SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4

+15
excalex2
vince
CanzetYote
Winged Cat
William Assunção
Don Vecta
thenomad
bazzza
argomight
DarkThief
Manicmagnet
Laucorn
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 Empty H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4

Post  Laucorn Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Well the faithful day has at last come. It's been a long 7 month process, but this Gaiden for the HUNTER is now complete. Again I could not have done this without the aid Don Vecta, Caj, Sidd, and a few others along the way. Thank all of you.

I dedicate this mod to a person I once knew named Andre. We're no longer friends, but wherever you are...I wish you the best.

Alot of this is copy pasta. Skip to the very bottom for the link

Warning LARGE COPY PASTA is approaching:

Story: A faction of the Syndicate had rebuilt and merged with a Slavery and kidnapping ring. A man posing as Mr.X appears to be the leader, and he is working with Big Momma the former leader of the Blood Feather Triads. These kidnappings have been happening across the globe, and H.U.N.T.E.R has been called in to put a stop to this and get to the bottom of the supposed "Resurrection" of the Syndicate this time.

This leads them back to Mr.X's island base and fortress from SOR2. While somewhat familiar at first to the past, what they stumble into are the dark nightmares of an evil man and his victims.

The story admittedly gets "weird" (though nothing is graphic, it is more to illustrate how evil the villians are similar to say Adam's Story.) A fair warning this mod is not for you if you disliked the Lan Dao mission and/or the SOR Syndicate Highrise Brothel from Adam's Story. I'm not out to trick anyone, so figured I'd just state that now.

Here are a few screenshots, all are worksafe.

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 345lb1w

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 Vid0k4

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 2m284u8

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 2vanmmt

This mod is complete now. Credits and all. This mod has 4 story paths and 4 different endings, scaled for all 5 difficulties and even 2player enemies.

The following screenshots are worksafe.

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 2qs9rfn
https://2img.net/h/oi49.tinypic.com/2qs9rfn.png

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 14ugg95
https://2img.net/h/oi47.tinypic.com/14ugg95.png

However there comes the issue of the plot of this mod, and as I said in the pervious post I seriously doubt this is going to be for everyone. Operation Nightsweeper, again comes after both Adam's Story and the whole of HUNTER (and its DLC). It tackles the hideous issue of Human trafficiking, Slavery, and people being bought and sold for Vice. (and not the goon Vice, though he's in this...)

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 1688s94
https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/1688s94.png

And it's still repugnant, Blaze.

It's a very real and ugly issue, and despite the somewhat kinky yet tame approach I took to it, I wanted to show the H.U.N.T.E.R team was not afraid to take down even the most vile missions. I wanted to give a proper follow up to a sub plot from Adam's Story as well as Lan Dao from HUNTER. Then bring the issues presented there to ahead, then crush it. I don't care to romantize it, so any jokes you encounter in the mod are more to break the tension and uneasiness of this rather unpleasant subject.

A repeat of the disclaimer from the Demo topic below.

Disclaimer: Below are a few screenshots, they are possible NOT worksafe. They may contain imagery some find offensive. Despite me working on the game, and the sprites, and enjoying it, I do not by any means support nor condone the vile nature of this mod's story. The bad guys are indeed a sick **** and that's the point. There is NOTHING graphic in this mod,(I have standards, and I don't make trash) but at the same time folks might find it disturbing. There are no prudes here, people can like and dislike what they wish. I am not out to trick or fool anyone into playing this. For you benefit, the images below will be in spoiler tags.

Also there will be no weird ambiences here. What you see is what you will get.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These areas are for the second take on the "Fetish Brothel" from Adam's story. A sequel even might be a better word. Some of you might remember one of these areas from a certian April Fool's joke. Well that shot was editted, but the idea and level behind it is from this game.(Although everything is toned down. There is no nudity or anything lewd like that) There is also a dungeon area, and some trap rooms ala BK3 later on, that have somewhat similar themes.

With that all I can say in conclusion is: I can't control what people like or dislike. But for those that do stick with this, I hope you enjoy the mod. It should be ready with any luck...within a week or two's time. I admit I was hesistant to even go forward with this mod project, but Don, Caj, Sidd and some others have convinced to try and take the risk. With that being said...

The game is complete. Thank you. (Current Palettes have been included in links below)

Below are the most recent versions (Version 1.3) It has some new stuff shown off in vids (GunnerGG my account on youtube) and some rescaled Codies and Truckers to take into account the newest patch that corrects their lifebar issues.

