SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc)

+4
BigDarsh
bazzza
Mr.Din
Don Vecta
8 posters

Go down

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Empty Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc)

Post  Don Vecta Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Decided to create this thread as a way to dump some of the few ideas I have for modding. Call it my (lol) "developer's blog for possible future or canned projects" lol!

So, yeah, probably I'm gonna reveal a few things I had on my sleeve, some as experimental stages done to test new features or ideas done by the recent patches, or some just plain stage designs that popped into my mind, created them but then had no idea where to put them, lol!

So, without further ado, let's get this on:

Konami's VENDETTA
*canned (or in standby) project*

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta00_zpsn0nkepacDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta01_zpsvrnnw3rg
This was supposed to be my next tribute mod after releasing Mighty Final Fight EX (another sadly canned project). The concept came up because some Korean dude (jin315) was ripping PERFECTLY every stage of this game and was posting it in the spritedatabase site... and with perfectly, I meant fully animated, small details, foregrounds, breakable sprites, etc.
Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta02_zpsw8yyv5g0Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta03_zpsvivxshlm
He was doing great all and all but suddenly, at stage 3-1... he stopped. Sad
Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta04_zpscilzc2nd
Yeah, not sure what happened, and I thought he'd rip the whole game, but in the end, he didn't. I have the very basic rips from the game (thanks to my boy DarkValentine1984 for that, BTW), but the foreground elements, the animations and the breakable items are missing. The reason I decided to mount and try this tribute mod was because it had everything released and because it would be great to see the ripping effort of jin315 pictured in a fully functional mod (by all means, he'd be credited!).

So, unless I find someone (I really don't know how to rip arcade games like he does, with all set of details, otherwise, I'd do it myself) who can rip the remaining stages, this baby gets fully canned. I don't wanna release a mediocre tribute mod, I wanna add more flavor and extra features if it goes out... but I need the resources for that. Sad

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

SORDave and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Empty Re: Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc)

Post  Don Vecta Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:12 pm

okay, here's a showcase of another project.

HUNTING JAVA
Canned project
Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Snapshotjava00_zpswpqnscu1

Hunting Java was a mod in development along with former member KaiReed and yours truly. The base storyline was created by him and the graphical part was directed by me, with him also creating some stages by himself and upgraded with some magic touch of my PS Razz

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Snapshotjava01_zpsb2f3j2noDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Snapshotjava02_zpsn8jn8fat

The main plot involved Java, a supposedly long dead sister for the Hunter brothers (Adam and Eddie) who wasn't very dead after all and she decided to come back to torment their lives and the ones from the WOCPD since she came back with a new organization of people up to no good.

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Snapshotjava03_zpsiweo6agmDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Snapshotjava04_zpszedotahp

Unfortunately, and out of the blue, Kai decided to pull the plug of the project as we were halfway and vanished from the scene, pretty much leaving me with everything on my side. Honestly, I was quite saddened for that as he was a great partner to work with since he had great talent and cool ideas.

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Snapshotjava05_zpsjbmt5ayyDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Snapshotjava06_zpsruxhgwnr

As expected from the stuff I do while modding, I was experimenting a lot with the SORmakers features of that time and we created quite interesting concepts, like a battle in a veeeery reduced real-life sized elevator with a transparent foreground (to be frank, the idea was quite cool, in spite I used the elevator like that in H.U.N.T.E.R.'s Vegas hotel).

