SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path of Shadow Dancer - NOW WITH UPDATE 2.04

+16
Rocketeer Raccoon
BigDarsh
Saven
Garcia75
TheWolfe
Feanor
Don Vecta
Tarma
Winged Cat
iceweb38
bazzza
RetroStation
argomight
LucasHB
Charco
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

path of shadow - Path of Shadow Dancer - NOW WITH UPDATE 2.04 - Page 2 Empty Re: Path of Shadow Dancer - NOW WITH UPDATE 2.04

Post  iceweb38 Sun May 24, 2015 11:52 am

Haha that drawing is cute! Razz
Thanks for the feedback!

Admin

Back to top Go down

path of shadow - Path of Shadow Dancer - NOW WITH UPDATE 2.04 - Page 2 Empty Re: Path of Shadow Dancer - NOW WITH UPDATE 2.04

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 24, 2015 4:57 pm

UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! UPDATE~! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:01 am

I have to agree with Saven, the only problem I have with the first version(s), it was the lack of balanced here and there, but with this final update, you make this mod just awesome. Thank you for working hard on it, it's now in my top mod (along with gang of fury, nightsweeper, adam story and hunter) and maybe the best tribute (I don't know Double Dragon II, SoRv4 for V5 and Rushing Beat are great too).

Keep doing good job !

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:56 pm

For the Extras being passworded, where or what should I be looking for, I've completed the game and I've not seen anything anywhere to easily indicate the password.
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:59 pm

I posted hints on the previous page! Smile

Thanks for the feedbacks guys! Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:33 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I posted hints on the previous page! Smile

Thanks for the feedbacks guys! Very Happy

The hint is very vague but from the sound of it I knew it had something to do with finding a room in the maze but from the hint there's no indication where the room could be so I decided to cheat by going into SoRMaker. :p
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 pm

You may get a password by cheating with SORmaker (I assume 90% of players did that way Razz) but good luck finding the 2nd one with SORmaker, mwahaha Twisted Evil

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:38 am

iceweb38 wrote:You may get a password by cheating with SORmaker (I assume 90% of players did that way Razz) but good luck finding the 2nd one with SORmaker, mwahaha Twisted Evil

Quite right, now I have no clue what I'm looking for, you only get 4 stages + a End of Demo stage where you can't do anything, and it's difficult now what I'm looking for, I would have thought the 2nd stage would give a hint but really it doesn't, it just ends with a bit of green and a gasp rage face.

Oh by the way, make sure you remove stage6b map fpg, for some reason it causes the level to invisible wall bug causing the enemies to get stuck and you being unable to pass through the level.
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Rocketeer Raccoon wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:You may get a password by cheating with SORmaker (I assume 90% of players did that way Razz) but good luck finding the 2nd one with SORmaker, mwahaha Twisted Evil

Quite right, now I have no clue what I'm looking for, you only get 4 stages + a End of Demo stage where you can't do anything, and it's difficult now what I'm looking for, I would have thought the 2nd stage would give a hint but really it doesn't, it just ends with a bit of green and a gasp rage face.

The 2nd password can only be found if you found the 1st password the way it was intended, I said that on the previous page. So it means you musn't cheat. Good luck!

I'm surprised about stage 6b though! oO'
Nobody else reported that too. I'll check it out and let you know! Thanks for informing me!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:43 pm

iceweb38 wrote:
Rocketeer Raccoon wrote:

The 2nd password can only be found if you found the 1st password the way it was intended, I said that on the previous page. So it means you musn't cheat. Good luck!

I'm surprised about stage 6b though! oO'
Nobody else reported that too. I'll check it out and let you know! Thanks for informing me!

I see, so in order to find the second password you have to find the "first" password as intended in the maze level without cheating. Now that explains it all.

Yeah, extra 1's stage 6b sure is bugged if you keep the stage 6b map file from the main game which it doesn't need at all as there's no brick walls or pits on it.
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm gonna leave this here and walk away slowly...

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 pm

That guy rocked my mod!

Though I have spotted some embarassing things that he found out, the mod is gonna need a patch soon!!!!
Embarassed

Thanks a lot for the link Vecta Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:13 am

Thanks for this update, I gonna try it soon!

(And I hope you will do a new version with Shinobi customized items bounce)
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:49 pm

vince wrote:Thanks for this update, I gonna try it soon!

(And I hope you will do a new version with Shinobi customized items bounce)

It's actually something I hadn't thought of, are you speaking about the Revenge of Shinobi/Shinobi 3 items?
Guess I could give a try and see the results.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:14 am

Yes, this kind of chest:
path of shadow - Path of Shadow Dancer - NOW WITH UPDATE 2.04 - Page 2 Revenge_of_Shinobi_Gameplay
Theses chests are little, but may be using two chests for one...

I don't remember if there are some different chests in Shadow Dancer or other Shinobi.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:39 pm

So, I tried the new version. Still very good, even if I didn't see the differences.

Some problems for me with the pits:
- in the waterfall (try with Max), close to the end, the pit just before two stone lamps, I can't pass it without losing a life, even with a run and jump (after resurrection, the character is on the other edge, so I don't lose another life),
- in the last harbour under rain (try with Rudra), it is very hard to climb on the second bridge, each time the chara fall down, sometimes in the water, and I have to try several times before succeding.

