SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE

+17
Don Vecta
OldSchoolGamer2024
Raf Arin
Iceferno
Ducobson
Mankiz
The_Silence_Pz_Br
vince
Leatherface
Pantha35
graylandertagger
Augmented Antics
celestinx
SORDave
oracle
bazzza
Tarma
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Empty Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:40 pm

***RUSHING BEAT REMAKE***
*Final Edition 2023 v3.0*

Compatible only with SORR v5.1
Issues from using outdated or updated versions of SORR will be disregarded.

July 30th 2023. And here I thought I've reached the final edition, but nah, the mod still could have been improved, expanded and enhanced and here we are: RUSHING BEAT REMAKE V3.0!

I had to welcome 2016 with a release... besides, I'm sure many of you in January the 1st will be lazy at home, so... play this bitch! The last mod of 2015 a
and the first of 2016!
Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE RB00_zps61080d74

This is the most recent version of the Rushing Beat Remake mod for SORmaker. This is considered the Final Edition (by now) and fully compatible with SORRv5.1 only as it uses most of the features available in the latest build. Needless to say, v5.2 won't work as intended so stick with v5.1.

Latest build is 3.0 (hopefully the final build) has some new features:
  • Expanded and enhanced new hidden alternate routes that lead to whole new alternate stages, all in the Jaleco style.
  • Expanded fonts, interface and a main page theme
  • Updated palettes and names, along with new enemies for the alternate routes.
  • Expanded breakables, consumables, point items and weapons (weapons created by Teramussa)
  • New car racing event skin using Rushing Beat cars (created by Herb1e)
  • Fixed errors and balance issues.
  • Music from Iceferno and Rushing Beat Ran.

Build v2.1 fixed a few issues to have it 100% polished:
  • Enemies stuck in the alternate jungle route.
  • Shadow effects in some areas.
  • Balance enemy appearance and health. Slightly more friendly to Easy to Hard players.
  • BONUS! Character players palettes including some palettes from Norton (RB and RBRan) for Axel-1 and 3 and a Douglas Bild/Oozie Nelson palette for Max. The rest are my personal KOF collection palettes for other characters.

As always, I highly recommend everyone to delete the old mod and try a full, new folder with everything included in the build!

This new mod, compared with the old version features:

• New breakable objects, resembling the ones from the original Rushing Beat/Rival Turf
  • Three unique hidden alternate routes, completely new.
  • A whole new interface of graphics, fonts and design never seen in a mod before.
  • Re-balancing in difficulty, adapted to the new v5.1 AI difficulty.
  • Consumable items like food and points belonging to the original Rushing Beat, along with new custom made items.

From the old build:

A perfect transition of the classic SNES beat 'em up Rushing Beat/Rival Turf! into the SOR style.

This mod features:

• Exact color palettes and names of enemies roleplaying the mooks from both Rival Turf!/Rushing Beat.
  • Scenes from the game cleanly resized to match the SORR resolution (320 x 240), yet keeping the pixel perfect native resolution from the original.
  • Perfect enemy positioning emulating the one in the original game.
  • Scaled difficulty for Very Hard and Mania (extra enemies, more energy to bosses, etc.).
  • Story line (or more likely epilogue) inspired from the original Rushing Beat (including a translated ending).
  • Faithful soundtrack of the original game.
  • GRANDMASTER CHALLENGE available only for Very Hard or Mania players, offering remixed music, champion edition scenes, extra palettes and "characters" and a very challenging difficulty.

v3.0 new stuff.
Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Image
Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Hqdefault

Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE SnapshotRBR02_zpswkbiz8e2Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Snapshot1-1a_zps9f7b748fRushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE SnapshotRBR03_zpscz6kqzf6Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE RBlockerdoor01_zps1fc65278Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE RBnewarea00_zps028ceeca

IMPORTANT: This mod MUST be played along with the data and custom palettes folder in order to make all the features appear, otherwise, the mod will feel odd and out of place as it is heavily edited.