Some areas we had in development was a high end mall, a classy hotel, a riot in the inner city, a mountain pass and other surprises. A few of these scenes I reworked them and used in other mods (like the lobby of the hotel in Cold Quest for Peace, completely arranged), and, as a way not to let the whole concept that KaiReed to face a villanous Judo, I'm gonna retcon parts of the original plot into a part of the H.U.N.T.E.R. II storyline... albeit with an already known evil Judo instead of Java. So yes, I won't let these awesomesauce stages go to waste at all, there was too much work involved from our side to just let it rot in my harddrive.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

SORDave and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Empty Re: Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc)

Post  Mr.Din Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:57 pm

my heart can't take this! Sad

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Mr.Din wrote:my heart can't take this! Sad
Seeing an amazing project not come to life.
It's sad. ;_;

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:26 am

Now worries. 90% of the stuff done will re-appear in H.U.N.T.E.R. II, many of them remastered and updated into a more professional look. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:47 am

Don Vecta wrote:Now worries. 90% of the stuff done will re-appear in H.U.N.T.E.R. II, many of them remastered and updated into a more professional look. Smile
well that's good to know at least!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Mr.Din wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Now worries. 90% of the stuff done will re-appear in H.U.N.T.E.R. II, many of them remastered and updated into a more professional look. Smile
well that's good to know at least!

Too bad about the Vendetta MOD love that game even if it was a 50P bandit. The MOD what was there looked well ripped animated, detailed and well presented. Is there not anyone who could take over the reigns of that MOD seems a shame to let go to waste. In fact this thread whole thread is painful.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Well, got good news for you then, Bazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So, Chinese National Days Holidays came up. My girlfriend went to her hometown. My role in Caj's SOR Collection was done by the time being and happened to watch a longplay of Vendetta, so, I said to myself: "myself, why should I let a good idea die so soon?" I replied: "because you don't have the full resources that this Korean guy was doing for you, you dummy!" so, I told myself again: "but myself, at least we got the raw rips that DarkValentine and Zarzak gave us some time ago", which I replied: "yes, idiot, but they're not animated!", so in the debacle with myself, we concluded that the missing stuff should be done by screencaps in native resolution or simply emulating them myself with my mad spriting skills Cool (STFU Vecta!)

I guess I'm getting schizophrenic. Sad

Anyways, decided to get back to work on it until I get that line where I can't do shit anymore (hopefully that won't happen). And, thanks to this MAD Beat 'em up website (that all of you should check), got the whole palette of the enemy cast, even the order of enemy placement in their standard difficulty.

Not to mention the v5.1 features made me bring other cool ideas I had in mind...

BLAH BLAH BLAH, here!
Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta05_zpsysgh4jmaDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta06_zpsxldv9ohbDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta07_zpscbxasmjh

Yes, breakable items! Breakable doors! And the Crime Fighters 2 cast (yup, Hard Gay will be there, performed magnificently but our own queen Ash).

I simply cannot let it die.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Well, got good news for you then, Bazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So, Chinese National Days Holidays came up. My girlfriend went to her hometown. My role in Caj's SOR Collection was done by the time being and happened to watch a longplay of Vendetta, so, I said to myself: "myself, why should I let a good idea die so soon?" I replied: "because you don't have the full resources that this Korean guy was doing for you, you dummy!" so, I told myself again: "but myself, at least we got the raw rips that DarkValentine and Zarzak gave us some time ago", which I replied: "yes, idiot, but they're not animated!", so in the debacle with myself, we concluded that the missing stuff should be done by screencaps in native resolution or simply emulating them myself with my mad spriting skills  Cool  (STFU Vecta!)

I guess I'm getting schizophrenic. Sad

Anyways, decided to get back to work on it until I get that line where I can't do shit anymore (hopefully that won't happen). And, thanks to this MAD Beat 'em up website (that all of you should check), got the whole palette of the enemy cast, even the order of enemy placement in their standard difficulty.

Not to mention the v5.1 features made me bring other cool ideas I had in mind...

BLAH BLAH BLAH, here!
Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta05_zpsysgh4jmaDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta06_zpsxldv9ohbDon Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) SnapshotVendetta07_zpscbxasmjh

Yes, breakable items! Breakable doors! And the Crime Fighters 2 cast (yup, Hard Gay will be there, performed magnificently but our own queen Ash).

I simply cannot let it die.

