SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big General Update for a dozen of my mods.

+3
zakforradio
Cm_Blast
Don Vecta
7 posters

Go down

Big General Update for a dozen of my mods. Empty Big General Update for a dozen of my mods.

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi, after a while I am here again to show a general big updated to a dozen of my own mods.

I've been looking back at the mods I've done over the last five years. The most recent already have the “pack”: cutscenes, looping music, palettes, custom items, specific stage clear music, etc... but then there are those olders mods that where done in a very early state of Sorr plus my inexperience, so they look almost like a “Beta” compared to the others.

For this reason I decided to do a general update of all those old mods to have at least the most basic stuff, because is sad playing the Night Slashers with all the stuff and a solid gameplay and then playing the Captain commando one, without custom items, not a single final cutscene, plenty of hard enemies and bosses with x4 life bars each one even for easy.

So I decided to do this general massive update to make all the mods being at a similar level. This is not a Remake for any of those mods, so don’t expect enhanced scenes/stages, custom sound effects/voices, new paths... this is just to make the mods don’t feel that they were abandoned in midway, with several changes to the very old ones, and only a few "because now it can be done" changes to those not so new, not so old.

I think creating a single post instead raising a dozen of my older posts is more clean, so here it is the full list of big changes done in my multiples mods:
Alien Vs Predators:

Cadillacs And Dinosaurs:

Captain Commando:

Double Dragon Trilogy GB (new):

Golden Axe (new):

Knights of the Round:

Policias S.A.:

Power Ranger The Movie:

Los Simpsons Arcade:

Sailor Moon Pretty Soldiers:

The King of Dragons:

The Punisher:

Urban Reign:

Warriors of Fate:

Yume Nikki:

FINAL UPDATE
My Palette Pack (characters):

The link provided it's my main molder, so I do not need to update the link constantly everytime I update any mod. The most recent versions have "Sor Remake <name> (5.1). Some have "VIEJO" which are the previous version (before the very last changes I am preserving in case I mess up uploading something or changing something.

There are no longer V 2.0/3.0 or anything, just go straigh to the "5.1" one. But don't download the ones called "SORR 5.1" because those are old too. Check for the "date of inclusion" that appears on the main page; anything prior to 2017 it's outdated (except mods like "Un nuevo jefe", "dune", "terminator"... which are not based on anything and I am not bothering to do updates to them).

Onedrive only have the better version available for all mods excet the Yume nikki one.

Link:
https://www.4shared.com/folder/0k6UPaGe/Mods_Sorr.html

Onedrive already available:
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:56 pm; edited 22 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Puzir and MARTIN98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Big General Update for a dozen of my mods. Empty Re: Big General Update for a dozen of my mods.

Post  Don Vecta Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 am

Fawk yeah~! New updates coming up!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Big General Update for a dozen of my mods. Empty Re: Big General Update for a dozen of my mods.

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Vince created a translation into english for a few of my other older mods, so if anyone really want it you can download it using the same link as in the first post or just with this one.
https://www.4shared.com/zip/UQQOxIqtca/translations.html?

These are the mods with the Vince's translation:
3 en caza
el día de todo al revés
Dune
Terminator
Yume Nikki.

Also, my onedrive have all the mods listed in the first post with the old versions deleted, so you are free to get them from that media if you don't like 4share.
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:07 am

This will be a lot of fun!
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks for all the work on these updates Cm_Blast, downloading all of these now Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am

Hi!

CADILLACS AND DINOSAURS:
The dinosaur foot / crusher is perfect!

CAPTAIN COMMANDO:
Very nice changes, especially the surf scene that is more logical like that.

THE KING OF DRAGONS:
So many changes! Good good good! The food let by the bosses is often frustrating, why not adding a last portion of camera move to the left with "go", to let us the time to get the food, because we have nothing more after Sad but I know, that's the rule

For all, why did you replace loop musics by extended versions?

I will try the others soon...
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:47 pm

vince wrote:Hi!

CADILLACS AND DINOSAURS:
The dinosaur foot / crusher is perfect!

CAPTAIN COMMANDO:
Very nice changes, especially the surf scene that is more logical like that.

THE KING OF DRAGONS:
So many changes! Good good good! The food let by the bosses is often frustrating, why not adding a last portion of camera move to the left with "go", to let us the time to get the food, because we have nothing more after Sad but I know, that's the rule

For all, why did you replace loop musics by extended versions?

I will try the others soon...

The Captain Commando was the most neccesary. The surfing was like an experiment back in time, but in the long term wasn't the better idea, So I removed that.

The main problem with the King of dragons: It's a very painfull game to rip anything on it. The stalactites from the Hydra cave shares all the same layer, so to separate from what it is foreground and whats not, you need too use plenty of zoom and patient.

