SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2 |

+20
gravegun
LaGsDAI92
I.am.Blaze
vince
Ducobson
DEIA GAMES
HeroBorn
Shadow Fist King
Winged Cat
Tarma
cabo-hicks
DarkThief
BigDarsh
Don Vecta
iceweb38
Charco
argomight
xRainmakerRSx
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 2 Empty Re: | Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2 |

Post  Karma Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Speaking of gameplay, it's not nearly as hard now that I'm not playing it while I'm doped up on pain killers from the emergency room Razz
Galsia

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 2 Empty Re: | Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2 |

Post  BigDarsh Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Eventually Played it with all the updates you share; so here is my review.

I've did 2 runs: (Hard Blaze2, then Very Hard Max). I visited only one path.

You have to keep in mind while reading this feedback that I have a tons of respect for a work like this. I myself try to make a mod, and fail to finish it. So huge kudos first! Then you need to know that I never played Metal Slug. I know the license and characters but that's all. I take this mod as a "meeting with Metal Slug Univers".

Graphics: 9.5 out of 10
The enemies palettes are gorgeous, the background and foreground layers are so beautiful. I love SNK, and even if I don't know Metal Slug, I can feel the SNK touch in your visual. I was really pleased every time I discover a new area. Maybe you tweaked some of them compare to the original game (a la Adam Story Nostalgia Route) but maybe not, and I can't say what is "conservating" and what is "innovating". That's a really good point to me, I had a blast and I will have a blast discovering the other path of the game. So why not 10? Because Subway Mayhem is so amazing that it is very hard for anyone around to reach the 10 by now. I'm pretty sure WSE will have trouble to make somethig more beautiful than this wonderful DLC lol.

Theme: 7 out of 10
The only things I know about metal slug is "plateforming shooter". So I expected a bit of shoot puzzle, and a bit of plateforming battle. I was a bit disappointed on that side. I don't like plateforming in brawler, but CajNatalie manage to make me like it when it's well done such as it was in Golden Rage mod. For example: your plateforming battle in lava cave was neither really entertaining, neither really difficult; but I will tell more about battle in another part.

About the shooting part, no puzzle too. I was expecting something, and I maybe didn't take the right road to find a shooting scene, but as it is a Metal Slug tribute, it has to have a shooting part in the main route (IMHO). A bit like the elevator in way of the warrior, or I don't know. Something creative and fun.

For the good part now, I love your rock puzzle plateform. I don't even know how you did that but I was really impressed. I thought I would know everything doable with SoRMaker, but no: it's definitly a powerful tool, and you were very creative on that part!

Battle Design / Enemies Placement: 7 out of 10
The main core of a side scroller. I don't know what to say and that's bad because you need constructive feed back. confused
Battle are not over cheap, but some feel just boring. It has a challenging aspect that I like, but remain too much on luck sometime. Most of the food pick up are random loot, and a lots of hidden item to look for in the foreground. (I find two extra life by mashing B at every step in the foreground: boring/tedious ). The good point is that there is no stupid battle, and the collision map is well designed so no "why my character fall and lose a life?". I do not know how difficult your mod is in mania, but in very hard, it is very hard lol. So to conclude, you do not make mistake while concepting your battle (and that's very rare) but it miss something to make all the battle entertaining. (my favorite battle is with the bikers on the mine with grenade and all lol).

Sounds: 5 out of 10
I don't know Metal Slug music, and I think I know why now lol. Seriously, all the tracks look the same, and you made neither loop nor intro. Sometime music volume is too loud. All in all, it have to be fixed to me. I prefered the old version with SoRR music, and that's to say how bad I feel about your music modding. It's maybe the only thing I know how to do (Modding Sound) so if you want help, I can, because I don't want to be a fat b*st*rd that just speak lol.

Conclusion:
Amazing Mod, but there are by now so much breathtaking mod (V4 for remake, golden rage, HUNTER, adam's story, way of the warrior, Lucas HB trilogy etc) that it is hard to be compare. I want to thank you for you work, and I will replay your mod, trying other route, and try a mania run Wink

Edit: Tried several times the second route with Mojave Desert. Some battle are insane (Raven xN for exemple). I just quit, way too hard for me Embarassed
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Thank you for your review man! Very good and detailed review!

I'll be thinking very carefully about all the impressions that players have the mod. So everyone can contribute to the mod getting better and better! Maybe I did a little too fast sound changes and for this reason has been without a touch thin. However on enemies I guess I do not know anything more creative while extremely difficult, but I'll think about it too. Try the second path of the mod, you'll like it ... and thanks again!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Will the music volume issue and looping be fixed?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Dunno what's up with the pits in stage 3, they seem to be a lot buggier than similar-sized pits in other mods...even Rudra was falling through them despite taking off as close to the edge as possible.

BigDarsh wrote:I do not know how difficult your mod is in mania, but in very hard, it is very hard lol.