A mediafire link below to the must recent edition, and hopefully final, the game is about 98% complete now. I'm happy with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w9h834clv7b14lp

CURRENT PALETTES: (incase the palettes with the game didn't work)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5cmpz7b9x7wjz4j/NScurrentpalettes.7z

Stage 2-1 Patch.

4shared Link
http://www.4shared.com/archive/1BHyQ5hc/Nightsweeperstage2a.html

Mediafire Link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ss5kvgy1920s2c/Nightsweeperstage2a.7z

I've registered for rapidshare, but they've not sent me my confirmation email yet...so I can't upload this to that link. Also it should be noted to those struggling with 7z that the service is free, and Winrar as Charco mentioned can also open it with the right set up.

NEW EDIT: Please check spoiler tag below to all first time and returning players confused or concerned about alternate routes.

ALSO: Please check inside the mod folder for Palettes, they are included and labeled in a folder of their own, if you do not see them when you first download the mod. This was seemingly oversight on my part. Thank you to everyone that has played so far, and will play this as time passes.

Spoiler:

CORRECTIONS AND CHANGES MADE TO V1.4:

Various scenes: Enemy placement enchanced or slightly changed.

Palettes: A few named added here and there, it's recommended you play the mod with the palettes.

2-6 and 2-7: Removed the police special and murphy's lines about it. Seemed to make the game glitch up according to feedback.

2-9: Sped up the elevator for the scene.

3-2: Enemy placement changes, as well as corrected an issue with Slash

Credits: Updated with music missing from previous versions and some new stuff.

5th route. NEW AND IMPORTANT: A brand new route and 5th(and final) story path is hidden in the game now. It has a couple of new bosses, and a rehash of one making it harder. Be advised if you find this path and are playing Very Hard or Mania, this path and bosses are pretty difficult. I'm not going to reveal where the new route is, not yet however. It's pretty carefully hidden, so those that like to rush ahead might just miss it.

CORRECTIONS AND CHANGES MADE TO V1.1:

Stage 1-1: Removed pointless dialogue during beach combat.

Stage 1-2: Corrected Signal getting stuck in stage

Stage 2-1 Corrected Fog/Storm Grenade thrower not spawning. Also changed positions so they have no choice but to spawn first even if you run ahead.

2-3: Removed free camera to keep a hostage (Crawd/Cloud) from vanishing during scroll back.

2-6,2-7: Corrected Helicopter issue of being able to call for such. Now players can only use car backup. Murphy has been given an extra line in 2-6 to signify this.

2-9: Added a few enemies to round 6 (including a Ninja) on the Elevator.

6-2, 6-6, 7-8: Corrected issues with Electras possibly getting stuck (hopefully)

6-4, 6-9: Corrected minor layering issues

Various levels including level 5 Trap rooms: Corrected issue of being able to call for police backup in places it doesn't make sense.

Credits: Updated to include Joy's name for use of her Old man sprite.

Last edited by Laucorn on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4

Post  Manicmagnet Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Awesome mod, I had a lot of fun with this one!
I like how you guys have the collection of H.U.N.T.E.R. stories so I can play through each of them and learn more about the story, It makes the experience unique and interesting Very Happy

I also liked all the alternate paths, I like being able to change up the game as I play. Smile
In Conclusion, I found this mod to be on par with the other H.U.N.T.E.R. missions, which is bada$$ considering how great the other missions are too.
10/10! Great Mod

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R Gaiden: Operation Nightsweeper V1.4

Post  Laucorn Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks, for your review and input I still have one final version in the works. I should have it out in the coming weeks. Just need to fine tune a few things. I hoping everyone will like what gets added in.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 am

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Game-breaking bug: Roo cannot use his police special in the two rail tunnel stages, the game bugs out if you try. Other hero characters can't use their polices, despite the icon at the start indicating that you can.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  argomight Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi, links appear to be broken.

I this http://www.***.net/sorr_nightsweeper.htm the last version with all the fixes (paletes and Nightsweeperstage2a)?

argomight
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 pm

argomight wrote:Hi, links appear to be broken.

I this http://www.***.net/sorr_nightsweeper.htm the last version with all the fixes (paletes and Nightsweeperstage2a)?

This link does not work either dude,

I have played this mod it is very good,the story is well done great graphics, and great choice in music.

Here is a vid of me playing this fine mod getting the bad ending Crying or Very sad anyway enjoy, also I not sure what verion of this mod I am playing if it is 1.3 I will re-upload it to putlocker and mediafire need confirmation by laucron.

https://youtu.be/nTXB8q30GZo

Last edited by bazzza on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTXB8q30GZo)
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  argomight Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:04 pm

For some reason it censors the s_o_r_o_n_l_i_n_e .

