SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Tutorial] Map collision

5 posters

Go down

[Tutorial] Map collision Empty [Tutorial] Map collision

Post  Charco Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:09 pm

*Original post by Bomberlink

CONCEPT
This is only useful if you want complex walls and pits, you can define walking areas from sormaker without a collision map, such as vectorial areas.

The idea is as simple as paint over the original pic with a specific color :
[Tutorial] Map collision OaDIZQ5

Each color has a function, these are the colour references for the game :
Pit, 000,000,000 (RGB, black color)
Wall, 000,128,000 (RGB, green color)
Walking area,  000,064,128 (RGB, blue color)

* This works for most of the stages of Sor2 and Sor3, for multiple floors (sor1 elevator) or very specific stage behaviours you could use Sormaker.

MAP
* You can paint the map in different sizes : 1:1, 1:2, 1:4, while 1:4 saves memory, 1:1 has pixel perfect precision.
* Pits should be drawn on the bottom of the stage .. or use layers to overlap the fall.
* Wall is usually bigger than the original pic, you dont want the foot of the char over the wall.
* Imagine, any type of collision is possible :
[Tutorial] Map collision LA0Oovl
(This could work for a jungle area, 2 trees, and a secret route)

TOP LIMITS
You can block the limit of the map by adding green areas, but you can leave open areas as well, this is the behaviour of the map out of the limits :
[Tutorial] Map collision 107Dw12

BAD EXAMPLE
[Tutorial] Map collision VEzC9Xg
Remember, any wrong pixel is going to be noticed in the game, different colours may block the walking as well.

MOUNT
If you are building a map collision for stage1a.fpg, create a new fpg called stage1a_map.fpg, the map should be added on the position 001.

FPG must be 16bits (RGB).

EDITOR
From the editor you can enable or disable the map collision anytime.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Map collision Empty Re: [Tutorial] Map collision

Post  Garcia75 Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:18 am

When the collision map is enabled, you cannot put any Jets, Vehelits and Robot Y on the map
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Garcia75 wrote:When the collision map is enabled, you cannot put any Jets, Vehelits and Robot Y on the map

That's right.

I guess the logic for this is not about the collisions themselves, but the pits as these enemies are hovering enemies. I think there's a lot of conflict in how to deal if they're thrown down (you know, slammed into the black areas, or whether if they could survive as by nature they're floating most of the time)

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:55 pm

I am have trouble making them what software do I use to make them any advice also heres the stage I want to make a map for I ripped from a openbor game
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:57 pm

[Tutorial] Map collision Panel12
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Rain wrote:I am have trouble making them what software do I use to make them any advice also heres the stage I want to make a map for I ripped from a openbor game

You can use MSPaint to make collision maps if you want. Make a separate file that is the same size in length and width as the stage you will need to make a collision map for. From there, draw out the map using each of these colors:
Green - Walls, backgrounds, etc. Basically, anything that you WON'T be interacting with.
Blue - This is what you will use for each character and enemy to walk around on like a street.
Black - This is what you will use for each pit that you can fall through.

Use the RGB values that Charco provided in the first page for each of these colors so that your collision map will work properly.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:07 pm

Saven wrote:
Rain wrote:I am have trouble making them what software do I use to make them any advice also heres the stage I want to make a map for I ripped from a openbor game

You can use MSPaint to make collision maps if you want. Make a separate file that is the same size in length and width as the stage you will need to make a collision map for. From there, draw out the map using each of these colors:
Green - Walls, backgrounds, etc. Basically, anything that you WON'T be interacting with.
Blue - This is what you will use for each character and enemy to walk around on like a street.
Black - This is what you will use for each pit that you can fall through.

Use the RGB values that Charco provided in the first page for each of these colors so that your collision map will work properly.
Thx I will try it
Rain
Rain
Electra

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:11 pm

I made a quick video tutorial showing how to do this
https://youtu.be/FXyNA0w29XM
Rain
Rain