SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you playing at the moment?

+28
pcgamer1`555
bazzza
Xillatem
Shiva
Lithium Flower
KFCutman
Groovemaster303
bareknuckleroo
klares
Jericho_mpm
BigDarsh
Xenovant
iceweb38
Mr.Din
cabo-hicks
The Four Seven
the_master1124
Stevo
William Assunção
Rapha.7
RuffNTumble
Saven
badjab326
Emthree
Benny26
Don Vecta
Charco
32 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Charco Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am

I actually listened to the OSTs for XMCOTA and MSH on the old headphones at work yesterday and I think MSH is better, I suppose the composers had more time to get used to the CPS2 sounchips as the game was released later. Both are great though. I will listen to MvsC1 today if I have the chance.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  badjab326 Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 pm

I agree 100% Dr. Doom and Psylocke MSH themes are easily my top 2 themes from the series. Juggernaut and Wolverine's MSH themes are also top notch. From CotA my favorites are Omega Red, Storm and one of the ending themes called 'Danger'. However one thing I do prefer in CotA is the stages, MSH has some pretty good ones but they don't have the same amount of depth that the CotA does imo. Though I must admit that all of the stages were pretty damn good up until MvC2. UMvC3's aren't too bad though, but they aren't as varied either.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:32 pm

My friend called over last night for a few beers and games, played some pretty good stuff.

Started off with a little X-Men COTA, this games is a lot of fun with 2 players.
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 2Q==

Then we played Bang Bead, Battle Flip Shot and Windjammers on the Neo Geo. Three similar games, a lot like pong really. Really fun with 2 players and if I had to pick one I would say Windjammers was the best. You had more control over your shots and the graphics were much more colourful.
Bang Bead
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 1053273938

Battle Flip Shot
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Flipshot

Windjammers
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Windjammers-1

And you can't have a retro gaming night without....

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 118124206556
Bubble Bobble. We made it all the way to level 95 and got stuck because there was absolutely no way to climb up the stage without being killed by a bad guy. There were even videos on Youtube about it! Infuriating but such a classic.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Ok so gamestop gave me 20% off any pre-owned game since my B-day is coming up this month. Any recommendations on what I should get? I wanna get a complete game that I don't need DLC for.

Thinking about getting:
MGS HD Collection
DMC HD Collection
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Vanquish

idk, I wanna try to stay under/around 20 bucks.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:05 pm

You're certainly in for a treat with the MGS HD edition. LA Noire is more of a rent it game IMO. I bought mine second-hand, completed it, and i haven't touched it since.

If you are buying it though, I wouldn't go over $10 for it personally.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Benny26 wrote:You're certainly in for a treat with the MGS HD edition. LA Noire is more of a rent it game IMO. I bought mine second-hand, completed it, and i haven't touched it since.

If you are buying it though, I wouldn't go over $10 for it personally.
Just got it. the MGS HD collection seemed like the best deal to me. The only thing it's missing is local mp, but I don't even live near anyone anymore so I'm cool with online play.

I've already beaten LA Noire once, but lately I've wanted to play it again. Still too high of a price though. DMC I'd like to play, but I wanna do the co-op trick with DMC3 and again I don't live near anyone who'd be interested in playing anymore. And Vanquish looks really interesting but there isn't really much content.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:18 am

Glad you got the MGS HD Collection. Probably the best HD edition out there so far.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Now i back play Dreamcast games after so long time, now i play Capcom vs SNK series, Super SF2 Turbo and SF3 series, Sonic Adventure 2, and Divi-dead.

And about CPS2 musics i agreed the X-men C.O.T.A. and Marvel Super Heroes have great music [ my favorites from thoses games are the musics themes of Omega Red, Cyclops, Psylocke [ both games ] Storm, Spider Man, Captain America, and Doctor Doom ]
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, my quest in going through PS2 games with the PC (and upscaled to full HD) is ever moving. Right now I'm onto probably my favorite RPG, Final Fantasy XII...playing through the International Zodiac Job System version for the first time, checking it out. Have to say I'm not liking the actual job system as much as the vanilla, I much prefer total choice. Although the fixes and added bonuses are really welcome.

Also it's not very "International" when it was only released in one country Rolling Eyes

Anyways, here's a few HD pics that i just took for anyone that's interested: HD Pic1, HD Pic2

The HUD and the mini-map don't upscale, that's why they look like crap.

Admin

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Empty MM.

Post  RuffNTumble Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 am

For the first time ever, I have played a Mega Man game, starting with 2.
It's bloody brilliant I say.
RuffNTumble
RuffNTumble
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 am

Best Mega Man game IMO

Going to try and play Metal Gear Rising again tonight before God of War Ascension comes out on Tuesday. Then I think I am going to do a chronological order run of the saga.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 am

Saven wrote:Best Mega Man game IMO

Going to try and play Metal Gear Rising again tonight before God of War Ascension comes out on Tuesday. Then I think I am going to do a chronological order run of the saga.

Sounds good. I assume you'll only move on to GoW:CoO AFTER you've played a round of co-op Trial of the Gods with me Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Empty Hmmm.