How to install:

1. DON'T OVERWRITE THE CONTENT IN THE OLD BUILD! Make this a fresh, new mod! Forget the old build existed!
  2. Unzip the contents from the .rar file.
  3. Folder "Rushing Beat Remake FE v3.0" goes in the SORR/mod/games folder
  4. Folder "data" goes in the root folder of SORR
  5. The contents of the folder "Rushing Beat palettes" should replace the ones of SORR/palettes/enemies. If using the Palette Manager application, place the folder in the SORR/palettes/enemies/Custom folder. Then with the Palette Manager application, select the Rushing Beat palettes option.

Tips and trivia:

• For perfect tribute gameplay, may I recommend using Axel as Rick Norton/Jack Flak or Max as Douglas Bild/Oozie Nelson.
  • If you want the exact experience of the game play it in Hard or Below. However, Very Hard and Mania players are rewarded with a very extensive challenge mode that will put your skills to test.
  • Take in mind the original game had very few energy items so be sharp, even though the swarms are not too big (usually max 3 or 4 enemies per wave) if played carelessly would be too hard for you.
  • Play it with the custom palettes included in the file to enjoy the tribute at its fullest.

Enjoy, looking forward for your feedback.

Special thanks to:

Grandmaster Rain, Herb1e, Cyber and Teramussa for beta testing v3.0
NattyCat, Soni Chan, BigDarsh and Mr. Din for beta testing of v2.2.

Teramussa for the new weapon skins and texts

Herb1e for the car racing event

Joshiro & GlassJawBoxer for the graphic updates in custom items.

Big Darsh for his killer Sound Pack.

And definitely you for playing this mod.

v3.0. July 30th, 2023.
v2.0. December 31st, 2015. Withering Surface Entertainment.

Download link (mirrors are always welcome): An only rar, containing the main mod, the data folder and the custom palette folder. 

v3.0:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ewawowgrnh7bpr/Rushing_Beat_Remake_FE_v3.0.zip/file

v2.1:
Code:
https://www.4shared.com/rar/mTvaohvGee/Rushing_Beat_Remake_FE_v21.html

Last edited by Don Vecta on Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:22 am; edited 14 times in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

saboteur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Empty Re: Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE

Post  Tarma Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Ouch, I was writing in the other thread but you locked it before I finished. Razz

I was asking if it is possible to add custom items.

And, of course, I am going to download your new version. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Empty Re: Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:17 pm

Tarma wrote:Ouch, I was writing in the other thread but you locked it before I finished. Razz

I was asking if it is possible to add custom items.

And, of course, I am going to download your new version. Smile

This mod has more than custom items, custom breakables and custom music and sound... trust me, this mod is breaking everything done in edition so far in a mod. You'll see this when you play it!

BTW, if the link is still not working by the time of this post, don't fret it, it's still uploading in the box. Be patient.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:40 pm

And here we welcome the 2016 era of modding. Where those who put in enough excessive time and effort can provide a truly transformative experience. Cool

It's going in my Must Play list for when I need another break. The beta was already awesome as it was. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:03 pm

Fuck yeah the baby is out, thanks Donnie I could kiss you, you little beauty Very Happy. Great new years pressie.

Alternative link to mod if needed https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1w4zMvi1BBkMU0wOVJxU3I2N3M/view
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:04 pm

Okay, I saw how you made it. Great job, as usual. Smile
I am going to play it, I am on holidays.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:12 pm

bazzza wrote:Fuck yeah the baby is out, thanks Donnie I could kiss you, you little beauty Very Happy. Great new years pressie.

Alternative link to mod if needed https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1w4zMvi1BBkMU0wOVJxU3I2N3M/view

Awww shucks, my girl will be jealous, though. Embarassed

Thanks for the links. Updating.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:27 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
bazzza wrote:Fuck yeah the baby is out, thanks Donnie I could kiss you, you little beauty Very Happy. Great new years pressie.

Razz Razz Razz

By the way how many times have you changed your profile picture in the last couple of days Razz
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:20 am

I was just thinking today if custom items was possible Shocked (I love what you added to the data dir. Have you found a better way to extract the dat files?)
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Empty Rushing Beat Remake V2.0 (2016)

Post  SORDave Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:14 am

I tried the Mod and I LOVE IT,excellent job on it Vecta also I think people should use that Data for there own SORMaker mods,I think it's really handy! Very Happy

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:42 am

Wow a new mod with lots of cool features and its less than 40bm so it's easy to download.