I didn't want to invest more time to change anything. Just tried to make the game at least a bit more playable.

The music didn't really loop. Most of them sounds for 2-3 minutes and then fade to silence before repeating again. In a few of them I cut the silence part, but wasn't really a loop, just a sudden cut from nowhere.

i didn't have the patient to do proper loops for those mods, so between having music fading to silence (2-5 seconds) or an extended version to last 15-20 minutes the second option was better.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Big General Update for a dozen of my mods. Empty Nice! :D

Post  The_Silence_Pz_Br Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:52 am

Thanks a lot Cm_Blast , I'll play all your mods man! Very Happy

I want to see the player's work and do my own SoR mod someday, this kind of inspiration is essential! Cool Like a Star @ heaven cyclops
The_Silence_Pz_Br
The_Silence_Pz_Br
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:46 am

FINAL MASSIVE UPDATE:

With the big update I was trying to place the most olds more similar to the most recent (music, cutscenes, stage clear, etc...); but on my way to do it somehow I forgot a couple of them that don't have everything possible.

I was aware at some small mistakes like a wrong name/palette that I didn't bother to fix, but when "Persephone" appeared it was the push I needed to finally do it.

He found plenty of small mistakes not worth mentioning like a guy with 40 HP more that intended, a wrong palette/name... (those small fixes are not documented); However there are other changes that definitely affect some mods.

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs:
I already changed any "hard" enemy to appear only at 2 players, but now I reduced the HP of the bosses to match the normal diffculty. Some bosses already had more than 3x life bars, so I didn't want to increase her life even more while playing on hard (very hard or above still has an increased HP).

I added a note with "police call available" just to remind people that you can use it on the desert (and you should, as there are parts with 3 barbons, for example).

Captain Commando:
The boss bonus fight has a timer. There is no punishment for not killing him, since the next scene start with a chicken; however I found I just had a massive HP for very hard for this boss. I don't know if it is even possible to kill him before the time runs out (people may think that the fight was just a survive until time run out) so I reduced his life bar. I did it for other difficulty a bit too.

There were also a Shouther boss fight which appearing two of them instead only 1; again, two of them wasn't suppose to appear. 

Double Dragon Trilogy for GB:
There was a pit that I fixed in the past but somehow I didn't uploaded the mod, so it's fixed again.
Other aditions includes music for "stage clear" or making the scene act like elevator type, so only 1 "go!" instead 2 of them.
Plus cutscenes centred (DD2 was painfull to do).

Golden Axe Arcade
Cutscenes centred and the music on the duel mode now just go and loop instead repeating the very first seconds over and over.

Power Ranger:
The game already have some less enemies for easy and a few of them more for hard, so I decided to add some extra more to very hard or above.
I tried to maintain the climbing difficulty per wave, so won't be 3 Galsias in the first wave and later on the game 2 Galsias; I usually used the shadow intro to delay the intros, so the player can kill or at least damage one enemy before the third galsia enter the game (and later 3 Galsias appear at the same time).

Sailor moon:
A game full with enemies. Facing slums or bongos 3 it's not a big deal, but there are several Yasha/Onihime (but they don't behave like the original), P1 robots and Ninjos. Even with the police call available and some "Thetis" dropping food (goor or bad) the player it's guarantee do die lots of lives.

For this reason I decided to add an apple every 2-3 waves of the game, being usually an apple prior a boss battle (except for the ones which Tuxedo mask appears and give you a chicken). This doesn't make the game more easy, but helps to survive and, if the police special it's used correctly, it's even possible to loose a minimun of lives.

Los simpsons Arcade:
Bosses for very-hard or above have 1 life bar less.
For normal-hard they already have x3 or even x4 life bars, which it's already enough for a boss battle). I given to them 2 extra life bar (and all the extra enemies) for expert players.

However I found myself playing on that difficulty this specific mod from time to time. A 6 life bars Rudra it's too much.
So from the x4 from norma-hard, x3 to easy and x5 to very hard (plus extra enemies) I think it's enough.

Mona-lisa have 50 HP less each one (so 1 life bar in total) and the yamatos also have less HP too. Very hard or mania already present 4 Yamatos instead 3 (and figting them in pairs). The very last boss it's unchanged; he already have only 1 extra life bar from the beggining.

The king of dragons:
The two biggest problem with the routes and the game were:
Number/HP of enemies depends of the route, but the bosses were the same for any difficulty or route. On top of that, the bosses were dropping food, which not only it's random, but sometimes the player don't ever have enough time to pick up the item before the game fade to black.

For this reason I through on scaling the boss HP depending of the route. Since the game has a total of 15 boss battles (counting dual bosses as "1" battle and not counting bosses that appears like another regular enemy) increasing the Hp of the bosses was not an option.

