SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Differences from V4 and V5

3 posters

Go down

Differences from V4 and V5 Empty Differences from V4 and V5

Post  Arcane Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 pm

I noticed a lot of things were quite different from Version 4.01 and Version 5 of SORR, and I'd like to share them in this topic.

1. Blaze's running knife uppercut was nerfed in V5, but considered it was possible to time it just right and lock stun an enemy until the knife attack killed them, that was probably for the best, as V4 Blaze with a knife could be downright broken.
2. Neo X/Robot Y seems a lot harder to beat up than in V4, not to mention a lot smarter, even on easier difficulty.
3. Ash was almost a joke to beat up in V4, but since he'll now run at your character and initiate a throw move every so often, he's actually a lot more challenging.
4. The freight elevator stage (Stage 7 of SOR 1) is a lot less easy to exploit for free kills in V5. In V4, i could throw lots of enemies off the elevator for instant kills almost anywhere, but now it only seems to work towards the bottom half of the elevator.
5. Nora (SOR1 whip user) is way less aggressive in V4 than in V5, and attempts jump kicks far less often.
6. Gold/Silver/Bronz are a lot more prone to go for throws in V4 than in V5.
7. Signals are somewhat smarter in V5 than in V4, as they tend to telegraph their slide kicks more in V4.

That about it for now, had some more things I noticed, but if anyone else thought of something I didn't I'd love to see it. Smile

Last edited by Arcane on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some info)

Arcane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Differences from V4 and V5 Empty Re: Differences from V4 and V5

Post  Don Vecta Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Arcane wrote:
3. Ash was almost a joke to beat up in V4, but since he'll now run at your character and initiate a throw move every so often, he's actually a lot more challenging.

Ash's power lies when you pair him with other kind of enemies, while you're fencing up other mooks, Ash will simply run and grab you. There's still a tiny window to break the grab with a special but he has huge priority on his grab (kinda like Signal-1's). Solution? If you're in a swarm with an Ash included and he's running to you, turn back, he'll grab you and throw you away where you can safe roll and even take you out from the swarm, lol (maybe even knocking down other mooks in the way).

[quote="Arcane"]
4. The freight elevator stage (Stage 7 of SOR 1) is a lot less easy to exploit for free kills in V5. In V4, i could throw lots of enemies off the elevator for instant kills almost anywhere, but now it only seems to work towards the bottom half of the elevator.[quote]

The key here is that the railing does have property now. You only can knock down enemies with a high juggle attack (say Axel-2's Grand Uppah), catching an enemy flying mid air (say Nora's or Haku's flying kick) or long range throws. Notice the hit sound when an enemy is about to fall, which means they get hit in their spine over the handrail before falling on their death, lol.

Arcane wrote:
7. Signals are somewhat smarter in V5 than in V4, as they tend to telegraph their slide kicks more in V4.

For me they are still the weakest enemies on the whole roster. While they're a lot smarter (in fact, EVERYONE is in v5), the 3 of them are still weaksauce. Why?

1) Still predictable slide. Yes, they space themselves a lot more and in crowds that could be a problem, but damage is laughable.
2) Safe rolling throw. I always see this move more a blessing than a curse (for us, of course), they grab you and throw you out from a swarm where you can safe land like poetry in motion. Many times got saved by a Signal before an Abadede clotheslined me, for example.
3) They stand up fairly quickly. You can do easy grab chains over them and eradicate them quickly (this is great for Zan or Rudra players).

Now, in my opinion, Signal-3 is the strongest of them all because he has other options and properties than they other two piss poor punks don't: 1) He actually has jabs, not one-frame jabs like Galsia-2 for example, but still lot faster than the lame turn punch of Signal-2. 2) He has a combo with them, jab jab turn punch. 3) Slide has Max invincible powers. In the moment they're during the slide, they're completely invincible so it's harder to do a jump down B as they do so cuz if bad timed, you'd get hit by the slide.

Signal-1 has a great grab range but, as I said, it's more a good thing than a bad thing for you. His cross punch is fast and hits in a Z axis too but his damage input is laughable.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcane Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Yeah, I did notice the freight elevator properties were altered quite a bit, it's made me rethink my instant pitfall kill strategies somewhat.

As for Ash, appreciate the tips.

I did notice Signal-3 is the most versatile, and I do tend to take advantage of Signal-1's throws, but speaking of Abadede, he's much less annoying to beat up because he doesn't pull off what I like to call "the combo breaker flex" half as often as he did in V4.

The Muay Thai kickboxers are way less aggravating then they were in V4, where they were the masters of defense, now they seem more balanced. The ninjas (not the Ninjo's) are slightly less dodge happy (they have a somewhat more exploitable pattern in V5)

SOR1 Galsia's don't seem to be too much harder in V5 than in V4 (though they can be annoying when equipped with knives), the SOR 2 versions seem to be the toughest but stupidly easy to beat up, and the SOR3 versions seem to be the most versatile but more evasive, much like the Signals, though the SOR3 Galsia/Galvice don't seem to be as weapons happy as the SOR1 version.

The Vice and Sway (guys with the doo rags from SOR3) punks seems a little easier to beat up in V5 than in V4, though the latter is pretty good at milking headbutt grabs for all they are worth.

