SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored?

+4
Xillatem
Mr.Din
William Assunção
graylandertagger
8 posters

Go down

Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored? Empty Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored?

Post  graylandertagger Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:49 am

Any of you who have played both the American and Japanese version of Streets of Rage 3 may notice the constant differences the two versions have.  One of which involves the plot in the Japanese version involving a bomb plot.  In fact the intro to the Japanese version shows part of a city being blown up.  

I've noticed that a year before the release of Streets of Rage 3, an incident occurred in New York City.  A bombing by Al-Qaeda that took 6 lives and left over 1000 injured.
Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored? WTC_1993_ATF
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

I could help, but mention this and I could be wrong.  Your welcome to correct me if I am.  I just can't help, but feel that the bombing at the World Trade Center was the main reason why the third game in the series was censored.  Any thoughts?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored? Empty Re: Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored?

Post  William Assunção Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:55 am

Hum...maybe this can be influenced the game's story, but i believe another factor can be influended this too:

The nuclear bombs in the story, the general's name [ Ivan Petrov ] and the red flag in the white house [ this game was released in 1994, 3 years after the end of cold war.

But about Ash, i believe they thinked the character won't be accepted by western audiences at that time [ in that time the people don't have the mind so opened like they have now ]

Last edited by William Assunção on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored? Empty Re: Was the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing the reason why Streets of Rage 3 was censored?

Post  Mr.Din Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:49 am

Ash was a walking stereotype, the equivalent of giving Adam huge red lips. The design likely wouldn't fly nowadays either, eh.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:00 pm

It got censored so it wouldn't offend sensitive cunts. If released today the plot would probably be about Axel trying to get to the post office before it shut, although no doubt some fuckwit would get "triggered" by that too.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Xillatem wrote:It got censored so it wouldn't offend sensitive cunts.  If released today the plot would probably be about Axel trying to get to the post office before it shut, although no doubt some fuckwit would get "triggered" by that too.

Generation Snowflake can go fuck themselves.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Charco wrote:Generation Snowflake can go fuck themselves.
Charco, did you know there's something we both agree on?
It's what you just said.

Very Happy b

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:26 am

Y'all so dramatic lol. The SJW's are annoying but I doubt sega would give a shit nowadays, just look at the newer Yakuza games.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 am

Mr.Din wrote:Y'all so dramatic lol. The SJW's are annoying but I doubt sega would give a shit nowadays, just look at the newer Yakuza games.

Dramatic? Look what SJWs did, as one example, to classic games, like Baldur's Gate (remake and sequel)! They are completely senseless vandals, who instead of progress, always bring regress. Instead of evolution and finesse, they bring devolution and clunkiness! World goes one step forward and they always have to drag everyone, two steps back!

Generation Snowflake can go fuck themselves but by no means, they are ever content by doing so; they never rest, until they f__k up sh_t for everyone! Even things for the people who actually tolerate and worse, support them!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:39 am

Security wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:Y'all so dramatic lol. The SJW's are annoying but I doubt sega would give a shit nowadays, just look at the newer Yakuza games.

Dramatic? Look what SJWs did, as one example, to classic games, like Baldur's Gate (remake and sequel)! They are completely senseless vandals, who instead of progress, always bring regress. Instead of evolution and finesse, they bring devolution and clunkiness! World goes one step forward and they always have to drag everyone, two steps back!

Generation Snowflake can go fuck themselves but by no means, they are ever content by doing so; they never rest, until they f__k up sh_t for everyone! Even things for the people who actually tolerate and worse, support them!
They didn't do anything, blame these companies for folding to their will when they don't have to. Did SNK fold to the sjw's about angel? PFFT no LOL they made those fun bags even bigger, the sooner we learn that they're a loud minority (as most of the whining internet trolls typically are) the better off we'll be. I vote with my wallet so I don't have to worry about these things LOL.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:37 pm

On the topic of Generation Snowflake, here's some bed-time reading...

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:00 pm

i tough something similar years ago. probably man. very probabbly. also this hollywood movies provides many ideas to the fuckign terrorist i think...

when the saddly terrorist attacks on september 11 happened, i remenbered i never knew what was the twin towers until i played "urban strike" sega genesis game.

in fact, i let the play on that level!. years after, passed the 2001 i finally concluded the awesome game.

was sad see how that fucking assasin bad guy on "urban strike", destroying a part of the twin towers using a giant laser satellite, became into real on a worst scenario... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:27 pm

No
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:20 pm

cabo-hicks wrote:i tough something similar years ago. probably man. very probabbly. also this hollywood movies provides many ideas to the fuckign terrorist i think...

when the saddly terrorist attacks on september 11 happened, i remenbered i never knew what was the twin towers until i played "urban strike" sega genesis game.

in fact, i let the play on that level!. years after, passed the 2001 i finally concluded the awesome game.

was sad see how that fucking assasin bad guy on "urban strike", destroying a part of the twin towers using a giant laser satellite, became into real on a worst scenario... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Agreed.  I've spent quite awhile researching incidents like this.  I've even found quite a few that make the Orlando Nightclub shooting look like childs play.  I'd rather not go into detail unless anybody would like to see what i've found since it's a sensitive topic.  In the meantime, Game Theory on Youtube did two episodes on loopholes in technology that terrorists could have used to cuase massive amounts of trouble.  Good thing no ones thought about it.  

graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down