SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE)

+4
vince
Don Vecta
Charco
Cm_Blast
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE) Empty Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE)

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Greetings again. I'm here to show you another mod of mine that has been improved as well as that of the "Kings of dragons".

This version 3.0 is almost identical to the 2.0, only now I have used scenarios from the arcade version. They are also animated!
I've also made some slight modifications in some parts to be more logical.

¡Now with custom items!
Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE) Custom10

The mod featured:
-7 levels taken from the original game.
-The position, Health and placement of enemies and objects is the most accurate possible.
-fully animated scenes (even the start scene).
-Music belongs to the original arcade (Small fixes from the 2.0 version)
-Palettes (unchanged from the previous version)
-More horses than V 2.0 (a sword in Sorr).
-Some enemies drop items or food (in the original game the "green orb" transform enemies into food; sometimes alied soldiers drop food too).
-Specifications for normal and hard levels
--> Normal = play original game: 1 player
--> Hard = 2 players (very hard not to increase the number of enemies)
*new*
-Custom items, including "walls" and "falling drums".
-Custom music for select character and stage clear.
-Abadede changed for Bongo.

Special notes:
-This mod isn´t as hard as Cadillacs & Dinosaurs or Warriors of fate, so feel free to play with any character you want (I mean in normal level). I beat the game using Max with his original Sor 2 delay).
-If you didn´t had the opportunity to play the version 2.0, play my the new and improved 3.0 one.
-If you already played the version 2.0, try this one in hard, very hard... because will add some extras enemies (and the kick boxing guys can make you lose lifes).

Final Update to modern era:
- Middle cutscenes centred and a new final cutscene.
- Folder data with a new crusher.
- Enemies on "Hard or above" have been changed to "only 2 players".
* With this now there are the same numbers of enemies for all levels of difficulty.
- Electra2 replaced by Donovan3.
- Bongo2 replaced by Bongo3.
- Jack replaced by Clown.
- Music extended (no loop).
- Fix on some custom items.
- Some objects and food will occasionally be split as in the original game.
* Instead of an object healing 100 life, now there are two healing 50.

Promotional vid:

Links:
Download here:
https://mega.nz/file/j2ITTKwD#QqJq1P1pDNJojQrlUr2m5uZJzYNd3TgHP032uV8IxZU

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:01 pm; edited 11 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE) Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE)

Post  Charco Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Nice! I will download this version Very Happy 

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE) Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE)

Post  Don Vecta Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:06 pm

More mods piling up as I wait till I get my PC repaired.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:40 pm

New update for this mod, now it has a new set of custom items.

Here the imagen:
Streets of Rage mod - Knights of the Round v3.0 (REMADE) Custom11

This items are animated, so the fire it's alive!

I changed Abadede for a Bongo. In this battle the boss have 2 kick-boxing guys (and other soldiers), so Abadede is too strong, and more comparing with the previous/next levels, which have a Particle, a Mifune and a Yamato.

There are 2 new musics: One for select character and another for stage clear.

I was about to remove the "Stage X Start", but I notice when you beat a level the "stage clear bonus" is 0. (and some people play without timer, so they barely will gain points for beating a level). So the "stage X starts" still there.

The Link is the first post, updated.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Good work!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Thanks.

A minor update. The falling drums now are a custom item too, although i think the hitbox remains the same. First post updated.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Another arcade homage done. Of course I played the original mod time ago, but the tweaks with v5.1, the new custom items and the ability to play CPU in mods brought a new fresh air to this mod.

The homage environment changes dramatically with the incursion of breakable items. It was quite creative to make the falling drums customable, however, the breaking animation reverts to the original drum since seems there's no break frame to customize.

The mod NEEDS more 2p food, though. I remember the original game was too generous with the food since the player was able to chop the items into smaller ones, but it's not the case here: there's tons of hardcore enemies lurking (like kickboxers, troll ninjas, etc.) and the only way to survive a 2p CPU match is to nanny your partner and allowing him/her to take all the treasure so he/she can build lives, otherwise, it's quite easy for them to die.

It's still a well constructed mod, indeed. Shame the ending was still dull in spite the new features for cinematics and credits.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Another arcade homage done. Of course I played the original mod time ago, but the tweaks with v5.1, the new custom items and the ability to play CPU in mods brought a new fresh air to this mod.

The homage environment changes dramatically with the incursion of breakable items. It was quite creative to make the falling drums customable, however, the breaking animation reverts to the original drum since seems there's no break frame to customize.

The mod NEEDS more 2p food, though. I remember the original game was too generous with the food since the player was able to chop the items into smaller ones, but it's not the case here: there's tons of hardcore enemies lurking (like kickboxers, troll ninjas, etc.) and the only way to survive a 2p CPU match is to nanny your partner and allowing him/her to take all the treasure so he/she can build lives, otherwise, it's quite easy for them to die.

