SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle for Rio Updated v1.7

+21
Sshadow5001
Security
cabo-hicks
graylandertagger
thenomad
William Assunção
Ducobson
metalnat111
Tarma
Zarzak
bazzza
KFCutman
vince
iceweb38
DarkThief
BigDarsh
celestinx
Don Vecta
Charco
Mr.Din
oracle
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Battle for Rio Updated v1.7 - Page 4 Empty Re: Battle for Rio Updated v1.7

Post  graylandertagger Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:18 am

oracle wrote:
graylandertagger wrote:How did you do that?  I might do some tinkering and see if I can make a tutorial about that and I figured i'd ask where I can start to figure it all out.

The key is the empty files with filenames terminating with "_end"

Alright. Did the tutorial. Made sure to thank you. Very nice work. I especially loved the second scene in Battle for Rio 2 where you used timed enemy placements so that the sniper could take them out. Looking forward to your next work.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Battle for Rio Updated v1.7 - Page 4 Empty crazy idea of the gas station...

Post  cabo-hicks Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:28 pm

hi, i just wanted to say that is original the idea, and i was thinking about that happening of the olimpics.

you guys know, that usa man doing the stupid on a gas station, destroying the place, and telling to all that they was attacked. after the recording of the camera was obtained and the truth was out.

could be interesting, and even be hillarious, one statge where the bosses will be those 3 man of that happening. Twisted Evil lol! Laughing

talking about olimpics, at least it sounds funny for me. clown

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:04 am

Hey, nice work! That dojo seemed to me very sexy and the dancing club (ash's place) was okay, too! After i beat this, i get to the olympics edition! What a treat!!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 pm

I just started playing it, absolutely love SoRR and this mod is great... but fighting Shiva in the dark... you monster Laughing I have enough trouble with him as it is.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  VidGmr1996 Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Funny how it's been almost a year since I first played this mod, and I have to say, this was an awesome first impression you gave, oracle. I really liked the Brazilian influences you put into the mod, and it's cool how you interpreted real-life events that happened in Rio into the game.

Those aspects help gave it a unique flavor (much like in the same vein of mods such as the Way of the Warriors), such as being introduced to a bunch of interesting music and enjoying how the story progressed as the game went on. The filter effect you used on the cutscenes is a nice touch as well. I give you mega props to the level design as well, and utilizing the potential of the creative SoRMaker features introduced in v5.1. I would leave a few examples, but I don't want to spoil the experience for those who haven't played it yet. I even used your mod as a reference for my own mod (and I just realized I that didn't give you credit yet).

I remembered getting the good ending on my first try. I even decided to replay the whole thing with the v1.4 revision you release before I played the sequel you've made.

In short, great job!

Last edited by VidGmr1996 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Decided to break up what was once a 'wall-of-text' review.)
VidGmr1996
VidGmr1996
Galsia

http://goebung.neocities.org

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm

VidGmr1996 wrote:Funny how it's been almost a year since I first played this mod, and I have to say, this was an awesome first impression you gave, oracle.

Hello! Thanks for taking time to write this comment Surprised

Recently I resumed the work with my next mod - Syndicate 2058. I will be happy if I can release it over the next few weeks.
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  VidGmr1996 Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:44 am

No problem, it was a fun experience playing it through. And that's great that you're working on a new mod. I look forward to it!
VidGmr1996
VidGmr1996
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:32 pm

VidGmr1996 wrote:No problem, it was a fun experience playing it through. And that's great that you're working on a new mod. I look forward to it!

Hey, it's out (at least, the first stage). See here: http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t524-syndicate-2029-pilot#12603
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:23 pm

VidGmr1996 wrote:I even used your mod as a reference for my own mod (and I just realized I that didn't give you credit yet)
I forgot to ask, which one is your mod? I'm a bit lost
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  VidGmr1996 Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Hey oracle, just saw your thread for Syndicate 2029, and judging from the screenshots it looks really nice! I'll try to play it later on.

Oh, the mod in question is Riot City Remake. Version 4 might not be out in a while, though. And the unfortunate thing is that I forgot what I based certain aspects of my Riot City mod from Battle for Rio, hahaha. I'll have to play through both of those again to retrace my memory.
VidGmr1996
VidGmr1996
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:01 am

Two years later... here comes a special update for Battle for Rio 1 Surprised (link in the first post!) What you hear in 14.ogg, 47a.ogg and 60.ogg is only possible thanks to my WIP with the Rudra 2029 mod. Hope you enjoy!

v1.7:
- Added Rudra's voice over radio with script to slum occupation scene (stage 1), and elevator barricade scene (stage 8 ), and first line when face-to-face in The Girl club (stage 4, scene 5).
- Replaced music with copyright restrictions for various stages: ambush scene, The Girl club entrance, Barbon bar, Copacabana beach, baile funk, Ella Club and credits. Also heard many feedback from Youtube user comments
- Added custom loop to select player screen (64.ogg).
- Added more enemies to the final bad end scene, preventing premature exit before relevant script being displayed.
- Reviewed and added a Brazilian Portuguese translation by Canal GSN. Thank you! Translation can be found in the \translation folder.