Nice one bro, am downloading now and give feedback later I have the day off, (Not the weekend tho Crying or Very sad )
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:52 am

bazzza wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

Razz Razz Razz

By the way how many times have you changed your profile picture in the last couple of days Razz

It changes every time you refresh. Wink

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:38 am

I have tried both links for over an hour, they always fails for me. Crying or Very sad
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:57 am

celestinx wrote:I have tried both links for over an hour, they always fails for me. Crying or Very sad

Use VPN. Can't find a reliable file sharing site China friendly to upload. :-/

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:46 am

celestinx wrote:I have tried both links for over an hour, they always fails for me. Crying or Very sad

What even google drive, there probably the most reliable one on the net. Try this one.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/r-zGDi1Tce/Rushing_Beat_Remake_FE_v20.html
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:34 am

A new patch is coming up addressing few issues I've found out. If any of you find some issues, please report them so I can fix them in a whole update.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:05 pm

I have no interest in Rushing Beat / Rival Turf, and I don't like the music, but the mod here... this mod as something to play is pure GOLD now (and to me this is always the most important thing, so it's a winner). Go ahead and patch whenever to make it even better. Wink

Only one hidden path taken; otherwise straight forward.

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:35 am

I noticed that your cutscenes cut off at the top (which I know is an issue with cutscenes in general with SORMaker, but I figured I'd detail it here).

However, this can be fixed by going into the FPG of your cutscenes and setting control point 000's Y position to 80. Voila, your cutscenes now appear properly in-frame! This is something I plan to go back and do when I re-optimize my older mods and work on new ones.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:03 pm

Augmented Antics wrote:I noticed that your cutscenes cut off at the top (which I know is an issue with cutscenes in general with SORMaker, but I figured I'd detail it here).

However, this can be fixed by going into the FPG of your cutscenes and setting control point 000's Y position to 80.  Voila, your cutscenes now appear properly in-frame!  This is something I plan to go back and do when I re-optimize my older mods and work on new ones.
More specifically...
CPT000=x160y80
...for any full-screen image.
Leaving this here for reference to everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Augmented Antics wrote:I noticed that your cutscenes cut off at the top (which I know is an issue with cutscenes in general with SORMaker, but I figured I'd detail it here).

However, this can be fixed by going into the FPG of your cutscenes and setting control point 000's Y position to 80.  Voila, your cutscenes now appear properly in-frame!  This is something I plan to go back and do when I re-optimize my older mods and work on new ones.

Much obliged, duly noted and up for the patch. Didn't touch the cutscenes from the first build, hence the change of position. Smile

Oh Caj, you can't hate South of the Border's music... it's the one that gives a lovely vibe to the game (at least it's my personal favorite). If only could be extended somehow... Razz

Thanks for playing and keep going.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:06 am

I never knew that you could mod items. I couldn't find a tutorial. Can you do the same with the weapon sprites?

BTW. Not to suggest rushing, but considering that this is work in progress can you give us an estimate on the release date?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Stupid me forgot to remove the WIP sign...

Nah, the mod is complete, yet I'm gonna release a fix patch some time later.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 pm

What about the weapons spites. Has the community figured out how to mod those yet? I look forward to uploading some images for people to use once they do.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Pantha35 Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 am

I am going to play all the heck out of this update on the mod. I'm so glad that I got notified too. Gameplay will be showing up in the near future.

Pantha35
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:54 pm

Pantha35 wrote:I am going to play all the heck out of this update on the mod. I'm so glad that I got notified too. Gameplay will be showing up in the near future.

And thank you very much, I'm really happy you enjoyed the mod while playing. That put a smiiiiiile on my face~!
Rushing Beat Remake Final Edition 2016 v3.0 by WSE Tumblr_ls1bicdm0f1qbu592o1_500

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next