It is insane on mania...stage 8 (dark temple route) took 10 lives off me as Skate 2 (who isn't the best character for stages like that but I only chose him so I could get across the bridge w/o dropping 2 lives), luckily I had 12 before I went in. The rest of it wasn't too bad tbh, although I think some characters won't be able to beat the timed Robot X/Vehelits fight in stage 7 (alien house).

argomight wrote:Here is the problem I have (more or less). On a stage where a there are train tracks (when the train can show up either on the upper or the lower lane) there is not graphical indicator on what lane will it show up.

It's difficult to handle these correctly (without safe zones ofc), even SoR3 for V5 gets it wrong (it should be 1ups instead of extra food, as these can't be stolen). Here it's not too bad though, the swarms aren't too big and having the boss fight with trains is a neat idea...although the lack of food is a concern.

Pretty good stuff overall, just need to work out who's the best toon for running the other route with... Razz
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 2 Empty Music LOOP correct

Post  xRainmakerRSx Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Music LOOP correct

link on the top

Last edited by xRainmakerRSx on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue May 07, 2013 6:10 pm

upps it looks i come too late here... Razz Sad

guys all the links are die.

my recomendation:
------------------
reupload it to this 2 good sites:
hotfile and zippyshare. and rename they to fake names like "my notes nº1" or things like that and included a little password like for example "sorr", or something like that, for avoid they erase it so fast.

greetings Wink

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 pm

I love Metal Slug! I'm going to play it. Thank you, xRainmakerRSx. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:03 pm

I played it... and I enjoyed it! Smile

Converting Metal Slug environments to Streets of Rage would not be so easy, I guess. Good work!

PS: Oh, Metal Slug is not a SNES game, it's a Neo·Geo MVS/AES game. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Winged Cat Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 am

Thank you for the mod! Atmoshpere of war in Metal Slug suits to SOR very good as well as the music.
We liked it very much. Also it was fun to jump over the rocks with a great accuracy:o 

Winged Cat
Galsia

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 2 Empty news will come...

Post  xRainmakerRSx Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Thank you guys! I'm still working on some details of the mod so that it is more perfect and their sounds and enemies finalized. New links very soon!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 2 Empty new link - new updates (on the top)

Post  xRainmakerRSx Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:45 pm

enjoy =D

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:05 pm

So I played the new arranged version with the new soundtrack and all the fixes. Definitely now it feels like a Metal Slug homage! Good enemy positioning, great soundtrack, good palettes, nice stages. Overall it's a very well done mod.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:25 pm

The new version is very well done. It has a good Metal Slug feeling. Great work!
Thumbs up 
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 am

Thank you all! I hope I have honored the game properly =]

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I downloaded the latest version yesterday and hope to give it a try soon.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:48 am

All I can say is...whoa. This has got to be one of the most challenging mods I have ever played. Level 8 was definitely the most unexpected, first I had to fight several copies of Mr. X in a tomb, trying to fling him into the pit each time, and then I had to go through another set of tombs with enemies swarming me at every turn...I couldn't even finish the game, I used up all of my continues and got my ass handed to me all the same. Personally, the music was a turn-off for me too (I don't like heavy metal).

Would I play this again? Honestly, I don't know. With the kind of difficulty that this mod has going for it, I'd likely give it another try...if not for the music grating in my brain while I'm trying to concentrate.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:00 pm

I understand you, a tip that I can give you is to turn off the music and just use the effects on, then you can use a list mp3 or online radio as you like!

the mod is hard, but is the best work ever (in my opinion) =)

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 am

xRainmakerRSx wrote:I understand you, a tip that I can give you is to turn off the music and just use the effects on, then you can use a list mp3 or online radio as you like!
You can actually turn off the music in a mod? I've never heard of that...how?

EDIT: Never mind, I found out how.

EDIT 2: Well...FINALLY beat the mod, just managed to defeat the two Shivas at the end. I have to be blunt, though, I think Stage 8 is seriously imbalanced in regard to the number of enemies, the difficulty level of the enemies, the number of sub-bosses, and the fact that there are TWO Shivas at the end to fight. I mean, really, dude?

So, again, would I play this mod over? With the level of difficulty present in the final stage, unless it's addressed and balanced out more evenly--NOT LIKELY.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 am

Charco wrote:Will the music volume issue and looping be fixed?
finally, yes!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EB1146A5F0F2571E!787 !

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Thank you all for everything, but this is the definitive version of the mod and there will be no more changes. Exceptionally if there are bugs, but the stages, music and difficulty are final!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Charco wrote:Will the music volume issue and looping be fixed?

definitely yes! right now!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:23 am

I just wanted to say hi to you Rainmaker because I know we don't know each other on this forum. I'm definitely going to give this mod a shot. The Skydrive link for the arranged music is not working for me. Any suggestions?
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:28 pm

HeroBorn wrote:I just wanted to say hi to you Rainmaker because I know we don't know each other on this forum. I'm definitely going to give this mod a shot. The Skydrive link for the arranged music is not working for me. Any suggestions?

Hello my friend, in fact some people are failing to get the link on skydrive (full mod is there) no longer link with only arranged music, only full mod!

I'll put the mod in 4shared 2014, this would work for you? maybe someone else would be better?

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Yes, post a 4shared link. I'll try that instead. In the meantime, I'll download your updated mod.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next