SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions & How To's

+104
Zales360
brianagoofygoober
Areton338
CrackSmokingWarlock
invertedzero
stonegolem
novabeast92
CassioAug
Kolunya1985
Paladin09
E253MechaShadow
excalex2
Blackblade34
Sshadow5001
Masterspider5
bodation
Final Crash
robertrj
Mach3
SketchTurner
IramS
Red Jack
Vargus
tastheblood
Solid One
zakforradio
Koakon
System_shock
Fist of the Dead Star
Shivarules656
Zoltan Redbeard
dhoppler
Lord Molch
Security
marshall85
Note
ArcadeTheHedgehog
realbout
WillyTheSquid
Gentax
scalliano
applejacks
thejoker
Anzelotti
Name? Why not zoidberg?
Trygon
Break
Maximust
Tivus
TheWolfe
Kormann
KaiserDragoon69
fade2black001
Mr.Din
Shyning77
bazzza
toph_bei_fong
Endsareforever
Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
CarlitosArg
Rocketeer Raccoon
Si0r
Xvall
El Gambito
Brown Cow
serp
iceweb38
bob211
G. Jonah Jameson
BigDarsh
isamu
DarkThief
bareknuckleroo
Magnus Blade
Kane
Kageshima
NoPainNoGain
fender178
Imapus Sylicker
solid snake
graylandertagger
RetroStation
rjbetty
Emthree
Crash Dummie
tidyboyd
Arthandas
Xenovant
User6849
Elmo
Excelix
celestinx
Don Vecta
Saven
Manicmagnet
Charco
PsychoticDust
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
realnabarl
TheWorldasd
Waruiva
Benny26
108 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 5 Empty Question about cash/money in SORR

Post  isamu Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi guys. Quick question...is there a patch, a mod, or some sort of cheat that allows you to keep the amount of money you accumulate during a run, even if you *don't* complete the game? I'm fairly new to the game and have completed it a few times on easy. I would like to try hard but I know I'll struggle for a bit, and don't want to risk losing the cash I earned all the way up to say for example, stage 7 and then it's game over.

isamu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 5 Empty Re: Questions & How To's

Post  BigDarsh Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:16 pm

You have 3 continues with the patch v5.0a which help to beat the game on hard and save money (you lose some money per continue use but not all the cash your earn). But if you get to the game over screen (because you don't use continue or because you use all your continues) you don't earn any money. It's a bit cruel, but as lower difficulty are easier to beat than in SoRRV5.0, it is still fair.

There's no way to save your money if you go to the game over screen, but there are some save with full shop unlock avaible on the internet (it's not very fun, but pretty effective, so you can play the difficulty you want without worrying about money)

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  isamu Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:51 pm

thanks

isamu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  G. Jonah Jameson Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:54 am

I recently decided to start exploring my options outside of the main game and downloaded a couple of SORmaker mods. I've followed the instructions for using them precisely -- extracting all the files to the appropriate folders -- but when I open up SORmaker, it refuses to acknowledge that I have any mods. All it says is "SORMAKER LIST" and "00/00", and I can't do anything except exit with the "B" button.

Is there some important step I'm missing here? For a fairly simple mod that doesn't call for changes to sounds or palettes, do I need to do anything beyond extracting the files to the "mod" folder? Or is it more likely that my copy of SORR (5.0; I haven't downloaded 5.0a yet) is somehow defective and just can't accommodate mods?

G. Jonah Jameson
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:03 am

G. Jonah Jameson wrote:I recently decided to start exploring my options outside of the main game and downloaded a couple of SORmaker mods. I've followed the instructions for using them precisely -- extracting all the files to the appropriate folders -- but when I open up SORmaker, it refuses to acknowledge that I have any mods. All it says is "SORMAKER LIST" and "00/00", and I can't do anything except exit with the "B" button.

Is there some important step I'm missing here? For a fairly simple mod that doesn't call for changes to sounds or palettes, do I need to do anything beyond extracting the files to the "mod" folder? Or is it more likely that my copy of SORR (5.0; I haven't downloaded 5.0a yet) is somehow defective and just can't accommodate mods?

SORR > Mod > Games > [folder of the mod].

The folder of the mod must have all the fpg's, smk's, ogg's and overall the whole files inside. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 5 Empty SOR2 Shiva taunt not working.

