SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any chance SorR on ps4/5

3 posters

Go down

Any chance SorR on ps4/5 Empty Any chance SorR on ps4/5

Post  omega Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:40 pm

Hi guys, could we get this onto the ps4/5 in the foreseeable future? like not in the marketplace but downloadable to put on a flash drive and put on your console. Because the official part 4 of the game is just not cutting it that much for me and Let's be honest They stole a lot from SorR remake.

omega

Back to top Go down

Any chance SorR on ps4/5 Empty Re: Any chance SorR on ps4/5

Post  danielt3 Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:05 pm

Porting SoRR to a platform other than the ones it already runs means porting the engine that powers it to that platform. The engine itself is opensource but unfortunately the SoRR code written in that engine is not. Said that, that is great chance that by only porting the engine and making small adjustements here and there we can have a working version.

I'm working on improving the engine itself: making it more build-friendly and porting-friendly. Hopefully, soon we will have all ports integrated and some new ports.

danielt3
Galsia

omega likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:44 pm

Allow me to consider that decision.

No, I am afraid that is going to take a lot of work, and it is neither possible for you to try that on Playstations 4 or 5 in its present state, nor would it be ethical.  What do you think Bomberlink would say about anyone trying to port his project to another platform without his permission?  He worked so hard on it since 2003 when it was only an alpha or beta version.

And what is wrong with SoR4 anyhow?  I never owned a PS4 or PS5!  If you want to port SoR Remake to another system, you must get permission from the original development team first.

The galaxy's #1 SoR Remake player since 2014
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  danielt3 Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:58 pm

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 wrote:Allow me to consider that decision.

No, I am afraid that is going to take a lot of work, and it is neither possible for you to try that on Playstations 4 or 5 in its present state, nor would it be ethical.  What do you think Bomberlink would say about anyone trying to port his project to another platform without his permission?  He worked so hard on it since 2003 when it was only an alpha or beta version.

And what is wrong with SoR4 anyhow?  I never owned a PS4 or PS5!  If you want to port SoR Remake to another system, you must get permission from the original development team first.

Allow me to explain: SoRR is written in a Game Engine called BennuGD. It has its own language and tools. Bomberlink used this tool to create SoRR. But BennuGD itself is free and opensource and whe can build it and port it to whatever platforms (like PSP, PSVita, PS4 and PS5). The important piece of information is this: Bomberlink NEVER released the source code (written in BennuGD language) of his SoRR game. We only have the compiled files that were built by Bomberlink himself.

Having said that, what we can do is to do adjustments in BennuGD in order to make SoRR happy to run in other platforms. I don't have nothing particularly against PS4 or PS5. The problem is that neither I own any of these consoles to test the ports myself nor there is a fairy decent emulator for these platforms (like the ones for PSP and PS3).

Thank you.

danielt3
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:22 pm

danielt3 wrote:The problem is that neither I own any of these consoles to test the ports myself nor there is a fairy decent emulator for these platforms (like the ones for PSP and PS3).
You are most welcome about your explanation about the game that was created using BennuGD.  I almost forgot about SoRR months ago since I last played it.

Regarding to the more recent Playstations, the PS4 was released in 2013-'14 whereas its successor was only released several years ago (they were not old enough to be made into emulators and that would take years of research).  I think these are 256-bit machines I am talking about — 128-bit is so 2000s, we must advance at once!

And another thing: you have misspelled “fairly” according to your quote.  What happened?
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down