SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorr Mod - Captain Commando

+6
Charco
Don Vecta
Saven
Tarma
pop man 1989
Cm_Blast
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sorr Mod - Captain Commando - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorr Mod - Captain Commando

Post  Charco Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Great! I like Warriors of Fate, it has some lovely graphics. Here is a playthrough to reacquaint yourself with the game Cm_Blast:

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Charco wrote:Great! I like Warriors of Fate, it has some lovely graphics. Here is a playthrough to reacquaint yourself with the game Cm_Blast:

Thanks. 

I see like 2 fire levels.

mmm... ¿9 rounds? Well, I'll think of something.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Hey Guys, I made major changes to this mod: Captain commando.

First: Instead of putting a few more enemies only for 2 players, I put them for hard level.

But more, I added even more enemies for very hard.

like I did with my other mods, now this one is thus:

level normal: Playing original arcade at 1 player.
level hard:   Playing at 2 players
level Very hard: 3 players.

But Beware! in Very hard the number of enemies increased considerably.
An example:
stage 6 (only first scene)
before there was 47 enemies, now in very hard added 16 enemies more!

on the other hand I have redone the intros from being static and have maintained their original size instead of reducing it.

so, in normal the game remains the same, just in hard and very hard added more enemies.

First post update with the new information.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Harder mode? Must try it out.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Harder mode? Must try it out.
Yeah, now in some scenes you must fight 3 Mushashis (Yamatos) at the same time (plus others enemies) in very-hard or mania.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Finally I did a little update to this mod.

Is just a simply update for people who play in normal and hard. Mostly I reduced one bar of all the bosses except the last and the doppleganger.

In normal now the bosses have x3 life bars, in hard x3.5, and in very hard or above the original x4 (x2.5 in easy)
In the same way, the fight against Two Zamzas now they have x2 each (normal) or x2,5 (hard) instead x3. (1.5 in easy).

The rest of the game remains the same, so if you are a very hard player that never play in normal/hard you don't need this.

If something is wrong (playing in easy/hard a boss don't have the "Boss condition") report me.

First post updated.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  realnabarl Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:20 pm

This MOD is quite hard but I was managed to beat it.
Thanks for the work!

realnabarl
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:41 am

realnabarl wrote:This MOD is quite hard but I was managed to beat it.
Thanks for the work!

Thanks =).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:19 pm

Question: Is this mod going to get a v5.1 update? I think with the new features, this could be fantastic!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Question: Is this mod going to get a v5.1 update? I think with the new features, this could be fantastic!

Yes, my first plan was updating all the mods with at least custom objetcs, missing cutscenes (plus final ending/credits), stage clear/char select music, some jumping if the mod requires it... Then I get distracted by the Golden Axe Arcade.

And then... I found a new toy: A Dune 2000 editor to create my own maps, bases, reinforcements, etc...

But yes, I like to at least do those little things, don't know when.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Okay, while waiting for that update, let's play an outdated version of this mod for a while... by editing a bit my data folder to add CC's consumables.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Wed May 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Wow yeah, Captain Commando. Not only me, but also my brother / sister, my nephew, and even my job partner likes it. This and Warriors of Fate are only arcade games which also appear in PS1. And I've played it on both version.

Well, it's very good mod. Probably my little sister would like it if she knows. And as usual, I found some mistakes :

1. When fighting 2nd boss at museum, normally we fight a guy named "Shtrom.Jr". However, if you play it on hard level, his adult counterpart (probably his father?) will appear instead. (Shtrom)

2. In stage 6 (aquarium) there is a robot appear in the last part of first scene. However, you were used a wrong palettes because in original game, that robot was supposed to be an "Ice Robot" with blue color, while in your MOD you were using a green color which resembles a "Melee Robot". As far as I know, there is no Melee Robot in stage 6 because its last appearances is on stage 1 (if you play alone) or stage 4 inside a circus camp (if you play with friend)

3. (WARNING, THIS IS NOT AN EASY TASK). I heard if you put 100 bikers on stage 5. That's the craziest things I've ever met. Haha, just kidding, that was a good idea. But, I found if some of them has a wrong name. And because so many of them, the chance to making a mistake is unavoidable, I think. And to find those mistakes, of course is difficult due to their numbers. That's why I give you a warning first xD