PS: can some moderator update the topic title? Smile
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:28 am

oracle wrote:Two years later... here comes a special update for Battle for Rio 1
I just finish a complete new turn of your mods, so good news!
But "Replaced music with copyright restrictions"??? Why? To avoid Youtube restrictions?

oracle wrote:PS: can some moderator update the topic title?
You can do it yourself by editing the first message of the topic, no?
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:48 pm

vince wrote:Why? To avoid Youtube restrictions?

Mainly, yes, the "Music in this video" section when clicking show more details about a video was just too big. Also took in consideration some feedback by Youtube users about the soundtrack Razz

vince wrote:

Laughing Hard It was so easy! Thanks!
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:25 pm

oracle wrote:
vince wrote:Why? To avoid Youtube restrictions?

Mainly, yes, the "Music in this video" section when clicking show more details about a video was just too big. Also took in consideration some feedback by Youtube users about the soundtrack Razz

vince wrote:

Laughing Hard It was so easy! Thanks!

Once I heard in the Russian forum that this mod battle for rio is very cool and interesting mod. I completely agree, especially liked the very first mod. I wish you inspiration and success)
Now I download version 1.7).....

Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:53 am

As part of the celebrations of the anniversary of the city of Rio de Janeiro (happened a few days back, IIRC), and also to test the enhanced Shiva-3, decided to do a run of the classic mod Battle for Rio by M. Onyx, to my taste, one of the most amazing mods of the recent years (including its sequel).
And also made a small modification in the Capoeira scene as a homage to my capoerista brothers and mestres... Valeu Capoeira Brasil!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:57 am

Don Vecta wrote:And also made a small modification in the Capoeira scene as a homage to my capoerista brothers and mestres... Valeu Capoeira Brasil!
You add the apelidos of your camaradas, right? What's yours? Mine is Cabeça de Ovo What a Face
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:51 pm

vince wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:And also made a small modification in the Capoeira scene as a homage to my capoerista brothers and mestres... Valeu Capoeira Brasil!
You add the apelidos of your camaradas, right? What's yours? Mine is Cabeça de Ovo What a Face

Yup, and added a proper bateria in their roda with Mestre Richard. Razz

And yup, the apelidos of my crew. I'm Dendezeiro.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:56 am

Don Vecta wrote:

Yup, and added a proper bateria in their roda with Mestre Richard. Razz

I loved your small mod in the Capoeira, Don Vecta! Please upload the modifications somewhere tongue
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:18 pm

oracle wrote:Two years later... here comes a special update for Battle for Rio 1 Surprised (link in the first post!) What you hear in 14.ogg, 47a.ogg and 60.ogg is only possible thanks to my WIP with the Rudra 2029 mod. Hope you enjoy!

v1.7:
- Added Rudra's voice over radio with script to slum occupation scene (stage 1), and elevator barricade scene (stage 8 ), and first line when face-to-face in The Girl club (stage 4, scene 5).
- Replaced music with copyright restrictions for various stages: ambush scene, The Girl club entrance, Barbon bar, Copacabana beach, baile funk, Ella Club and credits. Also heard many feedback from Youtube user comments
- Added custom loop to select player screen (64.ogg).
- Added more enemies to the final bad end scene, preventing premature exit before relevant script being displayed.
- Reviewed and added a Brazilian Portuguese translation by Canal GSN. Thank you! Translation can be found in the \translation folder.

PS: can some moderator update the topic title? Smile

Didn't notice the update. I take it you were contacted over the copyright issues. I can't blame you for replacing it.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  mariocanales Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:57 am

i will play it,thank you very much.

mariocanales
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Raf Arin Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Very nice mod, loved the big stages with a lot of vertical space. I will replay to try and see everything, I think I got the bad ending. Thanks to the creators and contributors !
Raf Arin
Raf Arin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:04 am

graylandertagger wrote:Didn't notice the update.  I take it you were contacted over the copyright issues.  I can't blame you for replacing it.  

Actually I was not contacted by any song author, but if I was I would gladly remove the song of the author. In Rudra 2029 I´m now using mostly music from artists that are not copyright sensitive and are seeking exposure for their work tongue
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:10 am

Raf Arin wrote:Very nice mod, loved the big stages with a lot of vertical space. I will replay to try and see everything, I think I got the bad ending. Thanks to the creators and contributors !

Thanks! Happy you enjoyed. Have you tried the sequel Battle for Rio 2? It is actually a sequel of the bad ending you got
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Raf Arin Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:30 am

Ok nice ! Still in my second playthrough, went for Hard but probably should have played Normal Sad
Raf Arin
Raf Arin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4