SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE)

+5
Security
vince
MangoRyu28
Charco
Cm_Blast
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Empty Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE)

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 pm

llo everyone. I came to show the community my new mod: a "The King of dragons" one, completely remade.

The King of Dragons was my first mod based in an original game, but I use small images/backgrounds of the SNES version and paletes were not the best.

All that is behind us, now my mod has been remade, both scenarios as paletes and enemies.

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Compar11
                                      (before)                                                                                             (now)

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Paleti10
                        (before)                                                     (now)

This mod Featured:
-The scenarios have been redone, now ripped stages and backgrounds from the Arcade version and not from the SNES.
-Backgrounds full animated.
-New and improved palettes for all enemies.
-Lots of enemies, but with short life.
-15 bosses to defeat.
-No "Stage Clear".
-Special specifications for levels normal, hard and very difficult (In the original: 1 player = normal, 2 players = difficult, 3 players = very difficult).
*NEW*
-Custom items: Chests, barrels, skeleton...
-Two different traps. Both Egg and explosive Barrel type.
-Because the Abadadedes, the food in those places were added/improve.

Final Update to modern era:
- Middle cutscenes enhanced and a new final cutscene.
- Music extended (no loop).
- Three possible routes based on the number of players in the original arcade.
* The value of healing items, weapon strength and number of enemies will vary depending of the route.
- The health of the bosses remains the same regardless of the route and difficulty of the game.
* The bosses don't trigger a "stage clear" (but they drop food - pick up quickly).
- The same number of enemies for any difficulty.
- The battle against the Dark wizard (Particle) is now a little harder.

2018 Update:
- Boss battle now scale with the path chosen (the difficulty does not affect).
* Third route had the same health as before (unchanged from the previous version).
* Second route had 10% less health.
* First Route had 20% less heatlh.
- Bosses no longer drop food. Now the stage starts with a wood/metal/gold chest (depending of the route) containing food.
* Wood chest contain a pizza (first route).
* Metal chest contain a apple (second route).
* Gold chest contain a pineapple (third route).
- On the third route a Donovan was spamming into a wall; fixed.

Screenshots:
Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Pantal10Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Pantal11Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Pantal13Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Some_i13

Video:

Links: 
Download here:
https://mega.nz/file/SuhW2C5L#7TtgBiycliBssH7vN0Fbwad0Yil3xysQAAaAdwufiNQ

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:08 pm; edited 16 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE)

Post  Charco Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Glad you replaced the inferior SNES rips with the arcade backgrounds, will definitely try this now Smile

Do you think you will make mod of Warriors of Fate? I love the backgrounds in that game

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE)

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:05 am

Charco wrote:Glad you replaced the inferior SNES rips with the arcade backgrounds, will definitely try this now Smile

Do you think you will make mod of Warriors of Fate? I love the backgrounds in that game

Thanks ^^.

Oh yeah, I played (lots of years ago) that game. If I remember well there was like 6 different palettes (or more) justo for the basic javelin soldiers.

Maybe some day ^^.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  MangoRyu28 Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:15 am

Just got done playing this a few hours ago. Overall, I would say I really enjoyed the mod. The best part in my opinion was the palettes, really made the mod interesting. I thought some of the levels were short, but I also didn't realize how many levels were in the mod until I got to level 8 and the game didn't end Wink Good stuff man, looking forward to playing some more of your mods.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 pm

MangoRyu28 wrote:Just got done playing this a few hours ago. Overall, I would say I really enjoyed the mod. The best part in my opinion was the palettes, really made the mod interesting. I thought some of the levels were short, but I also didn't  realize how many levels were in the mod until I got to level 8 and the game didn't end ;)Good stuff man, looking forward to playing some more of your mods.

Thanks ^^.

In the first version (of the 2.0 one) there was one "stage clear" every two levels of King of dragons.

As in the original game were a total of 16 levels and did not want to make it appear that there are only eight I remove the "stage clears".

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:42 pm

I got stuck on stage 3 (the mountain area) in the second part (night time). I think a Slum appeared in the collision map or something. I had to quit the game. Was playing on Hard.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Charco wrote:I got stuck on stage 3 (the mountain area) in the second part (night time). I think a Slum appeared in the collision map or something. I had to quit the game. Was playing on Hard.

Sorry about that. maybe I put a Slum in a bad place (treading green zone) . I swear I played the game in normal, hard and very hard.

Ok, I changed it.
Now I Put the right Slums off the screen (in the black zone), and the slums to the left I put them a little down on the screen.

Then I tested it in the beginning (stoping the screen), I tested it in the middle and I tested it in the far left. All the slums appear now (even on very hard).

If you advance to the far left some slums drop down instead the normal walking intro, but all of them appear.

Get this fix (if you want it).
http://www.4shared.com/get/-Zlf0lAf/stage2b.html

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks man, I will replace the smk file with this one.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:44 pm

OK, this Here is a final release with all the custom items, here a image showing the three chests from the original game:
Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) Some_i11
The rest of the items are there too (vase, barrel, box...)