To make it easier, I will help you to find those bikers which has a wrong names. From their position (must be in same type) which count from left to the right (from top to bottom if they are in same column), their appearances, their facing direction, and their coordinate position. Okay, let's check it out

PART 1

- There is one Kojiro with name Sasuke. His position are on 5th position, facing left, appears in round 5, and with coordinate X = 690, Y = 159

- There are three Sasukes with wrong names. The first Sasuke with name Kojiro is on 4th position, facing right (with wheelie, and he will facing left if you click on it for some reason), appears in round 5, and with coordinate X = 799, Y = 227

The second Sasuke with name Kojiro is on 9th position, facing right, appears in round 2, and with coordinate X = 1555, Y = 210

As for the third Sasuke, his name are Storm xD. His position are on 16th position, facing right, appears in round 2, and with coordinate X = 2341, Y = 229

PART 2 (when fighting Dr.Tea Water)

- There is Hanzo with name Sasuke. His position are on 1st position, facing left, appears in round 3, and with coordinate X = 1027, Y = 228

- There is Kojiro with default names (Storm again -_-). His position are on 6th position, facing right, appears in round 1, and with coordinate X = 2328, Y = 183

Well, That's all I know. When I find another mistakes, I will tell you Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed May 02, 2018 10:54 pm

Persephone wrote:Wow yeah, Captain Commando. Not only me, but also my brother / sister, my nephew, and even my job partner likes it. This and Warriors of Fate are only arcade games which also appear in PS1. And I've played it on both version.

Well, it's very good mod. Probably my little sister would like it if she knows. And as usual, I found some mistakes :

Wow, you whole family likes the game. Good.

1. I didn't know that. I'll check in the game; maybe I turn the very hard/mania into his senior version since on easy to hard has the same HP.

2. In my game it's a ice Particle. I can't tell if I change but forgot to reupload or what. I need to do a lot of reupload just to be sure that it's all good.

3. It's clear that I did some fixes already. I don't have any wrong sasukes, but there was a wrong kojiro, so thanks for that.
Oh, I just realize. If you are able to see the bikers on the second part, then you are playing an old version.
At first I made the background moving in a loop. Not all people like it (I didn't mind have it, although it's not like I love that scene either; was a bit weird and was'n fully satisfied with it); at the end; I cut the whole level just to show a static background.

This means that right now I only can see 2 bikers and the boss. The others are "out of screen"; I mean really really out of screen; that far that I can't not even look at them.
The only way to fix that it's by enlarging the background so I can edit those and then cut the background again (just to not make a big file).

Or you have found a way to look all those guys?

I heard if you put 100 bikers on stage 5. That's the craziest things I've ever met. 

I am a bit crazy Razz.

If you indeed have an old version (the background it's moving) you can do me the favour. Change the names of the guys to the correct ones and send me the .smk file for this scene.

I think I can overwrite the values of the guys (palettes and names, although in this case you only must change the name since this it's a made up battle) and then just simply re-do the few modifications I made; heh; in fact now I am looking and I forgot to add the "boss" condition to the boss-biker to any difficulty but hard. No-one told me xD.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu May 03, 2018 6:34 pm

What? An old version? I didn't know about it because you didn't put any information at your description above. I was downloading from second link (4shared)

For bikers problem, yes, I was playing it on moving background. You can watch it here :

https://www.facebook.com/dinar.persephone/videos/vb.100003811462956/1209774302492940/?type=3

By the way, I found one more mistake again (I don't know if this problem has been fixed in new version or not)

One of the Marbin in Shtrom.Jr (2nd boss) battle still has a name "Juggler"

And about your request (uploading smk files), I've been fixed all those bugs and you can download it here :

https://app.box.com/s/qm7twrwak7nmditprornvbmxt3bdv5g1

Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu May 03, 2018 7:55 pm

Persephone wrote:What? An old version? I didn't know about it because you didn't put any information at your description above. I was downloading from second link (4shared)

For bikers problem, yes, I was playing it on moving background. You can watch it here :

https://www.facebook.com/dinar.persephone/videos/vb.100003811462956/1209774302492940/?type=3

By the way, I found one more mistake again (I don't know if this problem has been fixed in new version or not)

One of the Marbin in Shtrom.Jr (2nd boss) battle still has a name "Juggler"

And about your request (uploading smk files), I've been fixed all those bugs and you can download it here :

https://app.box.com/s/qm7twrwak7nmditprornvbmxt3bdv5g1

I don't know when you download it. My computer crashes some months ago and I redownloaded every single mod. And here I have the update verison.