Post  RuffNTumble Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 am

Saven wrote:Best Mega Man game IMO

I am intrigued by your word use, as in, you are going to 'Try' and play Rising.
RuffNTumble
RuffNTumble
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Decided to go ahead and test my PSX emulator instead.

I tried out my RE:DC disc and see how it ran. A little glitchy, but it played great overall. It was initially going to be a little 10-minute test to see how it ran.....turned into a full playthrough instead. Laughing

Really disappointed though, I was SOO close to getting under 3 hrs with the best possible ending again. Mad Oh well, it was the first time I was playing a PSX game with just a keyboard so I think I did a good job overall.

One of these days, I WILL get the best ending under three hours. Razz
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:47 pm

RuffNTumble wrote:For the first time ever, I have played a Mega Man game, starting with 2.
It's bloody brilliant I say.

That's weird, I was playing Mega Man II over the weekend. I think I'll play the rest of them after I finish it, never played those.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Empty Redundancy.

Post  RuffNTumble Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm

It is probably worth mentioning that I am playing Streets of Rage Remake.
RuffNTumble
RuffNTumble
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:14 am

RuffNTumble wrote:It is probably worth mentioning that I am playing Streets of Rage Remake.

Also I was playing GoW: Ascension's Trial of the Gods mode with a random online. We made it pretty far the first try so we decided to stick with it. After a few more tries we finally beat one of the levels and I got a message from them saying "Love U!" Laughing Hard

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapha.7 Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:39 pm

I've been playing a lot of GoW: Ascension's multiplayer too. It's really addicting!

By the way, here's my PSN ID: R7R7P7. What a Face

For everything to be right.
Rapha.7
Rapha.7
Galsia

http://r7r7p7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Been playing a lot vertical and side scrolling shooters lately my second favorite genre of games after point and click puzzle games.

Got an un-official build of MAME that supports cave sh3 room so been blasting away on that with games like, IBARA, dondonpatchi, Espeluga 1 and 2, deathsmiles, puchi puchi pink bullets and hot dog storm all awesome games

Going to try the ones on dreamcast soon get the null dc emulator Last hope will be the first one then mars matrix but there are also a lot of other good ones on MAME.

Anyway was given a 50 ponds psn card from my sis any recommendations of games in vertical or side scrolling kind that people can recommend.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  The Four Seven Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Just finished all of the DLC for Fallout 3 (it's actually the first time I'd been able to play any of it!), and I may start a new character focused on Unarmed or Melee because my current character's already capped out in level and skills, so no more upward mobility. Also the game apparently likes to drop to single-digit fps when I'm outside if not crash completely. Skyrim gave me the same trouble with my high level characters. Oh Bethesda.

Also started playing Super House of Dead Ninjas and having a lot of fun in between fits of cursing and frustration.
The Four Seven
The Four Seven
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 am

This week I've been playing Uncharted 3 again:
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Uncharted_320x240

Such a great game, I had only played through it once on release so I am really enjoying it again the second time round. The graphics are stunning, the voice acting and music are also fantastic, and there is just the right mixture of action and puzzles. I am about half way through now.

Crossed Swords on Neo Geo:
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR3DJ_WVu3wuDAvO-19_6cIR_RhKr0Lamo9S1GjCpAYFQwB8jWlw

This is a rather unique game on the Neo Geo. It's a third person hack and slash with RPG elements (you can level up your weapons/magic etc) and has some pretty lovely graphics for the time (there's a nice beach in one stage actually with animated waves which would look good in a Sormaker mod I thought). As you can see from the screenshot, your character is shown on screen in a wireframe, similar to Punch Out, and the gameplay involves blocking enemy attacks and counter striking. It requires quick reflexes but is rather fun once you get into it. The game is overly long though and the lack of variation makes it get a bit stale. I was playing for about an hour and a half and I still hadn't finished the game! It also has a simultaneous two player mode, so I might try that with my buddy and I am sure it would be good fun. The game has a sequel which was released on the Neo Geo CD (one of the system's few exclusive titles), I have that iso running on my Wii too so I might check that out next.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Charco wrote:This week I've been playing Uncharted 3 again:
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 2 Uncharted_320x240

Such a great game, I had only played through it once on release so I am really enjoying it again the second time round. The graphics are stunning, the voice acting and music are also fantastic, and there is just the right mixture of action and puzzles. I am about half way through now.

I was somewhat disappointed with the third one. I didn't like the massive story contridiction around the ring; Nate says that the ring is basicly the big puzzle he's been wanting to crack all his life, yet in Uncharted one he so easily discards it. Plus the game felt like a giant set-piece "look what we can do" from Naughty Dog.

Don't get me wrong though, the graphics and gameplay elements are amazing. I also played it in 3D which was very cool.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I actually just grabbed Uncharted 3: Free to Play from PSN. Something to tide me over while I wait for Uncharted trilogy lol. Honestly though I think the MP is one of the best I've played.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:49 pm

badjab326 wrote:I actually just grabbed Uncharted 3: Free to Play from PSN. Something to tide me over while I wait for Uncharted trilogy lol. Honestly though I think the MP is one of the best I've played.

I haven't played the co-op on it yet, can be played locally too I think.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 pm

*still needs to play the uncharted games even though i have the third one* Razz
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next