SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films Thread

+11
cabo-hicks
BigDarsh
Mr.Din
bazzza
badjab326
Don Vecta
RuffNTumble
Waruiva
Benny26
Charco
Saven
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Films Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Films Thread

Post  Benny26 Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:41 am

Only thing what annoyed me about Expendables 2...

Spoiler:

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 am

There's a fucking Ex 3 in the making? I'm still pissed I didn't get to see 2 in the theater ;-;
Benny26 wrote:Only thing what annoyed me about Expendables 2...

Spoiler:
well that's what he gets for turning down the first movie. Wink I agree about jai and chan, Expendables is just a straight up gold mine in the field of shitty movies these days.

Ironman 3 was pretty disappointing but then again, I don't think Avengers being so epic really helps lol.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah that was kind of disappointing, however I was waiting the entire movie to see him do his signature kick which is my favorite fighting move in the world, and I wasn't disappointed because he did it TWICE in a row.

Also I have a free ticket to Iron Man 3, I'm not pressed to see it though after what people have been saying.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:40 am

badjab326 wrote:Yeah that was kind of disappointing, however I was waiting the entire movie to see him do his signature kick which is my favorite fighting move in the world, and I wasn't disappointed because he did it TWICE in a row.

Also I have a free ticket to Iron Man 3, I'm not pressed to see it though after what people have been saying.
I say go, it's not a waste of your money if it's free Razz

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Final Man of Steel trailer

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Saven wrote:Final Man of Steel trailer

I've decided to avoid all trailers and news about MoS until I go see it next weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 am

Just came back from the Man of Steel.

I probably hyped myself up a little but for this one, but I still enjoyed it. It made up for TDKR, which I was really disappointed with (and also made up for Superman Returns, which was just downright terrible).

I like Henry Cavill as Superman and especially like Amy Adams as Lois Lane and I feel that she was the best part of the movie. Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe were also pretty good as well. The action was fucking brilliant and the visual effects are awesome. I liked General Zod's character and felt that he a good reason behind the destruction and chaos that he brings into the movie.

My biggest issue with the movie was the pacing. It went WAAAAY too fast. The movie as a whole felt rushed overall and I feel like we missed out on story development that we should've saw more of. And I feel like besides the primary characters like Superman, Lois, Johnathan Kent, Jor-El, and Zod, the secondary characters felt FLAT as hell. I really feel like we should've gotten more development out of the likes of Martha Kent and Perry White.

Overall though, I enjoyed it and it was a great action movie, but I did leave wanting a little more. I would probably give it either a 7.5/10 or a 8/10.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm

I am going to see it tonight, looking forward to it. Decided not to watch any trailers since the first one and haven't really read anything about it either. Too many spoilers these days, you feel like you have seen the movie before you get to the cinema (well, with the exception of Iron Man 3, which looked awesome in the trailers but turned out to be one of my most hated movies ever).

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:25 am

SharkNado just premiered on SyFy.

One of the funniest fucking movies I have ever seen. 10/10.

Films Thread - Page 3 Sharknado
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 am

What the FUCK!? Ben Affleck casted as Batman in Man of Steel sequel

He's a good director and all, but shit I can't take him seriously as my favorite superhero. This movie is getting shittier and shittier every month.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Oh dear.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Saven if you like those kind of movie, i can recommand you those one:
Sand Shark
Tremors 2

You gonna laugh for sure!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:09 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Saven if you like those kind of movie, i can recommand you those one:
Sand Shark
Tremors 2

You gonna laugh for sure!
Oh I'm sure I will. I'm a sucker for bad horror movies. Laughing 

Thanks for the suggestions.

On a related note: I just found out that one of the producers for SharkNado went to my college and took the same professor that I am taking for my producing class.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Nice side note dude!

If you really like those kind of movie, you can even start with Tremors 1 which is a nice "starter" before the "main dish" (Tremors 2). The other, 3 and 4 are not that "good" (i mean, not as laughable are the two others).