Donnie you beautiful wonderful person, I could kiss you Very Happy . Not blow further sunshine up your ass, considering your hunter and Double Dragons mods you will make it great (no pressure:P ). Any thank you man for taking up the reigns of this mod, because I was seriously disappointed when I heard this getting kicked into touch.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Don Vecta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:08 pm

1 picture = 1000 words

This is why I'm pretty stuck to describe my feelings about those 2 screenshots. Maybe something like this.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 am

Here's a demo walkthrough of what it was done in Hunting Java. As you can see, the work was stellar: custom palettes, killer music, multiple paths, decent graphics (he designed some scenes and I was so inspired I designed some of the most fantastic stages in my mod career like the Harlton, the abandoned warehouse or the dilapidated hallway).

I'm gonna absord this storyline in a future mod because all this awesomeness can't go to waste... unless KaiReed returns and decides to mod again together. Oh well, I can only hope.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:50 pm

I like what I saw, a lot! (except the use of Zelda music which I found funny in a bad way of speaking Razz )
That jungle part in particular was beautiful!

I remember that KaiReed guy with the green Blaze avatar. It would be a shame to let that work go to waste definitely.
Though I think a story involving a Hunter family member appearing out of the blue might be pushing it, I'd change it into a story with a corrupted colleague that disappeared or something. Just my 2 cents though and I know Java Hunter was one palette KaiReed made in the first place.

While we're on that topic, didn't you work on a mod with Nomad too? You seemed to know things about it since you said it was impressive and that we should definitely looking forward to it but it appears Nomad gave up long ago on the scene Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:30 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I like what I saw, a lot! (except the use of Zelda music which I found funny in a bad way of speaking Razz )
That jungle part in particular was beautiful!

I remember that KaiReed guy with the green Blaze avatar. It would be a shame to let that work go to waste definitely.
Though I think a story involving a Hunter family member appearing out of the blue might be pushing it, I'd change it into a story with a corrupted colleague that disappeared or something. Just my 2 cents though and I know Java Hunter was one palette KaiReed made in the first place.

While we're on that topic, didn't you work on a mod with Nomad too? You seemed to know things about it since you said it was impressive and that we should definitely looking forward to it but it appears Nomad gave up long ago on the scene Sad

Well, I do plan to retcon a character from HUNTER, which is that Los Equis' agent Kara, the one who was haunting them off during Mr. White's conference. I'd do a few things going on to make something interesting and slightly different.
And for The Nomad's mod, yeah, he gave me a mod he was WIP'ing and the whole premise was great, but honestly I couldn't dare to touch it. The mod itself was magic and has his very personal touch... and not usre if I'd be in the standard to release what he wanted to convey.
The Nomad sometimes comes here as well... I dunno, maybe he can retake his project back. Out of respect, and due of the amazing concept he has, couldn't finish it myself.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Well I'm still curious and if you didn' tell me Nomad actually stills pop up here sometimes, I woulda asked for a screen or two.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed May 11, 2016 7:31 am

I LOVE MOON BEACH!
This is a small tribute run to the coolest stage/music ever created for Streets of Rage (for my tastes). The mod is composed by basically stages from other mods that feature the Moon Beach stage. The original mods are as follow:

• Scene 1: The original Moon Beach from SOR1. From the SOR1 Collection for v5 mod by CajNatalie
  • Scene 2: Moon Beach from SORR v4. From the v4 Remake mod by Charco.
  • Scene 3: Santa Luna Beach. From H.U.N.T.E.R. mod by yours truly.
  • Scene 4: Sun Beach. From SOR2 Collection for v5 mod by CajNatalie and yours truly.

Also, this is a tribute to the coolest song and its mixes that features the same name, the order are:

• Scene 1: Yuzo Koshiro - Moon Beach. The original composition.
  • Scene 2: Groovemaster 303 - Moon Beach Edit.
  • Scene 3: Moe (Muhammad Saeed) - Private Beach Party.
  • Scene 4: Raydub - Brawl by the Bay

I edited a bit the flow of the scenes by removing the bosses from the very first stages, only leaving Abadede as a sub-boss at the v4 scene. Besides that, the enemy positioning is pretty much unchanged.

