SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HD TV & SORR aspect ratio, help!

3 posters

Go down

HD TV & SORR aspect ratio, help! Empty HD TV & SORR aspect ratio, help!

Post  Reinhart Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:21 am

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone might have a clue on what's going on with the aspect ratio of SORR when hooking up the pc screen to a HD TV via a HDMI cable.

Basically my problem is that, when I only keep the TV screen active, SORR doesn't retain its normal 4:3 aspect ratio and stretches to widescreen instead. If I mirror the screen (meaning, if I keep both the pc screen and the TV active), it retains the 4:3 ratio, otherwise it does not.

The funny thing is that SORR used to retain its aspect ratio when projecting the screen! After playing around a bit with resolutions to find the one that best fitted my TV, SORR doesn't keep its aspect ratio anymore, not even if I return to the original resolution.

I tried changing the video options within SORR, I tried with a new savegame, I tried changing the TV video options and even tried to reset the TV to factory settings, but to no avail. SORR always goes widescreen when leaving only the TV screen active.

Does anybody have a clue?

Reinhart
Galsia

Back to top Go down

HD TV & SORR aspect ratio, help! Empty Re: HD TV & SORR aspect ratio, help!

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:52 am

When I play SORR in my HDTV, it usually works fine. Might have to do a check later in full screen.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:39 am

I play on a HDTV from a laptop via HDMI aswell and get full screen by using my tv settings. On the particular HDMI connection I use, I choose "Game" and "Native" using my tv remote. I have a Toshiba tv, so I am sure yours will be different.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinhart Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:32 am

I found the culprit, finally!

I discovered that, when playing SORR on my HDTV, if I run the game using the discrete videocard (a Nvidia Geforce, in my case) it keeps the original 4:3 ratio; if I run SORR with the integrated Intel card, the image gets stretched to full widescreen. For some reason it had defaulted to using the Intel card.

May this info be of use, should someone ever face the same problem Very Happy

The thing is, I don't know about you guys, but I prefer SORR in 4:3. Stretching to widescreen makes things a bit too large, especially on a big screen.

Reinhart
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Great, glad you got it fixed! I was the same as you as regards deviating from the original 4:3 aspect ratio of SorR. Recently I have changed to the full screen mode. Even though the sprites are stretched ever so slightly, it is not much. In fact, I now prefer the action full screen. It's like playing the game on a console as it should be Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down