum. Honestly one of the best mods on here. This game is a GEM is you are playing in '19 I suggest this mod on MANIA!!! Awesome story, BANGIN soundtrack!

5/5

TripleSe7enX

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:44 am

Great mod that I want to play over and over again. I will never be bored even after many years. Great level design and great music that's perfect for any level and boss. I will come back to this mod, but I will try to play with other characters. I really liked the plot and the dialogue of the characters. Great job Zarzak Smile By the way, I collected the music and combined it into one folder. Suddenly someone will come in handy;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5sovxib4ye9j4q/Streets%20of%20Rage%20Remake%20-%20Gangs%20of%20Fury.7z?dl=0
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:06 am

No deaths
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

SORR Gangs of Fury [Version 1.2] - Page 2 Empty Gangs Of Fury

Post  Prototypecity Sun May 15, 2022 11:52 pm

Why cant I download Gangs of Fury? None of the links work.

Prototypecity

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon May 16, 2022 3:57 am

Prototypecity wrote:Why cant I download Gangs of Fury? None of the links work.
The link in here should still be working.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:33 am

Almost no deaths (1 life spent)
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:57 pm

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:48 am

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Don Vecta and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2