SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 2 Mania

4 posters

Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Mania Empty Streets of Rage 2 Mania

Post  Waruiva Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:58 pm

The furthest I could ever make it with Skate was up to Z. Kusano...
Waruiva
Waruiva
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage 2 Mania Empty Re: Streets of Rage 2 Mania

Post  Mr.Din Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Lorenzo The Comic wrote:The furthest I could ever make it with Skate was up to Z. Kusano...
far better than me, R.Bear is my foil if not Abedede.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Waruiva Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:31 pm

Man, I tried to be as careful as possible, but still can't manage it in a 1-Player game, with 9 Lives, while collecting every 1UP.

As for Abadede, if you're Blaze or Skate, try to do the Jump Down attack loop. Doing the R. Bear loop (defense special in the center of his body on wakeup and then grab him) is hard to do thanks to the numerous reinforcements.
Waruiva
Waruiva
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:01 am

Lorenzo The Comic wrote:Man, I tried to be as careful as possible, but still can't manage it in a 1-Player game, with 9 Lives, while collecting every 1UP.

As for Abadede, if you're Blaze or Skate, try to do the Jump Down attack loop. Doing the R. Bear loop (defense special in the center of his body on wakeup and then grab him) is hard to do thanks to the numerous reinforcements.
What you have to do to get RBear alone is die once before him, when you come back you'll knock down the furthest big Ben and you can take him out before RBear is even on screen one you've cleared out that wave, galsia will spawn 4 or 5 times one by one. Take them all out and voila, no reinforcements

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Waruiva Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 am

'tis a terrible Mania run with Axel.
Waruiva
Waruiva
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Lorenzo The Comic wrote: 'tis a terrible Mania run with Axel.
that was a close one! I cringed when on stage 5 R.Bear started moving, worse thing in the world him and two bongos LOL

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Waruiva Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:49 am

Here's another Mania playthrough, this time with Skate. My love is now complete.

Believe it or not, I lose lives a lot more often with Blaze than with Skate. The timing on her Defense Special when doing the R. Bear trick seems to be more strict.
Waruiva
Waruiva
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  serp Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:11 am

I MAY have beaten it on Mania with Max, but I'm not sure.

Mania seems somewhat impossible for a solo run. There's a tool assisted one out there, which is dumb and I'm not interested in that type of thing. There might be someone, or some group of someones, that can solo it on mania. It's hard enough to even pick mania as a single player though, since you have to hold down the buttons on the P2 control pad just to pick it lol.

Very Hard I'm pretty sure I've beaten a few times solo.

But, the real fun of SOR games is co-op anyway.
serp
serp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:14 am

Back in 1995? I got so good at SOR2 that I'd manage to finish Mania (but only with Axel).

Tried playing it a couple years ago on normal and got my ass kicked, practice is everything. Very Happy
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  serp Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:41 am

NeoVamp wrote:Back in 1995? I got so good at SOR2 that I'd manage to finish Mania (but only with Axel).

Tried playing it a couple years ago on normal and got my ass kicked, practice is everything. Very Happy

Yeah I always thought Axel was my best player, but I recall a co-op mania run I did once where I didn't lose a life with Max at all, which to me was stunning. I believe my best Axel runs I still would lost 3 lives or so. Usually it would be more, most of the time the lives get lost on stage 7 on the elevator, or other really heavily flooded areas.

Ah good times. Until just a few years ago I used to play with an online friend. Not SOR every night, but almost every night something. Then I got really busy at work and couldn't play for a year or so, and he disappeared. It's sad because I got time again about a year ago, but now don't have people to play with like I used to Sad
serp
serp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down