Enter the word instead of *** in the link without the _ and you should be able do download it.

Code:

http://***.net/sorr_nightsweeper.htm

http://s_o_r_o_n_l_i_n_e.net/sorr_nightsweeper.htm

argomight
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:36 pm

bazzza wrote:
argomight wrote:Hi, links appear to be broken.

This link does not work either dude,

I have played this mod it is very good,the story is well done great graphics, and great choice in music.

Here is a vid of me playing this fine mod getting the bad ending Crying or Very sad anyway enjoy, also I not sure what verion of this mod I am playing if it is 1.3 I will re-upload it to putlocker and mediafire need confirmation by laucron.

https://youtu.be/nTXB8q30GZo

You are more than welcome to upload it. Thanks.

EDIT: 1.4 is now up check the intro post for mediafire link

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 am

Playing this for two weeks by now, and I never played the old version: only the v1.4.

I don't know exactly what it changes but I'm just here to review the last update.

Let me tell you: amazing mod! Better than H.UN.T.E.R, better than adam story extended!
You've made something very entertenaing with both humour and nostalgia tweaked zone.
You've made long route or short route to fulfill everyone.
Some Musics from Gang of Fury v1.2 (my fav mod btw) feature this mod and it's great too!
The Bad guy in your mod is just perfect, I love it.

The only cons is : it's a bit too long for me. Finding all the routes, all the endings was tedious by the end, but that's just my personnal opinion. This mod is a must, very enjoyable with a lots of creativity on some Battle and Bosses!
Visually speaking, it's outstanding for both layers and palettes.

Last but not least: Connecting original series (SoRI/II/III) and H.U.N.T.E.R is a great concept, like Adam Story Extended did, it adds a lot of value to a mod (at least for me).

I hope everyone around here play this mod, especially for the super long path lol

Thank you very much.
9/10

Last edited by BigDarsh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Thank you BigDarsh, it should be noted Donny gave me a considerable amount of support and help throughout this project and it is part of the HUNTER universe. So I consider it an add-on or side story rather than a completely seperate chapter. Don does amazing work and I am always in awe of his graphic design abilities. Without HUNTER nor Adam's this mod wouldn't exist, so I won't ever say it's better, just another part of the story.

The ideal of WSE is to expand upon what the original trilogy has given us, and take it in some interesting directions. I think Donny and Xenovant have done a wonderful job there. I think there is alot of potential in these concepts and in SOR/BK in general. Hopefully in the future more of this will be explored.

I do thank you for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed the mod so much. I wanted to make something people would like. I am surprised and humbled by just how well that worked out.

And yes it is a tad long, the 5th path I mention below gets long too.

Given it's been a while I'll give you a hint about what changed. There is a path carefully hidden in stage 5 that takes the story into a 5th and completely different route. Those that rush ahead will never find it, however.

And yes I love the bad guy myself, he's quite the freak. LOL.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Without HUNTER nor Adam's this mod wouldn't exist, so I won't ever say it's better, just another part of the story.
I understand what you feel, but don't get me wrong. When I say "better than xxx", I am not looking to tone down Don or CajNatalie or Xenovant amazing works on other mods. H.U.N.T.E.R and Adam Story Extended are both great mod that has to be played. They are not out of order because of yours. This would be just b*llshit and I would be a b*st*rd if I dare saying so! They are still excellent productions!

If you look closely, IMHO:
H.U.N.T.E.R (1st Release) < Adam Story Extended (2nd Release) < Nightsweeper (3rd Release).

It means that you all modders are improving from mod to mod. You try to make something over the top every time you strike back and this is just amazing. Like you said Nightsweeper couldn't be this great if Don Vecta did not help you with his visuals design skills, and without sharing his experience in modding. It's a true community work and that's what I love so much in the SoRR fan world. Wink

The ideal of WSE is to expand upon what the original trilogy has given us, and take it in some interesting directions. I think Donny and Xenovant have done a wonderful job there. I think there is alot of potential in these concepts and in SOR/BK in general. Hopefully in the future more of this will be explored.