About the labyrinth, I made a map of it to simplified my game, but I discovered that among all the doors, 4 of them give different arrivals when we take the alternative road in China Town: the door 1 and 2 in the crushers room (with japanese number "5") send direct to the stage 8 (???), and the 2 bads doors of the room with japanese number "8" send to former rooms, but not the sames. I don't know if it is a mistake or not, but it seems weird.

About the chests I talked the last time, after my new play, I realize that is not very important, because the chests of SORR are already better and more various and perfectly in the mood of Shinobi. So, maybe just for the first scene or for a bonus sage, like a wink...

About the new extra: I found it very fast cause I already found the extra in the former version (clue: Adam's Story mod gives the password in a scene Wink, and the two new levels are huge! The first one, at the start, I thought: "Oh, well, another deja vu forest level" but after... woa. And the second one, it looks like Speed Racer movie Smile I like it!

Once again, big bravo for this mod, that is still in my top.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:59 pm

vince wrote:So, I tried the new version. Still very good, even if I didn't see the differences.

Thanks, the changes are indeed minimal as you could see in the log I posted. I could do comparison screens for some graphical changes if you like.

vince wrote:Some problems for me with the pits:
- in the waterfall (try with Max), close to the end, the pit just before two stone lamps, I can't pass it without losing a life, even with a run and jump (after resurrection, the character is on the other edge, so I don't lose another life),
- in the last harbour under rain (try with Rudra), it is very hard to climb on the second bridge, each time the chara fall down, sometimes in the water, and I have to try several times before succeding.

Hmm, that's weird, I never got those issues reported and I don't think I met them either. I'll have to check.

vince wrote:About the labyrinth, I made a map of it to simplified my game, but I discovered that among all the doors, 4 of them give different arrivals when we take the alternative road in China Town: the door 1 and 2 in the crushers room (with japanese number "5") send direct to the stage 8 (???), and the 2 bads doors of the room with japanese number "8" send to former rooms, but not the sames. I don't know if it is a mistake or not, but it seems weird.

Yeah, those are actually the embarassing things I mentionned a few posts above, the guy on his walkthrough video found the path that mistakenly led him to the stage 8. I have to fix this but thank you very much for reporting it still! I'm kinda glad you also took care to make a map ^^

Vince wrote:About the chests I talked the last time, after my new play, I realize that is not very important, because the chests of SORR are already better and more various and perfectly in the mood of Shinobi. So, maybe just for the first scene or for a bonus sage, like a wink...

Well, I don't know if you noticed but the stage 7 harbour is the only level in the mod that has only Shinobi like crates. That's because it was the very first stage I produced and I used these since they were the breakable item that looked the most like those from Shinobi. Then, just like you, I realised I should still use a lot of variety for the breakable items to make things not too redundant. Glad we actually agree on this.

Vince wrote:About the new extra: I found it very fast cause I already found the extra in the former version (clue: Adam's Story mod gives the password in a scene Wink, and the two new levels are huge! The first one, at the start, I thought: "Oh, well, another deja vu forest level" but after... woa. And the second one, it looks like Speed Racer movie Smile I like it!

Big applauds for being able to find the password without cheating and mwhahahaha, you've been had by my first bonus stage I see Twisted Evil
The 2nd one, I didn't know the Speed Racer movie but it does have a similar vibe, though I mostly intended to do a futuristic version of SOR2 stage 2. BTW, the music is by Yuzo Koshiro and boy does it fit!

Thank you very much for your careful review!
I really had no time to afford to focus on the mod last month but I'll have to focus an afternoon on that to fix the remaining problems, espeeeeecially the labyrinth problem ^^'
Feel free to report anything else you noticed

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:39 am

iceweb38 wrote:The 2nd one, I didn't know the Speed Racer movie but it does have a similar vibe, though I mostly intended to do a futuristic version of SOR2 stage 2. BTW, the music is by Yuzo Koshiro and boy does it fit!
I recognized the music (I think I know all the Yuzo discography). Isn't it from a race video game? Maybe why I thought of Speed Racer, plus the fact the many colors visual looks the same:
path of shadow - Path of Shadow Dancer - NOW WITH UPDATE 2.04 - Page 2 Speed-racer-mach-5

Good luck for the following.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Downloading updated mods and see this one has a broken link, could somebody reupload the final version please?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:49 am

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:06 am

Thanks BigDarsh! I'll download it when I get home from work this evening Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:44 pm

New patch 2.01
https://mega.co.nz/#!wU8U0J7Q!X1mVoIqoNIw57M7fFdjGY7Gn19g93byTMmN4JBNJIRw

Was about time I get it done!
This will fix the following:
Spoiler:

The link for the full 2.0 version has been fixed. I have no idea what went wrong with MEGA.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:37 am

iceweb38 wrote:New patch 2.01
https://mega.co.nz/#!wU8U0J7Q!X1mVoIqoNIw57M7fFdjGY7Gn19g93byTMmN4JBNJIRw

Was about time I get it done!
This will fix the following:
Spoiler:

The link for the full 2.0 version has been fixed. I have no idea what went wrong with MEGA.

And my next Longplay will be...

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Wooops hold on, new patch 2.02

https://mega.co.nz/#!4E9zmDTY!vEmRsyt5HtBBu9HBDDnv_UjQ9t22kiqCIiCeKF1PpwU

Spoiler:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:16 pm

Nice, will download now Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next