I have related note about sand sharks: The french name for the movie "jaws" is "les dents de la mer" which means "the teeth of the sea". The french name for the movie Sand Sharks is "the teeth of the beach". OMG I was just Laughing when I first saw that title.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:49 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Nice side note dude!

If you really like those kind of movie, you can even start with Tremors 1 which is a nice "starter" before the "main dish" (Tremors 2). The other, 3 and 4 are not that "good" (i mean, not as laughable are the two others).

I have related note about sand sharks: The french name for the movie "jaws" is "les dents de la mer" which means "the teeth of the sea". The french name for the movie Sand Sharks is "the teeth of the beach". OMG I was just Laughing when I first saw that title.
Laughing Bizarre names.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:22 pm

i saw "man of steel" one month ago, and i have to say it... WHAT A TRUE SHIT!. Evil or Very Mad 

yeah, very good special effects, a good prologue on kripton, but cḿon! 1 hour or so for just a prologue?

and after that, we see directly superman as a man. so, we no saw how he grows and how he discover his powers. but in opposition to that, we see a lot of stupid flashbacks elsewhere. Razz

and special mention for the scene where
better i not save you:

really, too much special sffects, millions and blah blah blah, but im sorry... this movie simply doents have soul.

i prefer a million of times the jewel of the first original movie by richard donner and cristopher reeve as superman.

remakes.. many times are just true shits! Evil or Very Mad

ps:
----
well, could be worst... this is the 2nd worst super heroes movie i saw in my life.

which are the worst super heroe movie for me?

the first was of course "wathmen", where all the super heroes was sad because their friend was killed. good, they have a friend that rape womans...

really, but what kind of drugs takes the scripter of that shit? Shocked oh god... Rolling Eyes

the only thing that you can save for that movie was roshack. i love him Twisted Evil 

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:05 pm

While I kinda agree on Man of Steel (I wasn't a big fan and I pretty much forgot I even saw it), I completely disagree on Watchmen, and I feel like it may be one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's very unique and memorable. Not to mention it's incredibly accurate to the original comic, with the few changes making a lot of sense.

It's not a plain and simple hero vs. villain storyline. It's about the more difficult choices and problems that arise in the life of someone with that much responsibility.

Besides, Batman & Robin is far worse than either of these movies.

Last edited by badjab326 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 pm

cabo-hicks wrote:well, could be worst... this is the 2nd worst super heroes movie i saw in my life.
Someone hasn't seen Superman IV or Batman & Robin
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:11 pm

from watchmen i like the powers of the chars. and i like a lot roshack. that is like dexter (the real dexter, not the fuck inoccents murder that they producers makes that he become).

i like details like how usa won the vietnam war thanks to they, thats very original. but i dont like the history and the drama that the movie have.

i dont like how the super friends defend that fuck rapist, and how SPOILER!:
roshack battle:

about "batman and robin" & "superman IV"... yeah, i hear that before.

well, i like some datails of both movies.

the robin history was good, the action scenes etc. however the movie had a very rare "neon streets" art, and well is not the best of the batman movies.

but for me it was entertaining. and I did not have many expectations when I saw it.

superman IV the same. is the worst of the 4. cause the history starts fine, with the missiles and the blonde superman.

however, what a deception... if him doenst have sunlight, he dies. hehehe. it looks like he need one solar battery on their ass!... Rolling Eyes lol!

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:42 pm

I think you misunderstood the film a bit. Nobody was defending The Comedian, they were investigating his murder out of fear that they may be next.

As for the drama and the ending, it's what's unique about this superhero movie. It actually makes you think about consequences, repercussions and responsibilities. Don't get me wrong, I like mindless action films just as much as the next guy, but it's nice to have a break from the norm as far as hero stories go. And I would encourage directors and writers to continue doing things differently, and being closer to the source material is always a plus.

