SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfe's Workshop of Wonders

Go down

Wolfe's Workshop of Wonders Empty Wolfe's Workshop of Wonders

Post  TheWolfe Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 am

Hey everyone. I thought I'd get my start into SoRR modding so I thought I'd start by opening up a workshop thread of my own here. I don't know if anyone still hangs by here, but I thought I would give it a shot.

I have a project that I am working on right now which isn't a mod (but is related to one), and two mod ideas I currently have in mind. I had these ideas floating around for some time, but due to various and sundry issues I had to work out, they got stuck in development hell. Now with no time like the present, I thought it was time to finally get started and finish what I begin.

SoR4: Rage in Time Shell Shocked Soundtrack
A long time ago, I said I was working on a special project to compliment Augmented Antics' SoR4: Rage in Time mod. I didn't really elaborate on what it was because I wanted to keep it a surprise. However, as it has been far too long since I've worked on it, I thought I say it outright - I was working on building a custom soundtrack for Rage in Time using the OverClocked Remix album of the same name, which you could learn more about here.

The reason it took so long was because looping the songs was really, really fucking tough. Since the songs were remastered versions of the original tracks, they weren't all designed with looping in mind and I had to use my own judgement in what parts of the songs to keep and which ones to snip out. It hurts a lot to cut out whole parts of songs since they really complimented the remastered songs very well, but I had to make the best calls of which parts were necessary and which ones were not.

I unfortunately don't have a video to demonstrate any of the work I've done (since I'm literally doing my work on a toaster of a computer), but if you want a sample, I'd be happy to send what I've got to you.

Last edited by TheWolfe on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total

TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Wolfe's Workshop of Wonders Empty Re: Wolfe's Workshop of Wonders

Post  TheWolfe Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 am

Streets of Rage: The Contra Wars

This is one of the two mods I have in mind that I want to work on, based off the Contra series of run-and-gun games. While you won't be running around and primarily shooting things down with big machine guns (well, there are tons of guns in this mod, but that's besides the point), the main spirit and philosophy of Contra will be retained, where you're a one-man army going up against a seemingly endless horde of thugs and bad guys.

In terms of gameplay, it's based off the beat-em-up Alien Vs. Predator, which is probably the closest thing to a brawler version of Contra. There will be more enemies on screen compared to other mods (I'm thinking of at least 4-5 enemies on Stage 1 on Normal) and you will get swarmed if you're not careful. However, enemies have less health than normal, which is also typical of the Contra games; while you're fighting a lot of enemies, you can mow them down like wheat. In addition, you'll be armed with plenty of weapons (both melee and ranged) and always have police support (with the exception of Stage 8).

I also have two planned routes in mind, which are based off of the stages in the Contra games (Contra, Super C, Alien Wars, Hard Corps, Contra 4, and Hard Corps Uprising).

As for what I've done so far, I've managed to gather up a decent number of graphic resources and music for the mod. As for release, I haven't determined a release date, but I aim to have it done before 2017's end.

TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 am

Reserving post space.

TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down