SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sudden issues.

4 posters

Go down

Sudden issues. Empty Sudden issues.

Post  Karma Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 am

Last night, I was playing SoRR and noticed that the game was slowing down quite a bit, which it had never done before. I shut the computer down for the evening, thinking that might help, but when I turned it back on today the slowdown was still there, and in addition my SoR launcher now refuses to function. I click on it, it opens up, I click on play, and then it just closes and nothing happens. If I use the SoRR exe. I can still open it just fine, but the slowdown is still there.

I recently purchased a new printer as well as GTA 4 for my PC. I've uninstalled GTA 4 completely and also uninstalled everything aside from the essential drivers for the new printer, and there has been no change. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what is going on?
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Sudden issues. Empty Re: Sudden issues.

Post  bareknuckleroo Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 am

SoRR doesn't come with a launcher in the Windows version, only executables are the game itself (SoRR.Exe) and the editor (SoRMaker.exe). Are you sure you downloaded an official copy that's being distributed and not a version embedded with a trojan/malware?

Make sure you're using an official download from here: https://sorr.forumotion.net/t27-downloads-streets-of-rage-remake-ports

Does this happen with any other games or programs? Unexplained slowdown that's not the result of a computer doing updates could easily be a malware/spyware/virus issue, so make sure to scan for those. What OS are you using anyways?
bareknuckleroo
bareknuckleroo
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:44 pm

It's Xenovant's launcher, there's a link for it on this forum.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:15 am

The Xenovant launcher it's a semi-official application that definitely doesn't cause slow down or anything. These are just quick launchers for all the SORR programs, including SORmaker, and other extra applications like palette manager.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Semi-official? Embarassed   Razz

@Karma: did you install a new antivirus recently? Or... maybe you have problems in your hard disk, in that partition. I have seen those weird things before and the only thing that I had to do was to use the CHKDSK utility.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:39 pm

No new anti-virus, but this hard drive has had issues in the past - I'm sort of the hard drive necromancer, I make them work long after they should have gone on to a peaceful end Smile 

I did recently install GTA 4 and the drivers for a new printer though. I uninstalled them both and the slowdown decreased quite a bit, although the launcher is still failing. I think I may need to re-install it.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Reinstall? You don't need to install SorR, and much less the launcher. The only thing that it does is opening the sorr.exe that should be in its same folder and even if it hasn't access to the registry, it should be fine (but you wouldn't be able to save its settings, of course).

If you say you had issues with that your HD in the past... there are even more reasons to believe that you should do a checkdisk, like I said earlier Razz

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Figured it out, at least the slowdown. That part was caused by an ID-10-T error; I had the video set to HQ2X or whatever that is, instead of the typical 2X I usually have it at. Not sure when or why I changed it, but switching it back made all the difference. Still haven't figured out the launcher bit yet, but I imagine that it's something similar in nature Rolling Eyes 
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:09 pm

Laughing

Check if you have changed the name of sorr.exe... Razz

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:28 pm

The resolution changes might have happened when pressing an F-number key on the keyboard accidentally. That resolution particularly causes dramatic slowdown on PC's without a powerful video card.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down