Idk about you guys, but I get bored of seeing the same old "good guy beats everyone, saves everyone (except maybe 1 or 2 people) and lives happily ever after as a hero" movies after so long.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 pm

dont worry. different persons different oppinions. Wink

however, i always look for a good history than for too much special effects.
i like fx special effects, but i think that nowadays the producers dont have none imagination...

so usuallty they only take special effects for make the movie, and completelly forget the script. that in my oppinion, is the most important part of the movie. the base for all.

for a VERY VERY GOOD example, you only have to see dexter... Evil or Very Mad 
a super good tv series in the beginning, that after many seassons now is completely done and rooten.

they (show time) dont know what make now. and in my oppinion, they ruin the whole series with stupid things like absurd love relationships, beetwhen SPOILER

what is love? baby dont hurt me... LOL:

so now, just for keep the sucess of the series , they are making a pure shit of chapters.
where the common sense of the story has go away many time before. and now is just a very bad soap opera.

i read that this new 8 seasson (by now only in english) is very bored. and that the chapters are all completely boring. where all the emotion comes just in the end of every chapter.

this way of "save the surprise moment for the end" is called "clifthangers". and i read that they abuse A LOT of that. Razz

but the most annoy, is how they even has saying that dexter doents will have a happy ending. (just like i though by the way).

so... wheres the emotion if you already know that dexter will die for sure? Razz

apart, this is very typical and very boring for me. cause is the "politycal correct shit ending" of always... SPOILERS
is the ending of MANY movies:

im already so tired of that moralist shit.  show time and many films producers/scripters doents have none imagination!. Mad 

really, i hope that after dexter ends, they got a lot of complaints from the people. and they pay their complete lack of originality in the success of their next TV series. just like happened with "fringe" after the "Lost" ending fiasco/disappointment.

ps:
----
changing the subject... someone has saw those max payne spanish fanmade shortfilms? Very Happy (are in english)
max payne shortfilms:

greetings Wink

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:36 pm

I watched the 2nd video and was very impressed. Even with the english dubs and the funny reload game section it didn't come off as overly cheesy. Leagues better than the official film that was released.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 pm

I do not know the comics Watchmen, but sure I do think the movie is pretty interesting since superheroes are not depicted as a standard "badass guy" and it really show you the dark side of the "shining coin" if I can say so.

Really, this is the best super hero movie to me, lots of material to think within; even better than V for Vendetta the movie, or The Dark Knight (batman movie).

Just my opinion though!

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 pm

i enjoy a lot V for vendetta. Smile

in fact, just like i though is was one prediction of the true revolution that really was years ago.

when after a bankrup of the banks in usa, after abuse of the system, in many countries people starts to go out to the streets for complains to the governments about this "crisis", that is really a global scam orchestrated by governments and banks.

so that movie was ahead of his time, and was brillant. Thumbs up Thumbs up 

i remenber then, other super good movie from arnold swarzenegger of the 1987 year: "the running man", in spain it was named: "perseguido" (pursued).

that movie starts with this message:
the running man movie intro:

when i saw this film, many people says that it was very exaggerated...
maybe. but take a look today... some things still looks like fantasy, but others... scratch

reality:
(reality versus fiction):

well, obviously i do not want to be alarmist in none way. Laughing Laughing Laughing 
but you guys had to admit, that the script of the movie in some way, doents look too much unreal now... fine? Whut? 

i saw this film recently, and i found this very curious. Surprised 

ps:
---
since is an old movie, i found the full movie in spanish on youtube very easy... just search:
"youtube Perseguido Español" on google and you find it very easily.

i really recomended see this old but very cool action movie, for those that doent saw it yet. Smile

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Films Thread - Page 3 Jim-Carrey-and-Jeff-Daniels-on-set-of-Dumb-and-Dumber-To-585x329

I'm so happy to see this. I can't wait for this movie! Very Happy 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next