Arcane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 am

Arcane wrote:speaking of Abadede, he's much less annoying to beat up because he doesn't pull off what I like to call "the combo breaker flex" half as often as he did in V4.

in vanilla v5 Abadede was as strong as any final boss. You couldn't touch him without going GWAAAAAAAAARGHH almost every one or two hits. in v5.0a he's less annoying on that field (but still will splash drop you, clotheslines you and reach to grab you from above/below like in v5).

[quote="Arcane"]
The Muay Thai kickboxers are way less aggravating then they were in V4, where they were the masters of defense, now they seem more balanced.[quote]
In vanilla v5 were still jerks. 5.0a gave them slightly balance but they are still a bunch of annoying assholes.

Arcane wrote:The ninjas (not the Ninjo's) are slightly less dodge happy (they have a somewhat more exploitable pattern in V5)
Troll ninjas are easy to beat if you let them approach from above/below after they've done thousands of jumps. And attack them quickly as they stand up or else they'd have invincible jump frame.

Arcane wrote:SOR1 Galsia's don't seem to be too much harder in V5 than in V4 (though they can be annoying when equipped with knives)
in v5 they were VERY tough with their 3-hit combo of death. v5.0a made their jabs lot slower so it's easy to either counter hit them or move away. However, they have become more threatening with the metal bat.

Arcane wrote:the SOR 2 versions seem to be the toughest but stupidly easy to beat up

Galsia-2 is the type of enemy that by himself is cake but... in swarms his role is extremely important as his 1-frame jabs can easy disrupt whatever you're doing with other enemies, if they hit you from behind change your direction therefore confusing you, and leaving you open for other harder enemies to beat the crap outta you. His advantage over Signal-2 is that Signal moves knock down so you'd be out of danger for a while (considering their damage input is not so great), but whereas Galsia-2's jab does laughable damage, its speed and the fact it doesn't knock you down and leave you open for huge damage.

Arcane wrote:and the SOR3 versions seem to be the most versatile but more evasive, much like the Signals, though the SOR3 Galsia/Galvice don't seem to be as weapons happy as the SOR1 version.

I might have to disagree on this one. Galsia-3's are actually very versatile and balanced enemies. In v5.0a they do their elbow drop more often by spacing themselves. And sure they are weapon happy! They'd pick up knives just like Jack (high priority in getting a dropped knife). While their jabs are 2-frames and a bit slow, they still can have huge threat. Be careful if you knock some down and you don't mind him on the floor, his wake up punch will annoy you a lot. A huge weakness they have is they wake up too fast and before they do their wake up punch you can grab them or do a meaty attack that would trump their wake up attack.

Oh, and Galvice never used weapons.

Arcane wrote:The Vice and Sway (guys with the doo rags from SOR3) punks seems a little easier to beat up in V5 than in V4, though the latter is pretty good at milking headbutt grabs for all they are worth.

Fucking Slums/Goldies are lot tougher in v5/5.0a! Block happy every time, every time to run to them they'd do that horrible ghetto kick or will try to round you and give you a knockdown punch.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcane Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:23 am

I guess I probably need to clarify whether I'm referring to V4 V5 or V5.0a, because I've been mostly comparing my opinions on V4 and 5.0a.

Anyway, to clarify:

in vanilla v5 Abadede was as strong as any final boss. You couldn't touch him without going GWAAAAAAAAARGHH almost every one or two hits. in v5.0a he's less annoying on that field (but still will splash drop you, clotheslines you and reach to grab you from above/below like in v5).

Yeah, I did notice that. In 5.0a he's slightly less combo break prone, but otherwise pulls the same cheap tactics.

In vanilla v5 were still jerks. 5.0a gave them slightly balance but they are still a bunch of annoying assholes.

Agreed. The kickboxer guys were still douchebags in V5.

in v5 they were VERY tough with their 3-hit combo of death. v5.0a made their jabs lot slower so it's easy to either counter hit them or move away. However, they have become more threatening with the metal bat.

I did remember the SOR 1 Galsia's being more lethal in V5 (I was comparing the V4/5.0a versions), and now that you mention it, they are notoriously quick with the bat.

I might have to disagree on this one. Galsia-3's are actually very versatile and balanced enemies. In v5.0a they do their elbow drop more often by spacing themselves. And sure they are weapon happy! They'd pick up knives just like Jack (high priority in getting a dropped knife). While their jabs are 2-frames and a bit slow, they still can have huge threat. Be careful if you knock some down and you don't mind him on the floor, his wake up punch will annoy you a lot. A huge weakness they have is they wake up too fast and before they do their wake up punch you can grab them or do a meaty attack that would trump their wake up attack.

Oh, and Galvice never used weapons.

I did notice that elbow drop was one of their favorite spam attacks, but either it's just me, but the SOR3 Galsia's rarely attack me with weapons most of the time in 5.0a, though I admit my memory is a little hazy on their patterns from 5.0 and V4.

Also, thanks for the reminder on Galvice.

Fucking Slums/Goldies are lot tougher in v5/5.0a! Block happy every time, every time to run to them they'd do that horrible ghetto kick or will try to round you and give you a knockdown punch.

Offensively, I'd have to agree;drop you guard and they can whittle away your lifebar fast. However, Goldie seems far less defensive prone in 5.0a IMO. Either that, or his guard timing is different. Either way, I find him easier to beat up in 5.0a.

Also, can't remember how aggressive the Donovans and the biker guys were with the pipes in V4 and V5, but both seem rather swing happy in 5.0a.

Arcane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  MrTwizzler Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am

Weren't there some proto levels in v4 that didn't make it to v5?

MrTwizzler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum