SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links!

+7
links-dont-work
WillyTheSquid
Ambrevar
Charco
Benny26
Saven
MrTwizzler
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links! - Page 2 Empty Re: SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links!

Post  WillyTheSquid Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 pm

Works beautifully under Manjaro thanks to the Arch User Repository support. Compared to running in WINE, input lag is much reduced. 5.1 patch ("rev030") included too.

So glad I can get back into the game seriously again. But... now I have to start over to unlock all the stuff. Razz

Donovan

Back to top Go down

SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links! - Page 2 Empty Re: SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links!

Post  WillyTheSquid Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:21 pm

I guess the SORmaker (the level editor, not the ability to play mods) only works in Windows/WINE? Can't find any info on how I would run it natively in Linux.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  brocashelm Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 am

For anyone recently having problems getting the game to run on a modern system (due to segmentation faults and incompatible libraries), I've provided a solution here.

brocashelm

bufs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BobPage Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 pm

I noticed that there is a new version of SORR, 5.2, that has been made available. I'm wondering if anyone with more computer skill than myself could create an Arch Linux package for this version, or maybe even a version available in the Manjaro AUR.

Smile

BobPage

Back to top Go down

Post  jlhorner1974 Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Has anyone ever been able to get this working on Batocera for Raspberry Pi 4?

I know it works in RetroPie for Raspberry Pi 4. I tried to get it to work in RecalBox, but that doesn't seem to support launching third party emulators. Batocera seems to allow that, but trying to copy the files from my working RetroPie version to Batocera's /userdata/roms/sorr folder and executing it like:

Code:
pushd /userdata/roms/sorr; ./bgdi-333 ./SorR.dat; popd

gives me the error:

Code:
-bash: bgdi-333: command not found

And I know the executable is in that folder and has execute permissions.

Someone speculated that the bennu-gd executable could be 32 bits and that Batocera won't touch it because it is 32 bit only. Does anyone know if that's true?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

jlhorner1974

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2