Right now barrels, crates and skeletons will drop remains of the same items (when you hit the skeleton you will see the head, torso and bones spreading before dissapearing), the same for other items (but not all of them).

The original chests/barrel/box... were to small for Sor characters, so people like Axel 1 had lots of problems with hitting with a single punch. Those images now are taller (the size of the chests remains the same) so the hit-box for these items increase, but if someone encounter a Character who can't hit them with the single "B" button, tell me.

The first post have the link for the full mod available. If you already have the mod use the last link, which includes all the "object" and ".smk" files and overwrite the mod.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:15 am

Hi! Just tried it, these new items are perfect! It is a detail in a mod, but the effect is very strong because it change sormaker habits we can have. The first time I saw a skeleton, I didn't think it was an item I missed it! Razz
Thank you!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Links don't work and palette sub/dir wasn't present, in the link from "Completed mods" threat (i downloaded it from there)... Needs a small refresh for links... Please?
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:12 am

Security wrote:Links don't work and palette sub/dir wasn't present, in the link from "Completed mods" threat (i downloaded it from there)... Needs a small refresh for links... Please?

Seems like he forget to add the palettes.

Download the one in this first post (4share or onedrive). I tried both of them right now and the links are working.
custom palettes included in both version.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Hmm, after playing this mod, I feel nostalgic about this game. The King of Dragons was one of my favourite arcade game. But I don't know why the enemy's name is in Spanish. That's why I need a permission to edit it. Unlike Alien VS Predator which I replace the enemies with their older version, this time I just change their name to English. But I think it would be better if we give them a multiple names. For example, Orc (which has a name "Orco" in Spanish). I change their name to Green Orc, Blue Orc, and Orc Captain.

You can check it here : https://imgur.com/a/D0Ip4ZV
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Persephone wrote:Hmm, after playing this mod, I feel nostalgic about this game. The King of Dragons was one of my favourite arcade game. But I don't know why the enemy's name is in Spanish. That's why I need a permission to edit it. Unlike Alien VS Predator which I replace the enemies with their older version, this time I just change their name to English. But I think it would be better if we give them a multiple names. For example, Orc (which has a name "Orco" in Spanish). I change their name to Green Orc, Blue Orc, and Orc Captain.

You can check it here : https://imgur.com/a/D0Ip4ZV

This was the first tribute mod I ever made. There is no naming of the enemies in the game itself, so I went to my own language Razz. Keep in mind when I did this mod it barely had any cutscenes. Only 1 stactic picture between levels and another for "the end". In fact, I used the Snes backgrounds backgrounds to make the map. Also I was not expecting to do "amazing" mods back then, so for my only-personal use there isn't any problem to use names like "Orco, Momia, Lagarto, Mago" and so on.

Today, if the game don't have specific naming on enemies, I usually go into the "arcade quarter master" webpage and use that naming. Same with the palettes; are based on that page too.

Maybe one day I replace the name with those. so no more "triton" but "Sahuagin".

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:58 am

Arcadequartermaster? So you know about that page too? It's my favourite website to see an arcade game.
By the way, the name I've used were also came from there. If you point your mouse pointer to the enemy's image, and wait for 1 second, you can see their name.
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:48 am

Persephone wrote:Arcadequartermaster? So you know about that page too? It's my favourite website to see an arcade game.
By the way, the name I've used were also came from there. If you point your mouse pointer to the enemy's image, and wait for 1 second, you can see their name.
Yes, I have several tribute mods, so I use that page a lot. Although sometimes a palette it's missing. For example there is a red sword-lizard not present on that page.

It's that, the day I did the mod (or remade it) I wasn' using that page yet to do the naming. One day I'll remane all the enemies.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Hmm, before you update it, I will tell you something
Same with AvP, when I was editing your mod, I found a mistake :
1. In stage 4, before facing a Hydra, one of the Orc (in red color) has a name.....Slum???
2. In original game, when battling with Hydra, the blue one is in top position, the red one is in middle, and the green one is in bottom. You can change their position if you want.
3. In stage 8, look for Lizardmen in flesh color with shadow intro. They are not a Lizard, but a Tiger @_@
That's all the problem I know.
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Persephone wrote:Hmm, before you update it, I will tell you something
Same with AvP,  when I was editing your mod, I found a mistake :
1. In stage 4, before facing a Hydra, one of the Orc (in red color) has a name.....Slum???
2. In original game, when battling with Hydra, the blue one is in top position, the red one is in middle, and the green one is in bottom. You can change their position if you want.
3. In stage 8, look for Lizardmen in flesh color with shadow intro. They are not a Lizard, but a Tiger @_@
That's all the problem I know.

Thanks for finding all the mistakes. Sometimes I encounter a wrong name but then I forgot to change it later.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:41 am

Aha, I was found another mistakes :

1. In stage 9, before facing a Black Knight, there are some skeleton (I love the idea to use Donovan-2 train intro to make a "living undead raise from the ground"). However, 2 of them were placed in wrong position because after they spawn, they got stuck in the wall.

