SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few questions!

3 posters

Go down

Few questions! Empty Few questions!

Post  Security Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:51 pm

Greetings, everybody! I wasn't active much on the internet, over the last few years. I hope you are all well and doing fine! So, can i fire away a couple of questions, to stay up to date?

Will there be another version coming, after the 5.2?

I think i read somewhere, modders are dissatisfied with 5.2 and will stick with 5.1! Did i understand well? I myself also liked 5.1 way more, so i was wondering if i won't miss anything, while still sticking with it!

Are the dead links to various mods restored? Are the latest versions of them uploaded?

Thanks in advance, best wishes!
Security
Security
Fog

Axle Stone 1991 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Few questions! Empty SORR help form

Post  Axle Stone 1991 Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:55 pm

Security wrote:Greetings, everybody! I wasn't active much on the internet, over the last few years. I hope you are all well and doing fine! So, can i fire away a couple of questions, to stay up to date?

Will there be another version coming, after the 5.2?

I think i read somewhere, modders are dissatisfied with 5.2 and will stick with 5.1! Did i understand well? I myself also liked 5.1 way more, so i was wondering if i won't miss anything, while still sticking with it!

Are the dead links to various mods restored? Are the latest versions of them uploaded?

Thanks in advance, best wishes!

Hello and welcome back security, Good to see you. Everyone on the Forum has given their mixed opinions on the streets of rage remake 5.2 version as that is the latest one. 5.2 has brought some new levels as well as restoration of the retro tracks from the original games, however 5.2 has brought on some new difficulty changes, hence why people have been disliking it a lot. some of the enemy's like sor1 Y.Signal for example, don't take damage during their offence frame and characters like Abadeede being a lot harder to fight because unlike in 5.1 his moves was easy to encounter and manoeuvre, same with the Y.Signal and other enemies. the new widescreen featured in 5.2 was a nice new edition to the game for people on large screens who want the retro experience in HD. overall 5.1 is easy because its a lot easier to complete on mania regardless of the character you choose to play as. Also the movement in 5.1 doesn't feel janky unlike 5.2. bonus art works found in sorr 5.1 was removed in the 5.2 version along with the volleyball mini game which was a shame to be honest. 5.2 has also added some new character versions to the game so if your replaying a stage you can always pick a character you have not played before.

now moving onto mods.
most people on the forum have made mods with the exception, they are based around the 5.1 version of the game as you know, its peoples most liked version, and for good reason of course. so if you are choosing to download a mod from the forum here, in which the links should be still active, you would play most of them in 5.1, now I'm not sating they are incompatible with 5.2, for the most part it should play the mods made of 5.1 on the 5.2 version, with the exception that, sometimes you will encounter bugs like not being able to move to the next stage or being stuck inside an invisible wall, etc. you wont be satisfied with some of the mods on on 5.2 as like I said, they where not made of that version unless the mod has some sort of widescreen support as that seems to be the main issues behind the problems with playing 5.1 mods on the 5.2 version.

links to mods on this site

some of the links are dead, some are alive and active, some have been recently restored in order for you to play them. You just have to go around and look for mods that you want and hope they are still active if not the following links below should provide you with the mods you want to download and play.

Link1:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwz9M4z5ZWtPbkxzN3FIM0dROEE

Link2:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19jzn3LEN2apTbjf4nogApUN0o9qHCaJn

Sorry if I went on for to long. Rolling Eyes

Edit: People have been making a Wishlist of things they would like to see if we ever got a SORR 5.3 version of the game on the 5.3 Wishlist forum but I doubt that is going to every happen. Anyway I will leave a link here for you to look at:https://sorr.forumotion.net/t970-sormaker-v5-3-wishlist-things-the-mod-developers-we-actually-need

Last edited by Axle Stone 1991 on Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Info Update)

Signal

Don Vecta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Few questions! Empty Re: Few questions!

Post  Security Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:16 am

Wow, thanks a lot, for the detailed explanation! I had finished 5.2 before i "disappeared", the things i noticed were Max being nerfed and some moves hitting much less hard, even with damage set to "original" in options.

Hmmm, since you mentioned "widescreen", i recently launched v5.1 on my brand new system with widescreen monitor and it looked beautiful... I failed to see what v5.2 does better, unless i missed something of course.

I had some mods backed up ages ago, but those were too few and some of them got updates since then. Will check to see what they have done with the place!

Much appreciated and thanks for the hearty demeanor! Makes somebody glad to hang around! Cheers!

Security
Security
Fog

Don Vecta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:02 pm

For me, 5.2 was not something difficult - yes, hitboxes from SOR2 where the enemy could interrupt the attack, this complicates the task a little, but nothing more. If you play around in the AI editor, you can find a lot of interesting points. But for some reason, most ignore it. It changes the experience and the feel of the game. I played 5.2 with the most aggressive AI, but this does not reach the Mania of 5.1, and even more so with the maximum aggressive AI of 5.1. And one more thing. The real teamwork of the enemies works if you set the speed value to 5. Then it will be a new experience and more hardcore. The original mania in 5.2 is a bit more complicated than in 5.0a, but it's still as easy. I prefer 5.1 since it's a balanced version and also it's still perfect for mods + better optimization. I do not know what the dude did in the SORR code, but 5.2 works worse than 5.1 even without Vsync + a lot of strange and questionable solutions that no one asked for.
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down