SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phenom By The Nomad

4 posters

Go down

Phenom By The Nomad Empty Phenom By The Nomad

Post  thenomad Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm

I present you Phenom: A little MOD that it is a follow up to Way of The Warrior.

The initial idea was to develop a full fledged MOD. I started to develop it as soon as I finished Way of the Warrior, but I simply got very, very tired of modding SoRR, and the will to finish the project never returned... So, I decided to let you know the game anyways, the way I left some years ago.

This MOD contains 4 stages, no ending, and many work needed to be done. Play with that in mind.

Heres the link to the MOD (custom palette included, please, use it or things will make no sense, as all enemies are edited to fit the MOD plot):

https://mega.nz/#!0c1lhQbT!_eI_ngBaIBRrgLH6GhRoxIDWcFw0Wo7xb5iaWfcPne8

Some Screenshots:

Phenom By The Nomad Phenom10
Phenom By The Nomad Phenom11

Stage 1 - Enter the Facility: Meet "Ilyah" and her army of... light.

Stage 2 - Holographic Room: Your previous memories are "ripped" directly from your brain, and feed the holographic machine. You must walk to advance the hologram, even if you are at the room all the time.

Stage 3 - Wind Tunnel: Beware of the conveyor belt and many falls.

Stage 4 - Dr. Zan managed to "infiltrate" the system of the facility, plugging your brains to the central computer. There's 4 rooms, where you can gather additional information about what is happening in this damn place... Pay attention, every time you enter a "info room", the main corridor restarts: the first 3 doors contain information, the last one direct you to the boss room.

There's a cutscene test in the first stage: I planned to have full animated, voiced cutscenes for all stages.

And that's it. The idea was to make a last stage with a map and the possibility to walk from different rooms, looking for hostages. And face a final boss, Ilyah itself, which I was trying to modelling after the AI from StarCraft 2 character. I would try one or two design tricks to make an entirely new boss fight for the MOD. Unfortunately, I never got to this point. As in Way of the Warrior, there's a lot of English mistakes. Sorry for that.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by thenomad on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Phenom By The Nomad Empty Re: Phenom By The Nomad

Post  Puzirkov Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am

thenomad wrote:I present you Phenom: A little MOD that it is a follow up to Way of The Warrior.

The initial idea was to develop a full fledged MOD. I started to develop it as soon as I finished Way of the Warrior, but I simply got very, very tired of modding SoRR, and the will to finish the project never returned... So, I decided to let you know the game anyways, the way I left some years ago.

This MOD contains 4 stages, no ending. I'm not releasing in the DEMO/Experiments section because I'll not work on it anymore, so I consider the MOD "complete". Play with that in mind.

Heres the link to the MOD (custom palette included, please, use it or things will make no sense, as all enemies are edited to fit the MOD plot):

https://mega.nz/#!0c1lhQbT!_eI_ngBaIBRrgLH6GhRoxIDWcFw0Wo7xb5iaWfcPne8

Some Screenshots:

Phenom By The Nomad Phenom10
Phenom By The Nomad Phenom11

Stage 1 - Enter the Facility: Meet "Ilyah" and her army of... light.

Stage 2 - Holographic Room: Your previous memories are "ripped" directly from your brain, and feed the holographic machine. You must walk to advance the hologram, even if you are at the room all the time.

Stage 3 - Wind Tunnel: Beware of the conveyor belt and many falls.

Stage 4 - Dr. Zan managed to "infiltrate" the system of the facility, plugging your brains to the central computer. There's 4 rooms, where you can gather additional information about what is happening in this damn place... Pay attention, every time you enter a "info room", the main corridor restarts: the first 3 doors contain information, the last one direct you to the boss room.

There's a cutscene test in the first stage: I planned to have full animated, voiced cutscenes for all stages.

And that's it. The idea was to make a last stage with a map and the possibility to walk from different rooms, looking for hostages. And face a final boss, Ilyah itself, which I was trying to modelling after the AI from StarCraft 2 character. I would try one or two design tricks to make an entirely new boss fight for the MOD. Unfortunately, I never got to this point. As in Way of the Warrior, there's a lot of English mistakes. Sorry for that.

Hope you enjoy!
Thank you so much, I downloaded, I will play today)))

Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:50 am

thenomad wrote:but I simply got very, very tired of modding SoRR, and the will to finish the project never returned... So, I decided to let you know the game anyways, the way I left some years ago.

You know I'm a big fan of Way of The Warrior. so I was really curious and downloaded and played the first stages of Phenom and... man, I like the soundtrack but it looks like a lot of work was still needed and IMO a mod without ending or proper ending cannot be considered complete Crying or Very sad
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:58 am

It's fair, I'll wait for some moderator to move this thread to the demo section, if don't, I'll re-post there.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 am

I was meant to help finishing this mod but many commitments didn't allow me to. Glad it's now ready. It's a gorgeous mod.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:13 am

Don't worry my friend! I know how troublesome is to give our "babies" the proper polishing. And considering the quality of your mods and effort and love put on them, I wouldn't keep asking you to finish my own mod. Thanks for moving here to demo/experiments.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down