SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast

+6
graylandertagger
DamianD
realnabarl
Don Vecta
Benny26
Charco
10 posters

Go down

The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Empty The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast

Post  Charco Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 pm

I found some videos on Youtube of some mods by a guy called CmBlast that have never been posted on the Sormaker forum. He has done mods based on The Simpsons (looks like something I would definitely try), King of Dragons, Altered Beast and some others. I tried sending him a message to post his mods here but he never replied. Anyway, I have found a SkyDrive account that seems to have downlaods for all these mods so maybe we can check them out and report back here on what we think. I have no idea of the quality of these mods, just thought it was interesting that there were more mods out there that someone would not post on the Sormaker boards. Anyway, here are some videos and a link to the downloads. Let's check these out shall we?

Updated version of Simpsons with added palettes and improved music:

Hey guys, I have heard your prayers paddles add chords to my mod of the simpsons, so finally I have decided to do it and this is the result.
Here show you some pictures (Slums will be more yellow in the downloadable version)

The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen12
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen13
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen14
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen15
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen16
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen17

Also I cut the music so that there such a long silence. Now the music will fade but before it reaches entirely silent start playing again. Not in an infinite loop but at least you will not have a silence of several seconds as I had before.

Here links Very Happy.
4share:
http://www.4shared.com/get/LMMYN2I2/Sor_Remake_-_Los_Simpsons_Arca.html

Skydrive:
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj

Videos:
The Simpsons Mod

King of Dragons Mod

Last edited by Charco on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Empty Re: The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast

Post  Benny26 Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Tried his Altered Beast mod.

Very short and very strange. It's almost like a well polished experiment rather than a mod. All 5 stages are their 8-bit graphics ripped straight from the game by the looks of it; there's no depth in movement whatsoever, pure 2D fighting; and no food items, or in fact no items at all.

Apart from that though it looks like the guy knows how to use SoRMaker; Enemy placement didn't seem random, there were free cameras around pits to stop game breakers, and the cutscenes were spot on for Altered Beast.

Guess it can't hurt to try a few more.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Empty Re: The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast

Post  Charco Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:06 pm

I played the first 4 stages of the Simpsons mod, it's pretty cool.

The graphics are nice, plenty of animated layers etc like the original arcade game, collision maps where they should be. Cutscenes between stages with some sound were simple but did the job, same as the arcade.

Music, again, is the same as the arcade game. Some nice tunes as you'd expect from Konami at the time, nice renditions of familiar Simpsons tunes. One major issue though, the tracks are not looped and it really affects the flow of the game as they fade out and back in, leaving periods of silence.

Enemy positioning was ok, no pop in and decent use of the intros. Enemies were a little sparse, maybe because they were early stages, and they lacked variety. Multiples of the same enemy with no change in palettes for some reason.

Difficulty wise, the game is easy, bosses were on their own without mook backup so if you are a player with any SorR experience, it's a breeze.

All in all, a fun mod that could have been that bit better with a greater variety in enemies, more challenge and looped music. Definitely worth trying though. I do love remakes.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 am

Nice, something fresh to play.

Downloading...

Shame modder doesn't replied or posted this personally.

EDIT: Mods are in Spanish... and look like latin american Spanish. Maybe he didn't reply cuz he didn't understand? Shall I give a try? What's his contact info?

EDIT2: I checked his YouTube channel and sent him a PM inviting him to join us. I hope that he feels tempted as there's people who speak spanish too.

Still downloading.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  realnabarl Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:23 am

I tried all of them except the newest Simpson one about 2 months ago.
King of Dragons is a decent mod, however the modder really should converter the ripped graphics using bilinear filter.
Others just made me feel empty after played it.

realnabarl
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 am

I'd say The Simpsons one is the best, you should try that one.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks for the find Charco was looking for an Altered Beast Mod to go with the other sega mods.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Got a reply from him. He might be joining us soon.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Got a reply from him. He might be joining us soon.

Cool, we can do English translations for him etc.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Awesome glad he is thinking about joining I also played the Simpsons game very well done.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:54 pm

I think the Simpsons mod could use a set of pallete files to make the characters yellow(like in the show).
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

Oh my god, someone actually beat me to the Simpsons mod! I was thinking of doing this one for the longest time, and it's cool to see it realized by someone at some point.

I just played it, and from what it seems, it may be recommended to play on Mania if people find it too easy. It came down to the wire many times throughout the game. Also, I believe the reason the author didn't use many different types of enemies or palettes was because he wanted to stay true to the feel of the source material. However, I will admit I wouldn't necessarily have used the same mooks as the common enemies. The Galsias would have made much more sense as the suit-and-tie enemies than the Vices and Slums. And aside from the soundtrack needing some touching-up (he probably didn't know how to edit the sound files to loop them), it was a very good mod.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:46 am

Hello everyone, I am the author of the mod. Thank you very much.

