SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...?

5 posters

Go down

So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...? Empty So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...?

Post  E253MechaShadow Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:41 am

Yesterday, I accidentally found out that gsaurus, a quite renowned SoR 2 & 3 romhacker who's also credited in Sega's Streets of Kamurocho, has been developing his own widescreen remake of SoR 2 on Unity.
I've played it quite a bit and I must say, it's very faithful to the source game. The physics is very accurate, everything plays exactly like SoR2 with a few minor tweaks taken from 4 (separate button for picking up / throwing items, invincibility blinks, a flash when you hold the attack button).

What do you guys think?
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

SORDave, MARTIN98, Teramussa and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...? Empty Re: So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...?

Post  Axle Stone 1991 Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Like the look, cant wait to give this ago. looks like you can rom hack as well as add maps to the game. This is going to be awesome.

Signal

Back to top Go down

So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...? Empty Re: So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...?

Post  MARTIN98 Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:55 pm

Comix zone with catching move was very interesting! New levels and characters design in HD quality is a great feature!
MARTIN98
MARTIN98
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:04 pm

So, I guess SoR2: New Era is a thing now...? Ove4kVm
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

RicardoXI likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:10 pm

I've played it. It's pretty decent. Only issue I have personally is that the achievement graphic needs to be better. Doesn't really match the rest of the game.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:00 am

Iceferno wrote:I've played it. It's pretty decent. Only issue I have personally is that the achievement graphic needs to be better. Doesn't really match the rest of the game.
I think such cosmetic features are a goal for further versions. I know it's a bit barebones right now, but it already does what it aims to do - to accurately replicate the whole game with a few extra features, including functional netplay that SoRR never achieved to implement.
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:32 pm

Remake netplay is possible, but requires additional software. I've played via Hamachi with a couple of people, though I personally prefer using Parsec.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Iceferno wrote:Remake netplay is possible, but requires additional software. I've played via Hamachi with a couple of people, though I personally prefer using Parsec.
I've been following the SoR2NE Discord for a few days, and it seems like their native netplay is incredibly popular.
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:05 am

Thought it was worth bumping this topic, as a New Era v3 preview video has recently dropped.

With all the new features being added, it looks as if New Era is set to surpass 5.2 and SOR4 combined.

Big-Ben

SORDave and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:21 am

Damn right it is,take notes v5.2!

Hope there will be motorcycle segments & other awesome features.

SORDave
Hakuyo

SORDave, Iceferno and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axle Stone 1991 Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:15 pm

cant wait for this to drop! this is what streets of rage remake 5.3 should have been like! combination of 5.2 and sor4 mechanics and importable roms SOR 2 and 3, along with customisable stages like in SORR. ill probably be playing this more over streets of rage remake lol. I like how we can play different characters from the Capcom and sega games as well as having the mechanics inside of new era. the unity engine is on another level. well done dev.

Signal

Iceferno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:19 pm

Absolutely. It's gonna be great for video footage too, whether you speedrun or just use it for music like I do.

Big-Ben

SORDave and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down