2. In stage 15, when battling against Cyclops Brother (I don't know about another version), in arcade version, the soundtrack name for those bosses is "animal game", while in your MOD, you're playing soundtrack "under pressure" instead. Correct me if I'm wrong

Hope this helps Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Persephone wrote:Aha, I was found another mistakes :

1. In stage 9, before facing a Black Knight, there are some skeleton (I love the idea to use Donovan-2 train intro to make a "living undead raise from the ground"). However, 2 of them were placed in wrong position because after they spawn, they got stuck in the wall.

2. In stage 15, when battling against Cyclops Brother (I don't know about another version), in arcade version, the soundtrack name for those bosses is "animal game", while in your MOD, you're playing soundtrack "under pressure" instead. Correct me if I'm wrong

Hope this helps Smile

I am aware of the 2 Donnies. I already move them some time ago, but I forgot if I reuploaded the mod fixed or not.

Opps, that was a mistake. Yes, definitely helps.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Uhm, cm_blast, I've already tested your newest version of this MOD. And I want to say is :

This is a VERY GREAT MOD Very Happy

By the way, I have a something for you. I've edited your newest TKOD by changing the enemy's name to English language and each enemy has a different names (Green Orc, Blue Orc, etc)

You can download it here, perhaps you will be interested (all of mistakes such as wrong names has been fixed) :

https://app.box.com/s/rjow184k12ntu9ylst88fta911z64ujw

Oh, one more thing. When editing your MOD, I found a one mistake which very interesting to me. In the scene before facing Wyvern in stage 3, one of Green Orc on the right side of the map still has a default names. However, I figured if this mistake was appear only on easy mode. Both normal and hard mode didn't have this problem. Interesting right?

If you decide to download my edited MOD, if you found an enemy's name doesn't match with their color (for example, Blue Slum with name Green Orc) please tell me Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun May 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Persephone wrote:Uhm, cm_blast, I've already tested your newest version of this MOD. And I want to say is :

This is a VERY GREAT MOD Very Happy

By the way, I have a something for you. I've edited your newest TKOD by changing the enemy's name to English language and each enemy has a different names (Green Orc, Blue Orc, etc)

You can download it here, perhaps you will be interested (all of mistakes such as wrong names has been fixed) :

https://app.box.com/s/rjow184k12ntu9ylst88fta911z64ujw

Oh, one more thing. When editing your MOD, I found a one mistake which very interesting to me. In the scene before facing Wyvern in stage 3, one of Green Orc on the right side of the map still has a default names. However, I figured if this mistake was appear only on easy mode. Both normal and hard mode didn't have this problem. Interesting right?

If you decide to download my edited MOD, if you found an enemy's name doesn't match with their color (for example, Blue Slum with name Green Orc) please tell me Smile

That link doesn't work, but don't worry; I'll do the name change by myself.

I am not looking at the easy route wrong guy, because first I'll change the name to check later; probably the reason why an enemy only have the wrong name in one route it's because in this game more players don't always mean more enemies but harder, just like the first wave it's 5 green orcs at 1 player but 5 blue/red orcs with 3 players.

Probably I did a mistake because I was adding-removing some enemies depending of the route.

Ps: now the link work; buy I'll do it myself so I can check another thing that maybe it's wrong.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sun May 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Oh no, I don't know if you're online now. I delete the first link because I was forgot to put a palettes @_@

By the way, I will update my edited MOD again, because when I fix boss soundtracks for Cyclops Brothers, I forgot to change its stage music to their original (in other words, the music for that stage is boss theme -_-)

Well, this is a 100% fix link

https://app.box.com/s/uuhintsl3f6dzq64pnjif5qj3b00edoc

Ps : What? You decide to fix it all by yourself? Good luck then Very Happy

You can save my edited MOD if you want
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun May 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Persephone wrote:Oh no, I don't know if you're online now. I delete the first link because I was forgot to put a palettes @_@

By the way, I will update my edited MOD again, because when I fix boss soundtracks for Cyclops Brothers, I forgot to change its stage music to their original (in other words, the music for that stage is boss theme -_-)

Well, this is a 100% fix link

https://app.box.com/s/uuhintsl3f6dzq64pnjif5qj3b00edoc

Ps : What? You decide to fix it all by yourself? Good luck then Very Happy

You can save my edited MOD if you want

I was looking and find out why the music stage for the cyclops was another. My first version it's based on the SNES one, and that have that fight with another theme; with the update I looked only into the song, not the original game.

By the way; there is a blue orc in the 1 player path (hydra cave) with "only on hard"; He is not even suppose to be there (he appears in the 2 player route".

Also I need to think what type of naming to use. "S.Werewolf", "Silver.W" or "Silv.Were"; same with the others. this it's why I am going to do it my self; I'll choose whatever I think it's the best to match the enemy.

But Thanks for all the help; I am slowly backing into updates because of you.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu May 10, 2018 7:53 am

I'm glad to help you cm_blast ^_^

Have you finished changing the enemy names? If not, just use my link above. I've updated it last night (not changing the link so it still active) because previously I put the wrong palettes (still in Spanish language -_-)

I think I want to make a MOD by myself but it looks hard because I never use a photoshop before Sad
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next