I share WSE opinion, and I'm pretty sure you will keep doing good work if you follow your ideal! Idea

Maybe this is out of topic but I try:
Spoiler:
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 am

BigDarsh wrote:
Without HUNTER nor Adam's this mod wouldn't exist, so I won't ever say it's better, just another part of the story.
I understand what you feel, but don't get me wrong. When I say "better than xxx", I am not looking to tone down Don or CajNatalie or Xenovant amazing works on other mods. H.U.N.T.E.R and Adam Story Extended are both great mod that has to be played. They are not out of order because of yours. This would be just b*llshit and I would be a b*st*rd if I dare saying so! They are still excellent productions!

If you look closely, IMHO:
H.U.N.T.E.R (1st Release) < Adam Story Extended (2nd Release) < Nightsweeper (3rd Release).

It means that you all modders are improving from mod to mod. You try to make something over the top every time you strike back and this is just amazing. Like you said Nightsweeper couldn't be this great if Don Vecta did not help you with his visuals design skills, and without sharing his experience in modding. It's a true community work and that's what I love so much in the SoRR fan world. Wink

I share WSE opinion, and I'm pretty sure you will keep doing good work if you follow your ideal! Idea

Maybe this is out of topic but I try:
Spoiler:

Ah I misunderstood then, my apologies, and thank you for your compliments. We do indeed try, and hopefully we'll keep putting out even better stuff. Your support and everyone else's is greatly appreciated. I thank you so much for playing the game and liking it.

As for the spoiler...you're the only person that caught that. LOL It's a deliberate little lamp-shade/reference to Adam's story...and a throw away joke with Max.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 am

Beat it on mania. Did not find the new path...... now I'm going to obsess over it until I do find it. I did notice some "Go!" arrows that I couldn't seem to trigger though.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:48 am

Karma => I will not give you the solution, but if you are a old school SoR2 player abusing the trigger enemy system, you should definitly find it Razz

Laucorn => My pleasure to support, and I'm not a native english speaker so I'm a bit guilty too Wink
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 am

I was playing this mod and it's really a good one, the plot is very interesting, the way that our nemesis in the game keep escaping from me amused me a lot, but unfortunately i got the wrong path and the villain has escaped in the end too...!

But i am intrigued with one thing, the villain in this game had appeared in any other mod too? Because i never played anything with this character, and along the game the plot keep telling me that he is an old enemy... It's in the extended Adam Story mod?
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 am

As stated in the spoiler tag of a previous message in this topic, yes he makes is first appareance in:
Spoiler:

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:17 am

Thx for the answer BigDarsh!

A question: Where is the Hunter topic? I just finished the Subway Mayhem DLC and want to tell my impressions about the MOD, but i realized that the MOD topic doesn't exist...!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 am

You're welcome thenomad, I'm still playing your very first version of Way of the Warrior btw (a masterpiece Wink )

Don Vecta said he would like to finish his new DLC before posting the H.U.N.T.E.R official thread (a way to keep pressure lol).
I would like myself review it, but I'll be patient Very Happy

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 am

Thx again! Well, glad to hear your kind words about WotW and, that Don is working in another Hunters DLC, because Subway Mayhem was just amazing, i remember people complaining a little about the time counter, but i can say that this make me play with a feeling of hurry and despair, and this is a great achievement for a game, play around with our feelings...! And im impressed too with the graphics, Don has raised the bar a little more again to all modders around...!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:50 am

Yeah, sorry about that. I refuse to create a HUNTER topic now until got DLC 2 done since this might be the final version of the mod itself. Thus, the one you'd guys download would be the final version of the whole mod (maybe a MOTY edition? lol).

thenomad wrote: Thx again! Well, glad to hear your kind words about WotW and, that Don is working in another Hunters DLC, because Subway Mayhem was just amazing, i remember people complaining a little about the time counter, but i can say that this make me play with a feeling of hurry and despair, and this is a great achievement for a game, play around with our feelings...! And im impressed too with the graphics, Don has raised the bar a little more again to all modders around...!

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Nomad. I really appreciate them.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:20 am

I played the new version of this mod too, the new route is much longer to me, more longer then Adam's Story to me, i take 2 hours to complete this route, gladly i played with Max XD

Anywa, i'm waiting for the new H.U.N.T.E.R. DLC, can't wat for play the new [ and probable last version of the mod.
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Winged Cat Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 am

It's very fascinating mod with a serious "true-life" plot x_x
Thank you:D 

Winged Cat
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:52 pm

This is still such a great MOD with a brilliant amount of detail and awesome story line.

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  CanzetYote Mon May 02, 2016 1:18 am

Does anyone know what Track 20 is from (The song that plays on the bondage balcony area)? Is it an original composition or did it come from a different game?

CanzetYote

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum