SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controller support in v5.2 is straight broken

+3
bareknuckleroo
Broscar
scalliano
7 posters

Go down

Controller support in v5.2 is straight broken Empty Controller support in v5.2 is straight broken

Post  scalliano Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Trying to use my daily driver PS4 controller with v5.2 and no matter how much I fiddle with the options the game just refuses to accept inputs. Tried from a clean install with no saves and the Start button was mapped to R2 while cancel was mapped to Square and no other buttons worked aside from the D-pad. I'm having to resort to launching through Steam with a kludged PS4->keyboard mapping just to play the game.

Anyone else having trouble?
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Controller support in v5.2 is straight broken Empty Re: Controller support in v5.2 is straight broken

Post  Broscar Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:47 pm

OS?
Using any alternative controller drivers (DS4Windows/Steam input)?

I'm on Linux and I have to set the game to xbox for it to map my DS4 correctly.
Broscar
Broscar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Controller support in v5.2 is straight broken Empty Re: Controller support in v5.2 is straight broken

Post  bareknuckleroo Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:19 am

No, it isn't. PS4 controllers have always been hit or miss in Windows, which given the lack of mention of OS I'll assume is what you're using. JoyToKey works just fine to remap to keyboard any controller that isn't natively detected, as with many games that may not support unusual controller drivers.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:34 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am on Win10 (no DS4W), and I have a bunch of other controllers I can try out (Xbox, Retrobit MD, SN30 Pro, etc), it's just that my DS4 has been my go to for convenience and v5.1 never gave me any issues.

I'll give one of the other pads a spin and see how that turns out.
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:24 pm

It might be that some controller handling might've changed from v5.1 to v5.2 that may have changed what controllers it works with. As far as I know PS4 controllers have always had more spotty support per-game compared to Xbox controllers which are recognized better within Windows, but if you really want to play it with your PS4 controller it should still be possible via JoyToKey: https://joytokey.net/en/

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Zogtee Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 pm

I have a similar issue. I can't get 5.2 to work with my (wired) Xbox controller in Windows 10.

Zogtee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:59 pm

For PS4 controller try DS4Windows. Also make sure the controller is connected BEFORE you load the game.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

bareknuckleroo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:07 am

scalliano wrote:Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am on Win10 (no DS4W), and I have a bunch of other controllers I can try out (Xbox, Retrobit MD, SN30 Pro, etc), it's just that my DS4 has been my go to for convenience and v5.1 never gave me any issues.

I'll give one of the other pads a spin and see how that turns out.

I am using a PS4 controller for this game with bluetooth on windows 10, and it is working flawlessly I am using DS4 for windows.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:21 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:For PS4 controller try DS4Windows. Also make sure the controller is connected BEFORE you load the game.

Great point, there's a lotta games that don't detect a controller if you connect it while the game's already loaded.

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Broscar Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:52 pm

Just tried it on Windows 10 using Steam's input wrapper for my DS4. Works flawlessly.
And yeah, make sure it's connected before you fire up the game. SDL1.2 (which SoRR uses) doesn't really support controller hotplugging.
Broscar
Broscar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeTheHedgehog Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:36 am

Yep same thing's happening to me I'm using my Sega Gen controller (made for PC) and my Xbox controller and it's not work how do I fix this?

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:23 am

ArcadeTheHedgehog wrote:Yep same thing's happening to me I'm using my Sega Gen controller (made for PC) and my Xbox controller and it's not work how do I fix this?

Try running the game through Steam because you can use steams overlay and steams built in gamepad support.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down