I'm Spanish and I'm using the google translator, I hope not say any stupidity.

I am glad that my mod of the simpsons has had such expectation.

Perhaps the mod is simple, I relied in part with the arcade version, the PC version (the one that really got to know) and a little invention of mine.

From level 5 included "slums" and then there are levels like 6 (dreamland) which like the original game has a number of unique enemies.

Thanks again, I hope that if they are not challenging at least be entertaining to play.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:Hello everyone, I am the author of the mod. Thank you very much.

I'm Spanish and I'm using the google translator, I hope not say any stupidity.

I am glad that my mod of the simpsons has had such expectation.

Perhaps the mod is simple, I relied in part with the arcade version, the PC version (the one that really got to know) and a little invention of mine.

From level 5 included "slums" and then there are levels like 6 (dreamland) which like the original game has a number of unique enemies.

Thanks again, I hope that if they are not challenging at least be entertaining to play.

También estoy usando Google Translate.
quiero darles las gracias por hacer que sus mods y unirse al foro.
el [Altered Beast] es una gran idea sin embargo Megadrive gráficos en lugar de sistema maestro haría excisting más sin embargo yo entiendo que debe tener un poco de amor por el mastersystem. tengo los mismos sentimientos hacia dragón doble en el sistema principal es por eso que hice tanto megadrive y gráficos mastersystem para que siempre le gusta lo.

Espero ver más mods de usted en el futuro

que son bienvenidos aquí.

[English]
i am also using google translate.
i wanted to thank you for making your mods and joining the forum.
the [Altered Beast] is a great idea however megadrive graphics rather than master system would be better, however, i understand that you must have some love for the mastersystem. i have the same feelings towards double dragon on the master system that's why i did both megadrive and mastersystem graphics for who ever likes what.

i hope to see more mods from you in the future

you are warmly welcomed here.

Last edited by celestinx on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks so much.

I posted all my mods in the subforum "Spanish SoR", with a short description and a promotional video for each.

I think "Don Vecta" I will post everything in English at some point, but as a picture is worth a thousand words, the promotional video can teach about the subject of the mod .

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Would you like me to make pallete files for your Simpsons mod? The mod could use some yellow skinned enemies like in the show.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:01 pm

graylandertagger wrote:Would you like me to make pallete files for your Simpsons mod? The mod could use some yellow skinned enemies like in the show.

It was something I thought, but the priority was to have it finished and upload to the network (the computer had given me a couple of mistakes, I was afraid of losing it).

Currently I can do, after all is quite simple, just have to tweak the color of the skin without affecting the color of clothing.

If in the end I encourage you to do so and will notify go up, do not hesitate =).

PD: I Also try to cut the silence in music, so it is not so obvious.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 am

I tried downloading you mod, but the file sharing website requires me to download it's software first. Can you upload it to another website.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  realnabarl Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 am

graylandertagger wrote:I tried downloading you mod, but the file sharing website requires me to download it's software first. Can you upload it to another website.
Right-click on one item, select "download", it works for me.

realnabarl
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 pm

With Skydrive you just need to have a hotmail account, normally does not ask to install anything.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Hey guys, I have heard your prayers paddles add chords to my mod of the simpsons, so finally I have decided to do it and this is the result.
Here show you some pictures (Slums will be more yellow in the downloadable version)

The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen12
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen13
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen14
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen15
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen16
The Simpsons mod and others by CmBlast Imagen17

Also I cut the music so that there such a long silence. Now the music will fade but before it reaches entirely silent start playing again. Not in an infinite loop but at least you will not have a silence of several seconds as I had before.

Here links Very Happy.
4share:
http://www.4shared.com/get/LMMYN2I2/Sor_Remake_-_Los_Simpsons_Arca.html

Skydrive:
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:13 am

Nice work! My only advice is that you make the skins a little lights since there seems to be a bit of green in the pallete, but in the end this'll do if it must.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:36 am

Cm_blast, the Simpsons mod looks awesome, the yellow skin palete looks great, i will give it a try! And welcome to the community, impressive that someone has learned how to work with Sor Maker and didn't joined us before to show his work.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:14 am

I updated the original post with the new screenshots and download links.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:34 pm

A long, long time ago, i was a cartoon style MOD hater. In my head, i couldn't understand why people draw simple, humor, colorful assets when SoR Maker give us so many possibilities to make outstanding stages. This until i played Sonic Mod. So i realized that cartoon mods can work too, and could be so fun! And this Simpsons MOD don't disappoint, i really feel like i'm fighting in Springfield. The yellow baddies help to feel this too, i only miss the player characters yellow palettes. Of course, Simpsons Arcade graphics are very outdated, and the music was never that great, but this don't ruin the Simpsons feeling, it's great to see the cartoon characters along the stages, and everything was ripped and set with perfection. Some balancing in enemies life could help, but it's not a deal breaker here.

Score: 7/10 (good)
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down