So... I reduced the life bar of the bosses a 10% (from the original value) while on the second route and a 20% on the first route.
For example.
The Wyvern (stage 2) have 300 (3 life bars) HP on the third route (same as before the update).
On the second route he has 270 and in the first route 240. It's not a very big change but enough to make the bosses on the first route to died early and in the third route having the HP that they originally had.

It's the same for other bosses, and since it's a % based bosses with low HP (like the first boss) you can see that the boss goes from 180 (hard route) to 144 (easy route); not that a big change but enough to be noticed.
This also affect subbosses like the minotaurus and others.

And about the food drops; they are removed; no one drop food anymore; instead the stages starts with a chest containing food; this way the player it's guarantee to receive food enough to survive the next enemy wave. Better food on the third route (in fact, the food given it's the same that appear on the first main screen, so now the info provided on route path choice now match what happens on the game).

Other mods have small fixes and stuff; nothing big. The first post has been updated with the main changes, so you can check everything worth mentioning.

In case you find something wrong like I uploaded the wrong palettes or something like just report me (here or in the post of the original mod).

Again, thanks a lot to Persephone; he was more dedicated that I was to find and point some mistakes. All mods uploaded; If no other mistakes are found my job it's finished.

Final adition - palettes for characters:
I decided to place together all the character palettes on a single file, available on both 4share and onedrive. I changed the numbers of some so they don't overwrite each other.

I did it because this is like the third time I lost most of my palettes (for various reasons); so now I have a back up and a way to do it quickly. Also I don't want to loose my Blaze Sor3 white dress again =(. The white dress version, the Skate sor 3 original and the Rooberman weren't done by me so I want to have them on somewhere just in case.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:29 pm

LINK UPDATE:
Since I no longer trust 4shared I wanted to create 1 extra mirror site to upload all my mods done. Also it seems that right now 4shared links were blocked and the onedrive for some reason didn't gave a valid download anymore.

So I downloaded everything from my own onedrive and reuploaded into Mega.

All the links on the posts have been remplaced with two links. One Link contain the direct download of the mod of that post. The second link contain the generic folder in which all the mods have been stored.

Since Mega doesn't require any account it should be easier to download, or so I hope. If doesn't work or any specific mod is missing report it into me.

The "pack" link will show every single mod, so you are free to download any other more besides the one refered on the post, and this also should allow a "download all" in case anybody want all in 1 just go.

There are a bunch of files on that pack available on that download that don't have a direct download, mostly because they are early/bads mods and/or doesn't contain any specific post done.

this is the "unlisted" files:
*Dos paletas del Sor3 <--- Blaze white dress and Skate genesis palette.
*3 En caza <-- reusing "knighs of the round" scenarios and has no palettes but 3 sub/bosses as bosses.
*Altered Beast <-- This is the master system "1D" one, don't get confused with the arcade version.
*Dune <-- 2 scenarios being reused many times, facing grouped enemies/bosses colored as Dune's factions (blue, red, green...)
*El día del todo al revés <-- mini mod/Experiment where all the enemies are bosses and bosses are regular enemies.
*La victoria del sindicato <-- short mod with villais as enemies. Prototype scenarios reused.
*Policías S.A <-- Reused scenarios from an early "las calle de la rabia/Fist of the street". Long mod with 2 paths. It is a worth playing mod, but I never did a post due reusing all the scenarios/cutscenes done by Klares. For the record. Klares didn't mind it.
*Teminator <-- small mini mod with only robots as enemies and a bunch of scenarios from the Terminator 2 ms-dos games.
*Todas mis paletas de Chars <-- A back up copy of all the palettes I have, like the first ones on this list, but also a bunch more. Simpsons arcade yellow skins and other palettes for characters from all the mods combined.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Don Vecta, Puzirkov, Rain and MARTIN98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MARTIN98 Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:33 am

Thank you for updates but download links don't work.
MARTIN98
MARTIN98
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:52 pm

Well, then I don't know what more to do.

They sure work on my side. The browser said something that allowing the thing to store on my drive, if I said "block" then ask again and again but once I said "yes" it started downloaded. I also could click on the second link and started downloaded the Alien Vs Predator from the full list just fine.

Big General Update for a dozen of my mods. ARd1iwXy9HjJAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
I cancelled on the way, but in a few seconds I had 50 Mbs of the mod downloaded. This was with google Chrome and I went incognito so I have no account active.

I also tried with opera.

Big General Update for a dozen of my mods. 2DQa8URwQAI9lAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Did you try downloading any other mod to check if they are all of them or it was just 1 specific?

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Puzirkov and MARTIN98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down