Post  bob211 Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:06 am

I read that one of the updates to v5.00a was the addition of a taunt for Shiva-2 so I decided to try it out.

Everytime I try to do the taunt with Shiva-2 (the one that requires the police call button) he just immediately disappears while the text "..." shows up, then he'll reappear out of nowhere. Something is wrong with the sprites and I don't know how to fix it.

Can anyone help me?

bob211
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm

It's a bug, just like how Shiva 2's kick doesn't do a knock down also.

Nothing much can be done about it I'm afraid.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 pm

The Shiva 2 Kick bug only occurs when you customize pause delay into SoR3. For the taunt, as Benny said, no way to fix this.  Embarassed 

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  G. Jonah Jameson Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
SORR > Mod > Games > [folder of the mod].

The folder of the mod must have all the fpg's, smk's, ogg's and overall the whole files inside. Smile

Thanks. That was the problem; I've not built anything in SORRmaker myself, so I didn't even have a "Games" folder.

G. Jonah Jameson
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 am

Anyone running SorR on a Windows 8 machine? Will be getting a new laptop sometime this year and want to ensure I can run it on that OS.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Please do yourself a favor and try to find a laptop with Windows 7 on it. 8 is AWWWWFULLLL.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Not only that but whoever had the idea to put a smartphone interface on both a computer and server OS needs to be fired.
Windows Server 2012 is absolutely messy and unacceptable as a server interface.

Either way, I don't think you should worry about it.
In the case something would go wrong, you can always put the compatibility mode on the previous OS for SORR.exe and SORmaker.exe
I know it worked on a driver I needed to install on a Windows 8 that wouldn't work until I set the compatibility mode on Win7.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Yeah that decision to remove the Start button and put a load of widgets and apps on the screen was an odd one. I will see if I can get one with 7 instead, not sure how easy or difficult that could be.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:37 pm

My Dad just bought a new lappy and couldn't find one with Win 7 on it with either Curries or PC World. Sometime later though he found out that PC World will actually do you one with 7 on if you register a "business account" with them...probably due to the fact that most companies wont budge from 7 and they'd be losing quite a few quid by not offering the alternative. A lot still use XP even lol.

I agree with Ice and Saven though, Win 8 is god awful and should be avoided.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah we all have Windows 7 on our work PCs.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Benny26 wrote:My Dad just bought a new lappy and couldn't find one with Win 7 on it with either Curries or PC World. Sometime later though he found out that PC World will actually do you one with 7 on if you register a "business account" with them...probably due to the fact that most companies wont budge from 7 and they'd be losing quite a few quid by not offering the alternative. A lot still use XP even lol.

Yep, yhere are a few companies still using XP, but are changing soon with the announcement of Microsoft ending all support for it, and most are going to Windows 7. With the rumors of 9 being announced here soon and with Microsoft apparently announcing that it's going to distance themselves as far away as they can from Win 8, you know it was a bad OS.

Win 8 is just a tablet/phone OS forced onto desktop/laptop users. That on top of the closed-in nature of the operating system has irritated so many users, one of the reasons why PC users hate Macs so much.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  serp Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 am

To upgrade to 5a all we're supposed to do is copy and overwrite the .dat file for the 5a folder into our sorr5 folder right? We don't need the rest of the stuff?
serp
serp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:31 am

Yep, that's it.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 5 Empty Windoze7 vs. 8

Post  Brown Cow Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Saven wrote:
Benny26 wrote:My Dad just bought a new lappy and couldn't find one with Win 7 on it with either Curries or PC World. Sometime later though he found out that PC World will actually do you one with 7 on if you register a "business account" with them...probably due to the fact that most companies wont budge from 7 and they'd be losing quite a few quid by not offering the alternative. A lot still use XP even lol.

Yep, yhere are a few companies still using XP, but are changing soon with the announcement of Microsoft ending all support for it, and most are going to Windows 7. With the rumors of 9 being announced here soon and with Microsoft apparently announcing that it's going to distance themselves as far away as they can from Win 8, you know it was a bad OS.

Win 8 is just a tablet/phone OS forced onto desktop/laptop users. That on top of the closed-in nature of the operating system has irritated so many users, one of the reasons why PC users hate Macs so much.