It's still a well constructed mod, indeed. Shame the ending was still dull in spite the new features for cinematics and credits.

The mod only have "all difficulty" enemies and "hard or above", If you play alone in hard or more you will facing all those enemies by yourself.
Anyway, the CPU is going to died no matter what mod you play. I remember play some of my mods in normal-hard and de CPU is still dieing lots of lives. Giving him most the treasures and food but in the end he can use a continue (I'm talking about the balance partner, not the agressive).

Anyway. My firsts step is making custom items for all my mods. Cutscenes and music is my worst side, maybe I will update that late too. 

If I'm not mistaked is possible creating a final cutscene/credits even with a stage 8 with a final boss Right?

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:26 pm

I just tried it (I didn't try the former version), and that's very good playing! The maps are the same of "3 en caza", no? But seems better, probably another source.
About the objects, that's a very good thing! Few remarks:
- it's strange the wooden barrel falling from the ceiling are vertical and not horizontal,
- when we hit the falling barrel and falling balls, they become classic metal barrel, too bad,
- for the walls, the way they are broken in several steps is weird, like the time is freeze,

One last remark: Electra called "Swordman", it doesn't work. She doesn't have sword and she is not a man. I know you just apply the same rule as every punk, but for her, may be you have to find another solution.

Thanks again for your job.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:46 pm

vince wrote:I just tried it (I didn't try the former version), and that's very good playing! The maps are the same of "3 en caza", no? But seems better, probably another source.
About the objects, that's a very good thing! Few remarks:
- it's strange the wooden barrel falling from the ceiling are vertical and not horizontal,
- when we hit the falling barrel and falling balls, they become classic metal barrel, too bad,
- for the walls, the way they are broken in several steps is weird, like the time is freeze,

One last remark: Electra called "Swordman", it doesn't work. She doesn't have sword and she is not a man. I know you just apply the same rule as every punk, but for her, may be you have to find another solution.

Thanks again for your job.

Thanks.

My very first version of "knights of the round" was using the Snes scenarios. I reused those scenarios for my "3 en caza". Later, when I started to rip directly for the Cps version I redid this mod (looks much better this way, and the backgrounds are animated).

- The wooden barrels fall in vertical in the original game too, but true, I could adapted to horizontal, fitting better the hitbox.
- I search for change that metal-barret sprite without no luck. If one day someone (or myself) find how to make it I would change it without hesitation, but for now those falling objets have the metal barrel =(.
- I could choose the other option: Only 2 sprites. One for the wall, and another when the wall is broken.
Just for the show I include a "almost break" wall when the wall have 1/4 of their life, although yes, look a bit weird. I just did it this way because the walls are alone (no enemies near), so the player is going to killing quickly and It will not look so weird.
If more people find this weird I could just change it like this: "intact-wall --> broken-wall" without that third sprite.

Isn't Electra, is Poison XD.
Joke aside. In my Captain Commando mod someone found funny how "Mardia", a monstrous woman, were converted in my mod with "Ash", a fabulous man. 

I often use Electra 2 in my mods; and for example in the Sailor Moon Mod most of the enemies are women, even you can see Mr.X as "Queen Beryl".

Thanks for playing.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Pantha35 Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:47 am

Is there another mirror for this Mod? I'm having trouble downloading it.

Pantha35
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:18 am

Pantha35 wrote:Is there another mirror for this Mod? I'm having trouble downloading it.
Really? Cm_Blast put two links, and one of the both is skydrive, I never heard there are some problems to download from it...
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:44 pm

vince wrote:Really? Cm_Blast put two links, and one of the both is skydrive, I never heard there are some problems to download from it...

I think you need a Hotmail/Outlook account to download from there, the same with 4share; at least it was before. 

Anyway Pantha, I uploaded here, is temporal but you have 30 days, before being deleted. 
I don't know a good server, but I hope is good enough to allow you to download it.

http://www.filedropper.com/sorr-kotritems

I just needed 5 minutes to download it, and works.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Pantha35 Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:29 pm

vince wrote:
Pantha35 wrote:Is there another mirror for this Mod? I'm having trouble downloading it.
Really? Cm_Blast put two links, and one of the both is skydrive, I never heard there are some problems to download from it...

I tried both links multiple times, if it had worked, I would not have asked.

cm_blast wrote:Anyway Pantha, I uploaded here, is temporal but you have 30 days, before being deleted.
I don't know a good server, but I hope is good enough to allow you to download it.

Thanks, I'll get to downloading it right now.

EDIT: Yep, it downloaded perfectly fine. Thanks again.