Just to let you know. Those backgrounds are not animated, plus bosses no longer have x4 life bar. Some have 2, other 3... depending of the boss itself. Overall there are lots of enemies with much less HP.

Thanks for the fix. I'll check later.

About the link; probably I forgot to update, not only this but several other mods as well.
Just to be sure check this other post better
http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t554-big-general-update-for-a-dozen-of-my-mods
Here I said all the general updates done at once; but also the link instead separated mods (which when I upgrade something, I need to change the link on this forum, on the other forum, on youtube, on...), now It points to the main folder containing all the mods. Check for "CC (5.1)"; all that have 5.1 are 100% updated with the changes commented on that other post "big-general-update".

However; you can expect that this mod (and others if you don't have the most update version) may be bigger (the music it's a reason); but anyway; if you doubt about a mod or something, download from that other link better;

I do a "only 1 link for everything" because right now, if I upload with those small fixes, the link it's still valid and people can get it, while right now I need to update the link in this forum, on youtube, etc... and then I do the small fixes and again I need to update the link on this forum, on youtube... (and doing that for 5 mods so far).

Ps: I am going to update every single link to this "all mods" type of link, so this doesn't happen anymore. I suggest you to check what other mods I changed to know if you have the updated version of not. Some will have new cutscenes but the mod it's the same so no too much problem, but King of dragons show 3 main paths while maybe you only have the original "easy = some enemies; hard = lots of enemies".

Anyaway; all the links are going to be updated just in case and the first post will include the new info with the very last update done. Since it's an edit no posts will be rise to the top of the forum.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri May 04, 2018 1:25 pm

Nah, I don't know about that link. After reading those updates, it looks interesting. For example, in Captain Commando, I heard if you change Tiger to Soozie and Jack to Galsia-2. I never tried it before. (Remember my video about 100 bikers? Before reaching that stage, I had lost a lot of lives and continues against so many of them)

About The King of Dragons, you said there are 3 routes? Wow, I must try it Very Happy
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri May 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Persephone wrote:Nah, I don't know about that link. After reading those updates, it looks interesting. For example, in Captain Commando, I heard if you change Tiger to Soozie and Jack to Galsia-2. I never tried it before. (Remember my video about 100 bikers? Before reaching that stage, I had lost a lot of lives and continues against so many of them)

About The King of Dragons, you said there are 3 routes? Wow, I must try it  Very Happy
Yes, the CC was a bit more longer that It should. I was trying to do the "must last for 1 hour" like the original Sor game; but later I decided that if the original game can be beated in 20 min (normal pace; this it's only an example) my mod shouldn't last for 50 min.

I think the original CC took 40 min at most; so I reduced lots of HP to avoid fighting so many donovans with 80-90 HP. The enemies now has much less enemies plus those other changes.

The King of dragons indeed have 3 routers. The First it's like the original game played with only 1 player. The second like playing as 2, and the third playing as 3. It's the same as now but instead "normal-hard-very hard" now you can face only the enemies on the "normal" run but playing in mania.

Food and weapons differ from the route; first route have pizza+grenade; third route have chicken+machine-gun. this it's only an example; when you start the game you have a "main screen" when it shows what I means. It's a reference to the originals characters: the "knight" it's more easy to play (a few enemies) but use low magic (grenade). The wizard it's hard to master (lots of enemies) but know high magic (machine gun).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri May 04, 2018 9:40 pm

About The King of Dragons : So each route is a references to the character in original game? I will try it later Very Happy

About Captain Commando : This is the most annoying part of the game >_<

Sorr Mod - Captain Commando - Page 2 NmRDolU
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri May 04, 2018 10:21 pm

Persephone wrote:About The King of Dragons : So each route is a references to the character in original game? I will try it later Very Happy

About Captain Commando : This is the most annoying part of the game >_<

Yes; as soon as you start the game you will see. the Knight, elf and wizard are used.