I just did this small mod run because... fuck it, I simply love Moon Beach!

Hope you enjoy this run. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LucasHB Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:42 am

This is a fun walk through "what could have been", and hopefully, "what will someday be". :-D

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomerzan Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:46 am

Can you give me a download for that beta of hunting Java?
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 am

Doomerzan wrote:Can you give me a download for that beta of hunting Java?

no

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Don Vecta wrote:

no

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Don Vecta's random workshop thread (betas, canned or standby projects, etc) Empty Yikes!

Post  Doomerzan Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Charco wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

no

Charco, I see you are an admin yourself but you just broke a rule:
Benny26 wrote:8. Abuse of the private messaging function (trolling or bullying) will not be tolerated.
Breaking these rules will result in either a warning or possibly even a ban.
That video was very rude. I am one of the newest members! Don Vecta, don't worry. I am not talking about you. But even if I was misunderstood, still, that was RUDE! Embarassed Crying or Very sad Sad Crying
And there was this rule too:
Benny26 wrote:1. Respect the other members, without insulting or behaving annoyingly
No
I am sorry if I am mistaken. But I take drama like that very seriously, the sad serious.
Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:53 am

You made a beg post, which was given a flat and direct response.
Someone reacted to the response.

You blew that reaction out of proportion.

There's a difference between being respectful and creating one of those dumb safe spaces where no feelings are hurt.

People will tell you no. Betas and works-in-progress are almost exclusively shared on a trust-only basis.
Deal with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:12 am

Doomerzan wrote:
Charco wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

no

Charco, I see you are an admin yourself but you just broke a rule:
Benny26 wrote:8. Abuse of the private messaging function (trolling or bullying) will not be tolerated.
Breaking these rules will result in either a warning or possibly even a ban.
That video was very rude. I am one of the newest members! Don Vecta, don't worry. I am not talking about you. But even if I was misunderstood, still, that was RUDE! Embarassed Crying or Very sad Sad Crying
And there was this rule too:
Benny26 wrote:1. Respect the other members, without insulting or behaving annoyingly
No
I am sorry if I am mistaken. But I take drama like that very seriously, the sad serious.
Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying

Learn how to take a joke pal.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:52 am

A crybaby attitude like that will certainly take you nowhere here. As Caj said, you're blowing it out of proportion and, posing as a victim of something so insignificant will do nothing but harm your already low rep here. I don't like people begging for my works (in fact, Hunting Java is not even MY own work, it's a conjoined project with someone who retired already and was part of his team), I don't like people pressuring for works and basically I don't even know who you are but just some member who's been roaming in the forums. So, why should I give you an unreleased WIP that it's not even fully mine?

Either you wait for the final release or... wait for the final release. There's no other way.

And don't bring me that oversensitive attitude, that doesn't work with me. For the record I'm not insulting you or offending you with this reply, and in all honestly, I don't give two damns about your feelings. I'm just being plain blunt and straightforward. If you take offense from this response, it's certainly not my problem.

Grow some thicker skin.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:53 am

Reviving this topic cuz I'm still working on stuff... this time created a stage out of a whim, inspired by Rodeo Drive in L.A. now renamed Jaripeo Drive. Still don't know in which mod gonna use this, but this is a nice stage, I believe. Hope you enjoy.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Puzirkov and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:48 am

Here's two videos of two canned/unreleased stages. First one is Cyberpunk Shinjuku, second one is Bougainvillea's Lounge. 

Oh, the first stage has been turned into a MUGEN stage by the hand of DarkValentine1984, by the way. If you like MUGEN, you can find it on his channel. Enjoy!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

SORDave, Puzirkov and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down