Pantha35
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  nandayo Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi everybody, and thanks to the autor and all others for this awsome work.

I' have been playing SORR for a long time, but I only discover those awsome mods ; I tried to play it, it work well except for the palettes, that I never succeeded to use ; in one of your previous mod's (alien vs predator) Readme, I read that we had to replace "char"' and "ennemies" (I never succeded even for this one however, still the original caracters and ennemies), but in this new mod, there is only one rep "palettes" and no longer readme file, so I'm not sore how to use it...

Any clue would be appreciated ; of course the mod without palettes is already fun, but it must be awsome to have custom ennemies skins...

Thanks by advance !

nandayo
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:04 pm

nandayo wrote:Hi everybody, and thanks to the autor and all others for this awsome work.

I' have been playing SORR for a long time, but I only discover those awsome mods ; I tried to play it, it work well except for the palettes, that I never succeeded to use ; in one of your previous mod's (alien vs predator) Readme, I read that we had to replace "char"' and "ennemies" (I never succeded even for this one however, still the original caracters and ennemies), but in this new mod, there is only one rep "palettes" and no longer readme file, so I'm not sore how to use it...

Any clue would be appreciated ; of course the mod without palettes is already fun, but it must be awsome to have custom ennemies skins...

Thanks by advance !

Hiya, welcome to the forums. Smile

I highly recommend you the palette manager application to be used in SORR. It will help you to install custom palettes easily. Check the SORmaker main forum and se through utilities.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:18 pm

nandayo wrote:Hi everybody, and thanks to the autor and all others for this awsome work.

Thanks by advance !

To make them work you need to select all the ".pal" files from "the Knights of the Round palettes" folder, and paste into the route:
"Streets of Rage Remake (or the name you had)/palettes/enemies"

This will overwrite the files.

I suggest you the thing that Vecta said. Look at this post
http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t71-utility-palette-manager-english-espanol-updated-04-04-13

With this tool you can choose any palette you want. You can forget about overwritting things. The program will back up the original ones and is easy to change from one palette from another with just 1 click.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:44 pm

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:24 pm

If I were doing this mod (and all the rest) right now probably I would get rid of the extra enemies, setting them to a 2 player only. Here now they are in the Hard or above because the first Sorr version which 2 players make appears the enemies set in hard.

Anyway, I'm impresed by the final boss. He manages to deal more damage to you than I expected.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Considering the usage of top tier mooks appearing regularly, it makes it harder to play with other mid-tier characters (not impossible) but yeah, having kickboxers all the way too often, it hurts.

It's still a great mod nevertheless.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:13 am

Looks awesome!!! Donwloading!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Wow, Knights of the Round. This is my older brother's favourite arcade game. I'm pretty sure he will so happy after knowing this (because he likes SOR too) Very Happy

And yeah, I found a mistake again (just one)

In the beginning of stage 1, one of swordsman has a name Donovan xD

By the way, it seems you didn't give an info about replacement between Electra-2 and Donovan-3. Because your screenshot above still using an old version
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Persephone wrote:Wow, Knights of the Round. This is my older brother's favourite arcade game. I'm pretty sure he will so happy after knowing this (because he likes SOR too) Very Happy

And yeah, I found a mistake again (just one)

In the beginning of stage 1, one of swordsman has a name Donovan xD

By the way, it seems you didn't give an info about replacement between Electra-2 and Donovan-3. Because your screenshot above still using an old version

Oh, that Donovan should be easy; I don't know how I didn't see him. Well... fixed now, thanks again.

Since I did a massive update to a dozen of my mods, instead editing and raising that many posts, I created a big post with a list of changes. There are 3 or 4 mods with some remplacements, so the screenshot-video don't always show everything.

But at the end I didn't went for all the posts with "new final final update: stuff".

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Oh, now I understand. Vince said :

So, that's why you change them? At first, I hope if I would encounter so many Electras here but unfortunately, they had gone Sad
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:43 am

Persephone wrote:Oh, now I understand. Vince said :

So, that's why you change them? At first, I hope if I would encounter so many Electras here but unfortunately, they had gone Sad

I didn't change the electra because the name, but because the mod already have plenty of hard-sub-bosses enemies. Electra 2, Bongo 2, Jack the Muay Thai, P1, Tigers, Mifunes...

Too many too strong enemies. Was worse with the harder or above enemies also appearing. I downgraded a few of them to a more easy enemy and no more enemies appear on harder, just on 2 player only (which was my first intention anyway; Sor 5.0 playing at 2 players spawned the next difficulty enemies, that's why I made it this way at first).

At the end it's about a balanced. I used too many "jacks" everytime I see a "knife guy" in my early going. Most of then (other mods) got changed into galsias to avoid 3-4 Jacks at once.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next