About the CC; that it's wrong. The Hard or above should be only as Hard; I fixed it right now; I never play on mania so bad luck with that. thanks for the info. Fix your version too and that's it.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat May 05, 2018 7:37 am

So, that was a mistake after all? @_@

I thought if you got an idea : "hey, how about 2 yamatos and 2 musashi at once and some ninjas later? is that a good idea?"

I lost many lives there T_T
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun May 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Persephone wrote:So, that was a mistake after all? @_@

I thought if you got an idea : "hey, how about 2 yamatos and 2 musashi at once and some ninjas later? is that a good idea?"

I lost many lives there T_T

Yeah; nobody told me.

Anyway; I used your fix for the stabe5b scene I fixed other errors manually (or they were already fixed).
Also I reduced drastically the boss Life Bar; 25 seconds it's barely enough to kill the boss, but in Mania I give to the boss 1 extra life bar as any other bosses; but still, 25 seconds would be impossible, I think.

Now I increase the life bar only 20 hp, which means 1 or 2 jumps attack more depending of the character.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:15 pm

It's been a year since my last reply on this MOD. I've played this MOD several times, but I don't know if there is still an error I haven't found before, because it was never happened to me.

Well, let's get to the point. In stage 8 (Enemy Spaceship), you will face a boss called "Doppleganger" which being cast by some main characters like Rudra, Electra (Elle), Blaze, and Roo. However, I was found something wrong while fighting them.

On 1st wave, you will face Doppleganger of both Rudra and Electra. But the problem is : When I killed Electra, the battle suddenly ends and Rudra has escaped. I don't know why. Because it would make the battle easier than it should, and 2nd wave enemies didn't appear as the result.

Can you explain it to me Cm_Blast? Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Persephone wrote:It's been a year since my last reply on this MOD. I've played this MOD several times, but I don't know if there is still an error I haven't found before, because it was never happened to me.

Well, let's get to the point. In stage 8 (Enemy Spaceship), you will face a boss called "Doppleganger" which being cast by some main characters like Rudra, Electra (Elle), Blaze, and Roo. However, I was found something wrong while fighting them.

On 1st wave, you will face Doppleganger of both Rudra and Electra. But the problem is : When I killed Electra, the battle suddenly ends and Rudra has escaped. I don't know why. Because it would make the battle easier than it should, and 2nd wave enemies didn't appear as the result.

Can you explain it to me Cm_Blast? Smile

I think it was a mistake that I even found, or something. Can you tell me at witch difficulty? but I asume it's on very hard+mania.

On my mod that Electra have "round 1 - normal"; and the one dropping from the top have "round 2 - boss". I think at some point I found this and fixed it myself.

If you have the mood redownload the game and check if the 3 standing guys are set to "round 1 - normal" while the 4 dropping down are set as "round 2 - boss", if that's correct, then it was fixed some time ago.

Edit: I found that the 4share version had those fixes, but the one at the onedrive not, for some reason.
Both version should have the current version now.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Aha, that's it. I downloaded it from onedrive and I got that error. That's because you're set Electra in round 1 to boss while Rudra was set to normal. That's why if you kill Electra first, the battle will end earlier because if there is regular enemy onscreen which still alive when no boss wandering around on same wave, the game thinks if you had defeated all the bosses despite there is another boss on next wave waiting for their turn. Maybe it was bug form the game itself?

By the way, I've downloaded a newer version like your advice above. I checked it with sormaker, and yeah, the 1st wave is a regular enemy while the 2nd wave is a boss. Thank you for fixing it Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:49 pm

The errors usually comes because I don't play on very hard often, Only the simpsons one, and maybe a couple more from time to time, so errors like the double boss in a early map and that one comes for not really testing in very hard.

Anyway, thanks for the call, both sites now have the updated version, so should be fine.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2