SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial

2 posters

Go down

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Empty How to rip arcade sprites tutorial

Post  Rain Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:15 pm

Ok so there are a dozen of tutorials online on how to rip sprites from console games. However there is not a lot of info for arcade games. The closes thing we have is ripping from winkawaks emulator. which is good however that emulator only works with neo geo,cps1 and cps2 games. So what what about other arcade games?
Simple! FinalBurn Alpha emulator is the best for this task link
https://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/arcade/finalburnalpha.html

This emulator is pretty straight forward once you open the executable more folders will be added to the emulator directory

the 2 important ones are "rom" and "screenshot" put your rom zip in the rom folder and open the emulator
and open the game.

all right you ready? good now pay attention

go to the top where it says misc and click it

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Misc10

then go to shot factory

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Shot_f10

then this grid type thing will open

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Grid10

each layer and sprite prioraty are the sprites and layers un-check them to get what you need

so you get somthing like this

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Dojo10

but your not out of the woods yet

then you need to click capture this will rip the sprite in basic sprite ripping size
so you don't need to resize and it only captures that not the rest of your computer screen so you get somthing like this

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Mystwa10

then in the emulator of directory there is a screenshot folder and thats where you rips will be

hope this helps i might make  a video tutorial for the people that need a bit more visual

Last edited by Rain on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rain
Rain
Electra

MARTIN98 and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Empty Reply

Post  Axle Stone 1991 Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:15 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for when editing custom maps, thankyou Very Happy . I have a question if you don't mind answering, is it possible to remove the noise off the FPG maps when using FPG editor, or do you have to select a map from a ready made mod and start from their, I have been looking into some tutorials on this forum but only found some info on this topic, I'm new to the map making thing but ill get the hang of it overtime.

Signal

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Empty Re: How to rip arcade sprites tutorial

Post  Rain Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:00 pm

Axle Stone 1991 wrote:This is exactly what I was looking for when editing custom maps, thankyou Very Happy . I have a question if you don't mind answering, is it possible to remove the noise off the FPG maps when using FPG editor, or do you have to select a map from a ready made mod and start from their, I have been looking into some tutorials on this forum but only found some info on this topic, I'm new to the map making thing but ill get the hang of it overtime.  
 You need the utility know has denoiser you can find it somewhere on this from 

It can be use to add or remove the noise

You will only need to add if you try to replace something thats already inside of the game such has character ( and i think stages ) however to you do not need to add noise if you make a sormaker mod hopes this helps
Rain
Rain
Electra

Axle Stone 1991 likes this post

Back to top Go down

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Empty Reply

Post  Axle Stone 1991 Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Rain wrote:
Axle Stone 1991 wrote:This is exactly what I was looking for when editing custom maps, thankyou Very Happy . I have a question if you don't mind answering, is it possible to remove the noise off the FPG maps when using FPG editor, or do you have to select a map from a ready made mod and start from their, I have been looking into some tutorials on this forum but only found some info on this topic, I'm new to the map making thing but ill get the hang of it overtime.  

You will only need to add if you try to replace something thats already inside of the game such has character ( and i think stages ) however to you do not need to add noise if you make a sormaker mod hopes this helps

Thankyou. I also have another question don't know if you know this, but is their a way to add animated characters into the background stages? some mods here feature them but I'm not sure on how to do this for my mod making, thankyou in advance.

Signal

Back to top Go down

How to rip arcade sprites tutorial  Empty Re: How to rip arcade sprites tutorial

Post  Rain Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 am

Axle Stone 1991 wrote:
Rain wrote:

Thankyou. I also have another question don't know if you know this, but is their a way to add animated characters into the background stages? some mods here feature them but I'm not sure on how to do this for my mod making, thankyou in advance.
I think your talking about layers with sormaker 

Each you can have 9 layers
And 10 Animations with in the layer

To add in the fpg file each layer goes by 10
10-19 are the animation 
20-29
30-39
And so on
Again you can only add 9 layers
So 90-99 is the max
If no animation keep it at the one number so
I think you get the picture
Rain
Rain
Electra

Axle Stone 1991 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down