SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage - Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage (Edited Version)

4 posters

Go down

Streets of Rage - Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage (Edited Version) Empty Streets of Rage - Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage (Edited Version)

Post  Persephone Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:26 pm

Hello everyone. After checking the completed MOD index, I see there is a MOD that looks unpopular (but seems interesting to me). That MOD is called Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage.

First, all I want to say is : I'm not the creator of that MOD. However, I decide to edit the enemy's name to make it become more popular. Interestingly, I found a MOD called "Maximum of Rage" created by xRainmakerRSx. I don't know if that MOD is a sequel to this Spiderman MOD or not.

Well, I see if some mods in here has an unique custom names. Sometimes I think "why if I use those unique names on other mods? I hope anyone would like it"

In my opinion, there are 2 mods with good names for the enemies. They are "Battle of Rio" and "SOR at the movies". Therefore, I got an idea to doing this.

Okay guys. I will present to you my edited MOD. This MOD is created by someone but I don't know who is the creator. But I edited it with custom names from combination between Battle of Rio and SOR at the Movies. All names are used, except for those who appear rarely or even just once. But trust me, you will encounter SO MANY UNIQUE NAMES while playing. Sometimes there are 2 enemies with same name but its very rare.

I just want an opinion from any people here. If you don't like it, of course I will delete this topic. Smile

Credits :

The creator of original MOD : by Unknown person
Battle of Rio names : by Oracle
SOR at the Movies names : by Benny26

Link : https://app.box.com/s/7ommcjld89hhjur0r6v7hi9k3dn0tife
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage - Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage (Edited Version) Empty Re: Streets of Rage - Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage (Edited Version)

Post  DarkThief Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:28 pm

I personally like both of them, especially Max of Rage. (that one's a classic for hardcore challenge seekers IMO)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage - Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage (Edited Version) Empty Re: Streets of Rage - Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage (Edited Version)

Post  Persephone Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 am

I like both of them too

By the way, I forgot to give a screenshot. But at least I have a video for this MOD. However, for some reason, when I was playing that video on my PC, there is no sound at all. Meanwhile, if playing it on my Android, everything seems normal.

Check it here :  

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1247147735422263&id=100003811462956&fs=0&focus_composer=0
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:48 am

Hello friends...

In fact the mod called "Maximum of Rage" is a tribute to the great "Spiderman and Venon: Maximum Carnage" and this was my first job. The reason this mod is not so popular is simple: it is a 'm a n i a' mode! To explain better, the points that make this mod an unpopular mod basically are the long life bar of enemies (lots of complaints about it) even though some hardcore players love it, most people don't want to spend an hour hitting a single henchman!

Anyway, I figured out how to better use the tools in sormaker when I worked on my second mod, based on metal slug 1.7 games released now! =)
What I’m trying to say is that I’m going to work on the Maximum of Rage mod again (without removing the heavy parts) but using the enemy tools to balance the game for players who don’t want such a heavy experience but without removing them for those who are in mania mode.

Then maybe the mod will become more popular.

I have a great affection for this mod and the original game. I ripened all the phase layers myself by working hard to do it. At the time, I didn't think about making a mod for all players, just for me and my friends. Today I think differently and I will try to make this mod more accessible to everyone!

Thank you all again.

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:14 am

looking forward for this arranged version. Hope it has more than just enemy positioning tweaks.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:25 pm

Don Vecta wrote:looking forward for this arranged version. Hope it has more than just enemy positioning tweaks.

You have helped me a lot in the past to understand many things. What was black ... how to use this, how to use that ... but because of the harcore position I adopted this mod has always been seen as a broken mod. Except a rebalance on enemies what do you suggest? what would you change?

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:07 am

I believe extra scenes or hidden paths is one of the best ways to expand the life of a mod. Kinda what I did on Rushing Beat Remake: added a couple of hidden paths and a Grandmaster Challenge, which is only for experts in Mania.

Now, what I was thinking is: to keep the master level you had, you can use that same positioning for an unlockable hardcore path exclusive for experts while making the regular path escalated to different modes. It's kind of a hassle but it's worth replaying and can be adjusted to all kinds of players.

My advice: easy, normal and hard can keep the same mooks per stop, one extra mook per extra difficulty: one for very hard, one for mania, one for 2p. The one in Mania or 2p can set a food drop. Depending on the length, you can go two or three waves if the scene is short, one or two if the scene is long, this is to keep the mod agile and avoid being dragged to oblivion.

Boss fights: certain amount of bars for easy, normal and hard, one extra bar in very hard, one more in Mania. Extra mooks for Mania or Extra Hard or 2p. You can adjust the bars according to difficulty or add an extra boss if the character isn't too tough.

Now, the extra path or your expert challenge can be some sort of "remixed" or "champion edition'd" versions of the regular paths (this is altering the color scheme or the time of the day, kinda like Capcom did to SF2 into SF2CE, hence the Champion Edition name), you can recolor the scenes or if you want, I can help you to do so, if you tell me exactly what's your plan of action and which scenes do you want refurbushed.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

xRainmakerRSx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 pm

So, you're the creator of this Spiderman MOD? I will say thank you very much for making this MOD. Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage is my childhood SNES game, and I'm glad if someone convert it to SORR.

As for the gameplay itself, I don't think if this MOD is hard unless you are playing as bad character like Axel or Blaze. And the forest stage is extremely long (you can watch it on my video above)

When I played it on first time, I've got an idea to use custom name for enemies from SOR at the Movies and Battle of Rio MOD, and I was hoping to make your MOD become popular by doing it.

By the way, it has been almost 2 years since I edited your MOD. And now you will give some updates to your MOD? This is great. Let me know if you already finished it Very Happy
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down