New to the forums but played SORR for a long time now. Just to hit the topic (which a sore one with me, hence this initial post on this topic LOL) Windows 7.  New laptops with 7 are nearly impossible to find. 8 is just pushed onto us like we're all sheep...baaaah! If you do your research and I know you guys do! you can find some mfg's that have hardware that is 7 compatible. Just getting the drivers for a full Win7 install on Win8 hardware can be tough.

I JUST bought an ASUS G750JW (Republic of Gamers, blah) with win8 because the forums gave instructions (even Bios options) on how to get Win7 to install. It was easy. If you have ever installed win7, then really, it's the same deal. I got the one with the best hardware (i7 / USB3 / nVidia 765mGTX) and Windows update actually found drivers that worked for most of the hardware. Win8 drivers from Asus support actually worked for Win7 for specific hardware.

So, it's possible to get hardware today that runs Win7. I recommend you get the best hardware you can afford since the next time you buy a laptop *3 years from now* you probably won't get the OS you want on it. Alienware (DELL) is more expensive but Win7 compatible

Gigantic KUDOs for everyone creating this amazing forum and keeping it alive. Long live SORR!!!!! Long live SORR!!!!

~Brown Cow
Brown Cow
Brown Cow

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 am

Welcome, Brown Cow.

Yeah, I've bought my Dell laptop right before Chinese New Year here in China (around February) and it had Win7 by default. I was lucky as well since now many laptops are getting this awful crap of Win8.

Definitely worth "downgrading" to Win7.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  serp Wed May 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Brown Cow wrote:
Saven wrote:

New to the forums but played SORR for a long time now. Just to hit the topic (which a sore one with me, hence this initial post on this topic LOL) Windows 7.  New laptops with 7 are nearly impossible to find. 8 is just pushed onto us like we're all sheep...baaaah! If you do your research and I know you guys do! you can find some mfg's that have hardware that is 7 compatible. Just getting the drivers for a full Win7 install on Win8 hardware can be tough.

I JUST bought an ASUS G750JW (Republic of Gamers, blah) with win8 because the forums gave instructions (even Bios options) on how to get Win7 to install. It was easy. If you have ever installed win7, then really, it's the same deal. I got the one with the best hardware (i7 / USB3 / nVidia 765mGTX) and Windows update actually found drivers that worked for most of the hardware. Win8 drivers from Asus support actually worked for Win7 for specific hardware.

So, it's possible to get hardware today that runs Win7. I recommend you get the best hardware you can afford since the next time you buy a laptop *3 years from now* you probably won't get the OS you want on it. Alienware (DELL) is more expensive but Win7 compatible

Gigantic KUDOs for everyone creating this amazing forum and keeping it alive. Long live SORR!!!!! Long live SORR!!!!

~Brown Cow

I don't think Windows wants to support laptops. There were a number of issues going back to Vista on laptops, I'm not sure they were resolved going forward either. The only laptops I have I have XP on, and I barely use them.

You can build your own hardware for a desktop, and for those you will usually be able to use Win7 on because manufacturers will support the most popular OS they can. A lot of new hardware won't run with XP, but most will run on 7 because to my knowledge there is nothing really new in 8 or 9 that would require a change in hardware.

The jump from XP to 7 was mostly for SSDs, 64 bit architecture and probably DX11, although many games still run on DX9. For SORR none of these things are a real issue, so it should be fine on anything going forward.
serp
serp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sat May 17, 2014 4:32 pm

HI,who know How much is the jump kick sound data by rudra? i want to change it what i like

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Sun May 18, 2014 4:11 pm

About Rudra's ending...

When they say no cheat does that means every single one, even the ones that are harmless like Blaze SoR2 panties on and thugs dying after the boss is dead? Cause yesterday I could barely beat SoR1 route as Rudra (With just 2 lives before going game over) and I got the SoR1 ending, not even the Mania ending ;_;

Well, re-reading this I figured I don't have to go mania with Rudra but yeaaah, wanna make sure I meet the requirements next time for either the Mania ending or Rudra's ending. And also, are continues not allowed?

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun May 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Absolutely no cheats are allowed, not even BK2 Blaze.

And you can't save state out of a game either. You have to play it from the beginning to the end.

Continues are allowed.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Sun May 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks Saven!

Heeeeeere I go again! ;w;

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down